PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Theme Help

AgentUndertaker
September 10th, 2015, 02:10 AM
So I've recently started installing some different 3rd-party themes on my computer (running Windows 10), and I couldn't help but notice that none of the themes affected my taskbar at all, even when the pictures of the theme online showed the taskbar being changed. If anyone can, I'd like to know why this is occurring and if there is a possible way to change my taskbar with 3rd-party themes.

PLEASE NOTE:
- I installed UXStyle (latest version)
- I followed all the correct instructions for installation of said themes

Thanks!

Mr GRiM
September 10th, 2015, 04:23 AM
So I've recently started installing some different 3rd-party themes on my computer (running Windows 10), and I couldn't help but notice that none of the themes affected my taskbar at all, even when the pictures of the theme online showed the taskbar being changed. If anyone can, I'd like to know why this is occurring and if there is a possible way to change my taskbar with 3rd-party themes.

PLEASE NOTE:
- I installed UXStyle (latest version)
- I followed all the correct instructions for installation of said themes

Thanks!

There is no way of themeing the taskbar in Windows 10, in some of the pre release insider preview builds it was still possible and those are probably the pictures you have seen, there are a couple of ways you can still have your own image there now but it's not the best solution, the first is to use Stardock's Start 10 https://www.stardock.com/products/start10/ the other way I know of is using Taskbar Color Effects http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-color-effects-windows-7-taskbar-taskbar-color-effects these are both very limited solutions and neither are desirable but that is our only option for now.

Noesis
October 1st, 2015, 07:27 PM
I found that taskbar color is shit. However Stardock's start 10 is awsome and it changes the taskbar to any taskbar you want but the icons wont adapt to taskbar so depending on the icons you got on your taskbar you will need to make your own or use a premade from here that will fit your needs.

My daily runner is great with the colors as you can see below :

And here are a few examples of what i mean by how many icons and stuff you have with the wrong kind of taskbar :

Or you can always use the taskbar by Mr Grim called Zero G i think as its just mostly one color from start to end and will fit all setups :

Start 10 is my favorite tool for this as it can do much more then just change the taskbar :

Shemhamforash
October 1st, 2015, 09:40 PM
I found that taskbar color is shit. However Stardock's start 10 is awsome and it changes the taskbar to any taskbar you want but the icons wont adapt to taskbar so depending on the icons you got on your taskbar you will need to make your own or use a premade from here that will fit your needs.

My daily runner is great with the colors as you can see below :

And here are a few examples of what i mean by how many icons and stuff you have with the wrong kind of taskbar :

Or you can always use the taskbar by Mr Grim called Zero G i think as its just mostly one color from start to end and will fit all setups :

Start 10 is my favorite tool for this as it can do much more then just change the taskbar :

I want to mention that you can solve the problem of the icons running into parts of the taskbar where they shouldn't be by unlocking the taskbar, right clicking it and than Toolbars->New toolbar. Here choose an empty folder (just create one). Now right click your new empty space once you have moved it to the correct place on the taskbar to push over the icons (it helps to bump the taskbar up to having two levels so it's twice as large when you're doing this) and uncheck Show Text and Show title, now lock the taskbar again. This is how we have always centered our icons on the taskbar, and is a good way to space things out.

In one of your screenshots of taskbars you had the theme SE taskbar image.
Here is an example of spacing out the taskbar using the blank space of an empty folder method:

Noesis
October 5th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Not sure i know what u mean.

Shemhamforash
October 5th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Not sure i know what u mean.

Just create a blank space by selecting an empty folder when you right click taskbar and choose New toolbar.
Relocate the empty space so it moves the icons over. Mr GRiM has a tutorial in one of his older Windows 7 theme threads.

gVyrus
October 29th, 2015, 11:05 PM
So probably the wrong place to post this. Im very new to the world of pc theming. I saw that the thread was titled Theme help and support so. Can any1 suggest a good transparency program like System Transparency By Prisoner? I havent seen a update for Windows 10 and was wondering what every1 was using these day.

Noesis
October 31st, 2015, 01:24 AM
So probably the wrong place to post this. Im very new to the world of pc theming. I saw that the thread was titled Theme help and support so. Can any1 suggest a good transparency program like System Transparency By Prisoner? I havent seen a update for Windows 10 and was wondering what every1 was using these day.

That's the one I use as it works very well for win10.

gVyrus
October 31st, 2015, 02:03 AM
Maybe Ill have to give it another go...Thank you! :shocked:

Noesis
October 31st, 2015, 11:20 PM
Remember to press windows key + R and type "shell:startup" once windows opens you copy a shortcut of the main transparency exe file into startup folder so it auto starts otherwise you will have to manually start it every time you boot.
Also the config file for the app is in the documents folder.

gVyrus
October 31st, 2015, 11:34 PM
Remember? lol I didnt even know you had to do that! :Smile:But thank you ! i will have to give that a go. I wonder if it works with the alien Red theme im running atm!

Dark Knight
February 17th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Just noticed my Windows explorer fonts are not the same color as the rest. Anyone know the location of these fonts in WSB?

Thanks!