PDA

View Full Version : Problem with BGE on Mech Themes for Windows 10 TH2

Nimbi
March 27th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Hello,

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, so I'm just posting it here. I just want to say, don't use black glass enhanced on the Mech themes for Windows 10 TH2. It doesn't work properly on them. I tried taking screenshots but the screenshots wouldn't capture the problem for some dumbass reason.

Simply put, With bge active, not only do the windows become too transparent to see, but when you move an open window with bge active, it leaves a crap ton of after images every few pixels making the window completely impossible to make out.

I'm not sure why BGE has this effect, but unless someone can figure it out and fix it, I would advise against using BGE with the Mech themes for Windows 10 TH2.

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Does it happen on other themes as well?

freak69ize
March 27th, 2016, 12:58 AM
Hello,

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, so I'm just posting it here. I just want to say, don't use black glass enhanced on the Mech themes for Windows 10 TH2. It doesn't work properly on them. I tried taking screenshots but the screenshots wouldn't capture the problem for some dumbass reason.

Simply put, With bge active, not only do the windows become too transparent to see, but when you move an open window with bge active, it leaves a crap ton of after images every few pixels making the window completely impossible to make out.

I'm not sure why BGE has this effect, but unless someone can figure it out and fix it, I would advise against using BGE with the Mech themes for Windows 10 TH2.

Is this what you get? lol i cant use BGE on any theme.. this is what i get every time

Nimbi
March 27th, 2016, 01:12 AM
Is this what you get? lol i cant use BGE on any theme.. this is what i get every time

Yes, but for me the effect your nav pane is getting takes effect when i move the window and spreads throughout the entire window, while continuing to appear as an after image in spots that the windows has been moved through as well.

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 01:15 AM
Just use Blend (http://devrexster.deviantart.com/art/bLend-v0-0-0-1-76090504) instead,also if you use Blend you can make new style windows(Windows Apps)
transparent too!

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73034&stc=1

freak69ize
March 27th, 2016, 01:37 AM
Just use Blend (http://devrexster.deviantart.com/art/bLend-v0-0-0-1-76090504) instead,also if you use Blend you can make new style windows(Windows Apps)
transparent too!

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73034&stc=1

That makes everything transparent bud. lol i cant deal with chrome being transparent

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 01:44 AM
That makes everything transparent bud. lol i cant deal with chrome being transparent
Use the setting ,you can choose which windows you want to be transparent and to what level.
You can even do the old style Windows 7 time\date.cpl with it

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 02:09 AM
Oh and back to the original issue
BGE seems to work fine for me
although I did change the colorization color in the .theme file
to 0XC9000000
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73041&stc=1

freak69ize
March 27th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Oh and back to the original issue
BGE seems to work fine for me
although I did change the colorization color in the .theme file
to 0XC9000000
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73041&stc=1

That works better but issue still persists with me anyways. I wonder if its bcuz im using my tv for monitor? Will check my other pc and see if it works right on it

Edit: Works great on my other pc with smaller screen.... odd

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 02:50 AM
That works better but issue still persists with me anyways. I wonder if its bcuz im using my tv for monitor? Will check my other pc and see if it works right on it

Edit: Works great on my other pc with smaller screen.... odd
The transparency level for BGE is controlled by the third and fourth numbers in the .theme colorization color
when doing ports for windows 7 themes they sometimes need to be changed,C9 is 85%
where as the original 1A is only 10% making it almost clear.
Here is the codes and transparency levels for future reference

Alpha Level
HEX Code

100%
FF

95%
F2

90%
E6

85%
D9

80%
CC

75%
BF

70%
B3

65%
A6

60%

55%
8C

50%

45%

40%

35%

30%
4D

25%

20%

15%

10%
1A

5%
0D

0%

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 03:15 AM
The transparency level for BGE is controlled by the third and fourth numbers in the .theme colorization color
when doing ports for windows 7 themes they sometimes need to be changed,C9 is 85%

Alpha Level
HEX Code

100%
FF

95%
F2

90%
E6

85%
D9

80%
CC

75%
BF

70%
B3

65%
A6

60%

55%
8C

50%

45%

40%

35%

30%
4D

25%

20%

15%

10%
1A

5%
0D

0%

Thanks for this information. BGE hasn't been working for a long time for me now but if I can get it to work with some symbols after messing with AeroGlass I may have some thmes to reupload :sigh:

