PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my SADES Headset driver.

Nimbi
August 4th, 2015, 01:32 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to install my SADES 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset onto my comp, but it appears it doesn't support Windows 10... Is there any possible way to install it via compatibility mode (or did Microsoft pull a dumb-ass move and remove compatibility mode all together)? Any help would be much appreciated.

August 4th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) first if it worked under 8.1 it should work under 10. second you can try rightclicking the installer, properties, compatibility, windows 7, apply, exit, then try installing. lastly this is a better question for tenforums.

Nimbi
August 4th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) first if it worked under 8.1 it should work under 10. second you can try rightclicking the installer, properties, compatibility, windows 7, apply, exit, then try installing. lastly this is a better question for tenforums.

The installer doesn't open. Instead i get the message stating it is not compatible with this platform.

August 4th, 2015, 08:59 PM
rightclick the installer, properties, compatibility, check the box for run this program in compatibility mode for, use the dropdown menu to select win 7, click apply, ok. now try to run it.

Nimbi
August 5th, 2015, 02:40 AM
rightclick the installer, properties, compatibility, check the box for run this program in compatibility mode for, use the dropdown menu to select win 7, click apply, ok. now try to run it.

I found out how to use compatibility mode on Windows 10 but apparently this driver only works on Windowss XP through to Windows 8.1. And compatibility mode doesn't seem to change that any. I messaged the SADES forums to see if there is or will be an updated driver for my model headset and am currently awaiting a response.

August 5th, 2015, 11:44 AM
try switching usb ports. i know it's an old problem, but sometimes a usb device will work on one port and not another. if that doesn't work i'm out of ideas.

uverrulez
March 10th, 2016, 11:48 AM
TY FOR HE ANSWERS GUYS

AnakoAlbert
December 21st, 2016, 02:44 AM
I think you can try to install a compatible drivers for windows 10. First you can try to uninstall the driver from the device manager, and then reinstall the driver. And try to use driver doctor (https://www.driverdr.com) to help you automatically scan the hardware and then it will help you find the right driver, download and install it. And for the audio driver, you can view this article: https://www.driverdr.com/windows10/update-realtek-hd-audio-driver-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/
I'm trying to install my SADES 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset onto my comp, but it appears it doesn't support Windows 10... Is there any possible way to install it via compatibility mode (or did Microsoft pull a dumb-ass move and remove compatibility mode all together)? Any help would be much appreciated.

Nimbi
December 21st, 2016, 03:13 AM
I think you can try to install a compatible drivers for windows 10. First you can try to uninstall the driver from the device manager, and then reinstall the driver. And try to use driver doctor (https://www.driverdr.com) to help you automatically scan the hardware and then it will help you find the right driver, download and install it. And for the audio driver, you can view this article: https://www.driverdr.com/windows10/update-realtek-hd-audio-driver-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/

Yeah, SADES was rather annoying with drivers. They came out with a compatible driver but the headset liked to BSOD my comp every time it came loose [and every time I unhooked it]. Luckily, that headset broke some time ago so I no longer have one, lol. Thanks for the response, though. I'll probably get a Turtle Beach one next time I get a headset, lol.

TraderJoe
May 20th, 2017, 01:50 AM
Hey I don't know if you are still trying to solve this, but I just did on my Windows 10. What you have to do is go into your file folder icon and go to the disc drive and where the Hades is ( you click this normally to run the application to install), you right click and find your way into the drivers. You'll eventually get that screen that has the options drivers info, check for driver update, and then uninstall at the bottom. Click this, remove the Hades Drivers Disc, and restart computer. Next time you open computer, plug in headset and put in the Hades Driver Disc you got with your headset, and then go back into the file folder icon on desktop and this time Hades will show up as a separate icon under this PC ion the left bar. Click it and there will be options for the Windows. Click on the Windows 10 folder and then run THAT application for installation. Viola! Problem solved. Hope this helped!

I solved the problem

Nimbi
May 21st, 2017, 12:21 AM
Hey I don't know if you are still trying to solve this, but I just did on my Windows 10. What you have to do is go into your file folder icon and go to the disc drive and where the Hades is ( you click this normally to run the application to install), you right click and find your way into the drivers. You'll eventually get that screen that has the options drivers info, check for driver update, and then uninstall at the bottom. Click this, remove the Hades Drivers Disc, and restart computer. Next time you open computer, plug in headset and put in the Hades Driver Disc you got with your headset, and then go back into the file folder icon on desktop and this time Hades will show up as a separate icon under this PC ion the left bar. Click it and there will be options for the Windows. Click on the Windows 10 folder and then run THAT application for installation. Viola! Problem solved. Hope this helped!

I solved the problem

Nifty fix. Sadly I reached my limit on Windows after getting locked out of Windows operating systems by a bug back in the Anniversary Update. I'm now a devoted user of UbuntuMATE Linux, lol. Hopefully this will be a useful fix for anyone else using a SADES headset on Windows 10, though. Thanks for sharing this one. :peace:

electricleopard
May 22nd, 2017, 04:27 AM
I just got this headset, and use Linux Mint on my laptop. Was wondering if you've had any success installing additional drivers. Using the normal drivers, and
pulseaudio-equalizer helps, but the audio tends to sound well... bad. Low bass, clipping - even worse with the 'auto gain' feature off. Wondering if these aren't good for general use, or I'm just missing the right drivers.
Cheers,
Leopard.

Nimbi
August 17th, 2017, 06:42 AM
I just got this headset, and use Linux Mint on my laptop. Was wondering if you've had any success installing additional drivers. Using the normal drivers, and
pulseaudio-equalizer helps, but the audio tends to sound well... bad. Low bass, clipping - even worse with the 'auto gain' feature off. Wondering if these aren't good for general use, or I'm just missing the right drivers.
Cheers,
Leopard.

Sadly if you're trying to use a SADEZ headset on Linux then you're not likely going to have much luck. SADEZ headsets only support Windows. The one from this thread specifically was an older one that actually had problems even on Windows 10. I would suggest finding a headset that actually supports Linux if you plan to stay on Linux.

Sorry if this isn't much help for your issue :sad: