PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Copy / Delete Window

Adrian
June 16th, 2015, 11:00 PM

When the process is finished there's that small white box at the bottom

It happens with all Themes including Windows Aero and Windows Basic !
Has anyone solved that issue or is it just a Windows bug you can't fix ?

YourNumbr1Fan
June 17th, 2015, 03:16 AM
I'm assuming that this is Windows 7? because 8.1 uses a different interface for these functions...

I've never had this issue on any of my computers. And ALL themes on your computer do this? It's a mystery to me! :worried:

Adrian
June 17th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this only happens when I copy MP3 Files to a Walkman using 'Send To' (My OS is German, don't no if thats the english term) from the right-click menu. All other copy/delete processes are not affected. So it's not a big problem, but I would like to fix that. It should be a Bitmap Image in some dll which I could change to black.

YourNumbr1Fan
June 17th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this only happens when I copy MP3 Files to a Walkman using 'Send To' (My OS is German, don't no if thats the english term) from the right-click menu. All other copy/delete processes are not affected. So it's not a big problem, but I would like to fix that. It should be a Bitmap Image in some dll which I could change to black.

Since you say that it's an issue in every theme, I don't think this will help, but here are the locations in WSB and elsewhere:

Yellow is Explorer & Shell > Shell > Task Dialog > Primary Pane
Green is Explorer & Shell > Shell > Task Dialog > Secondary Pane
Orange text is Fonts & System Metrics > Caption Text
Red text is Styles > Task Dialog Styles > Content Pane > Textcolor:Color
Blue text is Styles > Task Dialog Styles > Expando Text
Red arrow is Explorer & Shell > Shell > Task Dialog > Expando Button
Brown gradient is Shell32.dll > UIFILE > 42 > line 95 change rgbs of the gradients

Adrian
June 17th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Well since this only happens when I use 'Send To' I will ignore it. When copying the files with drag+drop there's no problem. Maybe it's a Hardware (Walkman) related issue. As you thought it's not in the msstyles, so I leave it that way.
Thank you for your quick answers!

YourNumbr1Fan
June 17th, 2015, 06:17 PM
No problem, Adrian. I know how 'little things' can get on a person's nerves; I'm an obsessive perfectionist, and it just bugs the hell out of me when I encounter some bug or issue that I can't figure out. I've reformatted numerous times because some little thing that I couldn't solve was getting on my last nerve!
Maybe the issue is related to the Walkman thing, I dunno. Computers and software can be so fickle.

Adrian
June 17th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Ah yes, I'm a perfectionist too, and I'm also into that reformatting thing.
My current project is to change EVERY visible Windows Icon (including PNGs and Bitmaps) - don't know why there are so many you will never see.
A hell of a job!!

YourNumbr1Fan
June 18th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Ah yes, I'm a perfectionist too, and I'm also into that reformatting thing.
My current project is to change EVERY visible Windows Icon (including PNGs and Bitmaps) - don't know why there are so many you will never see.
A hell of a job!!

OMG, every icon in Windows?? Yeow. :whistle:

designfjotten
June 18th, 2015, 09:10 AM
Hey bud, maybe it can be the program that sends the files to your device that is the problem, have you tried to re-install that program?
i have never seen this problem before, and it feels strange that windows is doing that but not on other files.
Btw, are you using some kind of Copy Delete Animation Modder? like in the image below?

Adrian
June 18th, 2015, 01:45 PM
The Walkman-internal program is called 'Content Transfer' but I can't remember if I ever installed it cause I think it's useless. If yes then I have already removed it, there are many other ways to copy the MP3 Files. And I have reformatted the Walkman a few times so it's not in the Firmware anymore.
The interesting thing is that this issue is related only to the Walkman, when copying with 'Send to CD, DVD' or whatever there's no problem!
And it's not a Theme related issue cause it happens with Windows Aero and Basic as well. Well, I think I can live with that - BUT I REALLY would like to know why Windows is doing that, and where that white Bitmap Image is that's causing the problem!
Btw I have tested the Copy Delete Animation Modder but it seems that it slows down the Windows Startup process, is that normal?
In the next days I will test the Walkman thing on a second Laptop with a clean Windows Installation.

designfjotten
June 18th, 2015, 03:02 PM
The Walkman-internal program is called 'Content Transfer' but I can't remember if I ever installed it cause I think it's useless. If yes then I have already removed it, there are many other ways to copy the MP3 Files. And I have reformatted the Walkman a few times so it's not in the Firmware anymore.
The interesting thing is that this issue is related only to the Walkman, when copying with 'Send to CD, DVD' or whatever there's no problem!
And it's not a Theme related issue cause it happens with Windows Aero and Basic as well. Well, I think I can live with that - BUT I REALLY would like to know why Windows is doing that, and where that white Bitmap Image is that's causing the problem!
Btw I have tested the Copy Delete Animation Modder but it seems that it slows down the Windows Startup process, is that normal?
In the next days I will test the Walkman thing on a second Laptop with a clean Windows Installation.

Yeah , thats why i asked if it could be the program/driver for the Walkman that is the issue, and not Windows :)
I have never use Copy Delete Animation Modder, just knew about it, so i cant help you there, sorry bud :(