PDA

View Full Version : Discovered a problem with UxStyle Community Edition for Windows 10

Nimbi
August 17th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Hello all. I figured I'd post this little issue for all who are using UxStyle Community Edition (Previously known as UxStyle 0.2.4.2 for Windows 10 Technical Preview). I noticed for quite a while that I was having issues with my Intel HD Graphics Display driver and that it was being disabled, causing my computer to be extremely slow. As it turns out, the problem was literally caused by UxStyle Community Edition for Windows 10. It seems it was putting too much stain or sumat on my display driver causing it to crash over and over again, making my system disable it, etc. After uninstalling it, I noticed an immediate change. All of the problems I had been having since I installed it immediately went away. Now, I'm not sure if it does this only to Intel Display drivers r to other things as well, but for now, if anyone is using UxStyle Community Edition and is having issues with their computer, I would uninstall it, check to see if that helps any, and if it does, try to find something that works better. For now, I am going to wait until AeroGlass for Windows 10 and the UxTheme Signature Bypass Tool are completed before I attempt to apply custom themes again, because my computer was way too slow due to UxStyle Community Edition.

Shemhamforash
August 17th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Is it possible that this problem occurs with laptops and the graphics cards that were included by the manufacturer? I have never had any issues with UxStyle, it's one of those tweaks that you just install and never have to worry about and always works well. This is from my experience, the only problem I have ever had was that on Windows 8.1 I always had to restart to apply different custom themes but that I could fix by installing UltraUXThemePatcher on top of it, which apparently also didn't damage my system either. Sorry to hear about your problems. Big Muscle is busy tidying things up for the final release, but it will great especially with the AeroGlass GUI and ModernFrame, those are amazing additions.

Agelyk
August 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Hello all. I figured I'd post this little issue for all who are using UxStyle Community Edition (Previously known as UxStyle 0.2.4.2 for Windows 10 Technical Preview). I noticed for quite a while that I was having issues with my Intel HD Graphics Display driver and that it was being disabled, causing my computer to be extremely slow. As it turns out, the problem was literally caused by UxStyle Community Edition for Windows 10. It seems it was putting too much stain or sumat on my display driver causing it to crash over and over again, making my system disable it, etc. After uninstalling it, I noticed an immediate change. All of the problems I had been having since I installed it immediately went away. Now, I'm not sure if it does this only to Intel Display drivers r to other things as well, but for now, if anyone is using UxStyle Community Edition and is having issues with their computer, I would uninstall it, check to see if that helps any, and if it does, try to find something that works better. For now, I am going to wait until AeroGlass for Windows 10 and the UxTheme Signature Bypass Tool are completed before I attempt to apply custom themes again, because my computer was way too slow due to UxStyle Community Edition.

post a screenshot of your graphics card

Nimbi
August 17th, 2015, 04:42 PM
post a screenshot of your graphics card

Here ya go. Hope this works. Not about to take my laptop apart to show the card itself. So I just took screenshots of what Speccy showed.

krak1nthor
October 13th, 2015, 06:52 AM
your graphics card is an intel hd 5200, the same one my wifes acer aio has in it. more than likely the manufacturer has modded it from the original config from intel itself. i havent got her pc modded yet so i dont know if it will have the same issue as you are Darkwater409

heretikos
October 25th, 2015, 08:38 PM
I have an Asus ROG G751JT with Intel graphics disabled and a GeForce GTX 970. I have experienced the same issue with this theme patcher. Also, on my Asus Desktop that simply has a Core i5, with Intel 4600 graphics, it causes the same issue, display adapter constantly crashing. Really bumming me out that I can't enjoy the nice dark themes that are out for 10. Hopefully, since I don't know anything about doing any of this myself, someone will make an updated patcher.

Ultimitmale
October 25th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Same problem with mine too AMD 8530 8 X CORE CPU, Nvidia 760 gtx 4 x gig, keep loosing display adapter.
I get all the theme patched and looking awsome and after a reboot puff drivers gone on graphics, BUT the show in controll panel but no where else :(

Agelyk
October 26th, 2015, 05:26 PM
Your problem is that after a reboot you get a message saying:
"There is the driver installer" or "Problem with the adapter monitor"? :sad:

shadowxaero
October 31st, 2015, 11:27 AM
I have the same issue on my build. Using an R9 Fury, after reboot the AMD drivers start having issues, I get messages saying the driver is corrupt or not installed.

