March 24th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Blade 8.1+

The following applications are needed:

- UltraUXThemePatcher 2.5.4 or UXStyle 0.2.3.0,
- OldNewExplorer 1.1.0,
- StartIsBack+ 1.7.5,
- Black Glass Enhanced 0.5,
- AeroGlass 1.3.1!

TUTORIAL - HOW TO INSTALL & SETUP YOUR CUSTOMIZATION APPLICATIONS ON WINDOWS 8.1+ OS (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1)

Enjoy! :happy:

Lamia
March 24th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Great import Mark, thank you for sharing it! :Peace:

Lito
March 24th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Awesome import no doubt.............. Preciate the outstanding work both you Mr Grim and Lamia thx for sharing this and all the other themes and those to come :money:

cybacreep
March 24th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Awesome stuff will give this a try thanks :tu:

max68
March 24th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Thanks Boss really nice import.
I did not understand if I can use with Update 1?

Lamia
March 24th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks Boss really nice import.
I did not understand if I can use with Update 1?
Don't worry, it will work on 8.1.1! :Smile:

max68
March 24th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Don't worry, it will work on 8.1.1! :Smile:

Thank you so much brother run immediately :tu:

Harvey Sewdin
March 24th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the port Grim.

Still one of your best themes imo :smile:

Mr GRiM
March 24th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Your welcome guys, I did just update the setup file a little bit ago, realized I didn't add any shortcut to the desktop for the task manager, no need to install it again though for those who have installed it, just go to C:\TM and create a shortcut or pin it to the taskbar like I do :smile:

regen
March 24th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Awesome theme. I'm using it now...
:happy:

cybacreep
March 24th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Thanks for info great theme thanks again :money:

March 24th, 2015, 04:34 PM
looks fantastic GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM), thanks

Mr GRiM
March 24th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Let me know if you like these types of installers or if you would like anything different.

March 24th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Let me know if you like these types of installers or if you would like anything different.

installed perfectly. i'm however not using aeroglass or blackglass, but even with out them the theme looks great.

mak158
March 25th, 2015, 08:12 PM
very cool bro..well done!!:tu:

Jakelyne
March 28th, 2015, 01:05 AM
this theme is incredible, really cool
:loving:

ONE MAN ARMY
March 28th, 2015, 04:53 AM
Great work Grim. This has been a highly anticipated import. Thanks for this.

Ray061630
March 28th, 2015, 08:10 PM
It 's great, thank you

nexxmanu
April 2nd, 2015, 01:04 PM
thank you very nice theme :cheeky:

Dark Knight
April 2nd, 2015, 07:05 PM
Yet another great port. :Smile:

Anyway to get it without the installer?

Mr GRiM
April 2nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
I would prefer it if you try the installer, it also has options to let you install the clock, task manager and system metrics, it also installs any fonts that you are missing and also gives you options to restore the default clock or system metrics, I put a fair bit of work into it so please give it a go.

YourNumbr1Fan
April 2nd, 2015, 09:12 PM
:shocked:OMFG, Grim! Yaaayyyy! :happy: Blade for 8.1, hell yea! Looks killer! I may just have to re-install 8.1 for this beauty! Great work. :superman:

poweredbyostx
April 11th, 2015, 07:56 PM
WOW, super cool, thanks a lot

onangelswings
April 13th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Only issue i got is that the installers for your icon packs and this theme keep crashing at the end

Mr GRiM
April 13th, 2015, 04:42 AM
Only issue i got is that the installers for your icon packs and this theme keep crashing at the end

Can you explain a bit more about this crash, I have never experienced a crash with any of my installers.

onangelswings
April 13th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I only got the installer to complete once succesfully and that when i first tried it, but in doing so i couldnt load my control panel, so i recovered from a system image back up i had made and since the installer never completes, it will get to the end and say finishing installation and then it just hangs, explorer. exe hasnt been loaded back up when this happens and is just a blank screen with nothing but the installer window showing.

i have to ctrl-alt-delete and then restart explorer. exe through task manager.

i have uac turned off and another thing is that the clock does not change either that stays the same as the standard windows clock.

onangelswings
April 13th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Ok so after some testing i think i have found the root cause of the problem here, i cant install this theme along with any of your icon packs, its seems to cause a conflict somewhere and crash the installer, however the issue that stands now is that when i do install this theme the icons that are supposed to be in the theme are not installed.

VampyV7
April 30th, 2015, 03:45 PM
hello mr grim wanted to ask if I could spend the real Arero glass for windows 8.1.1 because there are many programs that are for the glass but not the real aero glass as the glass full of win7 can not find it anywhere, and eh seen that many issues have the aero glass as the win7 if you could make a video tutorial explaining about the aero glass I'd appreciate :Peace:

Lamia
April 30th, 2015, 03:58 PM
hello mr grim wanted to ask if I could spend the real Arero glass for windows 8.1.1 because there are many programs that are for the glass but not the real aero glass as the glass full of win7 can not find it anywhere, and eh seen that many issues have the aero glass as the win7 if you could make a video tutorial explaining about the aero glass I'd appreciate :Peace:
You should take a look at this tutorial, everything is explained detailed there: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/65613-How-to-install-and-setup-your-customization-applications-on-Windows-8-1-1
If you don't find enough information in it, you should search youtube about it also, but so far everyone on 8.1 didn't experience any issues after following this Tutorial!

