PDA

View Full Version : Help 7tsp

Kleei
February 5th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Good morning, everybody can anyone help me ? I'm trying to put a icons pack with 7tsp on my windows 10 , I've seen videos of people who managed to get but to me the following message when I try to open the program " Error ! Sorry , 7tsp only works on windows se7en " Can anyone me help out? Thank you!

Shemhamforash
February 5th, 2016, 06:29 PM
These are the two sections you need to be browsing for full system icon packs on Windows 10:
http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1178-Windows-8-Iconpacks
http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1230-iPacks-Win-8-8-1-and-10

Kleei
February 5th, 2016, 11:58 PM
These are the two sections you need to be browsing for full system icon packs on Windows 10:
http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1178-Windows-8-Iconpacks
http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1230-iPacks-Win-8-8-1-and-10

Thaaankss!

Slaau
April 15th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Hello!
The same problem. Windows 10 Professional 10.0.10586 Ver 1511 - " Error ! Sorry , 7tsp only works on windows se7en "
Always install Pry Light IconPack ​
How now to be? :bored:

Shemhamforash
April 15th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Hello!
The same problem. Windows 10 Professional 10.0.10586 Ver 1511 - " Error ! Sorry , 7tsp only works on windows se7en "
Always install Pry Light IconPack ​
How now to be? :bored:

Here you go my friend, I threw together an iPack using the resources from the 7tsp pack.
You can make them yourself using iPack builder it's easy to do. 7tsp is deprecated because of that error message and sfc/scannow is not as smooth as just uninstalling.

Slaau
April 15th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Here you go my friend, I threw together an iPack using the resources from the 7tsp pack.
You can make them yourself using iPack builder it's easy to do. 7tsp is deprecated because of that error message and sfc/scannow is not as smooth as just uninstalling.
Thank you so much !!! Very, very helped me ! :happy:

October 11th, 2017, 07:06 PM
just decided to test mine on 16299.15 and no love, not even under win 7 compatibility mode. it worked fine on the spring creators update. i've tagged grim and shem to see if they have a copy that works, or know how to get it to work.

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I'm using the same version as the OP. I don't see why we are talking about looking for a link to download it. I just downloaded and ran the version in the OP, and it's the same version that I used to patch my Windows 10 CU install.

October 11th, 2017, 07:50 PM
I'm using the same version as the OP. I don't see why we are talking about looking for a link to download it. I just downloaded and ran the version in the OP, and it's the same version that I used to patch my Windows 10 CU install.

i hadn't tried the above link, just took nimbi at his word that it was dead. but i just tried it and the links on that page are unclickable. they will not work in opera or chrome.

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 07:52 PM
i hadn't tried the above link, just took nimbi at his word that it was dead. but i just tried it and the links on that page are unclickable. they will not work in opera or chrome.

I am using the version uploaded as an attachment in the OP. I am aware the 7tsp website is offline.

October 11th, 2017, 07:56 PM
I am using the version uploaded as an attachment in the OP. I am aware the 7tsp website is offline.

can you please upload a copy of yours? maybe mine got damaged somehow, cause it is the only thing i'm having a problem with. you may remember i had to use the ipack for the sci icons cause my 7tsp couldn't find the pack ini when you and other had no problem.

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 07:58 PM
can you please upload a copy of yours? maybe mine got damaged somehow, cause it is the only thing i'm having a problem with. you may remember i had to use the ipack for the sci icons cause my 7tsp couldn't find the pack ini when you and other had no problem.

Can't you just download it from the first page of this thread? It's the same version I'm using.

October 11th, 2017, 08:18 PM
ok got it but still gett will only work on 7. i have no idea what's going on.

Shemhamforash
October 11th, 2017, 08:22 PM

I have had that message before too, but it was caused by using an older version that was only for Windows 7. Here's the one I have, it might be the same thing for you though. 78786

October 11th, 2017, 08:41 PM
just dl'd yours and the same thing. i honestly give up.

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
October 12th, 2017, 02:49 AM

just dl'd yours and the same thing. i honestly give up.
you can try this:Smile:
http://i64.tinypic.com/ncehjo.jpg

October 12th, 2017, 11:17 AM
thanks moon but alas no love. i am truly out of ideas at this point. unless grim has any ideas who can't seem to bothered these days, but can do things he knows are wrong idea i just don't know. i truly appreciate both you and shem trying to help, thanks again.

Shemhamforash
October 12th, 2017, 02:19 PM
thanks moon but alas no love.

Just an idea but since iPacks sometimes need antivirus software temporarily turned off depending on what's installed, maybe you could try doing that. There's something that's stopping 7tsp from running, and displaying the incompatibility message instead.

October 12th, 2017, 03:27 PM
hey shem nice thought, but both bitdefender and malwarebytes are completely set to no active protection other than bd's firewall which is set to paranoid mode so i get to approve or disapprove everything. i scan everything i download before running it no matter where or who i get it from, so no need for active protection. again thanks

Shemhamforash
October 12th, 2017, 03:34 PM
hey shem nice thought, but both bitdefender and malwarebytes are completely set to no active protection other than bd's firewall which is set to paranoid mode so i get to approve or disapprove everything. i scan everything i download before running it no matter where or who i get it from, so no need for active protection. again thanks

Alright I'm out of ideas after this but, sfc/scannow and/or a full system restore might do something.

