PDA

View Full Version : Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2015, 06:53 PM
Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586

Good news I was able to find an alternative to using patched system files from the RTM build
Doing it this way you can use as many styles as you like with Uxstyle or Theme Signature Bypass.

1. Rename the default C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak
2. Make a new folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\ called aerolite.msstyles
3. Put your theme in the aerolite.msstyles folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\My Theme.msstyles
4. Make sure your .theme file uses this new directory.
5. Select your theme from the personalization menu.

So now you just use the aerolite.msstyles folder as the normal theme folder and you can have as many themes as you like.

Note that if you do sfc/scannow or if you do a large Windows update to say Rs1 the themes will most likely be lost, so keep a backup of your themes.

Not sure what that would result in, I guess it would just fall back to using the aerolite theme which could be a good thing as these large updates seem to break any older themes anyway.

Important!!! Only use themes made for Windows 10 TH2 AKA 1511 AKA 10586 older themes will break your system.

UxStyle (http://uxstyle.com/)
For Windows 10 Technical Preview (0.2.4.2) (https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle/releases/download/0.2.4.2/UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe)

thank you Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM)
just a question.
This option would replace use this method (http://www.cleodesktop.com/2015/11/install-uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10.html)?

Yes it does, you don't need patched files to use this uxstyle method, plus not sure about the rest of you but with that crappy UltraUxThemePatcher I had only black squares for my themes instead of the wallpaper and logo, now that patch is removed my personalization menu looks nice again.

Maybe a stupid question, but is it safe to "undo" the patcing method where we replaced "themeui.dll" "uxinit.dll" and "uxtheme.dll" and restore them with the original ones?
And how do i make the themes work from the "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\" folder?

Yes you can unistall the old patching method, thats exactly what I did, I had to remove the patched files and rename the .bak files manually though, for some reason the uninstaller didn't work on 2 of the files.

To use this method create the aerolite.msstyles folder and then place all your existing themes in it.

Then with your .theme files you will have to edit them to point to the new location, I used notepad++ and dumped all my .theme files in aside from the default aero.theme theme1.theme and theme2.theme into notepad++

Then you need to use the replace tool

Replace "Themes\" with "Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\"

Use the replace all in all open documents

I finally figured it out!

Looks like my issue was that the .theme files from the themes I am using are slightly different from yours. For example, the line Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\Penumbra 10\Penumbra 10.msstyles didn't change with replacing resources\themes with resources\themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles.
I checked all my .themes files manually to make sure all theme\my theme directories were changed correctly and now it works :)

Thank you Mr GRiM!!

Now open the personalization menu and select your theme.

Might also be a good idea to make a folder called backups and save all your original files there

For anyone having problems editing the .theme files here are all of mine for my released themes so far.
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71785&d=1450910999

Agelyk
December 23rd, 2015, 07:05 PM
thank you Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM)
just a question.
This option would replace use this method (http://www.cleodesktop.com/2015/11/install-uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10.html)?

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2015, 08:38 PM
Confirmed this method also works with Theme Signature Bypass (Secure Boot must be disabled to use this method)

Agelyk
December 23rd, 2015, 08:46 PM
... but with that crappy UltraUxThemePatcher I had only black squares for my themes...

hahaha, I thought I was the only one with the problem of "black squares".
I installed this patch works much better and of which I had before, 1000 thanks boss :peace:

MatG-DK
December 23rd, 2015, 08:51 PM
Yes it does, you don't need patched files to use this uxstyle method, plus not sure about the rest of you but with that crappy UltraUxThemePatcher I had only black squares for my themes instead of the wallpaper and logo, now that patch is removed my personalization menu looks nice again.
Maybe a stupid question, but is it safe to "undo" the patcing method where we replaced "themeui.dll" "uxinit.dll" and "uxtheme.dll" and restore them with the original ones?
And how do i make the themes work from the "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\" folder?

MatG-DK
December 23rd, 2015, 09:32 PM
Yes you can unistall the old patching method, thats exactly what I did, I had to remove the patched files and rename the .bak files manually though, for some reason the uninstaller didn't work on 2 of the files.

To use this method create the aerolite.msstyles folder and then place all your existing themes in it.

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71783&stc=1

Then with your .theme files you will have to edit them to point to the new location, I used notepad++ and dumped all my .theme files in aside from the default aero.theme theme1.theme and theme2.theme into notepad++

Then you need to use the replace tool

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71784&stc=1

Replace "Resources\Themes" with "Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles"

Use the replace all in all open documents

Now open the personalization menu and select your theme.

Might also be a good idea to make a folder called backups and save all your original files there
Must have done somthing wrong..can't see any of the custom themes? :sad:
Should i try uninstall Uxstyle and reinstall?

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2015, 09:37 PM
Must have done somthing wrong..can't see any of the custom themes? :sad:
Should i try uninstall Uxstyle and reinstall?

You didn't move the .theme files did you? they need to stay in the aero folder, only move the folders containing the msstyles files to the aero.msstyles folder.

MatG-DK
December 23rd, 2015, 09:39 PM
You didn't move the .theme files did you? they need to stay in the aero folder, only move the folders containing the msstyles files to the aero.msstyles folder.
Haha, you are so right :ashamed:

I was already wondering why they didn't where in your screenshot :peace:

Edit: Ok, they are present in theme select window. But they do not work, white frames everywhere?

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2015, 09:50 PM
Haha, you are so right :ashamed:

I was already wondering why they didn't where in your screenshot :peace:

Edit: Ok, they are present in theme select window. But they do not work, white frames everywhere?

OK no worries, here are the edited .theme files for all my released themes so far, just replace the ones you have.

MatG-DK
December 23rd, 2015, 09:53 PM
OK no worries, here are the edited .theme files for all my released themes so far, just replace the ones you have.
Thanks. But i have not installed "Theme Signature Bypass" was that not optional?
And if not, which folder do i install it in?
It ask if i want to install in C:\AeroGlass - doesn't seems right?

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks. But i have not installed "Theme Signature Bypass" was that not optional?
And if not, which folder do i install it in?
I ask if i want to install in C:\AeroGlass - doesn't seems right?

It's not needed but it doesn't hurt to be using both, it installs in AeroGlass because it was created by Big Muscle the creator of Aero Glass so that's where I decided to have it install.

MatG-DK
December 23rd, 2015, 10:00 PM
It's not needed but it doesn't hurt to be using both, it installs in AeroGlass because it was created by Big Muscle the creator of Aero Glass so that's where I decided to have it install.
Ahh, that makes sense! But again u saved my day.
After i used your edited .theme files, it worked! :Peace::Smile::love::greedy:
Mr GRIM your the best, Thanks!!!!!

