PDA

View Full Version : Custom Themes won't apply PROPERLY ( W8.1.1 )

zakcaree
November 12th, 2014, 09:54 AM
To all experienced themers out there, I'm having trouble in applying customs themes on my machine (any themes for 8.1.1; armoured, zero-g, HUD, by design. etc.).
Everytime i apply a theme, nothing changes on my UI (only cursors, theme icons, folder/settings background color (usually becomes gray of black when i apply a certain theme) will change, the rest remains unchanged. I've attached an image of my desktop using Armoured theme 8.1.1 below:

As you can see on the personalization window, background is dark gray which is usually the same for other themes when they are not fully applied, also overall window UI of like my folder remains unchanged.

My Settings:

All requirements: installed as Administrator
Native Desktop Resolution: 1366x768 (laptop)
GPU/display Drivers: updated
Custom Theme Enabler: UltraUXTheme 2.3 which works mostly for everyone except ME (2.4 does not also work), Uxstyle (have worked when I'm on 8.0 but gives me blackscreen afterwards as I was unaware of the issue, so no go for now)
Other apps: OldnewExplorer 1.1, Aero 1.2.5, Classic Shell 4

If anyone knows how to fix this or have an idea of what I may have overlooked, that will be much appreciated.

November 12th, 2014, 12:30 PM
zakcaree (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/286291-zakcaree) first welcome to virtualcustoms. hope you find the forums enjoyable. if you find something you want to download please make sure you at least click the like and thanks button to let the original poster that you appreciate that they took their time to create, and or post the item. as for your problem customizing your comp please read through the following post.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1

zakcaree
November 13th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the response, with regards on your link though, that's what I've been actually following(precisely every step) when I tried applying themes from here, unfortunately, I still can't make them to work properly. Gray/Black shade and folder styles remains pretty much the same like on OP.

I'll try removing all applied mods(stated on OP) later when I get home and then re-apply them one by one again. Hopefully it will fix them. But if you have any suggestions, please post 'em here so I can try when re-installing doesn't work. Thanks!

November 13th, 2014, 04:12 PM
i tagged a couple of others that may be better at helping since you say you did follow the tutorial i linked to.

Lamia
November 14th, 2014, 08:34 AM
From what i see maybe that classic shell application you use causes the problem to your OS mate, also try load HI-TEXTURES theme from personalization window, then apply default Windows Aero one, then try some custom theme maybe that will help, if not i can help you out after week cause i'm not at home atm, also i hope you uncheck that one option in installation of Aero Glass (if you follow instructions on Tutorial). This is it from me for now, when i get back if you don't fix your situation, feel free to contact me! :peace:

zakcaree
November 14th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Well.. now that you mention it, I have yet to try disabling classic shell, I'll see later when I get home and also try the high texture test you've mention.
Ps: I've unchecked both options on aero before installation.

Will update nxtweek if I can finally make it properly work.
Thanks!

zakcaree
November 18th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Update: As I tried both Classic shell removal and theme switching with high textures, result were unfortunately still the same. I can't think more of what I should do as I've already tried alot of methods to make it work.
Is there is any last resort which I could do other than reinstalling windows?

Shemhamforash
November 19th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Update: As I tried both Classic shell removal and theme switching with high textures, result were unfortunately still the same. I can't think more of what I should do as I've already tried alot of methods to make it work.
Is there is any last resort which I could do other than reinstalling windows?

You could try using a restore point, or, you could uninstall UltraUXThemePatcher, apply the defalt aero metrics, and restart, than install UxStyle. I'd recommend just sticking with UxStyle for now, can't go wrong with it because it doesn't involve patching of sytem files to enable 3rd party custom themes.