October 12th, 2017, 04:08 PM
either / or would nean reinstalling a lot of programs and for just one program that i'm having a problem with it'd be like bringing a nuke when a grenade would do the job. though i just might try the fresh install approach again and this time install 7tsp before i install bitdefender, cause to be honest installing bd before i tweaked the system this time i was expecting the system to baulk big time. only being 7tsp i got off pretty easy.

Shemhamforash
October 12th, 2017, 04:13 PM
either / or would nean reinstalling a lot of programs and for just one program that i'm having a problem with it'd be like bringing a nuke when a grenade would do the job. though i just might try the fresh install approach again and this time install 7tsp before i install bitdefender, cause to be honest installing bd before i tweaked the system this time i was expecting the system to baulk big time. only being 7tsp i got off pretty easy.

Using sfc/scannow doesn't necessarily mean having to redo very much.

Nimbi
October 12th, 2017, 11:23 PM
well ffs it happened again!!! it detected a false update and skipped all the friggin files AGAIN!!! 7tsp does this EVERY friggin time and locks the modified files in place making me do a fresh install yo remove them. This is total bs... How the frikk do i deisable friggin update detection in this program because im tired of it pulling up that fake damn update... It keeps telling me it's detected an update from version 10.0.xxx to version 6.2.15xxx ... No way in heel can that be even the slightest bit correct.... but it locks down the modified files every damn tme due to that bs....

October 13th, 2017, 12:31 AM
looks like i'm not the first one to run across the "sorry, 7tsp only works on windows se7en!". maybe move my post out of moons thread to this one?

Shemhamforash
October 13th, 2017, 12:38 AM
looks like i'm not the first one to run across the "sorry, 7tsp only works on windows se7en!". maybe move my post out of moons thread to this one?

Your wish is my command

October 13th, 2017, 12:41 AM
Your wish is my command

lol thanks shem just felt like we were hijacking moon's thread.

edit:

reminds me went on my roommates system and ran it and it ran perfectly.

Nimbi
October 13th, 2017, 05:57 AM
I'm not sure why mine detects an update from 10.0.xxx to 6.2.15xxx every time but it skips files due to that. Normally, I have to run a fresh install to fix it when that happens because it acts like all customizations get locked in place and can't be removed but this time my fresh install USB wasn't available due to my psycho cousin apparently having stole it so I was left with only sfc /scannow. Luckily, that worked. And I didn't lose anything either so I got lucky.

All I know is the update is not correct, because it looks more like a downgrade going by the numbers. And it happens with every file. So for me I'm just going to have to say I'm done with 7tsp since it does that to me every time I use it. I'm tired of having to deal with that so I'm simply not going to use it anymore. It's too much of a hassle for me.

October 13th, 2017, 10:50 AM
well ffs it happened again!!! it detected a false update and skipped all the friggin files AGAIN!!! 7tsp does this EVERY friggin time and locks the modified files in place making me do a fresh install yo remove them. This is total bs... How the frikk do i deisable friggin update detection in this program because im tired of it pulling up that fake damn update... It keeps telling me it's detected an update from version 10.0.xxx to version 6.2.15xxx ... No way in heel can that be even the slightest bit correct.... but it locks down the modified files every damn tme due to that bs....

i'm sorry nimbi, but that is pure gibberish.

Nimbi
October 13th, 2017, 03:18 PM
i'm sorry nimbi, but that is pure gibberish.

Ya soz, no worries though. I managed to fix my system with sfc /SCANNOW. I've decided against 7tsp from here on. It simply doesn't work properly for me. It applies everything fine, but when restoring the files it detects that false update and skips the files due to that. Unfortunately nothing usually works to restore the files it skips. Even system restore fails because it seems to be unable to restore the files that were skipped [thus why im saying it acts like it locks down the customisations done by 7tsp]. I normally have to use a fresh install but this time that option wasn't available so I tried sfc /SCANNOW. Luckily that worked. But I simply won't use 7tsp again due to the hassle it always gives me.

October 16th, 2017, 12:51 PM
o.k. folks fresh install of 16299.19 and 7tsp is working like a charm, but still getting pack.ini not found on the sci icon pack. thanks shem and nimbi for trying to help with this, looks like 7tsp is another one of those hit or miss like which theme patcher(s) to use on 15063.???.

Sux
October 16th, 2017, 06:42 PM
o.k. folks fresh install of 16299.19 and 7tsp is working like a charm, but still getting pack.ini not found on the sci icon pack. thanks shem and nimbi for trying to help with this, looks like 7tsp is another one of those hit or miss like which theme patcher(s) to use on 15063.???.

You have to open the sci 7tsp pack and change the Resource into Resources

October 16th, 2017, 07:29 PM

you have got to be kidding me. anyone else want to weigh in on this?

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
October 16th, 2017, 09:11 PM
you have got to be kidding me. anyone else want to weigh in on this?
please if is possible can you upload your 7tsp pack here

October 16th, 2017, 10:47 PM
please if is possible can you upload your 7tsp pack here

thanks moon but i already fixed it. had to be uploaded that way cause when i had the original problem i deleted the pack i had and download a fresh one. anyway it's fixed now, and at least it was a simple fix. thanks again.

October 17th, 2017, 05:47 PM

hey thanks that did the trick. now someone needs to fix the upload if it hasn't been fixed yet.