Agelyk
October 31st, 2015, 02:50 PM
first formatted your S.O.
before upgrading to "Windows Update" applies the solution ↓↓
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70030-Error-With-UXStyle-or-UltraUXThemePatcher-%28Solution%29

After you upgrade smoothly

chryisler
November 14th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with adding Mr Grim win 10 theme or any other custom theme to my HP 8560w Windows 10. I installed UxStyle (tried even with UxTheme Multi-Patcher) and when I apply theme under Personalization it applies partly. None of the file explorers got the theme, only browser link and some other places as well. I hope this is posted under right thread.

Thank you,
AXL

Erin
November 14th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with adding Mr Grim win 10 theme or any other custom theme to my HP 8560w Windows 10. I installed UxStyle (tried even with UxTheme Multi-Patcher) and when I apply theme under Personalization it applies partly. None of the file explorers got the theme, only browser link and some other places as well. I hope this is posted under right thread.

Thank you,
AXL

W10 Fall update - Threshold 2, broke all themes and, for now it's no possible to apply any custom theme.

chryisler
November 14th, 2015, 07:21 PM
I tried to contact Microsoft through technical support and when I ask a question about it, they just cut me off like I asked something illegal.
What is Microsoft interest in disabling custom themes?
How does it harm operating system? Logically it shouldn't.

razorsedge
November 14th, 2015, 07:32 PM
I tried to contact Microsoft through technical support and when I ask a question about it, they just cut me off like I asked something illegal.

lol that's going to get you no where MS has nothing to do with any of the 3rd party themes like we have here, the problem is the 3rd party theme patchers UXStyle or UXTheme that are needed to enable non Microsoft themes no longer work. They said they were going to be blocking the usage of those theme patchers starting in the last update of Windows 10 and any new versions from there. Calling them and asking why they are disabling them in the new Windows will get you hung up on because they have never endorsed those patches for any Microsoft OS they have their signed themes they make from MS and those are the only ones authorized by them all else is considered a bypass or hack and they have no responsibility to have those enabled at all. They have just let it go for this long but now they no longer want to,

November 14th, 2015, 08:15 PM
something i forgot to mention in the other thread, and that is sometime in the future microsour is going to be including a app killer like apple use to have. microsour is going to proactively disable and or uninstall ANYTHING they feel will break your system or was obtained illegally even if the item in question is not one of their programs.

Erin
November 14th, 2015, 08:18 PM

You can try to revert ypur pc to the previous compilation: "Settings- recovery"
Right now I'm reverting my laptop (I'll tell you how it goes ...)

Erin
November 14th, 2015, 08:23 PM
something i forgot to mention in the other thread, and that is sometime in the future microsour is going to be including a app killer like apple use to have. microsour is going to proactively disable and or uninstall ANYTHING they feel will break your system or was obtained illegally even if the item in question is not one of their programs.

OMG :unhappy:!!!

Erin
November 14th, 2015, 08:43 PM
You can try to revert ypur pc to the previous compilation: "Settings- recovery"
Right now I'm reverting my laptop (I'll tell you how it goes ...)

In a few minutes, I'm back to the previous version :peace:!!!

DRAGONTURK
January 12th, 2016, 04:04 AM
Hi Darkwater409 May I have this wallpaper with the lights on the wall, in some way?

tewie
January 15th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Looks like I too have this problem now. I have an Asus Maximus VIII Hero with I7-6700K (Intel graphics disabled) and a GeForce GTX 970. With the UxStyle theme patcher installed the display adapter constantly crashes. I think I am going to stick with the standard crap theme until someone can create a better theme patcher.

Agelyk
January 15th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Looks like I too have this problem now. I have an Asus Maximus VIII Hero with I7-6700K (Intel graphics disabled) and a GeForce GTX 970. With the UxStyle theme patcher installed the display adapter constantly crashes. I think I am going to stick with the standard crap theme until someone can create a better theme patcher.

