PDA

View Full Version : Black10 v1 For TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

gsw953
November 22nd, 2015, 11:54 AM
Here is the first version of my full glass theme
for Windows 10 1511(build 10586)

Made to be used with the newest version of Aero Glass(beta 506)
Black Glass Enhanced for glass effect
and Old New Explorer

Can be used without glass if
you prefer!

You will also need to use this patching method (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/69794-Post-Your-Windows-10-Desktop?p=308537&viewfull=1#post308537)

mike 59
November 22nd, 2015, 08:15 PM
gsw953 this is one awesome theme thank you for sharing your hard work:peace::happy::burns:

Erin
November 24th, 2015, 02:17 PM
This is beautifull :love::happy:!!

innuendo
November 24th, 2015, 10:14 PM
Hi and gratz for this beautiful vs!

Though i have a pb with right context menu , it doesn't look any transparent at all ( main explorer window no pb )

am I missing something?

regards and thanks to share your hard work !

innuendo
November 24th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Hi and gratz for this beautiful theme!

That said I have a pb with right menu which isn't transparent as the main explorer window , is there something I'm doing wrong?

Shemhamforash
November 25th, 2015, 05:41 AM
Hi and gratz for this beautiful theme!

That said I have a pb with right menu which isn't transparent as the main explorer window , is there something I'm doing wrong?

You can add transparency to your right click context menu with Moo0 Transparent Menu. http://www.moo0.com/software/TransparentMenu/

innuendo
November 25th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Thanks for reply Shemhamforash

I thought it was possible to theme right click menu the same way so it keeps the system font and icons readable as regular themes non glassed " :)

TimOsman
November 26th, 2015, 04:36 PM
This is the nicest Windows 10 theme I've used so far. I'll probably use this until an update breaks our patching methods. Thanks so much. Seriously.

TimOsman
November 28th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I love this theme, thanks so much. Not a complaint, just noting that my volume icon seems to disappear after a reboot. By going to themes, selecting another theme and then this one again, it fixes it. I don't know if this is unique to me, but only a small glitch, still worth using this theme.

gsw953
November 28th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I love this theme, thanks so much. Not a complaint, just noting that my volume icon seems to disappear after a reboot. By going to themes, selecting another theme and then this one again, it fixes it. I don't know if this is unique to me, but only a small glitch, still worth using this theme.
I am not sure if it is the theme causing this as I have not had it happen to me.
I will watch and see if it does

dhjohns
November 28th, 2015, 09:50 PM
I love this theme, thanks so much. Not a complaint, just noting that my volume icon seems to disappear after a reboot. By going to themes, selecting another theme and then this one again, it fixes it. I don't know if this is unique to me, but only a small glitch, still worth using this theme.You are not alone. I have found that changing to a Windows default theme, then back solves the issue.

Wolfy
December 6th, 2015, 10:15 AM
And now for something I've never said before: This is completely 100% perfect straight out of box. If you are a dark theme user this is as dark as it gets and it stays simple and easy to use with no black on black or hard to find/hidden object issues I have encountered so far.

Fantastic job, I love it!

Wolfy
September 23rd, 2016, 04:43 AM
I was using this theme when the new windows update rolled out (It turned my computer off without warning to install the update) and either changed some theme stuff or restored the old theme files as when I went to log in I became stuck in a boot loop where it would log in and crash right after (probably when explorer.exe tried to load). Had to go into safemode which disabled the theme and allowed me to log in.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is safe to reinstall or if the th2 themes/this th2 theme no longer works with the current version of win10.

dhjohns
September 23rd, 2016, 05:00 AM
I was using this theme when the new windows update rolled out (It turned my computer off without warning to install the update) and either changed some theme stuff or restored the old theme files as when I went to log in I became stuck in a boot loop where it would log in and crash right after (probably when explorer.exe tried to load). Had to go into safemode which disabled the theme and allowed me to log in.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is safe to reinstall or if the th2 themes/this th2 theme no longer works with the current version of win10.Whether you are speaking of the Anniversary Update, or any of the RS2 updates, you can download my Windows Black Theme Toolkit, uninstall your TH2 stuff using it, then install the RS1/RS2 customizations, and all themes made or ported to RS1 will work. You can find it here.
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller

Dark Knight
September 23rd, 2016, 01:46 PM

Anyways I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is safe to reinstall or if the th2 themes/this th2 theme no longer works with the current version of win10.

The short answer is no.

You cannot use TH2 (November Update) themes on RS1 (Anniversary Update) and visa-versa.

when Microsoft puts major updates out, the best thing you can do before installing those updates is to revert back to the Windows default theme, otherwise you may get the scenario like you described above.

Wolfy
September 23rd, 2016, 11:08 PM
The short answer is no.

You cannot use TH2 (November Update) themes on RS1 (Anniversary Update) and visa-versa.

when Microsoft puts major updates out, the best thing you can do before installing those updates is to revert back to the Windows default theme, otherwise you may get the scenario like you described above.

Had I known it was a major update or even had any warning first I would have but it literally just turned my computer off. Btw how can I check what version my windows is? In Winver it says version 1607 os build 1493.187

dhjohns
September 24th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Had I known it was a major update or even had any warning first I would have but it literally just turned my computer off. Btw how can I check what version my windows is? In Winver it says version 1607 os build 1493.187So, that is what it is! You have the latest RS1 Anniversary Update Updated with the latest update. Underneath the © it will tell you Pro, Home, Enterprise, etc.

Chuckey
June 27th, 2017, 04:44 AM
I really would like to try this. Thanks