PDA

View Full Version : Custom Import Scripts Import for Windows 7/8.1?

Shemhamforash
May 8th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have similar custom import scripts for WSB like the ones for importing themes to Windows 10.
For example, there are some Windows 8.1 themes that would be nice to have on Windows 7, there are also some Windows 10 themes that I'd like for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

I thought I'd go about it the manual way for example if I have a recolor of Toxic importing those graphics into WSB using the orignal theme and then overwriting it.
I tried with the default WSB, the public beta and also Mr GRiM's custom import WSB executables. None of them seme to work for either 7 or 8.1 OS's, the themes don't apply at all after changing one thing and saving the theme.
So I'd also like to know why that is. Could someone could please explain to me why that is happening?

I understand it's probably a lot of work to make custom import scripts, but I'd be grateful if it were made that easy.

nicely
May 8th, 2016, 06:20 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to have similar custom import scripts for WSB like the ones for importing themes to Windows 10.
For example, there are some Windows 8.1 themes that would be nice to have on Windows 7, there are also some Windows 10 themes that I'd like for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

I thought I'd go about it the manual way for example if I have a recolor of Toxic importing those graphics into WSB using the orignal theme and then overwriting it.
I tried with the default WSB, the public beta and also Mr GRiM's custom import WSB executables. None of them seme to work for either 7 or 8.1 OS's, the themes don't apply at all after changing one thing and saving the theme.
So I'd also like to know why that is. Could someone could please explain to me why that is happening?

I understand it's probably a lot of work to make custom import scripts, but I'd be grateful if it were made that easy.

From Mr. Blade and Grim maybe find something usefull there :).
https://mrbladedesigns.com/import-windows-7-themes-to-windows-8-8-1-mega-tutorial/

Shemhamforash
May 8th, 2016, 07:06 PM
From Mr. Blade and Grim maybe find something usefull there :).
https://mrbladedesigns.com/import-windows-7-themes-to-windows-8-8-1-mega-tutorial/

I'm looking to import a Windows 8.1 or 10 theme to Windows 7 not vice versa.

nicely
May 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
I'm looking to import a Windows 8.1 or 10 theme to Windows 7 not vice versa.

oh gotcha...
if stylehacks script can delete entries on WSB so will be easy to make script ^^

Shemhamforash
May 8th, 2016, 08:29 PM
oh gotcha...
if stylehacks script can delete entries on WSB so will be easy to make script ^^

That's what I was hoping maybe it wouldn't be too hard for Mr GRiM and he could develop a script for this purpose.
Obviously you'd need to take a few images from the .msstyles for the Theme Resource Changer folders, but that would be no problem.
A few forum members have asked for new Windows 7 or 8.1 themes and I'd be happy to import some for them.

Mr GRiM
May 9th, 2016, 06:05 AM
I don't know if it's possible, well at least it has never been an option in WSB anyway, it has always been from an older to a newer, my import scripts would definitely not work though, they are a one way thing, I would have to rewrite the script but pretty do the reverse of any differences that had to be made to import the themes to windows 10.

freak69ize
May 9th, 2016, 07:17 AM
I would think your only option would to find a base W7 theme and import all the images from your W10 theme to it.. one by one

Shemhamforash
May 9th, 2016, 11:56 AM
OK that makes sense. Thanks for the reply anyway Mr GRiM.

I would think your only option would to find a base W7 theme and import all the images from your W10 theme to it.. one by one

Edit: I must have been selecting import seven theme rather than open, it's working now.

freak69ize
May 9th, 2016, 12:11 PM
OK that makes sense. Thanks for the reply anyway Mr GRiM.

I've tried doing that as I said and as soon as I change one thing in the W7 theme and save the theme it won't apply. What am I doing wrong? Tried on all the different versions of WSB.

do you have a program like restorator or equivalent to it?? Try extracting image folder from msstyle. Do you have a working W7 os installed?

Shemhamforash
May 9th, 2016, 12:14 PM
do you have a program like restorator or equivalent to it?? Try extracting image folder from msstyle. Do you have a working W7 os installed?

Yeah I do have both resorator and Windows 7 see my previous post I must have been using the import function instead... Thanks

Shemhamforash
May 9th, 2016, 12:34 PM
@freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) the problem with doing it manually is that it really only works with recolors. Actual themes would be way to hard to completely redo. For instance I'd like to have gsw953's new themes for 10 on 7/8.1 but I can't do it without custom import scripts.

gsw953
May 9th, 2016, 02:39 PM
@freak69ize (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/201075-freak69ize) the problem with doing it manually is that it really only works with recolors. Actual themes would be way to hard to completely redo. For instance I'd like to have gsw953's new themes for 10 on 7/8.1 but I can't do it without custom import scripts.

You could do it the old fashion way and actual make a theme from scratch. Like we did in the old days :)

Shemhamforash
May 9th, 2016, 02:49 PM
You could do it the old fashion way and actual make a theme from scratch. Like we did in the old days :)

For sure, I was thinking about doing that someday like using the Blade base and making a theme for Windows 7.
I'd definitely need to work on my graphical design skills though. I've been spoiled with all these ports! lol