Mr GRiM
December 23rd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Your welcome, glad we got there in the end :smile:

djisamsu
December 23rd, 2015, 10:31 PM
This is very good news...but unfortunately not work on my pc
Here my step by step
1. Install Uxstyle
2. Do your guide (include edit .theme file)
3. Apply theme in control panel and doesn't change anything

am i missing step by step? need help...

EDIT: NOW WORKING PERFECTLY :)

Agelyk
December 24th, 2015, 01:54 AM
This is very good news...but unfortunately not work on my pc
Here my step by step
1. Install Uxstyle
2. Do your guide (include edit .theme file)
3. Apply theme in control panel and doesn't change anything

am i missing step by step? need help...

before doing this, you tried to uninstall your previous patch?

Shemhamforash
December 24th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Thanks a lot for this, Mr GRiM. It's much more desirable to have proper theme thumbnail previews and logo's and to not using that stupid cleo desktop patching lol.
After a bit of tweaking and trial and error I was able to get all my installed themes working properly, thanks to your help with notepad++, here is the final result:

December 24th, 2015, 12:39 PM
looks good but a bit involved from what i see. may ask dhjohns to create one one of his files to auto do EVERYTHING, including ASKING if you want to make a restore point. dhjohns you up to it?

dhjohns
December 24th, 2015, 01:09 PM
looks good but a bit involved from what i see. may ask dhjohns to create one one of his files to auto do EVERYTHING, including ASKING if you want to make a restore point. dhjohns you up to it?I can do it.

Mr GRiM
December 24th, 2015, 02:17 PM
looks good but a bit involved from what i see. may ask dhjohns to create one one of his files to auto do EVERYTHING, including ASKING if you want to make a restore point. dhjohns you up to it?

It honestly isn't that complicated, renaming one file, making a new folder to put all your themes in, editing the .theme files with notepad++ takes a few seconds and your done.

December 24th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I can do it.

dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) cool. may i suggest that you don't include any themes in it. this way if it needs updating later for any reason it will be easier to do.

GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) do you think this is better done on a clean install of 10586? the reason i ask is from the time i put in my usb key to install windows till i have my last app installed it only takes about 5 hours.

dhjohns
December 24th, 2015, 02:29 PM
dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) cool. may i suggest that you don't include any themes in it. this way if it needs updating later for any reason it will be easier to do.So you just want folders renamed, ensure dlls are proper in system32, and restore point, along with the bypass patches?

Chris Massagee
December 24th, 2015, 02:58 PM
this is what i end up with after trying this method , uninstalled both UltraUXThemePatcher_3.0.4.exe and UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe

i have OldNewExplorer applied and set to the image post above

start is back is not seeing the new way as you can see in the image .

edit: I was able to get things working by reinstalling UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

dhjohns
December 24th, 2015, 03:12 PM
OK, I have everything working properly. As of this moment, I do not have the UXThemeSignatureBypass, but I DO have the UxStyle.exe installed. It seems as if the dll files in /Windows/System32 are not replaced properly. I do not have an all in one ready right now, but I got everything working in safe mode. You could give it a try in regular mode if you want. I deleted the themeui.dll.bak, uxinit.dll.bak, and uxtheme.dll.bak files. Then I ran THIS code as administrator. I named it as a .cmd file.
takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dllicacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll themeui.dll.bak
pause
takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll uxinit.dll.bak
pause
takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.dll.bak
pauseI put the pauses in to make sure everything was copied, and renamed correctly. Then I pasted the original files into the /Windows/System32 folder. Here they are if you do not have them. https://mega.nz/#!0YYihRDS!mWsuYod6eR4En6xh63aepca_jGY_LrjIWgTPxjsIE88 For some reason I had to restart twice, but I think that had to do with all my monitors not being recognized.

UsualSuspect
December 29th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Still i can't made it to work.. Can you post some screenshots with your files inside the resource folders?

Shemhamforash
December 29th, 2015, 05:25 PM
Still i can't made it to work.. Can you post some screenshots with your files inside the resource folders?

Sure, and welcome to VC UsualSuspect (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/273404-UsualSuspect).

djisamsu
January 2nd, 2016, 08:53 PM
Ok...thank's...now working perfectly

Leet1985
January 7th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I made all of the steps, the themes looks as it should but after the restart i had white and grey flicker and had to go back to a systemrestorepoint
what have i do wrong? :worried:

bibi
January 10th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Same here... Flashing screen after restart, as if i'd had installed an incompatible theme (did that once by mistake so i know what it looks like :P )

Have you figured it out yet, Leet1985?

tewie
January 10th, 2016, 06:25 PM
I made all of the steps, the themes looks as it should but after the restart i had white and grey flicker and had to go back to a systemrestorepoint
what have i do wrong? :worried:

Same Here.

Mr GRiM
January 10th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Honestly wish I could help you guys but I am not able to reproduce your results, for me this works perfectly, could you please tell me the steps you took and if you removed all previous patches?

bibi
January 11th, 2016, 12:14 PM
I just reinstalled windows, so there shouldn't be any patches leftover. But i noticed that my aero folder looks different than yours. I can't post a screenshot because I haven't posted enough on the forum yet. But I have 4 folders and 2 files in there. The folders are: de-DE, en-US, Shell and VSCache. The files are: aero. msstyles and aerolite. mssyles. Could the aero. msstyles file cause a problem?

Mr GRiM
January 11th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I just reinstalled windows, so there shouldn't be any patches leftover. But i noticed that my aero folder looks different than yours. I can't post a screenshot because I haven't posted enough on the forum yet. But I have 4 folders and 2 files in there. The folders are: de-DE, en-US, Shell and VSCache. The files are: aero. msstyles and aerolite. mssyles. Could the aero. msstyles file cause a problem?

No the aero.msstyles is meant to be there and the other folders are normal, the extra de-DE folder is just for German language, the aerolite.msstyles is meant to be renamed to aerolite.msstyles.bak though and you should have made a new folder for the themes to go in using the same name.

bibi
January 11th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I know, this is how the folder looks after a fresh windows install. Without any modification.

EDIT: I just thought my aero folder was unusual because I didn't see the same folders and files in the screenshot of your aero folder. I'll try again with the fresh install and make screenshots of everything in case it goes wrong again.
Thanks for helping!

Mystikum_23
January 11th, 2016, 08:23 PM
i had the problems to ... I :unhappy:

! Fresh Windows 10 TH2 without any Patches !

