PDA

View Full Version : Fiber iPacks for Windows 10

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Fiber iPacks for Windows 10

UPDATE
DEVMGR.DLL AND MAIN.CPL NOW REMOVED
INSTALLER INFO PROPERLY UPDATED

Thanks to Mr GRiM for giving me permission to post these here for everyone to use. And also to MrBlade for making such an awesome set of iPacks, and finally to Lamia for creating the Windows 8.1 ports of which these were upgraded from. Also, credits for these iPacks go to their original creator sc0ut10 of DeviantART. Here is the link. http://sc0ut10.deviantart.com/art/Fiber-488887314
[Sorry for not posting that ahead of time, I was under the assumption that MrBlade was the original creator of these iPacks. I'll have to do more research from now on when I post things, lol.]

Also, thanks to Shemhamforash for revealing to me that I can remove res files from iPacks with iPack Builder as well.

This iPack comes in three colors; Red, Green, and Blue and were upgraded via iPack Builder v2.2
They have been tested by me after upgrading them and haven't encountered any problems.

If I missed anything else, please let me know and I'll update this post. Also, if anyone knows more details about MrBlade's part in this please let me know so I can properly credit him for his part in them. It seems I've come up with some slight confusion on MrBlade's part in this iPack due to it being linked to on his website.

Shemhamforash
June 18th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Good iPacks, but out of curiosity why tell people to untick main.cpl, and devmgr.dll when you could remake the iPacks without those resources included at all?

better yet why not just remove those two files when you repack till someone can update the packs? as far as I know ipack does give you that option.

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Good iPacks, but out of curiosity why tell people to untick main.cpl, and devmgr.dll when you could remake the iPacks without those resources included at all?

better yet why not just remove those two files when you repack till someone can update the packs? as far as I know ipack does give you that option.

All i know how to do so far is upgrade iPacks with iPack Builder, so until I've learned how to do otherwise I simply decided to mention to untick those two. I'm still new to this so I didn't want to mess anything up by attempting something I don't already know how to do, lol. I'll look into it though and see how that works.

Shemhamforash
June 18th, 2016, 04:08 PM
All i know how to do so far is upgrade iPacks with iPack Builder, so until I've learned how to do otherwise I simply decided to mention to untick those two. I'm still new to this so I didn't want to mess anything up by attempting something I don't already know how to do, lol. I'll look into it though and see how that works.

It's as simple as selecting the Modify iPack option in iPack builder to open the iPack and in the .res Files tab clicking those files and remove, than in the Setup tab selecting Build.

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 04:41 PM
It's as simple as selecting the Modify iPack option in iPack builder to open the iPack and in the .res Files tab clicking those files and remove, than in the Setup tab selecting Build.

ya, i just figured it out after responding lol. was busy making the changes. Posting the updated iPacks now.

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 04:44 PM
bah! it wont let me edit. Every time i try to go to advanced edit i get this page

---EDIT---

Image no longer available. Removed the link from this post.

Shemhamforash
June 18th, 2016, 04:48 PM
bah! it wont let me edit. Every time i try to go to advanced edit i get this page

https://gyazo.com/3da2dcac00c9ee1a339703a660b7264a.png
https://gyazo.com/3da2dcac00c9ee1a339703a660b7264a

Happened to me just a few hours ago as well. Think I made a new topic, I can't remember.

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 04:55 PM
*Updated contents of this post into the main post now that the posting error i was having has been fixed*

Mr GRiM
June 18th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Putting them here until that bug gets fixed.

Fiber iPacks for Windows 10

UPDATED
devmger.dll and main.cpl now removed
installer info properly updated

The error message should be gone now, just googled the error message and found a solution.

I don't like using "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" I prefer to use "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls"

FYI I uploaded the preview images locally instead of hot linking them from Deviantart.

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 05:28 PM
thanks. and that helps with the images lol, i accidentally deleted the images instead of the ipacks when trying to replace them and had to save the images in the post before closing it in order to re-post them, lol. I can be a real goof sometimes lol. luckily i always preview my posts before sending them through lol.

freak69ize
June 18th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Im curious as to why you havent given credits to original artist for these icons.. ScOuT 10 on DeviantArt

http://sc0ut10.deviantart.com/art/Fiber-488887314

Nimbi
June 18th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Im curious as to why you havent given credits to original artist for these icons.. ScOuT 10 on DeviantArt

http://sc0ut10.deviantart.com/art/Fiber-488887314

Oops, my bad. That would be because I thought MrBlade was the original creator of them, lol. I'll fix that immediately. Thanks for letting me know about that.

sirmille
July 11th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I ran the installer but nothing changed, still have system icons. WIN 10 TH2

BTW ran with AV disabled, so I'm missing something here.

July 11th, 2016, 02:43 PM

maybe running a custom os with the icons that came with it locked somehow, installed another ipack or a 7tsp theme with icons or a 7tsp icon pack. other than that i couldn't tell you.

Nimbi
July 12th, 2016, 03:17 AM

Not sure what's causing that. I tested them several times without problems before posting them. Also re-downloaded them from here to see if it was a problem with the upload and they still work for me. Perhaps you got a bad download? Try re-downloading them and see if they install properly. If not then I don't know whats causing your issue.

mich2ga
November 5th, 2016, 06:28 PM
These are beautiful..... Thanks!

djdraxx
September 16th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Excellent job! Beautiful icons! Thank you for share!

Donkuz
January 27th, 2018, 05:43 AM
These are really Cool Thanks for sharing them:Smug::peace:

sefameert
March 21st, 2019, 05:19 PM
Hello . Does this theme work in win10 rs5 1809?

Dethtool74
April 22nd, 2019, 02:49 AM
I like these ipacks alot. Just curious, are you planning on updating them to include onedrive and 3D Objects?