PDA

View Full Version : Shellstyle.dll's

Dark Knight
February 23rd, 2016, 08:07 PM
I have been porting over many of my favorite Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 themes to Windows 10 using WSB with Grims style hacks. I have ported over the entire HUD Machine White series, one of One Man Army's themes and a couple of Gor's themes. The HUD Machine White series didn't give me a problem because I used Grims shellstyle.dll used on Windows 10 from another of his themes already ported to 10.

The problem I am finding with other artists themes is replacing their shellstyle.dll's for use on Windows 10, even if I take it from another of their themes already ported to Windows 10, it's hit and miss, sometimes it works and sometimes not and when it doesn't work when I go to test the theme in WSB it locks my system up and I have to do a hard shutdown and restart.

Is there anything I can do about this? I mean is there a generic shellstyle.dll I can use when porting Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 themes over to Windows 10?

mike 59
February 23rd, 2016, 10:23 PM
hi mike 59 would you please dark knight can you please share you ported win 10 hud white please please

freak69ize
February 24th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I have been porting over many of my favorite Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 themes to Windows 10 using WSB with Grims style hacks. I have ported over the entire HUD Machine White series, one of One Man Army's themes and a couple of Gor's themes. The HUD Machine White series didn't give me a problem because I used Grims shellstyle.dll used on Windows 10 from another of his themes already ported to 10.

The problem I am finding with other artists themes is replacing their shellstyle.dll's for use on Windows 10, even if I take it from another of their themes already ported to Windows 10, it's hit and miss, sometimes it works and sometimes not and when it doesn't work when I go to test the theme in WSB it locks my system up and I have to do a hard shutdown and restart.

Is there anything I can do about this? I mean is there a generic shellstyle.dll I can use when porting Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 themes over to Windows 10?

Ive used the shell folder from most of the 8.1 themes ive ported over to 10.. or i use Mr Grims from Hud Evolution 10. Only one ive had a problem with so far is Sufferance Red

Dark Knight
February 24th, 2016, 03:04 AM
hi mike 59 would you please dark knight can you please share you ported win 10 hud white please please

Mike59, the HUD White theme series not made available yet to all members and I am not allowed to share them. If you would like a set of these themes you will have to talk to Grim himself.

Dark Knight
February 24th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Ive used the shell folder from most of the 8.1 themes ive ported over to 10.. or i use Mr Grims from Hud Evolution 10. Only one ive had a problem with so far is Sufferance Red

I have found that even the shellstyle.dll from the HUD Evolution 10 theme is not guaranteed to work 100% of the time either and being it is from a blue theme if you use it on lets say a red theme with red fonts it will change the font color to blue or not change the font color at all and leave it white.

Also, don't know if it's coincidence or not, at the moment the one that is giving me a hard time is Sufferance Blue .... LOL. Seems to me that it is Gor's and Razorsedge's themes that are being the pain in the butt about being ported over.

Shemhamforash
March 20th, 2016, 03:38 PM
I know what you mean, it's definitely hit and miss for me so far. I've been using Windows 7 themes. Either control panel doesn't open or explorer as a whole won't open. I've been trying with HUD Evolution for 10 Shell folder. I just tried using the Shell from freak69ize' Magnum port, it's working for the theme I was trying it with. :Smile:

freak69ize
March 20th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I know what you mean, it's definitely hit and miss for me so far. I've been using Windows 7 themes. Either control panel doesn't open or explorer as a whole won't open. I've been trying with HUD Evolution for 10 Shell folder. I just tried using the Shell from freak69ize' Magnum port, it's working for the theme I was trying it with. :Smile:

I use the shell folder from Cryptic Blue ( Lamia's 8.1 port ) a lot.. seems to work better on some themes.