PDA

View Full Version : Change all folder icons Windows10?

IcicleThief69
September 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Hey guys I'm looking to change all of my folder icons only. I was able to get the empty folder icon to change for all empty folders. But once you add a new folder inside that one it changes to old style with something in it. How can I change all of them so they will look right. I have all of my art work done the folder parts. I just don't know where to change the rest of them. I found the first one under here -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer

I then added a new folder called Shell Icons, inside added a new KEY String Value and linked it to make the new folder icon be used. Restarted Windows Explorer and the new Empty folder icon shows up. But only for empty folders. Where do I find the rest of them so they look the way they should to match the empty folders when they have files inside them?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Agelyk
September 7th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Instead of using the boring :sad:"regedit" or damaging any record of icons.
try the "icon packager" ...
just install it and do not install any theme only changes the coming default icons that already have and "apply changes" is comatible with win 7 8 and 10 all versions (I use and change 100% of all icons) :peace:

Dark Knight
September 11th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Instead of using the boring :sad:"regedit" or damaging any record of icons.
try the "icon packager" ...
just install it and do not install any theme only changes the coming default icons that already have and "apply changes" is comatible with win 7 8 and 10 all versions (I use and change 100% of all icons) :peace:

Yea well the problem with Icon Packager, much like the rest of Starbloats products is that in order for it to work it must run in the system tray and by running in the tray it is sucking up system resources.

My advice is not to be fooling around with your registry, your only asking for trouble. Pick out a nice icon package here and install it using 7tsp. 7tsp will make a backup of your original configuration before installing should you want to go back .......... and STAY AWAY from Stardock products ....... any of them, they are all resource pigs.

Agelyk
September 11th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Stardock's products (objectdock, CursorFX, star 10 ... etc) :anger:are garbage and consume many resources if they are
but if you talk about the only resource that does not consume much (if anything) is the IconPackager.
the "7tsp" patches only 50% of the icons (so as to not fit):sad:

In my opinion if you are going to change all your icons SO the best solution would be to first install any pack with "7 tsp" and finish patching the missing icons ("IconPackager"):peace:

Shemhamforash
September 11th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Stardock's products (objectdock, CursorFX, star 10 ... etc) :anger:are garbage and consume many resources if they are
but if you talk about the only resource that does not consume much (if anything) is the IconPackager.
the "7tsp" patches only 50% of the icons (so as to not fit):sad:

In my opinion if you are going to change all your icons SO the best solution would be to first install any pack with "7 tsp" and finish patching the missing icons ("IconPackager"):peace:

I'd stay away from any Stardock products and get any unpatched icons after 7tsp by hand or using CustomizerGod. :cheeky: