PDA

View Full Version : Need instructions on changing taskbar icon for file explorer

Nimbi
May 16th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to change the taskbar icon for the file explorer. I've noticed that the token dark icon pack I have has a new icon for it, but I can't figure out how to change the icon it uses when pinned to the taskbar or anywhere else for that matter. Can someone please explain how to change that icon?

-EDIT-

Here's a screenshot for reference.

This is the current con used by file explorer : 70106

Here is the one I want to use for it : 70107

I know the program file explorer uses is explorer.exe in the c:/windows fdirectory, but I can't figure out how to change the icon or it ince the option to change that ion isn't in the properties aea for explorer.exe

If anyone knows how to change the icon for that program, please help me out, because even when i create a shortcut on the desktop it just creates a shortcut to the Libraries folder and not the acual explorer.exe program itself.

-EDIT 2-

what a friggen turn of luck lmao! I finally figured it out! lmao! Looks like i no longer need help with this issue lmao. Yayz! :superman:

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
May 17th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me how to change the taskbar icon for the file explorer. I've noticed that the token dark icon pack I have has a new icon for it, but I can't figure out how to change the icon it uses when pinned to the taskbar or anywhere else for that matter. Can someone please explain how to change that icon?

-EDIT-

Here's a screenshot for reference.

This is the current con used by file explorer : 70106

Here is the one I want to use for it : 70107

I know the program file explorer uses is explorer.exe in the c:/windows fdirectory, but I can't figure out how to change the icon or it ince the option to change that ion isn't in the properties aea for explorer.exe

If anyone knows how to change the icon for that program, please help me out, because even when i create a shortcut on the desktop it just creates a shortcut to the Libraries folder and not the acual explorer.exe program itself.

-EDIT 2-

what a friggen turn of luck lmao! I finally figured it out! lmao! Looks like i no longer need help with this issue lmao. Yayz! :superman:
How To Replace Explorer.exe, OobeFldr.dll, ExplorerFrame.dll & Shell32.dll Files In Windows 7
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-replace-explorer-exe-oobefldr-dll-explorerframe-dll-shell32-dll-files-in-windows-7/
How To Replace Explorer.exe In Windows 8
http://www.techcular.com/replace-explorer-exe-in-windows-8/

Nimbi
May 18th, 2015, 01:15 AM
How To Replace Explorer.exe, OobeFldr.dll, ExplorerFrame.dll & Shell32.dll Files In Windows 7
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-replace-explorer-exe-oobefldr-dll-explorerframe-dll-shell32-dll-files-in-windows-7/
How To Replace Explorer.exe In Windows 8
http://www.techcular.com/replace-explorer-exe-in-windows-8/

Thanks for the info, that actually looks kinda useful. However I was simply wanting to change the icon it uses on the taskbar. Luckily I figured out how to do that, lol. Apparently all I had to do as open explorer.exe, right click on the taskbar icon it uses before pinning it, right click on program name in the right click menu, then click properties in that part and change it that way, then pin it to taskbar before closing it. Apparently that was the only way I found to change the taskbar icon it used. All in all though, your info comes in useful too. Ofc im on Windows 8.1 update 1 but I'm not sure that would be any different from Windows 8 on that method, lol. Thanks anyways though. :Peace:

Harvey Sewdin
May 18th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Almost every icon you can change that way. Just modify the shortcut's icon and pin it(you don't even have to pin it actually it just works).

All my icons in the startmenu/taskbar are just regular shortcuts which have modified icons.

(right click> properties> change icon> save).