PDA

View Full Version : UXThemePatcher For Windows 10 Version 1511, 10586

hamed
February 2nd, 2016, 07:31 PM
This uxtheme patcher is easy and auto so you just need to download and install it, then restart your OS and enjoy new themes!
Here is the UXThemePatcher For Windows 10 November Update 10586 aka 1511 also known as TH2 Release or Autumn Update:

https://i0.wp.com/downloadpack.net/skin_pack/uxtheme/uxthemepatcher10.png (https://i0.wp.com/downloadpack.net/skin_pack/uxtheme/uxthemepatcher10.png)

Support: Windows 10 November Update Version 1511, 10586 ,10586.35 ,10586.36 ,10586.71 – Windows 10 RTM Version 10240

Download (https://skinpacks.com/uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10-version-1511-10586/)

This patcher is not going make older themes work on TH2 nor will TH2 themes work on RS1, doing so will result in a white flashing screen and will require restoring or reinstalling your OS.

Windows 10 RTM, TH2 and RS1 all require themes made on those specific builds, there is no possible way to use any themes from other major builds.

This patching method is exactly the same as the Cleodesktop patching method but now comes with an installer, it does not patch the files from Th2 it is using the patched files from the RTM build.

RS1 doesn't have the same problems as Th2, patchers should work again properly and Uxstyle also works perfectly again.

UsualSuspect
February 2nd, 2016, 07:39 PM
This uxtheme patcher is easy and auto so you just need to download and install it, then restart your OS and enjoy new themes!
Here is the UXThemePatcher For Windows 10 November Update 10586 aka 1511 also known as TH2 Release or Autumn Update:
https://i0.wp.com/downloadpack.net/skin_pack/uxtheme/uxthemepatcher10.png (https://i0.wp.com/downloadpack.net/skin_pack/uxtheme/uxthemepatcher10.png)
Support: Windows 10 November Update Version 1511, 10586 ,10586.35 ,10586.36 – Windows 10 RTM Version 10240
Download (http://hs1987.deviantart.com/art/UXThemePatcher-For-Windows-10-Version-1511-10586-588288175)

Signatures are working ?

hamed
February 2nd, 2016, 07:43 PM
Signatures are working ?
i dont test the signatures, can you test it and tell me if its work?!

UsualSuspect
February 2nd, 2016, 07:56 PM
i dont test the signatures, can you test it and tell me if its work?!

not working :P

Shemhamforash
February 3rd, 2016, 01:38 AM
Good work Hamed. :tu:
I tested it on a clean install and unfortunately it has the same problem as the cleo desktop manual patching method and dhjohn's all-in-one installer method.
No previews in control panel personalization pane:

BTW, all the page redirects from the download link are annoying. It'd be simpler to either link to your website or upload it here.

hamed
February 3rd, 2016, 08:24 AM
I tested it on a clean install and unfortunately it has the same problem as the cleo desktop manual patching method and dhjohn's all-in-one installer method.

BTW, all the page redirects from the download link are annoying. It'd be simpler to either link to your website or upload it here.
link changed, i will try to fix personalization pane, thanks for report

February 3rd, 2016, 12:40 PM

hey you won't get previews any way you patch unless you use grims one method, so not getting previews has nothing to do with dhjohns or anyone else way of patching the system.

Shemhamforash
February 3rd, 2016, 07:34 PM
hey you won't get previews any way you patch unless you use grims one method, so not getting previews has nothing to do with dhjohns or anyone else way of patching the system.

I'm aware that you won't get previews with patching methods other than UxStyle and theme signature bypass. Can you explain how the blank personalization pane has "nothing to do" with the other patching methods. Because these other methods all patch system files while Mr Grim's does not, is that what you mean?

February 3rd, 2016, 08:22 PM
from what i understand unless you move your files and change the files to point to the new location you will not get the previews. in other words you do have to edit some files in notepad to change where they look for the theme files as well as move the theme files to the folder mentioned in grims thread as well as use his sig bypass.

MatG-DK
February 3rd, 2016, 09:34 PM
But it does not involve changing system files, so thats the big difference for me :)

Mr GRiM
February 4th, 2016, 05:33 AM
from what i understand unless you move your files and change the files to point to the new location you will not get the previews. in other words you do have to edit some files in notepad to change where they look for the theme files as well as move the theme files to the folder mentioned in grims thread as well as use his sig bypass.

