PDA

View Full Version : I've discovered an alternate way to enable the hidden dark theme in Windows 10

Nimbi
September 5th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Hello,

I've found an alternate way to enable the hidden dark theme in Windows 10. It's a bit simpler than the other one mentioned on VC (sorry for not posting this there, having trouble finding that post, lol). Either way here it is.

In regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize and place the following two DWORDS into it and set their values to 0

DWORDS:

AppsUseLightTheme
SystemUsesLightTheme

Once you have added those two DWORDS and set their values to 0 close explorer.exe and reopen it or simply restart your computer (you can close explorer.exe by right clicking the taskbar while holding down SHIFT+CONTROL and then clicking exit explorer. To reopen from there just open task manager and run the task explorer.exe).

I've already tested this method and it works flawlessly. There is no need to place these DWORDS anywhere else in regedit.

Noesis
September 14th, 2015, 10:49 PM
This is an old method used in the tec preview edition of windows 10. It's all over youtube as well :)