PDA

View Full Version : Custom Class Maps and Import Scripts for Windows 10 TH2 & RS1

Mr GRiM
February 11th, 2016, 04:45 AM
OK I would like to share some custom import scripts I have made for importing themes from Windows 7, Windows 8 and from Windows 10 to TH2 and RS1

This is a bit more complicated in some ways but once you get the hang of it it becomes very easy.

First thing to do is select the appropriate Windows Style Builder, there are 3 different folders for TH2 and RS1, each one has a specific import script.

Windows 7 to Windows 10 TH2 (Only for TH2, does not work on RS1).

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

3. Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme

4. Open the the Windows 7 Theme you want to import.

5. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

Windows 8 to Windows 10 TH2.

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 8-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

4. Open the the Windows 8 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 TH2 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

6. Save your theme and then reopen it, then save it once more and your done.

Windows 10 RTM to Windows 10 TH2

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 TH2"

2. Open the WSB Program.

4. Open the the Windows 10 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 TH2 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

For Redstone 1 it's pretty much exactly the same but this time I was not able to import a Windows 7 theme so this explanation will be skipped.

Windows 8 to Windows 10 RS1

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

4. Open the the Windows 8 Theme you want to import and do not save.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

Windows 10 RTM or TH2 to Windows 10 RS1

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

5. Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" (Very important!!, will have white flashing screen if this step is missed)

So that's it, not too hard, of course not everything can be imported to Windows 10 but most of it can be, this will also automatically add back any missing classes that are removed and restore support for the Start menu and Taskbar so it will work with StartIsBack.

Update March 21st 2016: Fixed a bug with importing Windows 7 themes, Some of the DWM Windows 10 Captions were messed up and not importing in the correct order.

I am not responsible for anyone who bricks their system using these import scripts, always create a restore point, it's always best to experiment on a Virtual Machine before using on your live OS

freak69ize
February 11th, 2016, 05:16 AM
Awesome! Thanks a ton mate! Had a lot of themes on 8.1 that i tweaked, recolored and stuff and didnt wanna lose all that. You da man Grim! :)

Agelyk
February 11th, 2016, 12:44 PM
with this it is much easier to import any theme. Superb Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php?u=1)

UsualSuspect
February 11th, 2016, 05:24 PM
it's ask me for email address and serial key, it's not free? I am asking because first time i want to test it and i didn't see somewhere for paid or something :P

Mr GRiM
February 11th, 2016, 05:37 PM
it's ask me for email address and serial key, it's not free? I am asking because first time i want to test it and i didn't see somewhere for paid or something :P

No it's not free, this is only for people who already purchased WSB and have a valid serial and email, you can purchase it from here http://vistastylebuilder.com/download.html the price is 25 EUR $28 US

UsualSuspect
February 11th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Ok, thanx :)

freak69ize
February 11th, 2016, 06:53 PM
No it's not free, this is only for people who already purchased WSB and have a valid serial and email, you can purchase it from here http://vistastylebuilder.com/download.html the price is 25 EUR $28 US

Well i ported my first theme today and everything seemed to port over except for the rc menu. I tried making a style hack from the win8 msstyle and that didnt work.. even tho when i look into wsb all the images are there. Then i tried making a stlye hack of your Hud Evo for 10 rc menu and that didnt work either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Mr GRiM
February 11th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Well i ported my first theme today and everything seemed to port over except for the rc menu. I tried making a style hack from the win8 msstyle and that didnt work.. even tho when i look into wsb all the images are there. Then i tried making a stlye hack of your Hud Evo for 10 rc menu and that didnt work either. Any suggestions? Thanks

If by RC you mean Context menu then you will have to either disable the immersive desktop context menu or skin it in WSB

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu

If you hold shift and click on Style hack it will open the style scripts, select the style script "ImmersiveStart to Menu Style" this will help you but the immersive menus do skin all that well.

You will still have to change the border fill color in the following locations.

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpBackground

The other border colors are taken from Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics and if you check the FlatMenus Bool it will make the border smaller and can result in a better look, with the flat menus bool checked the outside border is Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > BtnShadow.

freak69ize
February 12th, 2016, 10:23 PM
If by RC you mean Context menu then you will have to either disable the immersive desktop context menu or skin it in WSB

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu

If you hold shift and click on Style hack it will open the style scripts, select the style script "ImmersiveStart to Menu Style" this will help you but the immersive menus do skin all that well.

You will still have to change the border fill color in the following locations.

Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpBackground
Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Dark Context Menu > PopUpBackground

The other border colors are taken from Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics and if you check the FlatMenus Bool it will make the border smaller and can result in a better look, with the flat menus bool checked the outside border is Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics > BtnShadow.

Ok.. got that fixed.. sort of. Can i ask you where you moved background folder image to? Maybe make a style hack real quick? Thanks mate

Mr GRiM
February 12th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Ok.. got that fixed.. sort of. Can i ask you where you moved background folder image to? Maybe make a style hack real quick? Thanks mate

There is no background image, you have to use a fill color or image in Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpItem > Normal, disabled and disabled hot.

freak69ize
February 13th, 2016, 12:07 AM
There is no background image, you have to use a fill color or image in Lists, Menus, & Tabs > Immersive Context Menu > PopUpItem > Normal, disabled and disabled hot.

I mean the folder background image for explorer.. like in pic. Its not where it was in Win8

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72323&stc=1

Mr GRiM
February 13th, 2016, 12:17 AM
I mean the folder background image for explorer.. like in pic. Its not where it was in Win8

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72323&stc=1

The background image is in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background

freak69ize
February 13th, 2016, 12:48 AM
The background image is in Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Folder background

Ok i think im all lined out now. Had to download your Hud theme and make a style hack. Thanks for everything mate. :)

Dark Knight
February 14th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Thanks Grim, your instructions made everything easy peazy!

Just one thing, as always I am having trouble with the start menu after import, as you can see in the screen I have attached the bottom of the start menu is messed up, it's the only thing that I have noticed so far other than having to resize the tray flyout menu button on the taskbar that needs to be fixed. Is there a quick fix or a style hack that can take care of this or am I going to have to go in manually to fix it?

Mr GRiM
February 14th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks Grim, your instructions made everything easy peazy!

Just one thing, as always I am having trouble with the start menu after import, as you can see in the screen I have attached the bottom of the start menu is messed up, it's the only thing that I have noticed so far other than having to resize the tray flyout menu button on the taskbar that needs to be fixed. Is there a quick fix or a style hack that can take care of this or am I going to have to go in manually to fix it?

Nice job importing, like the tray flyout button,to fix the start menu you just need to install the blank font, see attached.

One other thing you should change is the content margins for the frame and the top frame image.

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > ContentMargins > 11, 0, 0, 0

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Aero Peek Window > Normal > Top > ContentMargins > 11, 0, 0, 0

DiLshad Sys
February 14th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Great Will Try on my Next OS if its works....

Dark Knight
February 15th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Nice job importing, like the tray flyout button,to fix the start menu you just need to install the blank font, see attached.

One other thing you should change is the content margins for the frame and the top frame image.

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top > ContentMargins > 11, 0, 0, 0

Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Aero Peek Window > Normal > Top > ContentMargins > 11, 0, 0, 0

Thanks Grim, that fixed the text but I still have the problem of the logoff button being out of place ..........

Mr GRiM
February 15th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks Grim, that fixed the text but I still have the problem of the logoff button being out of place ..........

Does it still do it with the start menu glyph images disabled in the SiB options, looks like the places list is being stretched because of it.

Edit: Just checked and that is indeed the problem, I left a request for Tihiy to have the Glyph icons without it effecting the paces list width.

Dark Knight
February 15th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Does it still do it with the start menu glyph images disabled in the SiB options, looks like the places list is being stretched because of it.

Edit: Just checked and that is indeed the problem, I left a request for Tihiy to have the Glyph icons without it effecting the paces list width.

Yup, you are right, that took care of it.

You don't know of anyway to change the colors of the notification icons on the taskbar next to clock? it would be nice to be able to change them from the default white instead of having to hide them.

Shemhamforash
February 16th, 2016, 02:23 AM
You don't know of anyway to change the colors of the notification icons on the taskbar next to clock? it would be nice to be able to change them from the default white instead of having to hide them.

I looked into the changing these icons:

I then found this information on the CustomizerGod website:

Read-Only Resources
If you're using Windows 10, you may notice read-only resources in the left-hand pane. Or if you open shell32.dll in Windows 8+, it too will be loaded as read-only. This happens because the system file containing those resources is digitally signed. Modifications to the file will break the signature and Windows will refuse to load it.
This'll hopefully be circumvented in a future update to CustomizerGod.

Dark Knight
February 16th, 2016, 12:06 PM
I looked into the changing these icons:

I then found this information on the CustomizerGod website:

Well at least I know it's being worked on, I'm not interested in breaking anything on my system at the moment so I'll just wait until they create a work around for the digital signature problem.

Thanks!

freak69ize
February 17th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Ported Hud Launch to Th2 but im having problems with this menu and cant figure it out. 1st off is the text is really blurry.. 2nd.. when i hover cursor over the menu hot selected doesnt work. I would appreciate any help or i could upload the msstlye if someone wants to take a look at it. Thanks

freak69ize
February 17th, 2016, 02:58 AM
Ported Hud Launch to Th2 but im having problems with this menu and cant figure it out. 1st off is the text is really blurry.. 2nd.. when i hover cursor over the menu hot selected doesnt work. I would appreciate any help or i could upload the msstlye if someone wants to take a look at it. Thanks

Ok so i got number 2 fixed... forgot the immersive menu fix.. still cant find how to change the text highlight color on menu tho

Shemhamforash
March 20th, 2016, 12:52 AM

Hi Mr GRiM, I decided to get a copy of WSB. The folders work really well importing Windows 7 themes. I have a few questions for you or anyone who can answer them, hoping you could point to where they are/how to fix it. First of all control panel comes up blank with no options, how do I change this? Secondly, how do I change the caption font color? I created a style hack from equinox to try adapting that section to a theme, but as soon as I change the blue color it returns to black. Lastly where do the images go if you want custom logos in the System dialog from control panel? If I can fix those things I'll have a proper theme. :Grim:

Edit: After some time I'm no longer able to hit "Save" on a Windows 7 theme. It just crashes. I tried uninstalling and the deleting the folders and reextracting them from your archive. I wonder what could be causing this?

freak69ize
March 20th, 2016, 03:33 AM
Hi Mr GRiM, I decided to get a copy of WSB. The folders work really well importing Windows 7 themes. I have a few questions for you or anyone who can answer them, hoping you could point to where they are/how to fix it. First of all control panel comes up blank with no options, how do I change this? Secondly, how do I change the caption font color? I created a style hack from equinox to try adapting that section to a theme, but as soon as I change the blue color it returns to black. Lastly where do the images go if you want custom logos in the System dialog from control panel? If I can fix those things I'll have a proper theme. :Grim:

Edit: After some time I'm no longer able to hit "Save" on a Windows 7 theme. It just crashes. I tried uninstalling and the deleting the folders and reextracting them from your archive. I wonder what could be causing this?

I know where custom logos are-- Explorer and Shell>Explorer>Control Panel>Content Pane> Branding Image and Genuine Image

Shemhamforash
March 20th, 2016, 04:07 AM
I know where custom logos are-- Explorer and Shell>Explorer>Control Panel>Content Pane> Branding Image and Genuine Image

Ah yes thanks, much appreciated.

Mr GRiM
March 20th, 2016, 04:28 AM

If the control panel is coming up blank that may be because you are not using the correct shellstyle.dll, you can grab one of the shellstyl.dll's from one of my Windows 10 themes and see if that fixes it.

The caption text is a funny one in windows 10, there are several places that seem to effect caption text and that changes depending on weather or not you have the ribbon disabled, the primary location is in system metrics active and inactive caption text but there is allot of inconsistency when changing them, red text seems to work OK but other colors are hit and miss, I have had a fair amount of success when adjusting the color and making it darker, light colors for some reason most of the time display as black, the inactive colors seem to change ok but end up being washed out colors, I also noticed that adjusting the window border color in the personalization menu can effect the text color on some windows.

For custom images in the control panel system properties go to the following.

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Genuine Image

There are 2 other location that I no longer use and you will need to add a Enum property, BgType > None

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer

I now use a glyph image instead on the background images, this allows me better control on placement and allows the image to stay centered, if you want to do the same then add the following properties.

WSB can bug out sometimes, not sure what the cause is but sometimes a reboot can help, if all else fails and you have been testing your theme but are not able to save it then look in "C:\ProgramData\Windows Style Builder\Testing" sort it by date for the most recent msstyles and then copy it to your desktop and rename it to the original name.

Shemhamforash
March 20th, 2016, 04:58 AM
If the control panel is coming up blank that may be because you are not using the correct shellstyle.dll, you can grab one of the shellstyl.dll's from one of my Windows 10 themes and see if that fixes it.

The caption text is a funny one in windows 10, there are several places that seem to effect caption text and that changes depending on weather or not you have the ribbon disabled, the primary location is in system metrics active and inactive caption text but there is allot of inconsistency when changing them, red text seems to work OK but other colors are hit and miss, I have had a fair amount of success when adjusting the color and making it darker, light colors for some reason most of the time display as black, the inactive colors seem to change ok but end up being washed out colors, I also noticed that adjusting the window border color in the personalization menu can effect the text color on some windows.

For custom images in the control panel system properties go to the following.

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Background
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Background

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Branding Image
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > ContentPane > Genuine Image

There are 2 other location that I no longer use and you will need to add a Enum property, BgType > None

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPane Shine Layer
Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Control Panel > ControlPanel > NavigationPane > NavigationPaneTop Shine Layer

I now use a glyph image instead on the background images, this allows me better control on placement and allows the image to stay centered, if you want to do the same then add the following properties.

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72850&stc=1

WSB can bug out sometimes, not sure what the cause is but sometimes a reboot can help, if all else fails and you have been testing your theme but are not able to save it then look in "C:\ProgramData\Windows Style Builder\Testing" sort it by date for the most recent msstyles and then copy it to your desktop and rename it to the original name.

OK, thanks for all the help. Using a NormalColor folder from Shell in one of your themes fixes the blank control panel (I should've thought of it). That's strange about the caption text color, I guess that means I'll have to fiddle around some more with it. I'm going to look into applying glyph images that sounds cool. I'm still having trouble getting it to Save using the program in the folder Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2. I've rebooted and have also tried deleting the Testing folder in Program Data. I'm able to successfully save a Windows 8 theme though using your other folder. I'm not sure what else to try getting the 7 folder to work now besides restoring from an older snapshot.

Edit: I figured out what was causing the problem with it not being able to save. When I moved the themes that I had been working on previously to a new location, it stopped the crashing.

Mr GRiM
March 21st, 2016, 12:52 AM
Update March 21st 2016: Fixed a bug with importing Windows 7 themes, Some of the DWM Windows 10 Captions were messed up and not importing in the correct order.

Shemhamforash
March 21st, 2016, 12:57 AM
Thank you Mr GRiM I noticed that the other day with the caption buttons.

freak69ize
March 21st, 2016, 01:38 AM
Thanks again... youre awesome at this stuff

Shemhamforash
March 26th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Hi Mr GRiM, not that I care much since OldNewExplorer isn't working in RS1 build 14295 but I thought I should let you know that I'm having trouble using your custom import scripts for importing themes to RS1. I've followed your instructions and have tried using both Windows 8 themes and Windows 10 themes. I don't get any flashing screens but the theme's don't apply. Here's a screenshot of what it's looking like for me:
It must having something to do with your import scripts since your Aero Frost and Black Edition themes are applying fine.

Mr GRiM
March 28th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Hi Mr GRiM, not that I care much since OldNewExplorer isn't working in RS1 build 14295 but I thought I should let you know that I'm having trouble using your custom import scripts for importing themes to RS1. I've followed your instructions and have tried using both Windows 8 themes and Windows 10 themes. I don't get any flashing screens but the theme's don't apply. Here's a screenshot of what it's looking like for me:
It must having something to do with your import scripts since your Aero Frost and Black Edition themes are applying fine.

OK I just updated to the latest build and the import script worked fine for me, just imported the CaseLabs theme no worries, ONE definitely isn't working well, looks like the UI files are not being applied.

After you imported the themes did you make sure you you saved one more time after reopening the theme in WSB, I have had the problem before that if you don't save the theme a second time it will not apply in the personalization menu.

