PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Possibility For The HUD Machine Themes To Work For Windows 10?

FatherGoose
October 31st, 2015, 04:06 AM
Howdy, I have these themes for Windows 7 on my desktop, but as of 3 days ago I am the owner of an Alienware laptop that came with Windows 10 installed on it and was wondering if the themes will work for Windows 10 or if Mr. Grim was considering making an update so that they will work

hunterk11
October 31st, 2015, 07:16 PM
They do not work on 10

Shemhamforash
October 31st, 2015, 10:32 PM
The biggest hinderance in any of the themes getting ported really is whether the caption buttons can be fixed to their normal constraints, imo.
It seems like everything else pretty much has the ability to be ported from the Windows 7 themes. I'd say it has the possibility to have the same outcome as ended up being with W8.1.
Honestly, don't count on the HUD Machine series to get ported. You'll be lucky if you get any of the exact same themes that were released for W8.1. It all depends on what Lamia and Mr GRiM choose to do with the themes, tbh.

FatherGoose
November 8th, 2015, 08:59 AM
ahh man, well i appreciate you guys taking time to respond to this thread

razor07
November 9th, 2015, 11:04 PM
That is not a true statement, I was able to apply the HUD EVO to my Windows 10 box. After I installed the Windows 10 Black theme by Mr. Grimm, I took the HUD EVO for 8.1 applied it to my windows 10 box. I also applied 8 is back for windows 10 to skin the tool bar and the start button. The only errors I get is the notification bar will no longer function. I have asked about a fix for that but no one would respond.

Shemhamforash
November 10th, 2015, 12:00 AM
I agree the HUD Evolved series works. But the problems include context menu not being themed, caption buttons not being scaled correctly, taskbar not being themed, blue side panel when using OldNewExplorer and as razor07 mentioned the notification center not working (this occurs with all the W8.1 themes I think). The designers of themes most likely would rather spend time doing a proper import from a Winows 7 theme rather than fix issues with already semi-broken themes (ie. fix the notification menu).

Agelyk
November 10th, 2015, 04:03 AM
If the new build "TH2" is not well applied to build the theme announced as "Redstone" will be more difficult to pass all the THEMES "HUD" to Windows 10 :sad:

razor07
November 26th, 2015, 02:08 PM
This is true, as I updated to TH2 and found that the HUD Evo theme no longer worked. I simply reverted back and will wait for an update, if any. I have looked at other themes but have not found one that I like as much as HUD Evo/Machine blue. Looking at other posts, I see I am not alone. HINT HINT MR. GRIM! LOL:happy: