DownPatFromTheFuture
November 11th, 2015, 09:35 AM
I wanna know how are some making them

Agelyk
November 11th, 2015, 02:13 PM
first download of any page or buy the "Style Builder" ↓↓

http://vistastylebuilder.com/

Use this program from 0 or modify a theme for example one of MR GRIM
(which is the basis of most of the issues)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/69707-Windows-10-Black-Edition

finally see this guide to changing themes (that is windows 7, just change a few things for Windows 10)

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/28810-Complete-Guide-to-Theme-Building

DownPatFromTheFuture
November 11th, 2015, 02:59 PM
thanks and I have worked with wsb but no luck saving the actual theme. file not visual style when promted to use style now in wsb on win 10 I know not to use now but if I could it saves the theme file for me any other way to do this or what am I missing or misunderstanding

Agelyk
November 11th, 2015, 04:41 PM
I would suggest you wait for the latest update released Win 10 (Redstone), so do not you'll have to re-edit your theme again.
I had to do it about 4 times and is tedious to say boring :sad:

hunterk11
November 11th, 2015, 09:57 PM
I would suggest you wait for the latest update released Win 10 (Redstone), so do not you'll have to re-edit your theme again.
I had to do it about 4 times and is tedious to say boring :sad: Redstone is the June update, also there is nothing to say they will change the UI again, the themes didn't break because it is a major release, they broke because they changed the UI

Agelyk
November 11th, 2015, 10:35 PM
now I'm testing the build TH2 and all "Themes" changed almost 20%
Hopefully the final update in June keep the UI and do not change anything

hunterk11
November 12th, 2015, 12:20 AM
now I'm testing the build TH2 and all "Themes" changed almost 20%
Hopefully the final update in June keep the UI and do not change anythingIt isnt a final update, only the second major one. Win10 is designed to never stop updating.

Hunk_4TH
November 14th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Can we please keep this on topic? If we can't use custom themes anymore then we can't. I hate this as much as everyone else. Microsoft is to blame though

:anger:

Shemhamforash
November 15th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Sure we can bud I was thinking to myself today while the patchers aren't working and not too many are being optimistic about the future maybe the Theme Atlas to be used with Aero Glass is the best bet. Well, I did a green and black mod of Big Muscle's theme atlas for TH2 so maybe someone will like it.

DownPatFromTheFuture
November 15th, 2015, 06:50 AM
Nice ...see all people need is inspiration and things happen

Hunk_4TH
November 15th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Sure we can bud I was thinking to myself today while the patchers aren't working and not too many are being optimistic about the future maybe the Theme Atlas to be used with Aero Glass is the best bet. Well, I did a green and black mod of Big Muscle's theme atlas for TH2 so maybe someone will like it.

Very nice dude! I just wish we could change the explorer background color without having to use an entire theme since they're obviously not gonna work anymore anyway :/

Shemhamforash
November 15th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Very nice dude! I just wish we could change the explorer background color without having to use an entire theme since they're obviously not gonna work anymore anyway :/

Thanks man. New Aero Glass version released today. Here is a compromise for now if you must have a dark background (I'm guessing you've tried it already though). High Contrast #2 Theme:

dhjohns
November 15th, 2015, 10:53 PM
The high contrast is acceptable in some areas, but in the task bar, and browsers, it is way too severe. :( If there were a way to have a blending of what makes it black, which it CAN do, and a normal theme.

Hunk_4TH
November 15th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Thanks man. New Aero Glass version released today. Here is a compromise for now if you must have a dark background (I'm guessing you've tried it already though). High Contrast #2 Theme:

Thanks! That actually does look a lot better! Though like dhjohns said it messes with the taskbar for exmplae here is a screenshot I just took. Though I'll take this over that damn blinding white background any day :D

Shemhamforash
November 16th, 2015, 12:22 AM
I agree the taskbar becomes ugly with those white boxes and Taskbar Color Effects no longer works. You are right dhjohns in some applications like browsers the high contrast themes are pretty much unusable unless you are visually impaired which is the reason why I think those high contrast themes are made available. I agree it's suitable to use with some applications but not all.

gsw953
November 16th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Your idea of using a high contrast theme reminded me that back on Windows 7 I sometimes included a Basic theme along with an Aero version.
Which lead my to start modifying Gray10 to be a basic theme,I am able to report that I have it working and am able to load it from the
Personalize window like normal.Just a few more colors to change and it will be ready

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71307&stc=1

Shemhamforash
November 16th, 2015, 01:59 AM
Wow that's fantastic news Greg I'm sure those who are using TH2 will be thrilled. I'm positive I'll be trying it out myself. I know the themes you're talking about on Windows 7 where there was a basic theme included. That's great my using the high contrast theme triggered an idea for you. :givahand: Those are awesome themes by the way the colors will look real slick. :happy:

dhjohns
November 16th, 2015, 02:18 AM
That is awesome. I felt this could be done, but it is beyond my expertise. Please give us a link for download when you are done!

gsw953
November 16th, 2015, 02:36 AM
That is awesome. I felt this could be done, but it is beyond my expertise. Please give us a link for download when you are done!
Hopefully soon,I am still testing,plus I am updating the theme so that if anyone wants a custom highlight color I
will be able to change all the blue out in less than a minute! I may send out some test copies tomorrow,I will see how
things go tonight

dhjohns
November 16th, 2015, 02:37 AM
Thanks man! Take your time.

Hunk_4TH
November 16th, 2015, 04:05 AM
Your idea of using a high contrast theme reminded me that back on Windows 7 I sometimes included a Basic theme along with an Aero version.
Which lead my to start modifying Gray10 to be a basic theme,I am able to report that I have it working and am able to load it from the
Personalize window like normal.Just a few more colors to change and it will be ready

Totally looking forward to this! :)

Erin
November 16th, 2015, 12:19 PM

This is a great-great beginning :givahand:!!!!!

DownPatFromTheFuture
November 16th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Nice I would love a white version with absolutely no separator lines no listview lines no groupheaderlines

Mr GRiM
November 16th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Thread cleaned and title changed to reflect the content.

THempleman
November 20th, 2015, 05:03 PM
I don't want to be a 'richard noggin', but, any progress?