Shemhamforash
March 28th, 2016, 10:44 PM
OK I just updated to the latest build and the import script worked fine for me, just imported the CaseLabs theme no worries, ONE definitely isn't working well, looks like the UI files are not being applied.

After you imported the themes did you make sure you you saved one more time after reopening the theme in WSB, I have had the problem before that if you don't save the theme a second time it will not apply in the personalization menu.

It's still not working for me I go to Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1"
Open the WSB Program.
Go to File > Open > Import 7 Theme
Open the the Windows 10 Theme to import and do not save.
Select Import Style Hack and select "10 Import Fix" import images
Save theme
Open theme again, save
Made sure .theme file is pointing to normal location

I tried opening the theme a third time and saving. Tried all this with HUD Evolution.

Shemhamforash
April 3rd, 2016, 10:49 PM

Tihiy has delivered again, ONE has been fixed. :Smile:
I'm not sure if this is being caused by ONE or new themeing parameters but I have this control panel blank part:
Also, I haven't been able to successfully apply themes besides yours yet, I will try again in the future but I have tried with 5 themes now including CaseLabs :confused:.

Mr GRiM
April 4th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Tihiy has delivered again, ONE has been fixed. :Smile:
I'm not sure if this is being caused by ONE or new themeing parameters but I have this control panel blank part:
Also, I haven't been able to successfully apply themes besides yours yet, I will try again in the future but I have tried with 5 themes now including CaseLabs :confused:.

ONE is what made that themeable,it said it was fixed but it seems that the only thing he fixed was the details pane on the bottom.

nicely
April 11th, 2016, 03:56 PM
very nice, but seems like not working on rs1 14316 build:unhappy:

GothicDeath
April 18th, 2016, 01:53 AM
This is very useful thanks hun...

nicely
April 25th, 2016, 10:46 PM
any one have succes on import
Windows 7 to Windows 10 TH2 ?

nicely
April 25th, 2016, 11:01 PM
any one have succes on import
Windows 7 to Windows 10 TH2 ?

NVM i found the trick :)

freak69ize
April 25th, 2016, 11:34 PM
NVM i found the trick :)

Haha i was gonna say.. theres a W10 TH2 themes section of themes ported from W7 and W8.1

dhjohns
April 26th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Anyone know how to open WSB when it asks for email, and code?

freak69ize
April 26th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Anyone know how to open WSB when it asks for email, and code?

Only way is to have serial number and email address that you bought WSB with

nicely
May 6th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Fixed RS1 Navigation pane (proprerties and control panel) with my own digital signature :)

Shemhamforash
May 6th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Fixed RS1 Navigation pane (proprerties and control panel) with my own digital signature :)

Good work, can you explain how this was achieved?
Also did you import with the same Custom import scripts as in the download archive or have you modified those too? Thanks :cunning:

nicely
May 6th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Good work, can you explain how this was achieved?
Also did you import with the same Custom import scripts as in the download archive or have you modified those too? Thanks :cunning:

this will be per theme, for example: I created a digital signature for each shell32.dll for now is only way, but I'm learning more bout shellstyle and shell32

also have good news and one bad news

i now can change any .exe and .dll on rs1 with my new own digital signature, incluiding the worst one - explorer ( only one issue i have after change all icons on taskbar inside explorer is: Start menu stoped open, but SIB keeps running, i hope i can find fix for this to when i have time. Greatings

Thuggz Bunny
May 8th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Thank you~Thank you. :flirt2::paryt2::cool: Now I'm off to be the wizard!

benijamin
May 9th, 2016, 06:52 PM
YOU ARE THE KING YO RULE THE JUNGLE I'M SPEECHLESS i hope it does work have not try that yet BUT WE BELIEVE IN YOU

Mr GRiM
May 10th, 2016, 11:13 AM
this will be per theme, for example: I created a digital signature for each shell32.dll for now is only way, but I'm learning more bout shellstyle and shell32

also have good news and one bad news

i now can change any .exe and .dll on rs1 with my new own digital signature, incluiding the worst one - explorer ( only one issue i have after change all icons on taskbar inside explorer is: Start menu stoped open, but SIB keeps running, i hope i can find fix for this to when i have time. Greatings

Rather then using different images in the shell32.dll for each theme you would be better to use the custom UI files that I include in the shellstytle.dll that ONE is meant to be using, that way it could use the custom locations in the msstyles for those images instead.

Can you explain how you made your own digital signature so that maybe we could all be able to do this.

nicely
May 10th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Rather then using different images in the shell32.dll for each theme you would be better to use the custom UI files that I include in the shellstytle.dll that ONE is meant to be using, that way it could use the custom locations in the msstyles for those images instead.Can you explain how you made your own digital signature so that maybe we could all be able to do this.1st u need to install Windows SDK, wich you can download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279 then try to fallow some steps on that microsoft page (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa387764(v=vs.85).aspx) cuz my english not that good if ure not able to falow instruction therecall me ill try to make program to sign shell32

(but sincerely i prefer to tahiy update oldnewexplorer and we coould continue to use from shellstyle UIFiles)

Mr GRiM
May 10th, 2016, 02:53 PM
1st u need to install Windows SDK, wich you can download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279 then try to fallow some steps on that microsoft page (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa387764(v=vs.85).aspx) cuz my english not that good if ure not able to falow instruction therecall me ill try to make program to sign shell32

(but sincerely i prefer to tahiy update oldnewexplorer and we coould continue to use from shellstyle UIFiles)

Yeah I would also like Tihiy to update ONE but it's good to have a backup plan, thanks for the info.

Dark Knight
May 18th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the updated files?

Ever since I updated to the March 21st update file I am experiencing more WSB crashes and infinitely more messages that say that there is an error in the msstyles file I am trying to open, even though there is no error.
Yesterday it took me two hours in what should have been not more than 30 minutes to port the original HUD theme from Windows 7 to 10 because of "errors in the msstyle file" that were just not there so I had to keep reloading the windows 7 msstyle and saving until eventually it took. I thought it was just the windows 7 to 10 TH2 WSB file(s) but I also got the same message using the Windows 8 to 10 TH2 files this morning also.

I'm wondering if there is something with replacing the shellstyle.dll file, if I keep swapping with the same shellstyle.dll file I will experience more crashes eventually. Is there a good shellstyle.dll file I can keep in a folder and use that will not cause WSB crashes? Also, how do you clear the folder cache or memory in WSB?

Shemhamforash
May 20th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the updated files?

Ever since I updated to the March 21st update file I am experiencing more WSB crashes and infinitely more messages that say that there is an error in the msstyles file I am trying to open, even though there is no error.
Yesterday it took me two hours in what should have been not more than 30 minutes to port the original HUD theme from Windows 7 to 10 because of "errors in the msstyle file" that were just not there so I had to keep reloading the windows 7 msstyle and saving until eventually it took. I thought it was just the windows 7 to 10 TH2 WSB file(s) but I also got the same message using the Windows 8 to 10 TH2 files this morning also.

I'm wondering if there is something with replacing the shellstyle.dll file, if I keep swapping with the same shellstyle.dll file I will experience more crashes eventually. Is there a good shellstyle.dll file I can keep in a folder and use that will not cause WSB crashes? Also, how do you clear the folder cache or memory in WSB?

I'm not sure if it started after the updated archive files but there's definitely some problems importing certain Windows 7 themes, HUD for example but there are other themes as well it fails to update the .msstyles on. I've never had this problem using the Windows 8.1 theme importing build when importing Windows 8.1 themes, it always works perfectly with every theme.

Thuggz Bunny
June 3rd, 2016, 02:50 PM
why is there no stylehack in TH2 7-10 stylehacks folder?
:nervis:

Mr GRiM
June 3rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
why is there no stylehack in TH2 7-10 stylehacks folder?
:nervis:

Because there doesn't need to be any for importing 7 themes.

Thuggz Bunny
June 3rd, 2016, 04:24 PM
Thank you & congrats on 15800 threads!

Shemhamforash
June 8th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Any chance of getting an update for the RS1 scripts? I just tried with a new downloaded copy and followed your instructions for 10-10 RS1. Wallpaper and cursor changes, that's it. They've never worked for me and I've been trying since I started using WSB. I always make sure I follow your instructions right too.

Mr GRiM
June 9th, 2016, 12:28 AM
Any chance of getting an update for the RS1 scripts? I just tried with a new downloaded copy and followed your instructions for 10-10 RS1. Wallpaper and cursor changes, that's it. They've never worked for me and I've been trying since I started using WSB. I always make sure I follow your instructions right too.