The problem has nothing to do with the type of video card you have.
The problem is that you did not install the patch properly, or you installed a different patch for your version of Windows

tewie
January 15th, 2016, 10:04 PM
The problem has nothing to do with the type of video card you have.
The problem is that you did not install the patch properly, or you installed a different patch for your version of Windows

I can't see how that it could be the wrong version or not installed properly I followed MrGrim's instructions to the letter. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70555-Uxstyle-and-Theme-Signature-Bypass-for-Windows-10-TH2-AKA-1511-AKA-10586

Agelyk
January 15th, 2016, 10:11 PM
I can't see how that it could be the wrong version or not installed properly I followed MrGrim's instructions to the letter. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70555-Uxstyle-and-Theme-Signature-Bypass-for-Windows-10-TH2-AKA-1511-AKA-10586

Have you tried this other method (http://www.cleodesktop.com/2015/11/install-uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10.html)?

Nimbi
January 15th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Hi Darkwater409 May I have this wallpaper with the lights on the wall, in some way?

Can you post a screenshot of the wallpaper so I can figure out which one you're referring to?

AlphaOmega
January 16th, 2016, 10:50 AM

Nimbi
January 16th, 2016, 11:32 AM

Oh, you mean my signature image. That was created by one of the people here at VC.

All credits for this sig pic go to it's creator.

dhjohns
January 16th, 2016, 12:53 PM
I also had this problem, and until now I had no clue what was causing it. This occurred on Windows 10 Pro TH2 1511. My video card, on restart, would always start disabled. The only way I could solve this was to disable it before restart, and then re-enable it after restart. FORTUNATELY this does NOT occur with the new Redstone builds. I have NOT had that issue since upgrading to Redstone, and since MrGRiM has published at least two black themes for Redstone, I am good to go!

Nimbi
January 16th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I had to completely uninstall cortana to fix the issue. Apparently Cortana doesn't agree with having uxstyle on the system and sends false problems to microsoft. Microsoft then disables the graphics display driver. Uninstalling cortana has fixed the issue for me so far.

AlphaOmega
January 16th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Oh, you mean my signature image. That was created by one of the people here at VC.

All credits for this sig pic go to it's creator.

I have 3 more images of this blue cyborg if you want them.They are not walls,but you can do whatever you want with them..etc...merge into another pic etc....Up to you.if you want them i will upload them into this thread.im not doing anything with them.Let me know.

Agelyk
January 16th, 2016, 02:55 PM
I also had this problem, and until now I had no clue what was causing it. This occurred on Windows 10 Pro TH2 1511. My video card, on restart, would always start disabled. The only way I could solve this was to disable it before restart, and then re-enable it after restart. FORTUNATELY this does NOT occur with the new Redstone builds. I have NOT had that issue since upgrading to Redstone, and since MrGRiM has published at least two black themes for Redstone, I am good to go!

It happens to you what I get my always after installing Windows 10.
The solution is easy.
You have to block 2 or 1 update (depends on how many updates have your video driver) "Windows Update".
These updates are installed alone and "overrides" the driver you already had installed causing disabling your video card

dhjohns
January 16th, 2016, 03:23 PM
It happens to you what I get my always after installing Windows 10.
The solution is easy.
You have to block 2 or 1 update (depends on how many updates have your video driver) "Windows Update".
These updates are installed alone and "overrides" the driver you already had installed causing disabling your video card

What I do is let Windows 10 install its own drivers first. Then I go to Nvidia site, and install latest drivers. With latest drivers installed Windows 10 does not try to install earlier version. Like I said, with the Redstone versions of Windows 10 my video card is not disabled. It seems this is a problem with the TH2 1511 release.

Agelyk
January 16th, 2016, 04:01 PM
What I do is let Windows 10 install its own drivers first....

the problem is that you should not let Windows install updates to your video driver. (for other drivers if)
Only disables updates pertaining to your video driver Nvidia or AMD, then continues with normal isntalación as you always do (I recommend using "Driver Booster" to finish updating drivers)

dhjohns
January 16th, 2016, 04:10 PM
the problem is that you should not let Windows install updates to your video driver. (for other drivers if)
Only disables updates pertaining to your video driver Nvidia or AMD, then continues with normal isntalación as you always do (I recommend using "Driver Booster" to finish updating drivers)

72102I let Windows update whatever it feels like updating. I actually did not say that Windows was updating my video driver per se; I let it install the video driver, then I update it manually. The problem was, I believe, not the video driver since the very same driver which kept breaking in th2 works perfectly in rs1.

Nimbi
January 16th, 2016, 04:17 PM

Will this work on Intel HD Graphics Display Drivers?

