PDA

View Full Version : Question about the EnableBlurBehind Reg code in Windows 10 TH2

Nimbi
January 10th, 2016, 02:53 AM
Hello, I found a registry hack on tenforums from before the November Update and would like to know if it works in Windows 10 TH2 as well. The registry hack is as follows:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize\EnableBlurBehind"

Basically the post I found in tenforums mentions that when set to 0 it can remove the blur from the start menu, taskbar, action center, etc glassy appearance. But it doesn't say whether or not it still works. It claims to have been originally created for Builds 10074 and later, but I'm curious as to whether it was broken in the November Update or if it still works. Can someone please let me know if it still works in Windows 10 TH2 (aka v1511)?

freak69ize
January 10th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Hello, I found a registry hack on tenforums from before the November Update and would like to know if it works in Windows 10 TH2 as well. The registry hack is as follows:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize\EnableBlurBehind"

Basically the post I found in tenforums mentions that when set to 0 it can remove the blur from the start menu, taskbar, action center, etc glassy appearance. But it doesn't say whether or not it still works. It claims to have been originally created for Builds 10074 and later, but I'm curious as to whether it was broken in the November Update or if it still works. Can someone please let me know if it still works in Windows 10 TH2 (aka v1511)?

Make a restore point or system image and try mate. Someone always has to be the first one to try something.... just make a back up

Nimbi
January 10th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Make a restore point or system image and try mate. Someone always has to be the first one to try something.... just make a back up

Ya, I tested it. It had no effect at all, lol.