PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with UxThemeSignatureBypass Tool on Windows 10 TH2

Nimbi
January 19th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Hello, I'm trying to test the UxThemeSignatureBypass tool on Windows 10 TH2 so I can see if it will work without disabling my display driver like UxStyle does. But I can't remember how to apply it. Can someone please give me instructions on how to apply it?

---EDIT---

I found the instructions on glass8.eu, however it doesn't explain how it should be typed into the AppInit_DLLs. Here is how I currently have it typed in. Please let me know if i need to change it before i restart my pc.

C:\AeroGlass\DWMGlass.dll,C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll,C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll,C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll

Hadden
January 31st, 2016, 11:17 PM
In my system (x64) is set in this way

At the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
the value is

AppInit_DLLs = C:\Aero\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll; C:\Aero\ModernFrame.dll (REG_SZ value)

At the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
is

AppInit_DLLs = C:\Aero\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll; C:\Aero\ModernFrame.dll

You should inject the uxtheme and then the modernframe, otherwise couldn't work ;)
DWMGlass shouldn't be injected manually (ensure you have latest version for your system), then reboot and should work.
Modernframe is for glass on metro apps only and work only with secure boot off (in case you are on uefi bios).
You should also reinstall aeroglass in C:\Aero as "long names" folder has problems (I had in c:\aeroglass\ too and didn't work).

TheArkive
January 30th, 2020, 05:20 PM
EDIT: I found the post on MSFN by BigMuscle, and a post here by MrGrim about how to install with reg entry for DLL injection. I have all that setup. I can get the DLL registered...

I tried to change the aero theme, and rename files, but it's owned by TrustedInstaller. Am I supposed to take full ownership of it? Or is this a new wrench thrown in by Micro$soft?

EDIT 2: I guess I've done enough research now that I understand how it's supposed to be setup, and how it works, but I'm wondering if anyone has been able to do this recently? With windows 10 1903/1909?

I'm on 1909...