AlphaOmega
January 16th, 2016, 04:19 PM

Sorry,but i have to disagree with the using "Driver Booster".You should NEVER use third party software to update your driver's.You never know what you are getting and they might not be compatible with your system.You should ALWAY'S download driver's from your manufacturer's website whenever possible.That way you know they are specifically made for your system and that they are going to work.As far as the automatic update's,i agree.I install updates manually as some of them are not needed.I'm not trying to be an a**,just stating the fact's about driver's.

Nimbi
January 16th, 2016, 04:20 PM
I have 3 more images of this blue cyborg if you want them.They are not walls,but you can do whatever you want with them..etc...merge into another pic etc....Up to you.if you want them i will upload them into this thread.im not doing anything with them.Let me know.

sounds interesting. I might be able to find a use for them. :peace:

AlphaOmega
January 16th, 2016, 04:23 PM
sounds interesting. I might be able to find a use for them. :peace:

ok.here they are.

Agelyk
January 16th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Will this work on Intel HD Graphics Display Drivers?

Yup, this is for Intel and AMD

Agelyk
January 16th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Sorry,but i have to disagree with the using "Driver Booster".You should NEVER use third party software to update your driver's.You never know what you are getting and they might not be compatible with your system.You should ALWAY'S download driver's from your manufacturer's website whenever possible.That way you know they are specifically made for your system and that they are going to work.As far as the automatic update's,i agree.I install updates manually as some of them are not needed.I'm not trying to be an a**,just stating the fact's about driver's.

I hated it before (I mean Driver Booster), but personally to me in Windows 10, resolved several issues "drivers"

January 16th, 2016, 08:26 PM
What I do is let Windows 10 install its own drivers first. Then I go to Nvidia site, and install latest drivers. With latest drivers installed Windows 10 does not try to install earlier version. Like I said, with the Redstone versions of Windows 10 my video card is not disabled. It seems this is a problem with the TH2 1511 release.

actually you got lucky then, cause i know from personal experience that windows will instyall a older video driver. windows updates installs it's version, you install yours, and windows update reinstalls it's. after this it usually behaves.

January 16th, 2016, 08:28 PM

actually driver navigator works great. i have tried the others and nothing but trash.

dhjohns
January 16th, 2016, 08:54 PM
It is very strange that Windows would try to install a driver which is older than the one which is currently installed. I have never had that happen, ever. Usually Windows is very attentive to later versions, and won't install an older one.

AlphaOmega
January 16th, 2016, 08:59 PM
actually driver navigator works great. i have tried the others and nothing but trash.

Are the driver's from driver navigator WHQL certified? or are they generic? Have never heard of Driver navigator.

January 16th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Are the driver's from driver navigator WHQL certified? or are they generic? Have never heard of Driver navigator.

i know the nvidia is whql so i have to say yes the rest are.

January 16th, 2016, 11:31 PM
It is very strange that Windows would try to install a driver which is older than the one which is currently installed. I have never had that happen, ever. Usually Windows is very attentive to later versions, and won't install an older one.

not strange at all. microsour has a LONG history of messing up drivers.

Agelyk
January 16th, 2016, 11:48 PM
the problem of video drivers will continue happening as we use Windows 10 and even more with the latest models of AMD series r7 R9 and R 9 X and Nvidia GTX serie 600.700 and 900:sad:

dhjohns
January 17th, 2016, 12:22 AM

not strange at all. microsour has a LONG history of messing up drivers.
Well,they haven't ever messed up any of my drivers, and I am down with that! :tu:

MatG-DK
February 22nd, 2016, 09:47 PM
Hmmm, suddenly i ran into this "graphic card disabled" problem when ever i enable a custom theme. When i say suddenly, its because custom themes worked fine until some days ago and i was sure that it was UxStyle that was the cause. But after reading this thread i began to think that M$ was the cause and not UxStyle.

I uninstalled all updates so my Win 10 build is 10586.0 and i must say im really really pissed about M$! Because it all works fine now!!!
So now i have disabled automatic update with Winaero Tweaker.
God dammit M$ how dare u fook my rig because i use a custom theme??

Well, im excited about RS1 and hope its better handling custom themes (with Windows Update enabled) cause im not too happy about not being able to update my OS ;-)

Shemhamforash
February 22nd, 2016, 10:40 PM
Hmmm, suddenly i ran into this "graphic card disabled" problem when ever i enable a custom theme. When i say suddenly, its because custom themes worked fine until some days ago and i was sure that it was UxStyle that was the cause. But after reading this thread i began to think that M$ was the cause and not UxStyle.