Updating to the latest build right now so will test mine again to see if it's still OK, is it just 10-10 or 8-10 as well?

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Updating to the latest build right now so will test mine again to see if it's still OK, is it just 10-10 or 8-10 as well?

I'm on the build you're updating from right now. No 8-10 hasn't worked for me either.

Mr GRiM
June 9th, 2016, 02:01 AM
I'm on the build you're updating from right now. No 8-10 hasn't worked for me either.

OK updated to latest build and still importing fine from 8 and 10 using the current scripts, I will upload the ones I just used again just to make sure they are the current ones I provided.

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 02:11 AM
OK updated to latest build and still importing fine from 8 and 10 using the current scripts, I will upload the ones I just used again just to make sure they are the current ones I provided.

Thanks but for some reason themes still aren't applying. All I do is follow your instructions with WSB in a 10586 install and copy the theme over. Is there something else I can try? lol

Mr GRiM
June 9th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Thanks but for some reason themes still aren't applying. All I do is follow your instructions with WSB in a 10586 install and copy the theme over. Is there something else I can try? lol

Nope nothing else, this is the only way I know works, import the theme, apply the 10 Import Fix stylehack, save the theme and then reopen the theme and test.

freak69ize
June 9th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Im still on TH2 and WSB works as it always has with 8-10 and 7-10. I havent really used 8-10 for awhile since i found out that a SIB setting was causing a color image on the start menu. There are a few theme ive had no luck importing though.. like sophistication incorporated by razorsedege.. 2-3 more i cant recall right now

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Nope nothing else, this is the only way I know works, import the theme, apply the 10 Import Fix stylehack, save the theme and then reopen the theme and test.

I see, the only difference between that and what I'm doing is I can't enter testing mode since I have wsb in another VM. Is it worth transferring my license over to try? I'm not sure how that works BTW, I guess I have to contact Avangate first?

Mr GRiM
June 9th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I see, the only difference between that and what I'm doing is I can't enter testing mode since I have wsb in another VM. Is it worth transferring my license over to try? I'm not sure how that works BTW, I guess I have to contact Avangate first?

You have to be using the OS your importing to so you will need your licence for WSB in that OS.

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 01:18 PM
You have to be using the OS your importing to so you will need your licence for WSB in that OS.

Oh really, that solves it I guess. My mistake for not knowing that. Actually instead of transferring my license I'll just sign in with my insider account and update to the latest preview build and then opt out when it's released. This is good news, thank you.

Mr GRiM
June 9th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Oh really, that solves it I guess. My mistake for not knowing that. Actually instead of transferring my license I'll just sign in with my insider account and update to the latest preview build and then opt out when it's released. This is good news, thank you.

You can use your licence on as many OS's as you like, you just need to copy the VistaStyleBuilder folder from \AppData\Roaming\VistaStyleBuilder.

Thuggz Bunny
June 9th, 2016, 04:59 PM
You can use your licence on as many OS's as you like, you just need to copy the VistaStyleBuilder folder from \AppData\Roaming\VistaStyleBuilder.

Does it have to be Vista/7 Style Builder? I have Style Builders for 8/8.1 and also the 10. Will it work to use any of those (with the stylehacks & scripts of course)
:idk::nerd::flirt2:

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 08:33 PM

Worked like a charm thank you for the address, themes are good working too, maybe just wait a while longer in case their's a ONE update to apply the custom UI files.

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Another thing that I noticed is not completely themed is the taskbar clock (not the popup) in WIndows 10 TH2 versus RS1, any chance for a fix?
TH2
RS1

freak69ize
June 9th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Another thing that I noticed is not completely themed is the taskbar clock (not the popup) in WIndows 10 TH2 versus RS1, any chance for a fix?
TH2
RS1

Will it not change manually within WSB?

Shemhamforash
June 9th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Will it not change manually within WSB?

I'll try, I just assumed it would get ported over on its own.
Edit: Looks to me like it's all set up right to display the way the original theme does, installed fonts too.

Mr GRiM
June 10th, 2016, 01:18 AM
I'll try, I just assumed it would get ported over on its own.
Edit: Looks to me like it's all set up right to display the way the original theme does, installed fonts too.

It has been changed, it was working in the earlier RS1 builds but it changed and now has hard coded grey hover and pressed states, the text color properties also moved to a strange location in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand the same as the text properties for uncombined task items.

Shemhamforash
June 10th, 2016, 01:30 AM
It has been changed, it was working in the earlier RS1 builds but it changed and now has hard coded grey hover and pressed states, the text color properties also moved to a strange location in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand the same as the text properties for uncombined task items.

So the taskbar font and color can't be themed anymore? That section has an Inherited Properties text color property that is white, is that the clock text?

Mr GRiM
June 10th, 2016, 03:16 AM
So the taskbar font and color can't be themed anymore? That section has an Inherited Properties text color property that is white, is that the clock text?

It can be changed here as well Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand

You can still change the text color and font as well as add glow effects, you can also still use different colors for hover and presses by adding text color properties to the following:

Normal: Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > TaskItemButton > Open
Hover:Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > TaskItemButton > Other Side Hot (Uncombined Inheritance)
Pressed:Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > TaskItemButton > Hover

Shemhamforash
June 10th, 2016, 09:52 PM
It can be changed here as well Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand

You can still change the text color and font as well as add glow effects, you can also still use different colors for hover and presses by adding text color properties to the following:

Normal: Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > TaskItemButton > Open
Hover:Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > TaskItemButton > Other Side Hot (Uncombined Inheritance)
Pressed:Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand > TaskItemButton > Hover

OK the Normal Hover Pressed settings seem to working fine, aside from I don't see any difference in the Glow and Shadow parameters versus the plain text, and also some kind of problem with the size of the font, maybe it's just this theme? Is there anything I should try to fix this, maybe even remove the date line in the clock (for some reason the 8/10 TH2 did this on their own)

Size 12 (theme default)

Size 8

Mr GRiM
June 11th, 2016, 01:18 PM
You also need to set the glow size and glow intensity or it wont show, that will also effect the spacing of the text and what is shown and why it looked different on windows 7 and 8

Shemhamforash
June 11th, 2016, 01:46 PM
You also need to set the glow size and glow intensity or it wont show, that will also effect the spacing of the text and what is shown and why it looked different on windows 7 and 8

The text glow and glow size is working now, but I can't get it to fit properly, or remove the second line by adjusting glow size and intensity it seems. I changed the size and intensity, but then it's not the right settings for the original theme. I copied over all the other properties now, but none of them make a difference in the text sizing. The content margins and sizing margins seem to work incorrectly in this location, so I removed those, but I did try changing the settings around with some weird results, for example the taskbar icon backgrounds getting sized all wrong and the date even adding in a third line, would it be possible those are the settings that need to be set up to a custom setting for the clock to not be cut off?

Mr GRiM
June 11th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Those settings have always produced the time and date lines for me, they are the same I use on the HUD themes.

Shemhamforash
June 11th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Those settings have always produced the time and date lines for me, they are the same I use on the HUD themes.

The only problem I have now is that parts of the text are cut off for some reason, I'll keep messing with the glow settings and maybe even the margin settings.

Shemhamforash
June 11th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Something I wonder is whether the same copied settings from the original theme in the new location maybe looking slightly different from each other? Not too sure. Also, for themes like HUD Red where there is no date line in the original theme, it would be helpful to know how to eliminate it and have it centered correctly. It looks like the tray flyout is located incorrectly, too close to the time.

HUD Red RS1

HUD Red TH2

Mr GRiM
June 11th, 2016, 11:36 PM
Something I wonder is whether the same copied settings from the original theme in the new location maybe looking slightly different from each other? Not too sure. Also, for themes like HUD Red where there is no date line in the original theme, it would be helpful to know how to eliminate it and have it centered correctly. It looks like the tray flyout is located incorrectly, too close to the time.

HUD Red RS1

HUD Red TH2

Not sure why yours is being cut off like that, here is how mine looks with the HUD theme, the same as it has always looked.

Shemhamforash
June 12th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Not sure why yours is being cut off like that, here is how mine looks with the HUD theme, the same as it has always looked.

Here's the .msstyles, if you could take a look at it sometime I'd really appreciate your help with the taskbar clock, immersive context menus, and maybe even the caption buttons when they're maximized. Those are all things I've tried to fix but can't when I attempt to.

