PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 activation

archmage94
August 1st, 2015, 05:43 PM
Hey, does anyone know if a Windows 7 activation key will expire even if it hasn't been used yet?

August 1st, 2015, 08:26 PM
Hey, does anyone know if a Windows 7 activation key will expire even if it hasn't been used yet?

no idea, but not likely. but better idea removewat is your friend.

archmage94
August 1st, 2015, 08:32 PM
Not when you have an unregistered version of Windows 10 installed (I couldn't use the desktop upgrade for reasons i'd rather not get into on a public forum that will most likely ***** at me and possibly even ban me if I told you the reason) and I can't afford an activation key, there's no way in hell I can afford 200 USD right now

archmage94
August 2nd, 2015, 10:27 PM
Ok seriously, does anyone know a way to activate Windows 10 without an activation key? I couldn't do the prestigious upgrade from Windows 7 cause I was running non-genuine, I hate having to run a pirated OS, so I had to install Windows 10 from the downloaded ISO on the website and now I can't activate it without a security key, I can't buy one cause Microsoft is a bunch of greedy assholes, so please, if someone, anyone, knows a way to activate Windows 10 without an activation key please tell me

Robbo
August 2nd, 2015, 10:45 PM
Ok seriously, does anyone know a way to activate Windows 10 without an activation key? I couldn't do the prestigious upgrade from Windows 7 cause I was running non-genuine, I hate having to run a pirated OS, so I had to install Windows 10 from the downloaded ISO on the website and now I can't activate it without a security key, I can't buy one cause Microsoft is a bunch of greedy assholes, so please, if someone, anyone, knows a way to activate Windows 10 without an activation key please tell me

Have you tried the latest version of KMSPICO

archmage94
August 2nd, 2015, 10:50 PM
Link? I don't want to click a link and find out it's a scam that's determined to fill my PC with viruses

Robbo
August 2nd, 2015, 10:53 PM
Just google it

archmage94
August 2nd, 2015, 10:57 PM
Am I looking for KMSIPCO10.com, or KMSPICO.org? I've googled it and i've seen several results

Robbo
August 2nd, 2015, 11:00 PM
KMSIPCO10.com and download the latest version.

archmage94
August 2nd, 2015, 11:03 PM
Well I downloaded that and I opened the installer, I saw it offer to install several bits of software including some that I happen to know to be viruses and I thought "Nope, nuhuh" Cause last time I tried to install something it installed that software anyway even after I told it not to and all those turned out to be viruses

Robbo
August 2nd, 2015, 11:08 PM
Yeh I see what you mean, sorry about that did not know all that crap ware was with it.

archmage94
August 2nd, 2015, 11:15 PM
Ok I got it installed and.....nothing's happening, i'm even still getting that annoying text in my bottom right corner, how do I run it once it's installed?

August 2nd, 2015, 11:26 PM
Well I downloaded that and I opened the installer, I saw it offer to install several bits of software including some that I happen to know to be viruses and I thought "Nope, nuhuh" Cause last time I tried to install something it installed that software anyway even after I told it not to and all those turned out to be viruses

just go to http://www.teamos-hkrg.com/ they will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

archmage94
August 2nd, 2015, 11:49 PM
And those viruses tended to stop my copy of chrome from installed extensions for some reason, I always get a network error

archmage94
August 3rd, 2015, 12:05 AM
HAhaha! Feel free to close this thread cause I found something that worked, YES!

archmage94
August 3rd, 2015, 01:47 AM
Off-topic, does 7stp work on Windows 10? I want to install the HUD Icon pack

Shemhamforash
August 4th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Off-topic, does 7stp work on Windows 10? I want to install the HUD Icon pack

Yes, it works beautifully with the icon packs for 8.1 on this site.

archmage94
August 4th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Yes, it works beautifully with the icon packs for 8.1 on this site.
Really? Cause I tried it yesterday and I ended up having to do a system restore, maybe I used the Windows 7 icon pack? I couldn't find a download for the Windows 8.1 icon pack, maybe a link could be in order? (7stp stopped on patching windir-regedit.exe and just stayed there)

freak69ize
August 4th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Really? Cause I tried it yesterday and I ended up having to do a system restore, maybe I used the Windows 7 icon pack? I couldn't find a download for the Windows 8.1 icon pack, maybe a link could be in order? (7stp stopped on patching windir-regedit.exe and just stayed there)

Here are the Win8 icon packs- http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1178-Windows-8-Iconpacks

Shemhamforash
August 4th, 2015, 09:31 PM
I have never ran into problems with 7tsp on Windows 10 using 8.1 icon packs. Only tried Lamia's though. If you're wondering, no problems on hardware or virtual emulation.

archmage94
August 4th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Ok, I was looking through the files in the download you provided and comparing it to the files on the download I tried and I think I see the issue, I used the link provided by GRiM's Windows 7 HUD theme and I think I made a dumb, that download wasn't made for Windows 8 or Windows 10, it was made for Windows 7, and Windows 8 and Windows 10 are vastly different from Windows 7

Shemhamforash
August 4th, 2015, 10:41 PM
Ok, I was looking through the files in the download you provided and comparing it to the files on the download I tried and I think I see the issue, I used the link provided by GRiM's Windows 7 HUD theme and I think I made a dumb, that download wasn't made for Windows 8 or Windows 10, it was made for Windows 7, and Windows 8 and Windows 10 are vastly different from Windows 7

You're right, and somehow most things that worked well to do on Windows 8/8.1 work on Windows 10. The icon compatibility is the biggest one for theming in general though (other than the tools used for tweaks in Windows 8/8.1).

archmage94
August 4th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Well, it worked, it patched successfully, but now for some reason I can't access advanced settings for my sounds, icons, or mouse pointer

Edit: Ok false alarm, I just needed to do another reboot, but yeah, the icon pack is working perfectly, now to other things, for some reason since I installed Windows 10 my AMD Evolved client keeps saying automatic driver updates are not supported on my video card, yet I never had that issue on Windows 7, and I want to try reinstalling my graphics drivers from the disk but the setup won't open, and it updates fine on the Catalyst Control Center