> C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero <

1. method
I rename the aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak and
let the few other files / Folders original,
using the UXStyle, and (for Example) the HUD TH2 Theme,
and use the edited .Theme files by Mr Grim, the Style is working. But after restart,
windows show the old aero style.
(white explorer window, etc)

2. method
I rename aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak and put the files / Folders
(de-DE, en-US, Shell,VSCache) in a backup folder, using the UXStyle and
the edited .Theme files by Mr Grim.
the Style works at first,
but after a restart the Screen flashing
72016 72017
This is a bad idea ;)

here theScreen with the de-DE Folder

Mr GRiM
January 11th, 2016, 10:20 PM
i had the problems to ... I :unhappy:

! Fresh Windows 10 TH2 without any Patches !

> C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero <

1. method
I rename the aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak and
let the few other files / Folders original,
using the UXStyle, and (for Example) the HUD TH2 Theme,
and use the edited .Theme files by Mr Grim, the Style is working. But after restart,
windows show the old aero style.
(white explorer window, etc)

2. method
I rename aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak and put the files / Folders
(de-DE, en-US, Shell,VSCache) in a backup folder, using the UXStyle and
the edited .Theme files by Mr Grim.
the Style works at first,
but after a restart the Screen flashing
72016 72017
This is a bad idea ;)

here theScreen with the de-DE Folder

No your doing it completely wrong, please read the original instructions.

The aero folder should not be altered in any way aside from renaming aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak, then create a new folder and name that folder aerolite.msstyles.

The .theme files do not go in the aero folder they go in the Themes folder as they have always done.

Only the Custom theme folders containing the msstyles go in the new folder you created called aerolite.msstyles, you need to think of the aerolite.msstyles folder as being the themes folder.

I have no idea where you got the idea to put all the contents of the aero folder in the aerolite.msstyles folder, this will definitely not be a good idea, the default aero.msstyles, shell folder and anything else that was in the aero folder need to stay exactly where they are.

Mystikum_23
January 12th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Mr Grim, can you post screenshots of all steps please?
and Perhaps a detailed step by step instruction?
Sorry, but i think thats not so easy to handle. :worried:

bibi
January 12th, 2016, 02:03 PM

Looks like my issue was that the .theme files from the themes I am using (from cleodesktop) are slightly different from yours. For example, the line Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\Penumbra 10\Penumbra 10.msstyles didn't change with replacing resources\themes with resources\themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles.
I checked all my .themes files manually to make sure all theme\my theme directories were changed correctly and now it works :)

Thank you Mr GRiM!!

Dark Knight
January 12th, 2016, 02:41 PM

Looks like my issue was that the .theme files from the themes I am using (from cleodesktop) are slightly different from yours. For example, the line Path=%ResourceDir%\Themes\Penumbra 10\Penumbra 10.msstyles didn't change with replacing resources\themes with resources\themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles.

Thank you Mr GRiM!!

Glad to hear you got it figured out, but as far as using themes from cleodesktop? I don't know if I would recommend that, personally, I wouldn't touch the site with a twenty foot stick.

bibi
January 12th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Glad to hear you got it figured out, but as far as using themes from cleodesktop? I don't know if I would recommend that, personally, I wouldn't touch the site with a twenty foot stick.

Oh, ok. Could you tell me why? I don't know much about programming or custom themes but as far as I can tell the themes (and icon packs) from cleodesktop work very well.

Dark Knight
January 12th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Oh, ok. Could you tell me why? I don't know much about programming or custom themes but as far as I can tell the themes (and icon packs) from cleodesktop work very well.

1.) cleodesktop is a popup garden, popups are a very good way to have adware or malware installed on your system if you are not protected properly.
2.) cleodesktop is not family friendly , there is a trove of images of scantily clad or nude women freely available for download.
3.) cleodesktop does not provide direct downloads, everything is served via download services but before you get to the download one must wade through the muck of sites such as adfly which in itself is not safe.
4.) many of the downloads at cleodesktop, cleowallpaper and cleotemplate lead absolutely nowhere or are dead.

If that is the way they choose to run their site then how can you trust the files you are downloading? Think about it, you are changing the complete look of your system by a .theme and .msstyle file, these files can easily be altered to install something you don't really want on your system without your knowledge.

Believe me, you don't want to download anything from there, stick with the themes found here and from artists on Deviant Art.

Mr GRiM
January 13th, 2016, 01:17 AM

Thank you Mr GRiM!!

Thanks for letting us know how you fixed your problem I have added your post in the instructions :smile:

January 13th, 2016, 12:30 PM
1.) cleodesktop is a popup garden, popups are a very good way to have adware or malware installed on your system if you are not protected properly.
2.) cleodesktop is not family friendly , there is a trove of images of scantily clad or nude women freely available for download.
3.) cleodesktop does not provide direct downloads, everything is served via download services but before you get to the download one must wade through the muck of sites such as adfly which in itself is not safe.
4.) many of the downloads at cleodesktop, cleowallpaper and cleotemplate lead absolutely nowhere or are dead.

If that is the way they choose to run their site then how can you trust the files you are downloading? Think about it, you are changing the complete look of your system by a .theme and .msstyle file, these files can easily be altered to install something you don't really want on your system without your knowledge.

Believe me, you don't want to download anything from there, stick with the themes found here and from artists on Deviant Art.

Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) is 100% correct EXCEPT for number 3. if you're old enough to be online you deal with adult content. this bullshit about family safe content from sites including virtualcustoms makes me laugh. here in the states we block kids from seeing nudity and have FAR more issues with our kids than countries that all their kids to see nudity do, but back on topic stay away from cleodesktop.

Dark Knight
January 13th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) is 100% correct EXCEPT for number 3. if you're old enough to be online you deal with adult content. this bullshit about family safe content from sites including virtualcustoms makes me laugh. here in the states we block kids from seeing nudity and have FAR more issues with our kids than countries that all their kids to see nudity do, but back on topic stay away from cleodesktop.

Thanks Nude Dude, I totally agree, I just put it up there because the prudish country we are, god forbid someone shows a little T&A everyone loses their friggin mind. I don't have a problem with the naked women on cleodesktop as much as I do with the friggin popups, I run a popup blocker along with a Hosts blocker and I STILL get them. Sites like that really need to be bombarded with a DOS attack.
But the nudity is not a problem with me, hell I design nude wallpapers for those who want them, and over half the screen caps I post here I have to go and change my walls before I do, otherwise half my screenshot posts would get removed! It also pays to have a wife who is comfortable with her own body and is not a prude.

EDIT - Before I get attacked by all the women here, there is a difference between not being a prude and being a **** (insert the word of your choice) ....... A BIG difference.

tewie
January 15th, 2016, 01:22 AM
Honestly wish I could help you guys but I am not able to reproduce your results, for me this works perfectly, could you please tell me the steps you took and if you removed all previous patches?