Imprezzion
June 9th, 2015, 10:08 AM
How can I prevent the theme from messing with my Office colors. My page background and such is now also grey / black and such..

YourNumbr1Fan
June 9th, 2015, 10:44 AM
How can I prevent the theme from messing with my Office colors. My page background and such is now also grey / black and such..

Short answer: There's no way to hand-pick which installed programs (or browsers) will be affected or not with a theme. Many of the images and colors are global; it's just something that can't be avoided without messing up the colors of the theme itself. The only solution is to use a light theme...or get used to this one.

Long answer: You could adjust/modify certain fonts, menu colors/images etc. using Windows Style Builder....Searching through the various trees, using posted maps that are available Here (http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/772-Windows-Style-Builder) and also Here (http://vistastylebuilder.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0).

But, as I said already, being that many of the colors, images, etc. are global, the theme will not look the same if you modify certain things to make this one program (Office) appear the way you might want it to appear. Some theme-elements, on the other hand, don't affect certain other programs....programs that have their own fonts, menus, colors etc. hard-coded, or embedded within the program itself. But Office obviously is affected by this theme, at least in menu/background color, so if you were to modify the theme it would cause the theme to look different in other places that your modification(s) share with other parts of the theme.

Imprezzion
June 9th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the answer! I've been looking into this a bit and I managed to fix the most pressing issues with Office, like it changed the background color of the page, but also the text colors for all the ''Automatic'' settings which means if I type a document it will have light blue lettering even when printed and on other systems.

Now, I managed to fix pretty much all of it but it made the background colors for items such as Network Management, Task manager and such appear white as well. Folder backgrounds maintained the theme but anything that's not a folder would get a white background again.

Also, the font colors would bug pretty badly in context menu's and in the taskbar.

So, I guess i'll use a different theme on my school laptop but since I never use Office on my game PC I can at least use the theme on there :)

YourNumbr1Fan
June 9th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the answer! I've been looking into this a bit and I managed to fix the most pressing issues with Office, like it changed the background color of the page, but also the text colors for all the ''Automatic'' settings which means if I type a document it will have light blue lettering even when printed and on other systems.

Now, I managed to fix pretty much all of it but it made the background colors for items such as Network Management, Task manager and such appear white as well. Folder backgrounds maintained the theme but anything that's not a folder would get a white background again.

Also, the font colors would bug pretty badly in context menu's and in the taskbar.

So, I guess i'll use a different theme on my school laptop but since I never use Office on my game PC I can at least use the theme on there :)

You see now, through your experimentation, that modifying theme-elements to suit one scenario often throws off something somewhere else in the theme. That's one reason that some theme-makers either create light themes or use neutral grey colors for menus, etc. Plus, some elements in a theme can't be changed, like the black text, in Windows 7, that is in the system-clock after you click 'Change date and time settings...'. Or the black text you get when clicking the drop-down arrows in your 'breadcrumbs' in Explorer. On a black background, those areas will be un-readable. So often grey menus or colored normal/hot/clicked buttons are used in those locations, even in a darker theme, so the text will be visible. Grim is a Master at knowing where all those tricky locations are in themes, using WSB, and figuring out which color-schemes both look good and make his themes more use-able. Since most of his themes are dark, sometimes sacrifices have to be made (like some programs may have darker menus than some people like, or text of a different color, etc.) in order to pull off a theme that has consistent colors and images.

Best thing for someone who relies on using a program like Office, like for work or something, is, as you've discovered, to use a light(er) theme. Pimpin ain't easy, right?

:Peace:

Jaysp656
July 29th, 2015, 08:41 PM
One of my fav themes that I've been using for years would be the original Equinox theme that has the off white color that is a bit easier on the eyes. It'd be cool to see almost a merge between parts of that theme and this one. Like keep the Blade explorer window borders, taskbar, and start menu. Then have Equinox's lighter background colors and potentially font colors too. Sure it wouldn't be as stunningly beautiful as the original theme here but it wouldn't have the issue of effecting Office programs, notepad, etc.

and this is the correct place to buy Windows Style Builder? http://www.vistastylebuilder.com/download.html

Seeyouagain
July 2nd, 2020, 10:40 PM
J te remercie pour ton excellent travail pour ce thème magnifique je viens de l'installer il est super vraiment bravo Ã* toi respect et merci encore:tout bon:

Translation: I thank you for your excellent work for this magnificent theme I just installed it is super really well done to you respect and thank you again: all good:

Note Ã* l'affiche: veuillez poster en anglais