Mr GRiM
June 12th, 2016, 01:03 AM
Here's the .msstyles, if you could take a look at it sometime I'd really appreciate your help with the taskbar clock, immersive context menus, and maybe even the caption buttons when they're maximized. Those are all things I've tried to fix but can't when I attempt to.

There you go should look a bit better now.

Shemhamforash
June 12th, 2016, 01:26 AM
There you go should look a bit better now.

It's perfect, thank you for your help with this. Now for sure I have one theme that's ready for RS1 (minus the new parameters for the ONE custom UI files). I'll be sure and use this theme as a template for help with what I asked for. If I run into any other major settings I can't fix I'll let you know. There are quite a few other themes for TH2 I uploaded that would really benefit from this immersive context menu fix, as well as the titlebar caption font. The other thing I noticed I made a mistake of was not including the taskbar clock background image like in your Blade theme. Now I've got about 8 themes to update for TH2 because they're missing the taskbar clock background image. Plus I have the ASUS themes and other Windows 7 theme imports that don't correctly display caption title font text color. Hopefully I can decipher what you specifically changed in the theme's settings to show the taskbar clock correctly. Thanks again for taking the time to go through and upload the .msstyles.

Shemhamforash
June 12th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Got the clock figured out for the ASUS themes thanks to your changes in HUD Red:

designfjotten
August 6th, 2016, 11:04 AM
This looks great Mark, thank you for doing this job, and for sharing it :D think i will have a go at win 10 theming pretty soon now :D Thank you again bro :)

Shemhamforash
August 6th, 2016, 03:40 PM
designfjotten (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/214085-designfjotten) remember that if you are importing from Windows 7, you will need to do so on an installation of Windows 10 TH2 only. RS1 does not have the ability to import from 7 as there is no custom import scripts build for 7-10 RS1 available (RS1 is the latest update everyone will eventually be on). So basically you'd have to import a Windows 7 theme first to TH2, than next to RS1 (ideally two different OS installations).

Get isos here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
Read more: http://winaero.com/blog/download-official-iso-images-for-windows-10-november-update-1511/

designfjotten
August 10th, 2016, 07:46 AM
designfjotten (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/214085-designfjotten) remember that if you are importing from Windows 7, you will need to do so on an installation of Windows 10 TH2 only. RS1 does not have the ability to import from 7 as there is no custom import scripts build for 7-10 RS1 available (RS1 is the latest update everyone will eventually be on). So basically you'd have to import a Windows 7 theme first to TH2, than next to RS1 (ideally two different OS installations).

Get isos here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO
Read more: http://winaero.com/blog/download-official-iso-images-for-windows-10-november-update-1511/

Oh, okai, thank you for telling me this bud, lol I just think i might stick with 7 theming for now, if i don't manage this, hehe :) this was a bit more complicated to import, than it was for win 8 and 8.1 :D hehe

leowall
March 20th, 2017, 08:09 AM
How do I add CLASS "Show Desktop" for SIB beta? Thanks!

Mr GRiM
March 21st, 2017, 06:34 AM
How do I add CLASS "Show Desktop" for SIB beta? Thanks!

You can use the add class feature in WSB or use a style script, put the style script in the WSB stylescript folder and in WSB hold Shift and click on import StyleHack then select the style script.

<stylescript>
<add>
<class name="ShowDesktop::Button"/>
<class name="VerticalShowDesktop::Button"/>
</add>
</stylescript>

I have included the style script in the zip attached.

leowall
March 21st, 2017, 10:49 AM
wow... Great! Thank you so much!

Agelyk
March 21st, 2017, 02:38 PM
You can use the add class feature in WSB or use a style script, put the style script in the WSB stylescript folder and in WSB hold Shift and click on import StyleHack then select the style script.

<stylescript>
<add>
</add>
</stylescript>

Thank you very much boss, you always do the complicated thing easy:Peace:

devillnside
March 28th, 2017, 05:07 PM

<stylescript>
<add>
</add>
</stylescript>

wow .. this helps a lot... thanks

Shemhamforash
April 13th, 2017, 01:27 AM

<stylescript>
<add>
</add>
</stylescript>

Is it only background for the taskbar thumbnail hover? No Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > BackgroundShadow or buttons to close windows with?

leowall
April 13th, 2017, 02:52 AM
Is it only background for the taskbar thumbnail hover? No Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > BackgroundShadow or buttons to close windows with?
background for the taskbar thumbnail hover here: Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > ListItem

Shemhamforash
April 13th, 2017, 09:36 AM
background for the taskbar thumbnail hover here: Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > ListItem

It depends what version of wsb you are using. For example on the builds in the op it was called Border. My point is, is it just the image we can change.

Mr GRiM
April 13th, 2017, 10:14 AM
It depends what version of wsb you are using. For example on the builds in the op it was called Border. My point is, is it just the image we can change.

Here are 3 updated themes that will show you what can be added now with SiB, Poison, HUD Machine Red and Blade.

Dark Knight
April 13th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Here are 3 updated themes that will show you what can be added now with SiB, Poison, HUD Machine Red and Blade.

Hey GRiM, are these msstyles for use on the Anniversary Update or the Creators Update?

Dark Knight
April 13th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Hey GRiM, are these msstyles for use on the Anniversary Update or the Creators Update?

Never mind ........DUH, it's only msstyle files in the download :whistle:

I know what to do ... lol

Shemhamforash
April 13th, 2017, 09:15 PM

Cool, I got it to look like Windows 7 now. Taskbar thumbnail close button might need to be tweaked a bit with this one. Your themes look great though.

Dark Knight
April 13th, 2017, 09:25 PM

Very COOL , Now we can skin the taskbar thumbnails! :shocked:

I bet Start10 cannot do that?! Take that Starbloat!

Will you be posting the style hack for that? I'd like to do it to Machine Launch that I am running at the moment. :greedy:

Tihly and GRiM ............ :daman:

Shemhamforash
April 14th, 2017, 02:49 PM

Hey Mr GRiM, how can I add the size field? I try to add it but there is nothing called just Size, only captionbarheight size, etc.

Shemhamforash
April 14th, 2017, 04:26 PM
The sizing of the show desktop button is having a strange bug.

I edit a theme and the horizontal show desktop button is way to skinny.

I open HUD machine red light and it has a big show desktop button.

I open the theme I had edited and the show desktop button looks big.

Mr GRiM
April 15th, 2017, 01:20 AM
The sizing of the show desktop button is having a strange bug.

I edit a theme and the horizontal show desktop button is way to skinny.

I open HUD machine red light and it has a big show desktop button.

I open the theme I had edited and the show desktop button looks big.

You can add those properties from int, they don't change properly when testing unless you restart explorer for some reason.

Shemhamforash
April 16th, 2017, 02:59 PM
You can add those properties from int, they don't change properly when testing unless you restart explorer for some reason.

That's working for me, thanks.

The only thing that's been giving me a hard time are the taskbar popups and the taskbar pop up when the mouse is hovering over it (the transparent box). Kinda hard to get the image positioned right or have the transparency there. I looked at your Blade and Poison themes and it's perfect in them. That's when I realized I missed the hover over preview image in my imports :sigh:. I got the rest of the new stuff figured out, just the hover over preview I'm finding a bit difficult.

Shemhamforash
April 16th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Figured out the fix for transparency is in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Thumbnails & Controls

Edit: I'm trying out using your theme images as a template for another theme's. So far it worked really well with Toxic, I think I got every feature with that update.

Shemhamforash
April 18th, 2017, 12:53 AM
Is it clear why this happens with the seperating of the images? I can't really figure it out, other than sometimes it helps to change the sizingtype.

Mr GRiM
April 18th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Is it clear why this happens with the seperating of the images? I can't really figure it out, other than sometimes it helps to change the sizingtype.

This seems to happen by design with Tihiy's implementation to highlight the active window, I did mention it to him as a bug ages ago and said that's not how it was meant to look but he didn't give any response.

Shemhamforash
April 18th, 2017, 10:51 PM
This seems to happen by design with Tihiy's implementation to highlight the active window, I did mention it to him as a bug ages ago and said that's not how it was meant to look but he didn't give any response.

Ok. I don't care for the effect, but I guess it looks alright with basic aero themes or his included styles.