I managed to get this process working.

I had to completely return to default theme settings first. Using "sfc /scannow" and uninstalling UxStyle.
After a restart.

1. Install UxStyle
2. Follow your guide.
3. Restart

All good.

GreywolfsSpirit
January 20th, 2016, 03:29 PM
For some reason, I'm having issues when I switch themes, the start orb is not changing (I'm not sure if this is as a result of installing the Black_Theme_Windows_10_1511_th2 zip for designing my own themes or what (cant recall the author of it offhand, but it was a .cmd that installed the ability to create my own themes), but now all I get is a black windows logo start orb when I switch themes, and then the taskbar stays black until I manually go to startisback and change the visual style back and manually switch the orb. Any ideas if this is what is causing my issues, and if so, how can I go about removing the issue?
Thanks

dareaper
January 25th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Thanks for the share.

dareaper
January 25th, 2016, 02:14 AM
I installed uxstyle, but I didn't notice it did anything.I tried too rename folders too and It said I didn't have permission from trusted installer? How do I go about getting files patched and folders renamed?

Agelyk
January 25th, 2016, 04:16 AM
I installed uxstyle, but I didn't notice it did anything.I tried too rename folders too and It said I didn't have permission from trusted installer? How do I go about getting files patched and folders renamed?

first install it and you can rename system folders

dareaper
January 25th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Thanks for reply. I got the folders renamed, but not sure exactly where to put all the files for the theme. Also I couldn't get the folders for theme, how do I get those working?

Humonious
January 29th, 2016, 02:59 AM
After reading through this thread a million times I finally figured out exactly how to apply the custom themes using your method! Many thanks to all the people who had issues before I tried this so I was able to troubleshoot my way through everything.

Big thanks to Mr GRiM!!!

UsualSuspect
January 29th, 2016, 11:10 PM
I did all the steps and was ok till i try to switch to stock theme and was failure. I try to switch to contrast theme but nothing happened. I switch to HUD/JARVIS and other themes i had from here and was all good again.. After restart my pc was bricked. Any thoughts?

dhjohns
January 29th, 2016, 11:25 PM
I did all the steps and was ok till i try to switch to stock theme and was failure. I try to switch to contrast theme but nothing happened. I switch to HUD/JARVIS and other themes i had from here and was all good again.. After restart my pc was bricked. Any thoughts? I hope you had done a system restore point! That really saves my ass.

UsualSuspect
January 29th, 2016, 11:29 PM
I hope you had done a system restore point! That really saves my ass.

Yeap. But still i can't find the problem.. it's working so good but after restart i have this weird boot loop with white screen :P

dhjohns
January 29th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Yeap. But still i can't find the problem.. it's working so good but after restart i have this weird boot loop with white screen :PI would go back to ensure you did everything properly. I have screwed this up, too. But it will work. Perhaps trying the file replacements in safe mode, making sure you have proper ownerships, etc. Just go back over your work carefully, and step by step. Redownload all the files, start from scratch. Do not leave anything to chance. Start fresh.

UsualSuspect
January 29th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I would go back to ensure you did everything properly. I have screwed this up, too. But it will work. Perhaps trying the file replacements in safe mode, making sure you have proper ownerships, etc. Just go back over your work carefully, and step by step. Redownload all the files, start from scratch. Do not leave anything to chance. Start fresh.

i will try again later.. But tell me, if you switch to main theme (The stock one) it works ?

dhjohns
January 30th, 2016, 12:35 AM
i will try again later.. But tell me, if you switch to main theme (The stock one) it works ?Changing to a stock theme, if everything is working correctly will work. I install every different build of Windows 10 I can get my hands on, even leaked ones. I always change to default theme or Flowers or whatever, and disable Aeroglass before I update my build.

UsualSuspect
January 30th, 2016, 12:42 AM
Changing to a stock theme, if everything is working correctly will work. I install every different build of Windows 10 I can get my hands on, even leaked ones. I always change to default theme or Flowers or whatever, and disable Aeroglass before I update my build.

So, i did something wrong.. i will try it later and i will send you some screenshots if you dont mind. I want to be sure :)

Hadden
February 7th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Nice :) I'll take out uxtheme patcher and I'll do an sfc /scannow and try this :P
This integrated system will works also with folder band hiding too?

Shemhamforash
February 7th, 2016, 12:13 PM
This integrated system will works also with folder band hiding too?

It works, you need to use OldNewExplorer though.

Hadden
February 7th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Perfect, expecially as I use OldNewExplorer and the immortal shell32.dll hack in themes for hide the folder band =)

So this method could work with "plain" uxtheme (memory patch) and uxthemebypass.dll (dll reg injection). Am I right?

*edit*
Tried this new method :)
All themes "converted" works very well and seems the system is more reactive than using the patched rtm files (probably as they were "obsolete")

UsualSuspect
February 27th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Guys i have a weird problem 2 days now. Sometimes if i change theme, it's not working, nothing changed, i must restart my pc to make it work again.

i have something wrong?

TopGun
March 21st, 2016, 04:41 AM
I've installed UXStyles and oldnewexplorer. I can't uninstall UXstyles.
But when I apply these and the poison theme, file explorer, control panel,... stays white. The box in Personalize around the themes goes dark but has a white box around it.

What am I doing wrong?

Mr GRiM
March 21st, 2016, 06:23 AM
I've installed UXStyles and oldnewexplorer. I can't uninstall UXstyles.
But when I apply these and the poison theme, file explorer, control panel,... stays white. The box in Personalize around the themes goes dark but has a white box around it.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you followed all the instructions on the first post?

TopGun
March 22nd, 2016, 03:06 AM
I believe I did...

Gryffon
March 22nd, 2016, 09:51 PM
Thank You! :happy:

mcnaught82
April 1st, 2016, 06:58 AM
Hello, I followed your theme patcher tutorial. I have all the themes in the correct locations, and the path set on the themes pointing to the correct locations of the logo.png and the themes are still showing the black boxes. The themes work perfect but can't see any logos at all.
Did I install everything correctly? I put the 3 theme.dll files in the system32 folder and renamed the other 3 with .del. I installed OldNew explorer, and I installed Aero Glass 1.4.5 and put the symbols folders in the correct locations so I'm not getting the dwm error. I have the current version of Windows 10

Shemhamforash
April 1st, 2016, 11:44 AM
Hello, I followed your theme patcher tutorial. I have all the themes in the correct locations, and the path set on the themes pointing to the correct locations of the logo.png and the themes are still showing the black boxes. The themes work perfect but can't see any logos at all.
Did I install everything correctly? I put the 3 theme.dll files in the system32 folder and renamed the other 3 with .del. I installed OldNew explorer, and I installed Aero Glass 1.4.5 and put the symbols folders in the correct locations so I'm not getting the dwm error. I have the current version of Windows 10

First of all, where in this tutorial does it say to replace those three system files? You're not supposed to do that with this method, restore the original ones by removing the file name extension. You should also have only one line in your .theme file that's pointing to the logo.png, the rest should be pointing to where they were before, just modify part of the line to redirect to your folder you created. Those apps you mentioned have nothing to do with getting the themes to apply.

mcnaught82
April 1st, 2016, 03:08 PM
The theme signature bypass method that MrGrim posted in another thread. Before that method, none of the themes were applying. I also used the files that MrGrim uploaded here.

