PDA

View Full Version : Porting Windows 8 / 8.1 Themes to Windows 10

Dark Knight
September 15th, 2015, 06:02 PM
I want to try and port some of my favorite Windows 8 / 8.1 themes over to Windows 10 but before I go and install it want to know if Windows Style Builder is capable of such? If so how must WSB be set up in order to complete the task?

freak69ize
September 15th, 2015, 06:55 PM
I want to try and port some of my favorite Windows 8 / 8.1 themes over to Windows 10 but before I go and install it want to know if Windows Style Builder is capable of such? If so how must WSB be set up in order to complete the task?

I believe i seen a post where Mr Grim said it was easier to port win7 themes to 10 then it is to port win8 themes

Dark Knight
September 15th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Yeah, but there is one theme I'd like to port over, the HUD Machine White theme that I purchased, it's my favorite theme and would really like to have it for 10, unfortunately it was made for Windows 8.1. The original theme files run nicely on 10 but there are a few areas that need to be fixed in order to look right on 10 and since I haven't used WSB in quite a while I need to know how and if it can be set up to port themes to 10.

Dark Knight
September 15th, 2015, 07:55 PM
This is what I am trying to achieve, below are screens of the HUD Machine White 8.1 theme running on Windows 10.

I need to know how in WSB to get rid of the blue areas in Windows Explorer, personalization, My PC and Control panel then how to save the file for use on Windows 10

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/edee2/snip_20150915143712.png

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/edee2/snip_20150915143801.png

Shemhamforash
September 15th, 2015, 08:46 PM
This is what I am trying to achieve, below are screens of the HUD Machine White 8.1 theme running on Windows 10.

I need to know how in WSB to get rid of the blue areas in Windows Explorer, personalization, My PC and Control panel then how to save the file for use on Windows 10

Love that theme, Dark Knight. It'd be great to see it released someday. :cheeky:
If you want the best experience using Windows 8.1 themes, you will be using RibbonDisabler by Winaero because this removes the blue from explorer background.
Just a tip that can help, especially for us who don't have the ability or software to port themes.

Dark Knight
September 15th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Love that theme, Dark Knight. It'd be great to see it released someday. :cheeky:
If you want the best experience using Windows 8.1 themes, you will be using RibbonDisabler by Winaero because this removes the blue from explorer background.
Just a tip that can help, especially for us who don't have the ability or software to port themes.

Ribbon disabler does nothing at all, I have a licensed copy of WSB, just need to know where to make the changes and save the file for use in 10 as I have not used WSB in quite awhile

Shemhamforash
September 15th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Ribbon disabler does nothing at all, I have a licensed copy of WSB, just need to know where to make the changes and save the file for use in 10 as I have not used WSB in quite awhile

Oh, sorry I just meant if it's like all other themes from this website that turn blue and are for Windows 8.1 work better with RibbonDisabler rather than OldNewExplorer. Whenever you use OldNewExplorer the backgrounds turn blue. Not the case with RibbonDisabler than they stay normal. Not saying you're not an experienced theme builder or anything, and sorry I can't help you with the WSB program.

Life Companion
July 3rd, 2023, 10:03 AM
How you are able to port Windows 8.1 themes to Windows 10?

i need to port Windows Areo 8.1.1 themes to Windows 10