The reason for the black squares is because the patched RTM files are not fully working with TH2, there is no way this going to change as long as these patching methods continue to use old RTM files, the reason Uxstyle doesn't have this problem has nothing to do with the location the themes are in, it's because your not using the patched RTM files, there is nothing else to it.

February 5th, 2016, 12:55 PM
The reason for the black squares is because the patched RTM files are not fully working with TH2, there is no way this going to change as long as these patching methods continue to use old RTM files, the reason Uxstyle doesn't have this problem has nothing to do with the location the themes are in, it's because your not using the patched RTM files, there is nothing else to it.

sounds like there is no reason to move or edit files then.

Mr GRiM
February 5th, 2016, 05:55 PM
sounds like there is no reason to move or edit files then.

This is only a problem on the TH2 release and this is the only solution that works with Uxstyle, if you want to ask why we have to do it this way then your best off asking Riverar on Github https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle/issues/21

Riverar was also the first to suggest this hack but using the aero.msstyles instead.

Thanks for the offers, I'll definitely get a test build up soon. I'm a few days away from finishing some side schooling, then I'll have a bit more time to wrap this up.

Short term hacks:
1. Rename your msstyle to aero.msstyles and shove it into a sub-directory named "aero".
2. Create \aero\aero.msstyles\ folder structure and drop your theme inside. So, for example, install your custom theme to \Windows\Resources\Themes\aero\aero.msstyles\My Theme\mytheme.msstyle

msstyles are just fancy dictionaries of resources for Windows. The authors must stay on top of updates and provide msstyles that match the OS build they're customizing.

I'll take an action to investigate maybe hooking the theme application workflow and ABORT when an invalid msstyle is detected, assuming an invalid msstyle can even be detected. Aside from the recent "aero.msstyles" checks added to TH2 (but removed in RS1), this isn't really a UxStyle concern.

Shemhamforash
March 11th, 2016, 10:21 PM
This patcher isn't working for me currently. Ran as admin, installed themes in their normal directories, made sure .theme files were pointing to the right location. Rebooted, even installed again. I saw theme previews in control panel, but the theme itself wouldn't change. Now I'm back to the Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass method using Theme Signature Bypass and changing the location pointed to by the .theme file and it's working fine.

hamed
March 12th, 2016, 04:54 AM
This patcher isn't working for me currently. Ran as admin, installed themes in their normal directories, made sure .theme files were pointing to the right location. Rebooted, even installed again. I saw theme previews in control panel, but the theme itself wouldn't change. Now I'm back to the Uxstyle and Theme Signature Bypass method using Theme Signature Bypass and changing the location pointed to by the .theme file and it's working fine.
try this: https://skinpacks.com/uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10-november-update-10586/

Shemhamforash
March 12th, 2016, 01:21 PM
try this: https://skinpacks.com/uxthemepatcher-for-windows-10-november-update-10586/

If it's not automated like in your installer there's no reason to used patched RTM build system files anymore. The convenience of the installer is what made me want to patch using this method. I'm sure that would work doing the manual install, but I don't see a reason to as UxStyle has been known to cause problems recently and the Theme Signature Bypass method pointed out by Mr GRiM for TH2 and Big Muscle works fine and displays theme previews in control panel personalization pane. This method also is more work because of manually redirecting the .theme files to point to the new location, but it works and displays thumbnails so it makes sense for me to use it.

Nimbi
March 25th, 2016, 10:55 PM
If it's not automated like in your installer there's no reason to used patched RTM build system files anymore. The convenience of the installer is what made me want to patch using this method. I'm sure that would work doing the manual install, but I don't see a reason to as UxStyle has been known to cause problems recently and the Theme Signature Bypass method pointed out by Mr GRiM for TH2 and Big Muscle works fine and displays theme previews in control panel personalization pane. This method also is more work because of manually redirecting the .theme files to point to the new location, but it works and displays thumbnails so it makes sense for me to use it.

If the ThemeSignatureBypass tool worked for me I would use it as well, but sadly that tool has no effect on my laptop :unhappy:. As for UxStyle, it always disables my built-in Intel HD Graphics Display driver. So I'm practically forced to us UxThemePatcher instead. It works fine for me, despite the images in Personalisation menu being replaced with solid colors.

