PDA

View Full Version : Cannot uninstall ultrauxthemepatcher, help!

TheOriginal
February 16th, 2016, 05:53 AM
Hey there guys. I signed up for this site hoping to get some help after coming across a couple forum posts on Google.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes. My problem is that after uninstalling ultrauxthemepatcher and rebooting I'm met with a black screen and the occasional flash of my network bar. Same goes for when Windows 8 tries to update, so I've turned off updates for now as others I've come across have also done. I'm really not sure how to go about removing this program. Can any of you offer advice?

Robbo
February 16th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Try system restore, hopefully someone here might be able to give you more info.

Also I am pretty sure sfc/scannow might help as it is a system file checker.

And a warm welcome to Virtual customs TheOriginal (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/306632-TheOriginal)

TheOriginal
February 16th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Thank you for your advice, however I used system restore to restore to the point right before I uninstall it, however it's been so long since I installed it, I do not have a restore point before I installed it.

TheOriginal
February 16th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Thank you, I'll give scannow a look.

Dark Knight
February 16th, 2016, 05:46 PM
If the sfc\ scannow does not work unfortunately your probably going to have to do a system reset or restore, assuming you don't have a backup or image of your system handy.

Others here may have a different opinion of the ultrauxthemepatcher or uxstyler but personally I think they are both garbage, they are not maintained well enough and are nothing but a pain in the neck because they hardly if ever uninstall properly or at all, even if you follow their uninstall instructions properly.
I have had the same problem that you are experiencing with the black screen on reboot on both Windows 8 / 8.1 and 10 and wound up having to do system restores / reinstalls and resets more times I even care to think about when I tried to uninstall them so I stopped using them and now I only use the Ux Theme Signature Bypass by Big Muscle, it's stable and it works much better and does not "break" your system every time a Windows update comes along.

TheOriginal
February 17th, 2016, 03:00 AM
System Restore does nothing but get me out of the black screen, and back to square one. But if I do a system reset, will this wipe out Windows 8? Because I do not have the disc for the operating system. As you can tell, I'm by no means a computer expert.

Shemhamforash
February 17th, 2016, 03:06 AM
System Restore does nothing but get me out of the black screen, and back to square one. But if I do a system reset, will this wipe out Windows 8? Because I do not have the disc for the operating system. As you can tell, I'm by no means a computer expert.

Remove everything and reinstall Windows (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc#)

If you want to recycle your PC, give it away, or start over with it, you can reset it completely.

Note

If you upgraded your PC from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and your PC has a Windows 8 recovery partition, resetting your PC will restore Windows 8. You’ll need to upgrade to Windows 8.1 after the reset has finished.

Warning

All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

To reset your PC

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
Follow the instructions on the screen.

Shemhamforash
February 17th, 2016, 03:13 AM
Moved to Windows 8 Help and Support. http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1121-Help-and-Support

TheOriginal
February 17th, 2016, 03:11 PM
I reset my computer last night. Thanks for your help guys!