and I included a taskbar image for use with TBCE

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=70792&stc=1

This theme will only work on Windows 10 build 10240

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=70793&stc=1

poweredbyostx
September 13th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Nice to see you active again, great work

September 13th, 2015, 06:30 PM
gsw953 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) these additional colors look great. thanks

Agelyk
September 13th, 2015, 06:44 PM
almost all colors less "cyan"... = great job gsw953 :peace:

mike 59
September 13th, 2015, 09:16 PM
they look awesome gsw953 thank you also thank for your time and work :burns::Peace:

hunterk11
September 18th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Love this theme, thank you for all of your time and effort. =D

Jose Hidalgo
October 22nd, 2015, 10:19 PM
Hi, and thanks for your theme :) Just a question :

Some guy hamed hamed1987 on DeviantArt (who is now gone apparently) achieved a theme called Dark Glass theme for Windows 10.
Sorry, I can't post links yet, so look for "dark glass win10" on Google Images, and the 3 first images should be the right ones (with the giant mushroom wallpaper ^^).

That theme allowed for transparency in the Explorer windows, including different levels of transparence between the "Folders & Drives" part and the rest of the windows.

My questions are :
- How can this be achieved ? Is there a software that allows this ? I haven't found it yet.
- Can this be achieved with Gray10 theme ? That would make it even better for me.

Thanks in advance.

October 22nd, 2015, 11:22 PM
Hi, and thanks for your theme :) Just a question :

Some guy hamed hamed1987 on DeviantArt (who is now gone apparently) achieved a theme called Dark Glass theme for Windows 10.
Sorry, I can't post links yet, so look for "dark glass win10" on Google Images, and the 3 first images should be the right ones (with the giant mushroom wallpaper ^^).

That theme allowed for transparency in the Explorer windows, including different levels of transparence between the "Folders & Drives" part and the rest of the windows.

My questions are :
- How can this be achieved ? Is there a software that allows this ? I haven't found it yet.
- Can this be achieved with Gray10 theme ? That would make it even better for me.

Thanks in advance.

i think you'll be happier with http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70097-Ultimate-Clean-for-10 now you'll want to use blackglass to get the transparent windows. to get blackglass to launch on startup in 10 i had to manually added it to the startup folder. once it's in you systray just rightclick it, select options, then click enable and save. need anymore help just holler.

Jose Hidalgo
October 23rd, 2015, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the info. :) I don't know, I'm not sure that Dark Glass Enhanced is what I'm looking for :
- AFAIK the transparency level is fixed and can't be changed.
- Plus I don't see any option to have different transparency levels on the "Files & Folders" part and in the rest of any explorer window. So I won't be able to achieve the effect that I previously described.
Apparently hamed1987 managed to achieve it (just look at the pictures I previously described), so there must be a way to do it, right ?
What do you think ?

FYI on Windows 7 I've been using System Transparency. It's easy and it does the job (well, you can't set different transparency levels, but at least the transparency is adjustable from 0 to 255).
I'm just looking for Windows 10 solutions to achieve the same goal and use them with Gray10. :)

gsw953
October 23rd, 2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info. :) I don't know, I'm not sure that Dark Glass Enhanced is what I'm looking for :
- AFAIK the transparency level is fixed and can't be changed.
- Plus I don't see any option to have different transparency levels on the "Files & Folders" part and in the rest of any explorer window. So I won't be able to achieve the effect that I previously described.
Apparently hamed1987 managed to achieve it (just look at the pictures I previously described), so there must be a way to do it, right ?
What do you think ?

FYI on Windows 7 I've been using System Transparency. It's easy and it does the job (well, you can't set different transparency levels, but at least the transparency is adjustable from 0 to 255).
I'm just looking for Windows 10 solutions to achieve the same goal and use them with Gray10. :)

There is not 2 different levels of transparency in hamed's theme,it is done by using 2 different colors in the Explorer window.Dark gray for most of it
and black in the main part.You could achieve this quite easily on Gray10 by changing one color from gray to black and then using any transparency program you like
Personally I don't like 2 color themes but feel free to modify this theme any way you want

Jose Hidalgo
October 23rd, 2015, 06:11 PM
There is not 2 different levels of transparency in hamed's theme,it is done by using 2 different colors in the Explorer window.Dark gray for most of it
and black in the main part.You could achieve this quite easily on Gray10 by changing one color from gray to black and then using any transparency program you like
Personally I don't like 2 color themes but feel free to modify this theme any way you want
Oh, I get it now. So there would have to be 2 different colors in the Explorer window, with only 1 transparency level. OK !