Shemhamforash
April 1st, 2016, 04:56 PM
The theme signature bypass method that MrGrim posted in another thread. Before that method, none of the themes were applying. I also used the files that MrGrim uploaded here.

You're referring to a different patching method and that's why you should undo those changes made to the system files.

mcnaught82
April 1st, 2016, 04:59 PM
First of all, where in this tutorial does it say to replace those three system files? You're not supposed to do that with this method, restore the original ones by removing the file name extension. You should also have only one line in your .theme file that's pointing to the logo.png, the rest should be pointing to where they were before, just modify part of the line to redirect to your folder you created. Those apps you mentioned have nothing to do with getting the themes to apply.

You're referring to a different patching method and that's why you should undo those changes made to the system files.

Ok. When I get home on sunday, I'll try that and see if it works. Thank you

Nimbi
April 1st, 2016, 11:01 PM
I believe I did...

I see what went wrong [i think] The terms My Theme and My Theme.msstyles are wrong in your screenshot. The my theme one is suppose to be the theme folder itself, and the mytheme.msstyles is the theme's msstyles, not a folder. I had a similar issue when I first tried the UxStyle method on TH2. For the themes you have in it in your screenshot try this instead

For each different theme place the actual theme folder into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero\Aerolite.msstyles

then place the .theme file into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

Shemhamforash
April 1st, 2016, 11:19 PM
Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) you are right about what went wrong. "My theme" was an example used for the name of a theme folder.
TopGun (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/291280-TopGun) check these screens for a reference of how your folders should look:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71843&d=1451413496 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71843&d=1451413496)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71844&d=1451413504 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71844&d=1451413504)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71845&d=1451413515 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71845&d=1451413515)

MeggaMortY
April 5th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Hello people,

Just found out about this approach towards having a nice theme on Windows, I know I'm quite late so jokes aside, I really need such a thing on my PC -- the themes are GORGEOUS!!!

Sadly like I said, I am a total noob and can't beging to understand how to do this properly. I have already bricked my PC around five times yesterday trying to get this to work over UXStyle and the UXThemePatcher methods and I think I will need some step by step, for beginners guidance, since the most I get out of both methods without bricking things up is the sound effects, the Background Wallpaper, cursor and fonts, which I think are still somewhat messed up since I tried reading a txt file and besides the blue font, the cursor was kind of the same color, e.g. not seeable.

So I would really really appreciate some assistance, so be it on PM or here, on how to this from complete scratch. I can also see that most of the people here are in a way professionals and they have my full understanding in case they don't want to waste their time with that.

Thanks in advance!

Branimir

mcnaught82
April 6th, 2016, 01:41 AM

I did what you said and removed the other changes I did to the system files. And it worked. Thank you

nicely
April 12th, 2016, 04:16 AM
uxtyle stoped work on rs1 14316 build? or style hack's not fixing more? :crying:

Agelyk
April 12th, 2016, 04:25 AM
uxtyle stoped work on rs1 14316 build? or style hack's not compactible more? :crying:

if it does not work with "UxStyle" test using UxTheme Patcher

nicely
April 12th, 2016, 05:16 AM
uxtheme patcher not work since 10586.164 build

Mr GRiM
April 12th, 2016, 05:28 AM
uxtyle stoped work on rs1 14316 build? or style hack's not fixing more? :crying:

You don't need to use any hacks on the RS1 builds, Uxstyle works normally with themes in the Theme folder, this hack is only needed on TH2, also note the TH2 and earlier themes will not work on RS1 without being updated and imported to RS1.

nicely
April 12th, 2016, 05:52 AM
i tried to import style th2 to rs1 14316.1000 version or 8 to rs1 and rtm to rs1, with normal method in theme folder themes not aplying. :(

Shemhamforash
April 13th, 2016, 08:08 PM
i tried to import style th2 to rs1 14316.1000 version or 8 to rs1 and rtm to rs1, with normal method in theme folder themes not aplying. :(

I'm facing the same problem importing themes to anniversary update using the custom import scripts. However, it's definitely not an issue with theme signature bypass or uxstyle on the insider preview. You can see for yourself by applying these two Black Edition themes for RS1 http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70819-RS1-Thesmes/page2?p=310960&viewfull=1#post310960

nicely
April 13th, 2016, 08:28 PM
I'm facing the same problem importing themes to anniversary update using the custom import scripts. However, it's definitely not an issue with theme signature bypass or uxstyle on the insider preview. You can see for yourself by applying these two Black Edition themes for RS1 http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70819-RS1-Thesmes/page2?p=310960&viewfull=1#post310960

so we need to check then where is the problem in rs1 msstyles and make a new script. ty

Shemhamforash
April 13th, 2016, 08:40 PM
so we need to check then where is the problem in rs1 msstyles and make a new script. ty

I informed Grim a while back that they weren't working for me and then he imported Case Labs and said they were working for him fine so at this point I'll just wait and see. Reference this post: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70828-Custom-Class-Maps-and-Import-Scripts-for-Windows-10-TH2-RS1/page6?p=312095&viewfull=1#post312095

It would not be wise to release themes for anniversary update yet from my viewpoint since we don't know what the final build will change in the .msstyles come July (or later) when it's supposed to be released, hopefully the custom import scripts will be sorted out by then. There's also the issue of ONE not applying the custom UI files besides the details pane on the bottom of explorer, so currently parts of control panel are not themeable either. Tihiy has released one new version but it only works for hiding the ribbon and showing the details pane.