Nimbi
March 26th, 2016, 12:12 AM
Also, a slight tip for those who haven't tried the auto installer yet, after installing it, you still need to manually replace your themeui.dll, uxinit.dll, and uxtheme.dll files with the ones included with the theme patcher. For some reason the patcher doesn't fully patch the built it ones. So, basically, if you're on a 32 bit system replace the ones in your system32 folder with the ones in the patchers x86 folder. If you're on a 64 bit system replace the ones in your system 32 folder with the ones in the patcher's x64 folder. Don't get rid of the ones the patcher renamed to .backup files. You'll need those to be where they are if you decide to switch to a different method, or if you decide to remove the patching. I'm not sure why the patcher doesn't fully patch them on it's own. If this is the same copy I have, then it will come with the patcher, uxstyle, and two folders with the proper dll files in them. Basically follow these steps;

1.) Download the patcher from the link posted on the first post of this thread..
2.) Run UxStyle as admin.
3.) Run UxThemePatcher as admin (It may state that it is not designed [or compatible] with your system. Ignore that and continue on, it's fine)
4.) Restart your computer.
5.) Run the add take ownership.reg file included, log off, then log back on.
6.) Open the correct folder for your system [x86 for 32 bit systems, x64 for 64 bit systems], highlight the uxtheme.dll, themeui.dll, and uxinit.dll files, right click on them, and click copy.
7.) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and search for the uxinit.dll, uxtheme.dll, and themeui.dll files.
8.) Right click on each of them one at a time and rename them to .bak files [simply add ".bak" after the ".dll" section of the names.
9.) Right click anywhere inside the system32 window and click paste.
10.) Log off, then log back in again and try switching to one of the custom themes of which you have installed.

Your themes should show up fine from there on.

If anyone spots any details that I missed please let me know and I will update this post.

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) that's what I mean, it's odd how the patcher doesn't replace those three system files on it's own. When I first tried this patcher on a fresh install of 10586, it replaced the system files and you could apply themes without any extra steps. Now it seems to be deprecated, basically all it does is install UltraUXThemePatcher and UxStyle and then you have to manually paste in the patched RTM build system files. You might as well just download the patcher from Cleodesktop now, since the main point of the installer was to automate the patching of system files without the user manually having to take ownership of files and paste them in System32.

Nimbi
March 26th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Darkwater409 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Darkwater409) that's what I mean, it's odd how the patcher doesn't replace those three system files on it's own. When I first tried this patcher on a fresh install of 10586, it replaced the system files and you could apply themes without any extra steps. Now it seems to be deprecated, basically all it does is install UltraUXThemePatcher and UxStyle and then you have to manually paste in the patched RTM build system files. You might as well just download the patcher from Cleodesktop now, since the main point of the installer was to automate the patching of system files without the user manually having to take ownership of files and paste them in System32.

True, I personally never used a manual patcher so I figured full manual patching required more than just renaming and replacing the dll files. I was under the belief that it required changing the dlls as well in order to create the patched dlls. That's why i stuck with this one since it's the first patching method I've ever really used, lol. In fact, I actually got my copy from Cleodesktops lol. Edwin of Tenforums showed me how to use it, lol.

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Personally I think hamed (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/207275-hamed) should update this or pull it because when people run this installer they're going to assume all the work is done for them and they can start using custom themes. Most people are not going to think they have to manually patch system files (myself included) after running this installer. This could easily lead to someone bricking their system thinking they're able to apply custom themes, in fact this happened just yesterday to a new member.

Nimbi
March 26th, 2016, 01:14 AM
I agree on that one Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash). At the very least, it definitely needs to be updated. Maybe he'll see our posts when he logs on next, lol.

crevure66
May 21st, 2016, 03:29 AM
thx a lot

Morph699
July 27th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Please could someone advise how and where to locate a UXtheme patcher that will update my files/ eidt the files without any user interaction eg taking ownership renaming etc.

ive tried various differnet versions of win 10 and ux them e patcher and EVERY time i still have the ghastly white around my themes eg black inside and white outside - the only thing that works are the icons, mouse cursurs and backgrounds.

BigBlockScott
March 26th, 2020, 02:27 PM
Works Great!

Davick02
November 27th, 2021, 12:56 AM
Thanks

Venom76
May 11th, 2022, 06:19 AM
Thanks... hope this works!

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
May 11th, 2022, 01:07 PM
Thanks... hope this works!
https://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/87290-UltraUXTheme-patcher-Support-for-Windows-11

PeterBrodbeck
April 5th, 2023, 02:16 PM
Thank you very much to the author and all the participants of the topic. It works.