My question is : could I achieve that easily on Gray10 just by changing Windows color settings for different parts of the Explorer window, or is it something that only the theme creator could do ? :) Thanks again !

Faiakes
October 24th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Does it work with build 10565?

gsw953
October 24th, 2015, 05:43 PM
don't know,I only use rtm releases

October 24th, 2015, 07:28 PM

don't know,I only use rtm releases

no it doesn't for now.

Jose Hidalgo
October 29th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Oh, I get it now. So there would have to be 2 different colors in the Explorer window, with only 1 transparency level. OK !

My question is : could I achieve that easily on Gray10 just by changing Windows color settings for different parts of the Explorer window, or is it something that only the theme creator could do ? :) Thanks again !
Bump ! :-D

Jose Hidalgo
November 9th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Bump Bump Bump !!! Is someone listening ?...

Hunk_4TH
November 13th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Any eta on th2 release? :)

Faiakes
November 14th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Yes please, update to build 10586, please...

gsw953
November 14th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Any eta on th2 release? :)

Yes please, update to build 10586, please...

No updates will be released publicly until there is a way for the average person to to apply themes

jayarte
November 18th, 2015, 08:23 PM
There is a workaround here http://www.cleodesktop.com/2015/11/install-uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10.html?showComment=1447881722511#c5641345857659208128

Unfortunately, English isn't their first language and the last stage where you copy the themeui.dll is not clear enough for me to understand. Some of you guys will probably understand it much better :)

Txingudi
November 20th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Thank you for this contribution

jayarte
November 20th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Now I know why that's your recommendation. I tried the workaround and updated theme I linked below and completely bricked my pc. When I restarted after applying the theme (and messing around in system files, never a good idea) all I got was a dark screen with intermittent flashes of white. Hellish on the eyes. Tried to reboot into safe mode, but I haven't managed that once on Windows 10 :( Ended up rebooting and mashing F12 to get to repair/reinstall menu. Repair didn't work (as ever) so had to reinstall Windows 10, which is about the third time.

I'm thinking I might pay for the upgrade to professional version because there is the option to defer upgrades indefinitely, whilst still receiving security updates. Has anyone else tried this, or already got pro version? What do you recommend given that I find it very hard to tolerate the white pages of default theme which hurt my eyes, even though I use f.lux to make the screen more amber and less blue.

Agelyk
November 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Now I know why that's your recommendation. I tried the workaround and updated theme I linked below and completely bricked my pc. When I restarted after applying the theme (and messing around in system files, never a good idea) all I got was a dark screen with intermittent flashes of white. Hellish on the eyes. Tried to reboot into safe mode, but I haven't managed that once on Windows 10 :( Ended up rebooting and mashing F12 to get to repair/reinstall menu. Repair didn't work (as ever) so had to reinstall Windows 10, which is about the third time.

I'm thinking I might pay for the upgrade to professional version because there is the option to defer upgrades indefinitely, whilst still receiving security updates. Has anyone else tried this, or already got pro version? What do you recommend given that I find it very hard to tolerate the white pages of default theme which hurt my eyes, even though I use f.lux to make the screen more amber and less blue.

that happens when you apply themes that do not conform to the build that you have.
if you have the RTM AKA 10240 you can apply themes MR Grim and others who are posted in the section (Windows 10 issues (http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1195-Windows-10-Themes))
If you upgraded or you already have the latest version of Windows 10586 AKA 1511 AKA TH2.
then do not apply these kinds of issues you will cause intermittent black screen

if you are looking for a theme for the build 10586 then try this (http://www.cleodesktop.com/2015/11/after-dark-cc-theme-for-windows10.html) (the only one to run to me)

jayarte
November 20th, 2015, 07:56 PM
Thanks, Angel :)

Yes, I do know about applying the correct theme for the build, and I did actually use cuong pham's (whose page you linked) other updated theme for 1511 (which is the build I have). I followed the instructions carefully, but maybe I did something wrong, or maybe my AV interfered? Who knows?