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 03:26 AM
Thanks for this information. BGE hasn't been working for a long time for me now but if I can get it to work with some symbols after messing with AeroGlass I may have some thmes to reupload :sigh:
I haven't had any issues at all with either BGE or AeroGlass
I have seen some people have but they have both been working fine for me
My build is 10586.164 and as far as I can tell the AeroGlass I'm using is 1.4.2.506

freak69ize
March 27th, 2016, 03:30 AM

Alpha Level
HEX Code

100%
FF

95%
F2

90%
E6

85%
D9

80%
CC

75%
BF

70%
B3

65%
A6

60%

55%
8C

50%

45%

40%

35%

30%
4D

25%

20%

15%

10%
1A

5%
0D

0%

Thanks buddy.. bookmarked this page for now. Been awhile since ive seen you on... you still on west coast canada?

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 03:37 AM
Thanks buddy.. bookmarked this page for now. Been awhile since ive seen you on... you still on west coast canada?
Ya I'm still out here,work has been super busy.I have been doing some crazy cars,check my FB page

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 03:43 AM
I haven't had any issues at all with either BGE or AeroGlass
I have seen some people have but they have both been working fine for me
My build is 10586.164 and as far as I can tell the AeroGlass I'm using is 1.4.2.506

Thank you very much. Big Muscle maybe has updated his installer? Last time I tried v1.4.5 there were artifacts everywhere and definitely no BGE. I changed to your C9 code and it works great. Now to update the themes.

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Thank you very much. Big Muscle maybe has updated his installer? Last time I tried v1.4.5 there were artifacts everywhere and definitely no BGE. I changed to your C9 code and it works great. Now to update the themes.
If your going to update the themes you could also add TEXTCOLOR for the property windows
as shown here

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 03:57 AM
If your going to update the themes you could also add TEXTCOLOR for the property windows
as shown here

Ah yes I noticed that blackness, thanks for the tip, will do!
How about those black caption titles and themed rc menu for the start menu? Those are two things I cannot figure out.

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 04:12 AM
How about those black caption titles and themed rc menu for the start menu? Those are two things I cannot figure out.
I will have a look and get back to you shortly

freak69ize
March 27th, 2016, 04:16 AM

haha for real man... ive looked every where for the rc menu on the start menu. I thought it might be in Start menu>SIB... nope.. not that i can find.

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Hmm, this is odd. Most of the imported Windows 7 themes don't seem to be overly transparent with their 0X1A000000 codes, definitely Mech needs to be fixed. Other themes turn white with C9/D9. Stealth when it's black without modification becomes white with BGE.

freak69ize
March 27th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Hmm, this is odd. Most of the imported Windows 7 themes don't seem to be overly transparent with their 0X1A000000 codes, definitely Mech needs to be fixed. Other themes turn white with C9/D9. Stealth when it's black without modification becomes white with BGE.

Yeah i noticed that. I had to mess with the slider in Color and Appearance

Also with the Mech Blue theme its hard to read with BGE on... i might give recoloring it to a lighter shade of blue a go.... but not tonight.... time to get my drink on. lol

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 04:34 AM
Do these levels of transparency look bad to you @freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) @gsw953 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) ?
I have not modified ASUS Pink and that's how most are but they look OK to me.

Stealth blue I had to change to 0X1A000000.

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 04:58 AM
haha for real man... ive looked every where for the rc menu on the start menu. I thought it might be in Start menu>SIB... nope.. not that i can find.

The SIB right click menu seems to be using ImmersiveStart:Menu properties,so same as the desktop right click
The glow color around the text is COLORS(global) GLOWCOLOR,Just make it the same color as ImmersiveStart:Menu>popupbackground

gsw953
March 27th, 2016, 05:03 AM
Do these levels of transparency look bad to you @freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) @gsw953 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/178470-gsw953) ?
I have not modified ASUS Pink and that's how most are but they look OK to me.