Mehdroid
April 15th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Thank you for the guide! It didnt work the first time around and it may or may not have been because I forgot to save any of the edited themes....before testing. Besides my forgetfulness, works well. :)

Chaos_Therum
April 21st, 2016, 09:44 AM
So I'm having trouble. I ran a sfc to remove any patched files then I renamed aerolite . msstyles created a folder dropped my folder containing msstyles in it then I grabbed your pack of edited themes placed those in the top level themes folder. Installed uxstyle and restarted and the themes are not loading, the wallpapers load but not the theme itself.

chenzen666
April 21st, 2016, 08:42 PM
i seem to be having a problem

i have made the new folder /renamed file to .bak

copied your edited msstyles to new folder and selected orange but all i get is wallparer but all screens are white have used the reg file still no joy

any ideas ?
OS = win 10586.218

Shemhamforash
April 21st, 2016, 08:54 PM
i seem to be having a problem

i have made the new folder /renamed file to .bak

copied your edited msstyles to new folder and selected orange but all i get is wallparer but all screens are white have used the reg file still no joy

any ideas ?
OS = win 10586.218

You haven't followed the instructions correctly and the folders aren't right. Reread the instructions and try again.

Here's how your folders should look

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71843&d=1451413496 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71843&d=1451413496)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71844&d=1451413504 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71844&d=1451413504)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71845&d=1451413515 (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71845&d=1451413515)

chenzen666
April 21st, 2016, 09:46 PM
thank you i finally got it ...lol

nicely
April 25th, 2016, 10:43 PM
its only me or all have that issue, uxstyle work perfectly but after relog system if i go and try to change theme not working i need to reinstall uxstyle to get it work

TH2 10586.218 version

ctugt
May 1st, 2016, 12:25 PM
Hi do i need this uxstyle patcher?
i followed up youre guide

1. Rename the default C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles to aerolite.msstyles.bak
2. Make a new folder in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\ called aerolite.msstyles
3. Put your theme in the aerolite.msstyles folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles\My Theme\My Theme.msstyles
4. Make sure your .theme file uses this new directory.
5. Select your theme from the personalization menu.

but i cannot get it to work like youre theme pictures, i believe this is poisen,... could you please help me with some teamviewer support?

Thank You

ctugt
May 1st, 2016, 02:49 PM
I have clean windows install with latest update version 1511 10586.
i installed UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.

I followed youre guide for the manual paths..
as you can see some things are patched. mouse cursor also works.

but explorer is not red like youre poisen theme from zip here
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70437-Poison-Windows-10-TH2-AKA-1511-AKA-10586-Only%21%21/page5

but *.bak shows no msstyles icon..
plesae help trying to much hours today.

Thank You, Great Theme!

EDIT: Got it working

i had to reboot twice, after i clicked open
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Poisen.theme

damn look good!

EDIT:

Still some white here and there, any ideas?

Shemhamforash
May 1st, 2016, 03:06 PM
I have clean windows install with latest update version 1511 10586.
i installed UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.

I followed youre guide for the manual paths..
as you can see some things are patched. mouse cursor also works.

but explorer is not red like youre poisen theme from zip here
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70437-Poison-Windows-10-TH2-AKA-1511-AKA-10586-Only%21%21/page5

but *.bak shows no msstyles icon..
plesae help trying to much hours today.

Thank You, Great Theme!

EDIT: Got it working

i had to reboot twice, after i clicked open
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Poisen.theme

damn look good!

EDIT:

Still some white here and there, any ideas?

You will get an incompatibility message with Aero Glass but you can just ignore it. Extract the folder "symbols" into your AeroGlass directory after installing version 1.4.5 from the Aero Glass website and reboot and it should be working properly.

Set your OldNewExplorer settings like this:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=70715&stc=1

And in StartisBack, open the preferences window and select the start menu, select the Orb, hide user account picture and hit apply to get the themed taskbar and start menu.

ctugt
May 1st, 2016, 08:23 PM
Thank you much! working now, left the startisback cause i like win 10 tiles!

You will get an incompatibility message with Aero Glass but you can just ignore it. Extract the folder "symbols" into your AeroGlass directory after installing version 1.4.5 from the Aero Glass website and reboot and it should be working properly.

Do you mean the boot error?
And do we need Uxstyle?

i have winver 10586.218. when i installed this time my pc start to do crazy, mouse click stopped working, slow login etc.. i endit up in a clean install. so please tell me what to use which path or if i even need one

also i always tend to install my application under program files, aeroblack goes to root of C drive, did you know that only when its under the root of c its auto downloads the symbol folder? if i install it in program files, its no downloading the symbol folder at all. Maybe you should put this info under the OP

May 6th, 2016, 11:53 AM
also i always tend to install my application under program files, aeroblack goes to root of C drive, did you know that only when its under the root of c its auto downloads the symbol folder? if i install it in program files, its no downloading the symbol folder at all. Maybe you should put this info under the OP

aeroglass and oldnewexplorer should ONLY be placed in c and NO subfolder. as for aeroglass not updating where you put it that either done deliberately by the author and should never been made that way, or you just ran into an odd bug.

swallis7
May 23rd, 2016, 03:30 AM
Where can I find the "replace tool" you show in your screenshot?

freak69ize
May 23rd, 2016, 07:47 AM
Where can I find the "replace tool" you show in your screenshot?

Its under " Search " about a quarter of the way down

swallis7
May 23rd, 2016, 05:27 PM
I hate to sound like the village idiot, but I have looked everywhere for that cool looking "replace tool" and still can't find it. I have looked below the Search box, I have done many searches for it, I have looked through the Files / Utilities etc etc and still can't find it.

Shemhamforash
May 23rd, 2016, 05:31 PM
I hate to sound like the village idiot, but I have looked everywhere for that cool looking "replace tool" and still can't find it. I have looked below the Search box, I have done many searches for it, I have looked through the Files / Utilities etc etc and still can't find it.

In Notepad++ ctrl+h

malim
May 27th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Hi guys, I'm on 14342, will this method work?

Works
June 8th, 2016, 05:04 PM
New, and a bit confused. Using the bypass method, I was good up until the warning in red about the TH2 themes. Right after that are 2 blue links . Is UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview required? Just trying to set up Poison on TH2.

Works
June 8th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Post 2 - It won't let me post my whole comment. Says it has links, which it does not.

Poisoned-talent-
June 8th, 2016, 10:28 PM
For some reason I can't get this method to work out..

The scenario that I am having is this. I go through rename the aerolite.msstyles to add a .bak to it and set up the themes like they should (changing the directory info inside each .theme file and putting everything in correct directories) plus patch up things with uxstyles things are working like they should so far and going in and changing themes works correctly and they show up like they should in the customization menu, but upon restarting my system and it going through the normal boot process it starts doing that black/grey flashing meaning that something is messed up. now if I go into repair mode and go through and change aerolite.msstyles.bak back to just normal aerolite.msstyles and restart my computer again everything is back to working order except my themes are of course gone because I had to delete the folder that contained my custom themes as well as my theme going back to the normal windows theme..

