PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 culminatve update - KB3140743

Dark Knight
March 2nd, 2016, 03:31 AM
Beware after installing Windows 10 cumulative update KB3140743 it will break AeroGlass, after reboot you will get the following error ........

And if you are running a custom theme it will not look right until you uninstall AeroGlass

Shemhamforash
March 2nd, 2016, 01:24 PM
Beware after installing Windows 10 cumulative update KB3140743 it will break AeroGlass, after reboot you will get the following error ........

And if you are running a custom theme it will not look right until you uninstall AeroGlass

You may want to try this installer by Grim for the older and more stable version of Aero Glass v1.4. You'll still get the error message as well as there is no blur behind windows. However, it works well and I think it should work after that update since I still use it on all the newer Rs1 preview builds with no issues.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70486-SIB-Supports-W10-Taskbar-(thanks-a-million-Mr-Grim-and-Dark-Knight)/page2?p=309627&viewfull=1#post309627

Dark Knight
March 2nd, 2016, 02:26 PM
You may want to try this installer by Grim for the older and more stable version of Aero Glass v1.4. You'll still get the error message as well as there is no blur behind windows. However, it works well and I think it should work after that update since I still use it on all the newer Rs1 preview builds with no issues.

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/70486-SIB-Supports-W10-Taskbar-(thanks-a-million-Mr-Grim-and-Dark-Knight)/page2?p=309627&viewfull=1#post309627

Hmmm...... that one worked, I tried the version 1.4 from the AeroGlass site last night and it did not work :tu:

freak69ize
March 2nd, 2016, 06:52 PM
I took the update and same thing happened... uninstalled it and everything back to normal

Dark Knight
March 2nd, 2016, 08:47 PM
I took the update and same thing happened... uninstalled it and everything back to normal

Actually, and it's kinda my fault because I was pushing the limit with AeroGlass 1.4.5 which was not designed for TH2 but it did work, the only thing that happened to me is that the update KB3140743 broke AeroGlass 1.4.5, if you use the link above and install Grim's installer of v1.4 everything is fine. Personally, I would uninstall AeroGlass 1.4.5 if you have it installed, select the default Windows theme then install the update KB3140743 . After which you can install v1.4 of AeroGlass and go back to using whatever custom theme you like.

freak69ize
March 2nd, 2016, 09:16 PM
Actually, and it's kinda my fault because I was pushing the limit with AeroGlass 1.4.5 which was not designed for TH2 but it did work, the only thing that happened to me is that the update KB3140743 broke AeroGlass 1.4.5, if you use the link above and install Grim's installer of v1.4 everything is fine. Personally, I would uninstall AeroGlass 1.4.5 if you have it installed, select the default Windows theme then install the update KB3140743 . After which you can install v1.4 of AeroGlass and go back to using whatever custom theme you like.

Looks like that what im gonna have to do. After uninstalling update and setting computer to not to automatically install updates.. it did it anyways... so my pc just asked for a restart to install updates about 15 mins ago. lol

Nimbi
March 3rd, 2016, 07:48 AM
Hello,

I may be having a problem with AeroGlass but I'm not entirely sure. I figured it would be a good idea to check here first. So, basically, my system recently went through an update just a few hours ago, and ever since the update, I've been getting an incompatibility message upon startup. Here is a screenshot of it.

I'm not sure why it's suddenly doing this. I know I'm running the free version, but it's never shown the incompatibility message before. I'm on Windows 10 TH2 build 10586.122.
Here's a screenshot of my system info for reference. Does anyone know what is causing this, and if there is a fix for it? If so, please let me know what I need to do about this.

freak69ize
March 3rd, 2016, 10:44 PM
Hello,

I may be having a problem with AeroGlass but I'm not entirely sure. I figured it would be a good idea to check here first. So, basically, my system recently went through an update just a few hours ago, and ever since the update, I've been getting an incompatibility message upon startup. Here is a screenshot of it.

I'm not sure why it's suddenly doing this. I know I'm running the free version, but it's never shown the incompatibility message before. I'm on Windows 10 TH2 build 10586.122.
Here's a screenshot of my system info for reference. Does anyone know what is causing this, and if there is a fix for it? If so, please let me know what I need to do about this.

Read entire thread.. in there is your answer

freak69ize
March 3rd, 2016, 10:55 PM

Im using these symbols and everything is back to normal.. even blur

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72648&stc=1