Stealth blue I had to change to 0X1A000000.
I always look at it over a white or light wallpaper to see if it is dark enough to be readable

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 05:16 AM
I always look at it over a white or light wallpaper to see if it is dark enough to be readable

I see, I tried a white background with Black10v2 and MECH after the modification, both look very readable. Most of the themes are fine, there are a few that have ugly text but I wonder if it's the text color itself in conjunction with BGE. I'm finding it difficult to fine tune the transparency levels without them turning white. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort figuring it out since there are some themes for instance Poison by Mr Grim that's impossible to read with the white background, but it's fine with a light grey. I have to reupload MECH and Stealth though, so thanks for your help! For the start rc menu I haven't figured that one out yet but I'll keep trying. I wish that were part of the custom import scripts to automatically change it to being themed.

Shemhamforash
March 27th, 2016, 04:13 PM
The SIB right click menu seems to be using ImmersiveStart:Menu properties,so same as the desktop right click
The glow color around the text is COLORS(global) GLOWCOLOR,Just make it the same color as ImmersiveStart:Menu>popupbackground

Hi, I'm able to remove GLOWCOLOR now, but when you say the rc menu is the same as the desktop right click is there a way to copy the settings over that are used when you have disabled the immersive menu using the reg hack for the desktop into the start menu parameters? Do you think this would be in the form of another reg hack similar to the one to disable the immersive menu for the desktop? Thanks for all your help!

Edit: I don't think it's possible I just tested Blade which I thought had the classic rc menu on the start menu but it seems like its just the immersive menu with a black background and a nice border. If that's the case and it's not possibly to be fully skinned than I don't think it's necessary to update themes just to change the background color and remove GLOWCOLOR.

Nimbi
March 28th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Okay, just downloaded the now updated version of the Mech themes, and am still having problems with BGE. Basically, now it isnt becoming transparent w/o tweaking it via AeroGlassGUI. And even then i still get the after image glitch when moving any windows effected by BGE. Is it possible that I'm getting the issue due to the incompatibility problem in AeroGlass? If so I'm probably not going to be able to use BGE since I don't understand the crap on MS website to gain the friggin' symbols.

Shemhamforash
March 28th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Okay, just downloaded the now updated version of the Mech themes, and am still having problems with BGE. Basically, now it isnt becoming transparent w/o tweaking it via AeroGlassGUI. And even then i still get the after image glitch when moving any windows effected by BGE. Is it possible that I'm getting the issue due to the incompatibility problem in AeroGlass? If so I'm probably not going to be able to use BGE since I don't understand the crap on MS website to gain the friggin' symbols.

Try the symbols from this post http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/71154-Saying-hello!/page8?p=312121&viewfull=1#post312121
And I downloaded 1.4.5 from Aero Glass website and it's working with those symbols.

Nimbi
March 28th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Try the symbols from this post http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/71154-Saying-hello!/page8?p=312121&viewfull=1#post312121
And I downloaded 1.4.5 from Aero Glass website and it's working with those symbols.

Ok, so do i extract the entire symbols folder into the c:\AeroGlass directory or do I extract the contents only into the c:\AeroGlass directory? (sorry if this is a stupid question, i've never done this before, lol. I'm on the free version, lol)

Shemhamforash
March 28th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Ok, so do i extract the entire symbols folder into the c:\AeroGlass directory or do I extract the contents only into the c:\AeroGlass directory? (sorry if this is a stupid question, i've never done this before, lol. I'm on the free version, lol)

You should extract the folder "symbols" into your AeroGlass directory.

Nimbi
March 28th, 2016, 10:55 PM
You should extract the folder "symbols" into your AeroGlass directory.

Extracted the symbols folder into my AeroGlass directory, but am still getting this.

Maybe, some instructions on what I have to do to get the proper symbols? (in other words, a dumbed down version of what i need to get from MS website, what needs to be done, and how to do it)

Shemhamforash
March 28th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Extracted the symbols folder into my AeroGlass directory, but am still getting this.

Maybe, some instructions on what I have to do to get the proper symbols? (in other words, a dumbed down version of what i need to get from MS website, what needs to be done, and how to do it)

What I told is what I did to get the symbols working. I have the same incompatibility message as you. The question is whether BGE is working and whether you're getting any artifacts on the screen.

Nimbi
March 29th, 2016, 12:44 AM
What I told is what I did to get the symbols working. I have the same incompatibility message as you. The question is whether BGE is working and whether you're getting any artifacts on the screen.

Ok, just checked. It worked perfectly. Thanks =)