PDA

View Full Version : White color sometimes?

MatG-DK
November 10th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Hi there, i could use some help with a strange problem i have sometimes.

I use Mr. Grims Poison for Win 8.1, OldNewExplorer, Aeroglass (donated version) and Aero Glass Configurator 3.0

For an example, if i open taskmanager i like to see the window is black, like in first attachment.
But sometimes its all white, second attachment.

If i go change my theme to Mr. Grims Toxic for Win 8.1 it is black, third attachment.
If i change back to the exact same Poison theme where i have changed cursors, wallpapers ect. the window in Taskmanager is white again.
If i choose the standard Poison theme (with no changes like cursors, wallpapers etc.) the color in Taskamanager is Black, just as i like it.
But after some time, the color will suddenly change to white again and i can't tell what triggers the color change??

Has anybody else this issue and is there a fix that would help more than a few restarts?

Thx in advance

(did my best to explain, but feel free to ask if me to elaborate) :)

Solved:
It looks like theres an easy solution for this:
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70881-Sleep-Mode-change-colors

Got this from Mr. Grim a while back, I used to have the same problem on Windows 8.1 ...........

Getting rid of white areas in themes after coming out of lock or sleep in Windows 8.1

Windows 8 loads defaults from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors] after every lock/sleep/hibernate.
Make a backup of that key, take ownership of it, and then delete that whole key (defualtcolors).
Then you wont have a problem.

Don't worry, it works on Windows 10 too :Peace:

MatG-DK
December 27th, 2015, 12:39 AM
I've found out that hibernate triggers the color change.
The second thing that triggers it, is that if i lock my computer with "WinKey+L" and open it again, it's white again.

Same thing goes for Windows 10

Shemhamforash
December 27th, 2015, 12:48 AM
I've been wondering for a while now what you're using for Task Manager, that doesn't look like the normal application from the newer OS's. Here's how mine looks:
Maybe if you try using the default one with 8/10 it will work. Right now it looks like a Windows 7 one that's been skinned.

MatG-DK
December 27th, 2015, 12:56 AM
It's the Taskmanager that comes from the Theme/Extra folder in some of the custom themes.
But the picture of the taskmanager was just an example. It does it on all window frames..
This is the Win 10 taskmanager:

Shemhamforash
December 27th, 2015, 01:05 AM
I see, I am able to reproduce this problem by SuperKey+L to lock the screen. Happens with other themes as well.

MatG-DK
December 27th, 2015, 01:07 AM
But isn't this a bug??

Shemhamforash
December 27th, 2015, 01:12 AM
It would appear so. It also effects regions of other programs like SiB, making them display incorrectly as well. An easy solution is to log out and back in and program's appearances go back to normal.

gsw953
December 27th, 2015, 01:26 AM
This only happens for me when I'm using Uxstyle,and not when I use a file based theme patcher
so I always just thought Uxstyle was not staying in the memory properly

I would add I still feel Uxstyle is a safer way to patch your system even with the odd bug
it is better than having an update black screen your system as can happen with other
theme patchers

MatG-DK
February 15th, 2016, 02:31 PM
It looks like theres an easy solution for this:
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70881-Sleep-Mode-change-colors

Got this from Mr. Grim a while back, I used to have the same problem on Windows 8.1 ...........

Getting rid of white areas in themes after coming out of lock or sleep in Windows 8.1

Windows 8 loads defaults from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors] after every lock/sleep/hibernate.
Make a backup of that key, take ownership of it, and then delete that whole key (defualtcolors).
Then you wont have a problem.

Don't worry, it works on Windows 10 too :Peace:

ThePlot911
September 25th, 2023, 04:01 AM
Have you found the solution ?
--
I've had the same problem since Win 7 with all 3rd party themes. I have to turn off sleep altogether and never signout, just turn off or restart the PC. I've always had laptops too. Do you have this problem on a laptop as well ?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
September 25th, 2023, 04:31 AM
Have you found the solution ?
--
I've had the same problem since Win 7 with all 3rd party themes. I have to turn off sleep altogether and never signout, just turn off or restart the PC. I've always had laptops too. Do you have this problem on a laptop as well ?
fix is really simple amazing just
enable rename default colors and reboot your pc
hope this help to you
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86740-SecureUxTheme-patcher-Support-for-Windows-11 (https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/86740-SecureUxTheme-patcher-Support-for-Windows-11)