Now if I go back in again and change the aerolite.msstyles to add a .bak to it again and re-add my themes it pretty much repeats the same problem all over again once restarting my computer.. I'm on build 1511 aka 10586 which as stated in the title of this thread that it works for this build so I'm at a complete loss on what is going on here. Can anyone please help me out??

Mr GRiM
June 8th, 2016, 10:41 PM
For some reason I can't get this method to work out..

The scenario that I am having is this. I go through rename the aerolite.msstyles to add a .bak to it and set up the themes like they should (changing the directory info inside each .theme file and putting everything in correct directories) plus patch up things with uxstyles things are working like they should so far and going in and changing themes works correctly and they show up like they should in the customization menu, but upon restarting my system and it going through the normal boot process it starts doing that black/grey flashing meaning that something is messed up. now if I go into repair mode and go through and change aerolite.msstyles.bak back to just normal aerolite.msstyles and restart my computer again everything is back to working order except my themes are of course gone because I had to delete the folder that contained my custom themes as well as my theme going back to the normal windows theme..

Now if I go back in again and change the aerolite.msstyles to add a .bak to it again and re-add my themes it pretty much repeats the same problem all over again once restarting my computer.. I'm on build 1511 aka 10586 which as stated in the title of this thread that it works for this build so I'm at a complete loss on what is going on here. Can anyone please help me out??

Looks like your doing it all correctly and it should be working, however your not the first to have problems with this method and unfortunately I don't have a solution or a reason as to why, tbh your probably best to wait for RS1 to be released in a couple of weeks as all th2 themes and this method will become obsolete.

I'm sure most themers including myself already have RS1 themes updated and ready to go for the new release and there is no need to use these hacks with RS1, you can use the standard patching and Uxstyle methods in RS1.

Poisoned-talent-
June 8th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Looks like your doing it all correctly and it should be working, however your not the first to have problems with this method and unfortunately I don't have a solution or a reason as to why, tbh your probably best to wait for RS1 to be released in a couple of weeks as all th2 themes and this method will become obsolete.

I'm sure most themers including myself already have RS1 themes updated and ready to go for the new release and there is no need to use these hacks with RS1, you can use the standard patching and Uxstyle methods in RS1.

Oh didn't even know RS1 was even getting close to release date, goes to show how much I follow release date info for windows 10 stuff >.< anyways yea I guess it would be true that this method and all th2 themes will stop working once RS1 is released. Hoping some cool themes come out for RS1 (especially some cool dark themes as that's one of my big favs for themeing) am glad to see you have already got some RS1 themes updated and ready to go as well since I do like some of your themes :D

Works
June 9th, 2016, 02:00 PM
MrGRiM will you please put out a set of "complete" instructions for installing Poison on RS1. Starting with a clean unpatched system and finishing with a "red" box? Please include any extra bits like UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview or OldNewExplorer.rar. The six steps in the bypass for the current release seemed to not tell the entire story.

Dark Knight
June 9th, 2016, 08:38 PM
With all the questions lately about installation instructions, UxStyle, and UxTheme Signature Bypass and all the other theme installation tools, I think It would be helpful to those who do not completely understand because a lot of threads have bits and pieces about installation and the two different types of installation if we could make a separate thread and sticky it to the main forum page so all installation instructions are in one spot and easy to find . It gets a little repetitive answering the same questions over and over.

HOPEFULLY, those instructions will not change after the July Update :Afraid:

Works
June 9th, 2016, 08:44 PM
My vote would be for a how to video on youtube showing the complete process from start to finish. Seeing really helps me.

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Definitely going to be easier when the RS1 update arrives in regards to patching. The one thing I've always thought was that it's pretty close to installing themes on 8.1, and there's already a detailed thread the only real difference would be version numbers. In the RS1 update you can just install either UxStyle or ThemeSignatureBypass and it will work. Either seperate tool can be used on its own to allow running custom themes, without any need of changing any of the Theme folder locations, just install the themes in their normal location like on 7/8.1. So having one thread with both RS1 and TH2 in it would be confusing in a way. I've always thought these instructions were applicable (besides the abnormal patching in TH2)

:Grim: Dear Virtual Customs community :Grim:

since few people ask me about it, in this thread i'm gonna explain order of installing customization applications on your fresh installed Windows 10 RS1 OS,
also what default custom settings you should use, so all themes works the way they are displayed on my imported theme threads!

Before we start, make sure that you:

- install all drivers you need for your PC or laptop (specially display drivers),
- update your Windows via Windows update and get all latest updates (just in case),
- run default Windows Aero Theme,
-turn off or disable User Account Control (like on picture below) and later restart your PC/laptop.

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67903&d=1402570876

After all this follow instructions below, let's start clean!

1 UXStyle 0.2.4.2 or up!
(http://uxstyle.com/)

- After you download it from link above, simply right click on downloaded file and run it as Administrator.
- During the installation window of this application you need to check that you agree installing it on your PC,
so simply check that and click next and install application (if application request, restart your PC).
IMPORTANT: If you update your PC with Windows Updates regularly, then this is customization application for you, why?
Cause every time you install any new update from Windows update you don't need to uninstall this application,
it wont damage your PC (black start up screen, cutted display monitor picture etc.)!

2. OldNewExplorer 1.1.8 or up!
(http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one)

- After you download this application, extract it from archive to new folder on your desktop, rename it to ''OldNewExplorer''.
- Now i recommend that you move that renamed OldNewExplorer folder to C:\Program Files\OldNewExplorer (the way it looks on the picture below).
- After you move it to following path, right click on OldNewExplorerCfg.exe and run it as Administrator and use custom settings displayed on picture below and then click Install, then close application!
- If changes don't apply right away, then sign out or restart your OS to take effect!

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=69783&d=1428667679

3. AeroGlass 1.4.5 or up!
(http://www.glass8.eu (http://www.glass8.eu/))

- After you download this application, right click on it and run it as Administrator.
- During the installation window of this application only thing that is VERY IMPORTANT,
that on following step of installation window (preview picture) you UNCHECK those 2 areas.
- After you uncheck that 2 settings, simply click next, agree and install application (if application request restart your PC),
later you don't need to setup anything for this application!

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67899&d=1402568049

UPDATE: If some of you experience DWM startup popup error on your Windows 10 OS,
extract this into your Aero Glass instalation directory after installation and restart OS to take effects!

SYMBOLS PACK:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73951&d=1465505811

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=68652&d=1410895895

4. StartIsBack++ 1.2.1 or up!
(http://startisback.com/#download-tab)

- After you download this application, right click on it and run it as Administrator.
- During the installation window of this application only thing that i recommend is to install it for all users on your PC or laptop.
- After you check that setting, simply click next, agree and install application (if application request restart your PC).
- How to set it up? I try to explain it in details from preview picture below!