Is it just me or is there now a gradient effect in the open window dialog where we added black to Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Active > Background ?

gsw953
April 18th, 2017, 11:12 PM
Ok. I don't care for the effect, but I guess it looks alright with basic aero themes or his included styles.

Is it just me or is there now a gradient effect in the open window dialog where we added black to Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Active > Background ?

Isn't your image showing the command bar? which actually is a gradient in the msstyle

Shemhamforash
April 18th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Isn't your image showing the command bar? which actually is a gradient in the msstyle

The gradient is the command bar. I just realized I made a mistake, Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Active > Background black color actually pointed to where the arrow is here:

Why is the gradient here now though, when it wasn't in imports for the Anniversary Update? I tried changing the gradient to all black, but as you can see it still has orange/color in it.

gsw953
April 19th, 2017, 12:37 AM
The gradient is the command bar. I just realized I made a mistake, Toolbars, Headers, & Rebar > Rebar > NavBar > Aero > Normal > Active > Background black color actually pointed to where the arrow is here:

Why is the gradient here now though, when it wasn't in imports for the Anniversary Update? I tried changing the gradient to all black, but as you can see it still has orange/color in it.

Try changing the image above it,the BackgroundShineLayer,to all black

Shemhamforash
April 19th, 2017, 01:24 AM
Try changing the image above it,the BackgroundShineLayer,to all black

It works, but then I lose the normal CommandModule image:

Shemhamforash
April 19th, 2017, 01:29 AM
Now it's displaying normally for no reason :idk:

Shemhamforash
April 19th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Ok, here's another new thing that seemed to have started happening on creators update. If you close a window, for example, the aero peek border briefly appears around the window

Shemhamforash
April 30th, 2017, 01:22 PM
How can a visible search field area and text to type with or highlight be added?

gsw953
April 30th, 2017, 01:48 PM
How can a visible search field area and text to type with or highlight be added?

If you add it back here,it will also be added back into the main Start Menu.
It is Start Menu>Panels>Aero>Top>Search>Open Box .You will have to change the content margins and/or the default panel size
depending on how it was removed orignally

GTI
May 4th, 2017, 10:45 PM
Hi Mr GRiM,

I and many W10 users need your help.

In w10 [14393] there is a serious problem:
The selected item within some applications does not have enough contrast and is very difficult to see.

Please see: Windows 10 [14393] - uTorrent Selected Line

http://i.imgur.com/193HEP2.png

I have searched for a solution on the internet and I have not found it.

Could you show us where we can change this color in Vista Style Builder ?

Please, Help : )

Shemhamforash
May 9th, 2017, 01:37 AM
Could someone please help me with this theme, putting the borders into the shadows? I'm about halfway there but am having some trouble, mainly I can't change the normal frames to being sized to close to 0 pixels. I was trying to make it look like the Windows 7 theme.

Mr GRiM
May 9th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Could someone please help me with this theme, putting the borders into the shadows? I'm about halfway there but am having some trouble, mainly I can't change the normal frames to being sized to close to 0 pixels. I was trying to make it look like the Windows 7 theme.

Here you go mate, to reduce the frames close to 0 you have to adjust the content margin in Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top.

GTI
May 9th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Hi Mr GRiM,

I and many W10 users need your help.

In w10 [14393] there is a serious problem:
The selected item within some applications does not have enough contrast and is very difficult to see.

Please see: Windows 10 [14393] - uTorrent Selected Line

http://i.imgur.com/193HEP2.png

I have searched for a solution on the internet and I have not found it.

Could you show us where we can change this color in Vista Style Builder?

Please, Help : )

Please, could someone help me?

Shemhamforash
May 9th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Here you go mate, to reduce the frames close to 0 you have to adjust the content margin in Windows & Caption Buttons > Aero > DWM Window > Frames > Window > Top.

Thanks Grim, the borders work well, I will be able to use them with the green theme too.

hamed
May 22nd, 2017, 01:05 PM
Whats about Win10 RS2?

Agelyk
May 22nd, 2017, 04:31 PM
Whats about Win10 RS2?

For RS2 isn't necessary because almost all RS1 themes are compatible.
You only need to add the classes to show the button of the desktop and some modification in WSB.

Shemhamforash
May 22nd, 2017, 05:06 PM
I agree about every theme for RS1 working the same as on RS2, there are no changes that have to be made other than what Agelyk (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/261036-Agelyk) said (Aero Peek doesn't work normally I found)

erelchris
June 3rd, 2017, 08:28 AM
Mr. Grim! Can I ask if you can replace the chrome (latest version) scrollbars to the default theme scrollbar. I want a Chrome OS to be able to match with my scrollbars.

Shemhamforash
October 4th, 2017, 08:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF6A0C3WsAAqzI-.jpg

How to theme the jumplist please?

Edit: And an updated shellstyle is needed eventually.

devillnside
October 4th, 2017, 10:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DF6A0C3WsAAqzI-.jpg
How to theme the jumplist please?

just where it should be shem...

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Jump List > Jump List User
Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Jump List > Jump List System

Shemhamforash
October 4th, 2017, 10:31 PM
just where it should be shem...

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Jump List > Jump List User
Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Jump List > Jump List System

Thanks, am I crazy or is mine already applied without editing the theme?

I didn't even test it, I just assumed it was something that needed to be added :ashamed:
That's a really good thing then, lol

devillnside
October 4th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Thanks, am I crazy or is mine already applied without editing the theme?

Maybe I just hadn't tried it yet :ashamed:

i think you'll find that that is the basic image with no transparency, as that's what happens to all my imports(aero images gets replaced by the basic ones for start menu). didn't matter before for the jumplists as they couldn't be themed but since the latest version of sib can theme the jumplist it takes the basic image in the locations i stated above & skins it. if that's the case then replace them with the aero & voila :peace:

Shemhamforash
October 4th, 2017, 10:42 PM
i think you'll find that that is the basic image with no transparency, as that's what happens to all my imports(aero images gets replaced by the basic ones for start menu). didn't matter before for the jumplists as they couldn't be themed but since the latest version of sib can theme the jumplist it takes the basic image in the locations i stated above & skins it. if that's the case then replace them with the aero & voila :peace:

I see, well that's not terrible than replacing them with the aero versions, at least the margins and sizes imported correctly.

devillnside
October 4th, 2017, 10:49 PM
I see, well that's not terrible than replacing them with the aero versions, at least the margins and sizes imported correctly.

yes!! it is a pleasant surprise... i love when that happens:-D

Shemhamforash
October 4th, 2017, 10:53 PM
yes!! it is a pleasant surprise... i love when that happens:-D
I find often WSB incorrectly renders transparent images when applying style hacks, then you have to replace them. Makes sense it would do it for something like this.:evil:

devillnside
October 4th, 2017, 11:01 PM
I find often WSB incorrectly renders transparent images when applying style hacks, then you have to replace them. Makes sense it would do it for something like this.:evil:

oohhhh so that why this happens.. it used to drive me nuts at the beginning but eventually i gave up when i couldn't make heads or tails of the issue..and kinds accepted it!! LOL.. thanks fmate

Shemhamforash
October 4th, 2017, 11:21 PM
oohhhh so that why this happens.. it used to drive me nuts at the beginning but eventually i gave up when i couldn't make heads or tails of the issue..and kinds accepted it!! LOL.. thanks fmate

Yeah for example, it's really easy importing an entire theme's borders and caption buttons with one style hack made from a single property (for example, close button). The problem is you will have to replace all the images with the ones from the original theme and not the style hack or else all your images with transparency will be corrupt. lol

devillnside
October 4th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Yeah for example, it's really easy importing an entire theme's borders and caption buttons with one style hack made from a single property (for example, close button). The problem is you will have to replace all the images with the ones from the original theme and not the style hack or else all your images with transparency will be corrupt. lol

right!! of course, now it makes sense. thanks for clearing that up further.

Shemhamforash
October 5th, 2017, 09:50 PM

Well, now I see it's all messed for some themes, the pin, and unpin buttons that is. Where in WSB to fix this? And where are the aero versions of these images located?

