PDA

View Full Version : windows 10 to windows 7

AlphaOmega
July 12th, 2016, 09:31 AM
I have a friend who wanted me to restore her pc to factory settings after mistakingly upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7.However,upon doing so,i realized i couldnt because it seems you only have 1 month to restore back to a previous build or the option to restore to factory settings/windows 7 is removed.wtf!?? really? Is there a way around this? If she has the restoration cd with windows 7 on it that came with the computer,can i use that to revert back? Although i dont think she has it.she might have to order it.was just wondering if that would work.thanx

July 12th, 2016, 11:35 AM
AlphaOmega (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/295217-AlphaOmega) how old is the pc? the reason i ask is because most pc's built in at least the last 7 years have the recovery media built into the hdd. if that's not the case i'd suggest she she stick with 10 case she's going to be forced at some point. with it installed now make sure she registers it so she qualifies for the free upgrade. even if she still decides to go back to 7 when she is forced to upgrade she will stilling get the upgrades free. if she waits until AFTER august 2nd to upgrade future upgrades will cost her. now as for keeping 10 installed if it's the look and feel it can be set up to just like 7, and she would get the added benefits of having 10.

AlphaOmega
July 12th, 2016, 03:19 PM
thanx nude dude.The computer is about 5 years old.I tried rebooting to try to find the built in recovery,but i couldnt seem to find it.Instead i was brought to the windows 10 recovery asking if i wanted to go back to any previous builds.I tried that and it could not find a previous build,so it reinstalled windows 10.I will register it for her.Thanx for that.Will it ask me to upgrade after i register it? And how or what tools do i need to make it look and feel like windows seven?

July 12th, 2016, 04:48 PM
oldnewexplorer for 1, startisback for 2,

you'll find tutorials on here for setting eachup

AlphaOmega
July 13th, 2016, 09:41 PM
oldnewexplorer for 1, startisback for 2,

you'll find tutorials on here for setting eachup

Thankyou