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67898&d=1402566004

- On left side you have 5 Tabs.
- Start Menu, Switching and Advanced tabs i leave up to you to customized the way you like!
- After you customized those 3 tabs, go to Appearance tab.
- When you load your custom theme on your OS, usually always the first left start menu (red circle on picture),
is your custom theme menu, click ones on that menu and click apply then OK, and your custom menu will load with your custom theme!
- Usually on first start StartIsBack+ offers his default start menu (yellow circle on picture) so if you don't want to use custom start menu,
you can switch to default ones any time, by clicking on then and apply them!
- To use custom Start Orbs first you need to do is go to ''Add'' button (Green circle on picture) and navigate to:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\THEMENAME (you currently use)\Start Orb or Explorer.exe directory,
(usually here are located custom start orbs from themes you apply), choose one you like and click Add.
- After you add it to StartIsBack+ your custom start orb should appear in application (blue circle on picture),
click ones on that custom start orb and click Apply then OK!

5. Black Glass Enhanced 0.5 or up!
(http://www.deviantart.com/download/156752713/Black_Glass_Enhanced_v0_5_by_curiouso9.7z?token=feba573ab29ce632413d60402d7622782f82dc48&ts=1402570506)

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67900&d=1402569377

- If you prefer to have transparent Windows (like on preview picture) i recommend this small application by curious9.
- After you download this application, extract it from archive to new folder on your desktop, rename it to ''Black Glass Enhanced 0.5''.
- Now i recommend that you move that renamed folder to C:\Program Files\Black Glass Enhanced 0.5 (the way it looks on the picture).
- After you move it to following path, right click on BlackGlassEnhanced.exe and run it as Administrator, if small application don't appear like on picture above,
go to your system nortification area and right click on it and click Options (like on picture below)!

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67901&d=1402569591

- If you want that this application start up with your windows simply click on Enable Button in application window!
- You can add transparent into other areas also, simply type application name and it will make it transparent ex. notepad.exe!

6. FONTS

- Some themes use custom fonts (not default ones you get with your OS),
if you don't install it manually, your theme wont look the same as on previews in theme threads.
- To install fonts, first you need to find them either in downloaded theme extras folder or within Theme folder in Fonts folder.
- When you navigate to Fonts folder you can install them in 2 ways:
- Either right-click on every font file and click Install,
- Or you can open Fonts Window under Control Panel and using drag and drop method drop all font's files into open Fonts Window.
- After installing fonts on your OS, if theme don't load with custom fonts,
either sign out or restart your OS to take effects!

:Grim: If i miss anything or if you still have any questions feel free to ask, also check if your question is already answered in comments section! :Grim:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=67902&d=1402570226

Really the only difference would be to add abnormal steps to patch in TH2 (creating folders in Themes location, covered in this very thread or patching RTM build files "UxThemePatcher")

Works
June 9th, 2016, 09:28 PM
So if I'm following this, even though it's talking about 8.1, it should be the procedure for Win 10 RS1. Thanks so much for putting this out. I think now I wait for Redstone 1 to deploy.

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 10:33 PM
So if I'm following this, even though it's talking about 8.1, it should be the procedure for Win 10 RS1. Thanks so much for putting this out. I think now I wait for Redstone 1 to deploy.

Yeah I went through the version numbers and changed them to ones that would be used for Windows 10. I'll edit out any parts that say Windows 8.1, yes this would be your procedure for installing themes on RS1.

Theme Signature Bypass could be used in replace of UxStyle as well.

June 10th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Looks like your doing it all correctly and it should be working, however your not the first to have problems with this method and unfortunately I don't have a solution or a reason as to why, tbh your probably best to wait for RS1 to be released in a couple of weeks as all th2 themes and this method will become obsolete.I'm sure most themers including myself already have RS1 themes updated and ready to go for the new release and there is no need to use these hacks with RS1, you can use the standard patching and Uxstyle methods in RS1.

well grim that explains a lot. cause i checked and rechecked as well as having someone else recheck what i was doing and neither one of could find anything wrong.

n1h1l1sT
August 19th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Having custom skins seems to no LONGER work on Windows 10 Anniversary Update with this method, but nor does uxstyle's method (https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle/issues/33)

This should be corroborated by more people to assure that it isn't a localised problem on my part, but I thought it's worth mentioning

P.S. It happened to me when I tried to change the skin I had already applied, which could also be an indicator.
What I mean is this:
1) I had the HUD skin applied upon first installing Windows 10 Anniversary edition (everything worked like a charm)
2) Some updates got installed
3) I decided to change the skin to Jarvis
4) I found out that I couldn't anymore - nor could I go back to the HUD skin with either of the 2 methods

August 19th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Having custom skins seems to no LONGER work on Windows 10 Anniversary Update with this method, but nor does uxstyle's method (https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle/issues/33)

This should be corroborated by more people to assure that it isn't a localised problem on my part, but I thought it's worth mentioning

P.S. It happened to me when I tried to change the skin I had already applied, which could also be an indicator.
What I mean is this:
1) I had the HUD skin applied upon first installing Windows 10 Anniversary edition (everything worked like a charm)
2) Some updates got installed
3) I decided to change the skin to Jarvis
4) I found out that I couldn't anymore - nor could I go back to the HUD skin with either of the 2 methods

you really need to read the first post cause this is ONLY for 10586 NOT 14393 or newer, and the first post states that. grim does have a thread for using custom themes with 14393 aka anniversary release.

n1h1l1sT
August 19th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Oh, I thought that the windows version number wouldn't matter for this.
It's not not that I failed to read it, it's that I failed to comprehend its importance.

Could you please link me to the new way to try it? Cuz uxstyle really won't work for me anymore

August 19th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Oh, I thought that the windows version number wouldn't matter for this.
It's not not that I failed to read it, it's that I failed to comprehend its importance.

Could you please link me to the new way to try it? Cuz uxstyle really won't work for me anymore

here you go. just holler if you need further assistance. i also included the link to dhjohns all-in-one-installer

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72488-Installing-themes-on-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-1607-Build-14393-10-Redstone-One

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller?highlight=installer

TheArkive
January 30th, 2020, 11:51 PM
I recently tried to set up Theme Signature Bypasser, and I tried to follow the instructions in the OP, but I need to manually take ownership of the aero folder. Is this normal now? Or is this no longer a good method to use?

I'm running Win 10 1909.

Melrose@Jims
May 5th, 2020, 03:32 PM
thank you so much