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Well, now I see it's all messed for some themes, the pin, and unpin buttons that is. Where in WSB to fix this? And where are the aero versions of these images located?

the aero images dont get imported so you would have to take them from the original themes & put them back in the windows 10 versions....

as for the pin icons they are at:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Explorer Bar > Bar > HeaderPin

but i don't think SiB can actually draw that button yet and im not entirely sure about the close button or where windows takes it from

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 12:50 PM
the aero images dont get imported so you would have to take them from the original themes & put them back in the windows 10 versions....

as for the pin icons they are at:

Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Explorer Bar > Bar > HeaderPin

but i don't think SiB can actually draw that button yet and im not entirely sure about the close button or where windows takes it from

Ah, thanks for the info. I think I actually took a look at the WIndows 7 theme but couldn't see a difference, probably I chose the wrong theme to check with.

Edit: I'm pretty sure the pin and x button come from the custom icon pack. Seeing as how on my installation of RS2 they're not there on the amd theme either

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=78718&d=1507156232

Edit 2: I had a look at the msstyles from restorator, and couldn't locate pin and close images.

It's definitely the custom icon pack, now that I'm back on RS3, all of my themes have the same close and unpin buttons (the custom ones from my screenshot). This is also a good thing, because it means less editing of the msstyles. Have you noticed any other problems with the jumplist? Or is it basically just replacing the non aero images with the aero ones from Windows 7?

I also have to fix the taskbar popup playback controls on most of my themes so far I have to: Fix those and add the aero images for jumplist. Also I have noticed the shutdown button being out of place on some themes, that should be an easy fix though, probably have to just undo something I originally had to do to the theme with an older version of SiB++.

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 03:19 PM

Hey mate, the aero jumplists are already there on my themes I think, for example one I can easily see because it's huge is Annihilator which I imported from Winows 8.1 and it looked exactly the same at the moment I imported it. The Windows 7 themes look good so far too, I have been replacing them anyways since it is hard to tell for the ones I have encountered so far,

Edit: The one thing is there is "compositing" that I would like to disable since there is blur on this jumplist image, SiB++ settings are not using blur compositing.

Another thing I'd like to do is to add glow to the taskbar icon hover preview image title text

I think a similar issue is here: http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/78242-Windows-10-Start-is-Back-transparency?p=328500&viewfull=1#post328500

Edit 2: The title glow is easily added with composited bool.

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 03:42 PM
OK now I'm really confused, can someone please explain clearly how this jumplist works? Why is it using this image for the borders? And how do I get rid of this blur compositing?

Edit: found a workaround to this and discovered it is inheriting the Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Thumbnails & Controls > ListItem for the jump lists's background.

The workaround in my case is to set this property to stretch rather than tile.

The issue of the composited transparency with blur remains.

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 05:15 PM
OK now I'm really confused, can someone please explain clearly how this jumplist works? Why is it using this image for the borders? And how do I get rid of this blur compositing?

Edit: found a workaround to this and discovered it is inheriting the Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Thumbnails & Controls > ListItem for the jump lists's background.

The issue of the composited transparency with blur remains.

what i do is i put a bool composited property here:
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls
then keep that option unchecked .. give me a clean transparent view

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls

I don't have that option. Im using the newest Custom Import Scripts build. Here is what I have:

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Shemhamforash;329962]OK now I'm really confused, can someone please explain clearly how this jumplist works? Why is it using this image for the borders? And how do I get rid of this blur compositing?

this is the problem im facing on my themes

so in your screenshots.. the frame it later uses after you set it to tile, its not using the thumbnails frame?

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Shemhamforash;329962]OK now I'm really confused, can someone please explain clearly how this jumplist works? Why is it using this image for the borders? And how do I get rid of this blur compositing?

this is the problem im facing on my themes

so in your screenshots.. the frame it later uses after you set it to tile, its not using the thumbnails frame?

Yeah, so my jumplists are inheriting the taskbar hover preview image, not the Window frames.

If that taskbar preview image is set to tile, it can cause problems with the jumplist.

Edit: btw, I haven't been able to get rid of compositing in my jumplist yet.

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 05:25 PM
I don't have that option. Im using the newest Custom Import Scripts build. Here is what I have:

huh.. you already have the option unchecked ... maybe i got you wrong.. you dont want the transparency with blur .... why dont you turn on the composited bool option & see what that gives you

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 05:27 PM
huh.. you already have the option unchecked ... maybe i got you wrong.. you dont want the transparency with blur .... why dont you turn on the composited bool option & see what that gives you

What it gives me is crappy blur with semi-transperency for the taskbar hover preview image.
What I want is nothing on the taskbar (jumplists or taskbar hover preview images) to be composited with blur.

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 05:31 PM
devillnside (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/228009-devillnside) can you possibly upload your WSB so I can use this version, I don't know what's going on with some of the available properties that I have in WSB (some are missing)

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 05:42 PM
What it gives me is crappy blur with semi-transperency for the taskbar hover preview image.
What I want is nothing on the taskbar (jumplists or taskbar hover preview images) to be composited with blur.

0 blur??? this is the closest thing i have to that & that is via the method i mentioned keep the composited property unchecked & using a dark image for background shadow & keeping the background image very transparent

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 05:45 PM
0 blur??? this is the closest thing i have to that & that is via the method i mentioned keep the composited property unchecked & using a dark image for background shadow & keeping the background image very transparent

All I need is for the jumplist to not be "composited". I think I am missing this section in my WSB for some reason.

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 05:55 PM
devillnside (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/228009-devillnside) can you possibly upload your WSB so I can use this version, I don't know what's going on with some of the available properties that I have in WSB (some are missing)

here you go mate:

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 05:58 PM
All I need is for the jumplist to not be "composited". I think I am missing this section in my WSB for some reason.

Put a Composited Bool property here & keep it uncheked
Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top
& see if that helps

P.S if you dont have the top option showing under Panels > Aero > then put it in

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Programs List

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Put a Composited Bool property here & keep it uncheked
Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top
& see if that helps

P.S if you dont have the top option showing under Panels > Aero > then put it in

Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Programs List

I don't have that property
Edit: adding the property and leaving it unchecked has no effect.

and I don't have that property either

Splitwirez
October 6th, 2017, 06:27 PM

...wait, what about setting the Alphathreshold property to 99? That should create 100% blurless transparency...unless that doesn't work on Windows 10...

Specifically referring to that property on whichever of these parts is used on 10:
Windows 8 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Taskband Extended UI > Background
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > Background

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I don't have that property
Edit: adding the property and leaving it unchecked has no effect.

and I don't have that property either

you have them & they are unchecked
but it doesnt matter... you're right... i just messed around with the properties a bit & the jumplist is still blurry

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 06:45 PM
you have them & they are unchecked
but it doesnt matter... you're right... i just messed around with the properties a bit & the jumplist is still blurry

Well at least we know it's something we both need to figure out then. I don't have a clue where else to look for this property. I made sure I was testing with a very obviously transparent image.

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 06:50 PM
...wait, what about setting the Alphathreshold property to 99? That should create 100% blurless transparency...unless that doesn't work on Windows 10...

Specifically referring to that property on whichever of these parts is used on 10:
Windows 8 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Taskband Extended UI > Background
Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Horizontal > Thumbnails & Controls > Background

alpha threshold doesnt have any effect either.... its not the extended ui thats the problem its the jumplist

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 06:56 PM
Well at least we know it's something we both need to figure out then. I don't have a clue where else to look for this property. I made sure I was testing with a very obviously transparent image.

yeah we do

Splitwirez
October 6th, 2017, 07:02 PM
alpha threshold doesnt have any effect either.... its not the extended ui thats the problem its the jumplist

Right...well I did a bit of messing around with the Jump List right now. Can't find anything.

If this was Windows 8.x, I'd just say "use WinaeroGlass", and call it done...but that doesn't work on 10, so unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to suggest D:

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Right...well I did a bit of messing around with the Jump List right now. Can't find anything.

If this was Windows 8.x, I'd just say "use WinaeroGlass", and call it done...but that doesn't work on 10, so unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to suggest D:

Thanks for your input. Maybe Grim knows?

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Unchecking composited in Start Menu (For SIB Only) > Menus > Aero > PlaceList:ListView has some effect. I searched for bool composited in wsb, and of all the results this was the only one that did anything.

Edit: Remembered another thing I have to change that doesn't happen by default with W7 imports: Windows 10 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Task Manager > Performance Charts > Copy > Grid > Active and the rest of the copy options.

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Unchecking composited in Start Menu (For SIB Only) > Menus > Aero > PlaceList:ListView has some effect. I searched for bool composited in wsb, and of all the results this was the only one that did anything.

