PDA

View Full Version : WIndows 7 Theme Clock problem please help

ThePathOfBlood
February 15th, 2016, 12:41 AM
So I am having problems with my themes, problem that is messed up is "The clock/date"

When I'm not using any themes my clock and everything is fine, even aero is cool....

I can even use the theme from asus website the windows 7 theme..

But when I go to use a proper full on edit theme any theme that is.... my clock/date messes up?!

I have 2 pictures I can provide... Any one that can help i'll be really grateful thanks

Picture 1 no problem

Picture 2 problem...

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2016, 01:49 AM
You can try and install the theme's included fonts. If by messed up you mean that the date is missing, this is part of the design of this particular theme and cannot be changed. There are many other themes to choose from where the full date is visible.

ThePathOfBlood
February 15th, 2016, 12:43 PM
You can try and install the theme's included fonts. If by messed up you mean that the date is missing, this is part of the design of this particular theme and cannot be changed. There are many other themes to choose from where the full date is visible.

I've already reinstlaled it and deleted it and reinstalled, it's a .exe installation it's the "Asus Premium them pack"..

and this one has apparently also fulldate.. but some reaosn it doesn't work and I clearly said it applies to every theme i try.

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2016, 01:50 PM
My apologies, I must have looked at the screenshot for the W8.1 port which doesn't seem to have the full date. I have this theme as well and will see if I can replicate this later on. It would be helpful if you could list the various apps you're using to tweak your system. As for the fonts, according to the page in the shop there's an Extras folder included, have a look in there for them.

ThePathOfBlood
February 15th, 2016, 06:09 PM
For some reason the only theme I can use that 100% works properly. isn't even really a theme it just changes the look of the bar around windows to black, as can see in screen shot one, the theme is from asus website, and just changes the star icon.

But any proper theme that edits, bars, and so on and so forth, doesn't seem to like clock date/ bottom right of screen.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, I have used UniversalThemePatcher

Steps Prier installation of theme.

1)used theme patcher
2)restarted after theme patcher
3)installed theme
4) restarted pc.

Really disappointing that It always destroys clock and date no matter what theme I use.

If you could see if you can find out the problem that be grateful, Also I couldn't find the fonts folder!, so guess the maker didn't maker one, and just stuck with it and just stuck with the Installation.EXE auto setup for people

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2016, 08:53 PM
I searched a long time for what that font is and you're right it's not included in any of the downloads.
Here is a large collection of fonts I always install, it's bound to be one of them. Just press Ctrl+A, Right click and install.

You should also install Theme Resource Changer so your start orb and explorer navigation buttons change automatically on theme selection: https://winempyrean.net/theme-resource-changer/

ThePathOfBlood
February 15th, 2016, 09:19 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!, your fonts folder worked perfectly I installed all your fonts that you had and the clock and date show properly!!! absolutely amazing! I guess it was a font or a bunch of "FONTS" i never had, shame there was no proper font folder provided on the store page of the theme and the OP didn't say anything, or I wouldn't be hear searching for help!

You sir are fantastic!!! and I went to that theme resource changer you provided that link? didn't say where or how to download.

Either way thank you so much!!!

p.s I went a head and backed up your fonts to an USB, as I don't know how to get my fonts folder, or where ever it's located, just encase i ever format my pc or reinstall windows or something, thank you so much!,

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2016, 09:28 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!, your fonts folder worked perfectly I installed all your fonts that you had and the clock and date show properly!!! absolutely amazing! I guess it was a font or a bunch of "FONTS" i never had, shame there was no proper font folder provided on the store page of the theme and the OP didn't say anything, or I wouldn't be hear searching for help!

You sir are fantastic!!! and I went to that theme resource changer you provided that link? didn't say where or how to download.

Either way thank you so much!!!

p.s I went a head and backed up your fonts to an USB, as I don't know how to get my fonts folder, or where ever it's located, just encase i ever format my pc or reinstall windows or something, thank you so much!,

That's great news! Nice, all you needed to do was install the theme's fonts. One Man Army must assume we have the fonts installed already since they're used in other popular themes on VC.

Here is a copy of Theme Resource Changer. Before you install it, be sure to revert to the default Windows 7 start orb as other apps that are used to manually change the start orb will interfere with the way Theme Resource Changer works. Enjoy!

Shemhamforash
February 15th, 2016, 09:43 PM
If you test the start orb by switching to another theme and it doesn't change with the theme and you have already tried to revert to the default start orb in the app for manually changing the start orb, follow these steps:

1. Search "cmd" in start menu, right click Command Prompt and "Run as administrator"
2. Type sfc/scannow and press enter.
3. Do not close the command prompt and allow the scan to complete.
4. Reboot and change themes, if the start orb is not changing still with custom themes, reinstall Theme Resource Changer.