I uninstalled all updates so my Win 10 build is 10586.0 and i must say im really really pissed about M$! Because it all works fine now!!!

Well, im excited about RS1 and hope its better handling custom themes (with Windows Update enabled) cause im not too happy about not being able to update my OS ;-)

You may want to give BM's Theme Signature Bypass a try. It works with GRiM's patching method. I also was having some issues with UxStyle on this build. I didn't know they were caused be UxStyle until I uninstalled it to use this instead. I will say though to make a backup before you uninstall UxStyle and reboot. It didn't happen to me on build 10586 but on the RTM everytime I uninstalled UxStyle and rebooted I got the white flashing screen, I'm not sure why.

Anyway, I have an installer that I use now to install the Ux Theme Signature Bypass that works very well, you may want to give it a try, if I remember correctly Grim made the installer.

Nimbi
February 22nd, 2016, 11:02 PM

Ya, this is actually an issue with UxStyle. I didn't have the issue on RTM build but after upgrading to v1511 UxStyle would always disable my built in graphics display driver. As for the UxThemeSignatureBypass tool, that one doesn't work on my laptop for some reason. I'm left with only one thing that works which is patching my system with UxThemePatcher. The downside to using UxThemePatcher is that it uses patched RTM DLLs so the personalize windows doesn't show the wallpaper images for the themes, instead it just shows a solid color in place of those.

Other than that, it actually applies the themes flawlessly. I'm using the UNITY 2016 theme by neiio in the screenshot above.

MatG-DK
February 23rd, 2016, 05:20 AM
Ya, this is actually an issue with UxStyle. I didn't have the issue on RTM build but after upgrading to v1511 UxStyle would always disable my built in graphics display driver. As for the UxThemeSignatureBypass tool, that one doesn't work on my laptop for some reason. I'm left with only one thing that works which is patching my system with UxThemePatcher. The downside to using UxThemePatcher is that it uses patched RTM DLLs so the personalize windows doesn't show the wallpaper images for the themes, instead it just shows a solid color in place of those.

Other than that, it actually applies the themes flawlessly. I'm using the UNITY 2016 theme by neiio in the screenshot above.

UxStyle is (as far as i can see) not the problem.
Some of the latest Windows updates is causing the graphic card problem. But i like to know the specific update causing it?
I have no problem after i uninstalled the updates from Windows.
Now i can use any theme i want to.

Nimbi
February 24th, 2016, 03:26 AM
UxStyle is (as far as i can see) not the problem.
Some of the latest Windows updates is causing the graphic card problem. But i like to know the specific update causing it?
I have no problem after i uninstalled the updates from Windows.
Now i can use any theme i want to.

For me the issue only shows up when I'm using UxStyle. So long as I use UxThemePatcher the themes apply fine. The only issue I have with UxThemePatcher is the one from the screenshot in my previous post. Other than that the themes themselves apply fine. I just can't use UxStyles anymore since my built in Intel HD Display driver keeps getting disabled by it.

MatG-DK
February 24th, 2016, 05:26 AM
For me the issue only shows up when I'm using UxStyle. So long as I use UxThemePatcher the themes apply fine. The only issue I have with UxThemePatcher is the one from the screenshot in my previous post. Other than that the themes themselves apply fine. I just can't use UxStyles anymore since my built in Intel HD Display driver keeps getting disabled by it.

I have to agree with you on that.
Yesterday i was installing Steam and a couple of games, when i noticed one of the games installed MS Visual Basic ++ 2005 or something like that. On next reboot the graphic card was disabled again!?!
There is something about UxStyle that a part of Windows does not like and then disable graphic card.
I did a restore point from the day before and things are now working again.
But now im afraid to install a game AND update Windows?!?
Before i was happy with UxStyle but it's clear to me now that it's not working like it should...

MatG-DK
February 27th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Today i have giving up on UxStyle. I had my computer running fine for a couple of days, with Windows Update disabled and have used the computer without installing or configuring anything.

Did a normal reboot and suddenly Graphic Card was disabled again, arghhh..
Then i decided to patch my system with UxThemePatcher instead.

Now everything running smoothly and its nice to know i can enable Windows Update again.
Winver says: Version 1511 build 10586.104
Using Jarvis for Windows 10 TH2 and no more disabled Graphic Card