PDA

View Full Version : RollBack Rx Home Edition is now Freeware!

Dark Knight
June 18th, 2015, 12:12 PM
No more excuses .......

Get it here : http://www.horizondatasys.com/en/products_and_solutions.aspx?ProductId=40#Features

Update: If you are installing this on Windows 8 or 8.1 - you will need to disable Windows Fast Boot. If you do not disable Fast Boot and power down your system and go to re boot you will get the RollBack Rx screen then a black screen afterwards, DO NOT DISHEARTEN though, all you need to do is a hard shutdown wait a few seconds then repower the machine and it will boot. This will not happen with Windows Fast Boot disabled though.

I have contacted the developers of Rollback Rx and they plan to either make it compatible with Windows Fast Boot or on installing RollBack Rx to include a notification to turn off Fast Boot.

Note: This does not affect system restarts, only on powering up from a complete shut down.

YourNumbr1Fan
June 18th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I use Acronis, but if I didn't have it I would definitely use Rollback Rx. Looks like a very useful program with plenty of features, thanks for sharing! :Peace:

designfjotten
June 18th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Wow, this looks like a pretty powerfull program bud, i have never tested it before, but it might come in handy some time, thank you so much for sharing bro :)

Dark Knight
June 18th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I installed it a couple of days ago and took some system snapshots and just for the hell of it rolled back my system this morning to two days ago and it did it within minutes, after it's done it gives you the option to recover any personal files you may want to and it does it with ease.

I've always wanted to try this software and until they made the home edition freeware never gotten the opportunity to do so, now I'm going to tell you it'll probably never leave my system. This is a hell of a lot more painless than doing a reset or refresh, and no more heartaches because Windows won't do a system restore from a restore point.

YourNumbr1Fan
June 19th, 2015, 12:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=323&v=qeP920i3c5s

designfjotten
June 19th, 2015, 07:20 AM
I installed it a couple of days ago and took some system snapshots and just for the hell of it rolled back my system this morning to two days ago and it did it within minutes, after it's done it gives you the option to recover any personal files you may want to and it does it with ease.

I've always wanted to try this software and until they made the home edition freeware never gotten the opportunity to do so, now I'm going to tell you it'll probably never leave my system. This is a hell of a lot more painless than doing a reset or refresh, and no more heartaches because Windows won't do a system restore from a restore point.

Okai, sound like this is the program to use for this, and i bet i will get use for it, i am planning to re-install my computer, so this will come in handy in the future bud, thank you for review too :)

AlphaOmega
June 19th, 2015, 05:04 PM
This program seems like an excellent piece of software to have.However,i have to question the "Roll Forward" feature.That being said,this tells me that if i have a virus or multiple viruses for that matter and decide to roll back,that the viruses are still there basically quarantined if you want to call it that, or just inactive.Maybe i was not clear on the video,but is there a way to go to the files that you rolled back and delete them or scan them for viruses,thus then giving you the all clear to roll them back forward without infection? Normally if i get viruses that i absolutely can not get rid of,i just use the "restore computer back to factory settings",then i know that EVERYTHING is gone.I understand that there are those that have files that they do not want to loose,but that is why i use an external drive or a flash drive to back everything up.

YourNumbr1Fan
June 19th, 2015, 10:36 PM
This program seems like an excellent piece of software to have.However,i have to question the "Roll Forward" feature.That being said,this tells me that if i have a virus or multiple viruses for that matter and decide to roll back,that the viruses are still there basically quarantined if you want to call it that, or just inactive.Maybe i was not clear on the video,but is there a way to go to the files that you rolled back and delete them or scan them for viruses,thus then giving you the all clear to roll them back forward without infection? Normally if i get viruses that i absolutely can not get rid of,i just use the "restore computer back to factory settings",then i know that EVERYTHING is gone.I understand that there are those that have files that they do not want to loose,but that is why i use an external drive or a flash drive to back everything up.

Just judging from the video info, you can open any 'snapshot' to browse it for files, etc. in a program-created virtual drive.....so I'd imagine you could use your a.v. to scan said virtual drive for evil-ness.

June 20th, 2015, 12:38 PM
No more excuses .......

Get it here : http://www.horizondatasys.com/en/products_and_solutions.aspx?ProductId=40#Features

I use Acronis, but if I didn't have it I would definitely use Rollback Rx. Looks like a very useful program with plenty of features, thanks for sharing! :Peace:

Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) great to know. i've mentioned this program here several times in the past. it has saved me many a headache over the tears. i would still recommend to peeps.

Dark Knight
June 20th, 2015, 12:51 PM

What I did ...... wasn't a virus or malware though was install a program that I know I didn't want on my system, at install of that software RollBack Rx took a snapshot, after install I rolled back to a previous snapshot and all traces of the program was gone, it was like it was never installed. Afterwards I just deleted the snapshot with the unwanted software on it so I did not accidently roll back to it at another time.

Dark Knight
June 20th, 2015, 12:56 PM

I use Acronis too, but this is just ten times easier to use then Acronis and other than the baseline snapshot it takes all other snapshots are manageable and small and are kept on virtual drives, take as many as you want and delete what you don't want, no removable media, no overwriting and no comparison images.

JokeStar
June 20th, 2015, 03:40 PM
THX DK....I tried a ton of these types of programs...........never really found one that worked well, always had issues.......

That said.....I'll give it a go 'round...........
THX AGAIN

Dark Knight
June 23rd, 2015, 04:50 PM
Guys, users of Windows 8 and 8.1 with Windows Fast Boot enabled please see my original first post as I have updated it with some important info.

RICH2466
June 29th, 2015, 09:34 PM
THANKS for a great program, good video also!

Dark Knight
August 4th, 2015, 03:51 PM
A word of warning for users of RollBack Rx ........

If you have upgraded to Windows 10, your current version of RollBack Rx is not compatible with Windows 10 so do not try to install it much less use it, according to the forums over at RollBack Rx there will not be a compatible version of it for Windows 10 until January 2016.

Don't ask me what they were waiting for but if you ask me that is just inexcusable, by January 2016 we could all be running another build of Windows 10, then what will they do?