PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar Color Effects

Shemhamforash
September 17th, 2015, 05:35 PM
As you probably all know by now, the taskbar theming isn't working they way we are used to in previous versions of Windows. I'm making this thread because I have been using Taskbar Color Effects from The Windows Club since Mr GRiM has mentioned it's an option, and it does give the best results as of now.

Here is how I have Taskbar Color Effects working:
I place the taskbar image file in a folder for example in Pictures.
Than I rename that image file BG2 in my case.
I have another folder with all the taskbar images.
Each time I want to change the taskbar background I go to this folder with the taskbar images, copy paste one of the taskbar images into the folder Pictures and rename that image to BG2. Every time you delete your taskbar image, you have to make sure to exit Taskbar Color Effects:

Without further ado here are my images and previews. Keep in mind transparency works experimentally, blur on the taskbar is not supported.
HUD Apocalypse by Mr GRiM
Poison by Mr GRiM
Digital L.E.D. by Designfjotten

Add color effects to Windows 7 taskbar with Taskbar Color Effects (http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-color-effects-windows-7-taskbar-taskbar-color-effects)

Nimbi
September 20th, 2015, 08:13 PM
The Center setting usually disproportions them for me, so i set it to stretched and the images fit perfectly.

Shemhamforash
September 20th, 2015, 08:17 PM
The Center setting usually disproportions them for me, so i set it to stretched and the images fit perfectly.
Yeah, I know what you mean it's really a monitor, resolution thing.
But the one thing is I can say that all my uploaded 75 themed taskbars will work with the "Center" setting on 1920x1080 displays.

Nimbi
September 20th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean it's really a monitor, resolution thing.
But the one thing is I can say that all my uploaded 75 themed taskbars will work with the "Center" setting on 1920x1080 displays.

Ah I see. I'm on 1360x768 lol. I'm hoping to get a HDMI to DVI-D cord soon. If I can get the one I have a link for I'll be able to get the 1920x1080 resolution. :Peace:

Shemhamforash
September 20th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Ah I see. I'm on 1360x768 lol. I'm hoping to get a HDMI to DVI-D cord soon. If I can get the one I have a link for I'll be able to get the 1920x1080 resolution. :Peace:

Okay, here is what I recommend.
Open the image in an image editing program
Resize the image of the taskbar you want to 1360 width wise.
After that, you have to make sure the image scales with that adjustment so it doesn't appear out of proportion.
I recommend using GIMP, because I don't really know any other good ones, I'm sure there's lots of programs that can do this simple operation though. :Peace:

Nimbi
September 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Okay, here is what I recommend.
Open the image in an image editing program
Resize the image of the taskbar you want to 1360 width wise.
After that, you have to make sure the image scales with that adjustment so it doesn't appear out of proportion.
I recommend using GIMP, because I don't really know any other good ones, I'm sure there's lots of programs that can do this simple operation though. :Peace:

tbh, the setting I use for em atm works flawlessly. and with a hard drive capacity of only 62gb i try not to download much, lol. I''ve got about 19gb usable space left so I'm going easy on downloading lately, lol.

Shemhamforash
September 20th, 2015, 09:08 PM
tbh, the setting I use for em atm works flawlessly. and with a hard drive capacity of only 62gb i try not to download much, lol. I''ve got about 19gb usable space left so I'm going easy on downloading lately, lol.

Yes, that's great.
I was going to mention that earlier. The settings are pretty much guaranteed to look appealing without manually editing the images, just changing the "Image Placement".
I don't know how well these will work on higher displays than 1920x1080. My guess is not well, though, considering the pixels would be forced to stretch quite a bit.

ark22
November 3rd, 2015, 02:57 PM
gran aporte amigo un saludo