PDA

View Full Version : Remove folder band (again)

Hadden
November 14th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I successfully used the shellstyle trick from ASKVG (http://www.askvg.com/how-to-make-folder-band-auto-hidden-in-windows-vista/) from seven to 10 Build 10240...
Now, on build 10586 seems not work anymore. (I never liked metro explorer)
I use the uxtheme bypass, which should works even with the new version, but it doesn't.
Folder band still there.. Any ideas? (I use AeroGlass, OldNewExplorer and ClassicExplorer).

Shemhamforash
November 14th, 2015, 10:54 PM
I encountered this as well where OldNewExplorer will give you the details pane but will not remove the ribbon in Explorer. The workaround I found was to install both OldNewExplorer and Ribbon Disabler. Give that a try and hopefully it will do the trick. Ribbon Disabler can be downloaded here:
http://winaero.com/download.php?view.18
If you do not want the command bar which was from Windows 7 I don't have a workaround for that, so hopefully the answer I have given you works for what you would like it to do. I believe MS has introduced changes to the UI of explorer, this could be partly why themes are not compatible.

Hadden
November 14th, 2015, 11:29 PM
Metro is already disabled in explorer. I'm trying the workaround anyway. Folder band enable itself when you disable metro. Probably when will be released a compatible uxtheme patch/bypass for this build, the shellstyle hack will work again..

Agelyk
November 15th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Metro is already disabled in explorer. I'm trying the workaround anyway. Folder band enable itself when you disable metro. Probably when will be released a compatible uxtheme patch/bypass for this build, the shellstyle hack will work again..
I had that problem and I could not find a solution. stay with the build 10240 (there still works) :sad:

Hadden
November 20th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Well, I keep on 10586 (I had to uninstall two KB of 14/11/15 who made my system unstable).
So I use "delay updates", just for safe :D
Luckily Aero on its nightly/experimental build works (althought not supported yet).
When there'll be an uxtheme for 10586, I try it again with dll hack :)

*edit*
Now, with 10586 th2 uxtheme support, the hack works again and custom themes too..