PDA

View Full Version : Win Update MiniTool

jedi
June 18th, 2016, 01:17 AM
Hey everybody, hello! Back a few months ago, I came across a Windows update tool that worked in Windows 10. Somehow I've deleted it, and now I can no longer remember what it was called, or where I got it. This is a bummer. If I recall correctly someone here told me about it. Nope, I can't find the thread...
I do remember that it was just a couple of files, perhaps a 32bit and a 64bit version, and that it was most likely portable. Any ideas? Free cake to whoever can help me out...
:greedy:

Mr GRiM
June 18th, 2016, 03:19 AM
can you explain what it did, maybe I can find something similar

jedi
June 19th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Hey Mr GRiM! They simply allowed for updates to Windows as well as to Microsoft. The neat thing was that they had a way to pick which update server you wanted to check from, i.e. the Windows Update Service, the Microsoft Update service, etc, etc, and they also showed any available driver or misc. hardware updates.

They weren't the actual 'wuupdateagent' or the 'wuupdateclient' but were very similar in name and they were each a stand-alone app, that did not require an install. One for 64bit architecture and one for 32bit architecture. You just clicked on the executable, and it opened a window with the options you wanted to select to check for your updates...

This was for Windows 10 just to be clear!

Thanks...

Mr GRiM
June 19th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I think you are looking for this Win Update MiniTool (http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/windows_update_minitool.html), pretty sure that's what you were looking for :happy:.

jedi
June 20th, 2016, 02:10 AM
Are you God? :)

That is EXACTLY the tool...
Thank-you very much Mr GRiM!!! It is a very handy utility. Should be in every geeks toolbox! Thanks again so much.

Jed