PDA

View Full Version : Problems with taskbar not being customized?

MatG-DK
January 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
When i use HUD Evolution for Win 8.1 or any other theme for that matter (Toxic, Hud Red, HUD Launch)
the taskbar don't get it right (look at image)
On my fully updated Win 8.1 machine i have installed:

OldNewExplorer 1.1.7
Aeroglass 1.4.5.520
StartIsBack+ 1.7.5
UxStyle 0.2.3.0
UltraUXThemePatcher 3.0.0.1

Why does it not look like this?:

freak69ize
January 15th, 2016, 03:06 PM
When i use HUD Evolution for Win 8.1 or any other theme for that matter (Toxic, Hud Red, HUD Launch)
the taskbar don't get it right (look at image)
On my fully updated Win 8.1 machine i have installed:

OldNewExplorer 1.1.7
Aeroglass 1.4.5.520
StartIsBack+ 1.7.5
UxStyle 0.2.3.0
UltraUXThemePatcher 3.0.0.1

Why does it not look like this?:

Because you have taskbar buttons set to never combine.

Right click taskbar
click properties
next to taskbar buttons click drop down menu.. always combine.. then apply

MatG-DK
January 15th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Because you have taskbar buttons set to never combine.

Right click taskbar
click properties
next to taskbar buttons click drop down menu.. always combine.. then apply

Thank you, that i was not aware of :ashamed:

Another question then:
Why is there so little space from Start Orb to first icon?

Shemhamforash
January 15th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Thank you, that i was not aware of :ashamed:

Another question then:
Why is there so little space from Start Orb to first icon?

From Mr GRiM's thread "Re: Neon Theme for Windows 7" Link: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27552-Re-Neon-Theme-for-Windows-7
To have your taskbar centered like in the image above.

All you need to do is unlock the taskbar and right click on it go to toolbars/add new, and them make a new folder somewhere and call it blank for example, then select that folder for your new toolbar.

You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position.

Once you have it where you want lock the taskbar again (note that it move a little when you lock the taskbar so some fine tuning may be needed), and now you have a centered Taskbar.

If you like you can also make the blank folder hidden to remove it from view.

MatG-DK
January 15th, 2016, 06:56 PM
From Mr GRiM's thread "Re: Neon Theme for Windows 7" Link: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/27552-Re-Neon-Theme-for-Windows-7
To have your taskbar centered like in the image above.

All you need to do is unlock the taskbar and right click on it go to toolbars/add new, and them make a new folder somewhere and call it blank for example, then select that folder for your new toolbar.

You then need to right click on the new toolbar and select view text/title and deselect those 2 options now repeat all those steps(you can use the same blank folder again) and place the blank toolbars on either side of your main Taskbar group and slide the taskbar to a central position.

Once you have it where you want lock the taskbar again (note that it move a little when you lock the taskbar so some fine tuning may be needed), and now you have a centered Taskbar.

If you like you can also make the blank folder hidden to remove it from view.

Ahhh, that was a nice little trick :peace: :Smile:

Big thanks. Had some problems moving the "new toolbar" to the left side of taskbar, but i got it now..

Looks way better now !!!

:greedy:

Shemhamforash
January 15th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Ahhh, that was a nice little trick :peace: :Smile:

Big thanks. Had some problems moving the "new toolbar" to the left side of taskbar, but i got it now..

Looks way better now !!!

:greedy:

I'll tell you what I do to stop fighting with getting the new toolbar to go over to the left side and shift application's icons. I always bump my taskbar up to twice the size. When the taskbar is "unlocked" hover over the top pixel and wait for your cursor to change to the vertical resize and click and drag up. When you're finished managing which taskbar is going where and have your sizes set the way you want on either side, bump the taskbar back down to it's normal size where you have the custom themed background and lock the taskbar.

swill
January 16th, 2016, 01:03 PM
thats 2 funny, sometymes i get it on the first shot after fresh install n other tymes its a hooker n wont play with me at all, i put 1 icon n its like im playn agario, lol, been doin it since windows 7 n lord nows how many tymes i had a fresh install