Edit: Remembered another thing I have to change that doesn't happen by default with W7 imports: Windows 10 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Task Manager > Performance Charts > Copy > Grid > Active and the rest of the copy options.

i know about this one but the problem is if you have a transparent places list then doing this will screw it up like so:

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 09:33 PM
i know about this one but the problem is if you have a transparent places list then doing this will screw it up like so:

Yes, it also screwed up the jumplist image.

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 09:34 PM

just found out that the jumplist will get screwed up too(if it's transparent):

devillnside
October 6th, 2017, 09:35 PM
Yes, it also screwed up the jumplist image.

oh.. you got it before i did!!

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Unrelated to the issue at hand, but anyone know where this black text is located (need to turn it white):

Shemhamforash
October 6th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Just remembered another section of the msstyles that I now have to modify that isn't effected by the import script builds, those annoying mouse guestures for dragging folders around explorer:

Edit: The images I ended up using are some mods I made of the default images:

devillnside
October 7th, 2017, 03:52 AM
Unrelated to the issue at hand, but anyone know where this black text is located (need to turn it white):

Styles > TaskDialogStyle > ContentPane > Textcolor

Shemhamforash
October 7th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Styles > TaskDialogStyle > ContentPane > Textcolor

It works, thank you :tu:

devillnside
October 7th, 2017, 09:59 AM
It works, thank you :tu:

anytime mate:peace:

Shemhamforash
October 7th, 2017, 03:50 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say I was wrong about needing a new shellstyle so far. I think ONE was not working correctly for me earlier:

Edit: Still need to know where that darn setting is for the jumplist blur :anger:

equanova
April 3rd, 2019, 10:27 PM
Thanks!!!

zoom
March 14th, 2020, 07:01 AM
esta genial

it's great

XPForever
June 16th, 2024, 03:48 PM
So I followed the instructions and importing my Win7 theme to the latest Win10 failed epically, it was completely corrupt.

On top of that, opening my Win10 theme which I have been modifying with Msstyles and saving it has deleted 200 of the images and can't be opened in msstyles because it is corrupt, so that leaves little confidence for any theme created by WSB to be deployed.

And this I am told is still used by the professionals here to create custom themes? Incredibly hard to believe...

J4M3SX019
June 16th, 2024, 05:12 PM
Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2.7z
Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903.7z
hi xp if you using w10 and need themes importing you need these 2 wsbs the 7 -10 you import any theme and save then open save again close out next th2 19h1 open go to import find the theme you did and then you must apply the stylehack windows 10 1903 import fix and save theme then close make sure you apply the stylehack yeah msstyles is old anyway try this

XPForever
June 16th, 2024, 06:50 PM
Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2.7z
Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903.7z
hi xp if you using w10 and need themes importing you need these 2 wsbs the 7 -10 you import any theme and save then open save again close out next th2 19h1 open go to import find the theme you did and then you must apply the stylehack windows 10 1903 import fix and save theme then close make sure you apply the stylehack yeah msstyles is old anyway try this

I did apply the stylehack.

J4M3SX019
June 16th, 2024, 10:22 PM
hi when you applied the stylehack was all the images still there if not you might have not applied it correctly only msstyles and visual styles are different anyway try this open the 7-10 wsb first import the theme you want make sure its a windows 7 theme then go to save after open theme again and save close out after open the th2 1903 wsb press import and import the theme you did after apply the 1903 stylehack and save theme then close and try applying the theme

XPForever
June 18th, 2024, 02:52 PM
******* hell I just lost the reply I was typing. This is the number one reason I write my shit on notepad or word and just copy-paste to the browser, sigh.

Anyway, can you use some punctuation so your instructions are less confusing? Thanks.

open the 7-10 wsb first import the theme you want make sure its a windows 7 theme then go to save

We already have a problem on this first step. Doing this killed 68 images and made the msstyles file corrupt. MsstyleEditor refuses to work with it.

after open theme again and save close out

This killed 2 more images, the file remains corrupt.

after open the th2 1903 wsb press import and import the theme you did

You said import rather than open but I assume you don't want me to press the "import Win7 theme" button so I didn't. I pressed Open.

after apply the 1903 stylehack and save theme then close and try applying the theme

I applied the "10 TH2 import fix" stylehack, the only one on the list, it asked me if I want to import the images which I pressed yes and saved. It added back 2 images, or it could've deleted 500 and added back 502, I don't know. File remains corrupt. I also can't apply the theme yet because I'm using Win10 21H2, not TH2. I'm not using RS1 either but RS1 is more current than TH2 so I assume I must convert to RS1 first.

Now, the instructions for converting 10 TH2 to 10 RS1 say to press "Import Win7 theme" even though it's not a Win7 theme anymore, so this contradicts my assumption to press Open rather than Win7 earlier but I'll never know without you clarifying.

1. Open the folder called "Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1"

2. Open the WSB Program.

Step 6 killed 22 more images. And after all that:

[Window Title]Windows Style Builder

[Main Instruction]
Error Testing MsStyles File

[Content]
There was an error applying the Test MsStyles File, this usually signals an error in the MsStyles file.

[Ok]

What now?

J4M3SX019
June 18th, 2024, 06:42 PM
hi yeah when you use the wsb dont press open you need to press import after you pressed import go to save then open the theme again and press save this is using the the Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2 (https://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=83317&d=1562880347) this is the first wsb you need to use next you need to use Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903. (https://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=83216&d=1562371489) when you open this 1 dont press open go to import and find the theme you just saved after you pressed import you need to go to apply stylehack you need to apply the 1903 stylehack then save the theme after that close out hopefully it should work

XPForever
June 18th, 2024, 07:31 PM
hi yeah when you use the wsb dont press open you need to press import after you pressed import go to save then open the theme again and press save this is using the the Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2 (https://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=83317&d=1562880347) this is the first wsb you need to use next you need to use Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903. (https://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=83216&d=1562371489) when you open this 1 dont press open go to import and find the theme you just saved after you pressed import you need to go to apply stylehack you need to apply the 1903 stylehack then save the theme after that close out hopefully it should work

Just for clarification, the Windows Style Builder TH2 - 19H1 1903 is the WSB 10TH2-10RS1 right? Also, why is there an EXE with "BSC" added to the name alongside the regular WSB? Which do I open or does it matter?

J4M3SX019
June 18th, 2024, 07:55 PM
hi no they are different use the ones i mentioned also i use the 1 without bsc at end of name ok as i mentioned in my last comment use them 2 wsbs run as admin if you cant import any theme just pm me the theme and i will do it for you

XPForever
June 19th, 2024, 02:23 PM
hi no they are different use the ones i mentioned also i use the 1 without bsc at end of name ok as i mentioned in my last comment use them 2 wsbs run as admin if you cant import any theme just pm me the theme and i will do it for you

I'm confused, that WSB is not in the 7Z the OP of this thread provided. This is what I got:

Windows Style Builder.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder RS1\Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1\ 3.01 MB 1/2/2015 1:50 PM
Windows Style Builder - BSC.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder RS1\Windows Style Builder 8-10 RS1\ 3.01 MB 12/30/2014 11:10 PM
Windows Style Builder.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder TH2\Windows Style Builder 10-10 TH2\ 3.01 MB 1/2/2015 1:50 PM
Windows Style Builder - BSC.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder TH2\Windows Style Builder 10-10 TH2\ 3.01 MB 12/30/2014 11:10 PM
Windows Style Builder.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder TH2\Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2\ 3.01 MB 1/2/2015 1:50 PM
Windows Style Builder - BSC.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder TH2\Windows Style Builder 7-10 TH2\ 3.01 MB 12/30/2014 11:10 PM
Windows Style Builder.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder TH2\Windows Style Builder 8-10 TH2\ 3.01 MB 1/2/2015 1:50 PM
Windows Style Builder - BSC.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder TH2\Windows Style Builder 8-10 TH2\ 3.01 MB 12/30/2014 11:10 PM
Windows Style Builder.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder RS1\Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1\ 3.01 MB 1/2/2015 1:50 PM
Windows Style Builder - BSC.exe Z:\Windows Style Builder with w10 scripts\Windows Style Builder RS1\Windows Style Builder 10-10 RS1\ 3.01 MB 12/30/2014 11:10 PM

So which EXE do I run?

I can PM you my theme, if you are able to convert it without corruption, it will prove there's something wrong with my workflow rather than WSB.