PDA

View Full Version : Dark context menu for windows 10

Noesis
August 9th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I have been looking for a way to make my context menu dark as i hate the stock white look windows comes with but i cannot find a way to change it.
I have spent days looking through the regedit hoping to find the key controlling the context menu but without luck.

I have found a thread here by MrGrim where he made the context menu with dark color in the thread "Windows 10 Black Edition" which can be found.
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/69707-Windows-10-Black-Edition

I have tried downloading the file that merges with windows reg but it don't work for me as my context menu is still white. Can someone please help me
and tell me where i can find the reg key responsible for the color of the context menu ?
Please i am really desperate to change the nasty white to dark.

I am currently using Mr Grim's HUD theme and the context menu is the only thing left to have a perfect theme.
I really hope someone can help me :worried:

(http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/69707-Windows-10-Black-Edition)

keltia
August 11th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Use Windows Style Builder

Noesis
August 12th, 2015, 02:13 AM
i can only find this program for vista. It dosnt look like there is a version for windows 10.
Please provide a link as the version i could find was for windows 7 and it is in spanish so i dont know what i am doing :(

Also i dont have similar options as you have o.0

Edit :
Ok managed to add the needed stuff and change the stuff you showed in your screen shot but nothing changed so what am i doing wrong ?

keltia
August 13th, 2015, 07:28 AM
use WSB8 > copy and save my setting or send me the theme. Edit the context menu, and send the theme with the changes

razor07
August 13th, 2015, 11:53 PM
Noesis, If you dont mind, hook a brother up if you get the fix, I am having the same issue and it sucks

archmage94
August 14th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Wait a minute how are you using Mr GRiM's HUD theme in Windows 10, did Lamia make a Windows 10 port of it, or is this another situation where Windows 8 stuff works on Windows 10?

razor07
August 14th, 2015, 11:44 PM
archmage94 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/279377-archmage94): I copied the applied the HUD evolution for windows 8.1. The only 3 issues I have is the start menu of the theme wont work right and the notification bar is broken

Noesis
August 15th, 2015, 02:12 AM
use WSB8 > copy and save my setting or send me the theme. Edit the context menu, and send the theme with the changes

I will upload the theme and send you a link. Many thanks for you kind offer.

Noesis, If you dont mind, hook a brother up if you get the fix, I am having the same issue and it sucks

I will let you know when its done.

Wait a minute how are you using Mr GRiM's HUD theme in Windows 10, did Lamia make a Windows 10 port of it, or is this another situation where Windows 8 stuff works on Windows 10?

No one made any ports. Seems like its forgotten in history. I just took HUD theme from 8.1 and then all the mods from win 10 theme by grim and it almost works apart from the notification menu and context menu that is white and start menu logo is missing but that can be fixed with startisback but then you will just get a ugly white start menu :/

archmage94
August 15th, 2015, 04:39 AM
It works but and my start menu and notifications are working but for some reason my task bar is acting like the icons I have on it are wider than they actually are

Noesis
August 16th, 2015, 07:50 PM
It works but and my start menu and notifications are working but for some reason my task bar is acting like the icons I have on it are wider than they actually are

Just make the size from 100% to 125% and it will be ok.