PDA

View Full Version : Change All Folders in W10

IcicleThief69
October 14th, 2015, 04:45 PM
It"s been while since I was on here due to work. It always gets in the way of fun.

Anyway, I'm looking for a way to change all of my folders in windows 10 to custom folders I did. Windows 7 was easy and I can't really seem to find an easy way to do this. Is there a program out there that does this like we had for Windows 7? I can change the empty folders by right clicking on them but once I put something in them they go back to the ugly windows 10 folders.

Shemhamforash
October 14th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Have you tried using 7tsp packs made for W8.1 on W10?
These are the ones I'm referring to:
http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1178-Windows-8-Iconpacks
Personally I've never had any problems installing these icon packs on W10.

IcicleThief69
October 15th, 2015, 12:01 AM
No I have not tried them yet. But I have uesed them before on windows 7, I take it that I need to patch my system like before to use them again? If so how I do patch it again do i use them same thing as before to patch it? And can i take one of those to replace the folder icons with my own?

Shemhamforash
October 15th, 2015, 12:07 AM
No I have not tried them yet. But I have uesed them before on windows 7, I take it that I need to patch my system like before to use them again? If so how I do patch it again do i use them same thing as before to patch it? And can i take one of those to replace the folder icons with my own?

Same way as you patch system icons using 7tsp on W7.
It may ask you to reboot one extra time on W10 or W8/8.1.
Just make sure you are using the right, compatible icon packs in this case the W8.1 ones.
I have found Lamia's icon packs to be very reliable.
As for editing the packs and applying them, I can't say as I haven't tried but most likely.

IcicleThief69
October 15th, 2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks for your help, I down loaded a few of those and I am able to unzip them and see where I can edit them with restorator 2007. Time to have some fun again.

Again Thanks for your help.

Shemhamforash
October 15th, 2015, 12:19 AM
Thanks for your help, I down loaded a few of those and I am able to unzip them and see where I can edit them with restorator 2007. Time to have some fun again.

Again Thanks for your help.

Sounds good. You're most welcome for the recommendation. Good luck :)

IcicleThief69
October 15th, 2015, 01:05 AM
edited by me

IcicleThief69
October 15th, 2015, 01:07 AM
Hey it worked, now I just have to replace some the files in the one I used with my folder files so they are not so dark.

amil2001
October 24th, 2015, 11:03 AM
You can use icons from skinpacks.com that's what i am using at the moment :happy: