PDA

View Full Version : Loss of skinning occasionally

twerg
July 13th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Hi guys,

Curious if others have same issue. I can not post pictures yet, sorry

Win10 - 64bit - Fully updated

A theme will apply correctly with no issues (I like dark themes, helps during the night)

I find that after awhile the theme looses itself, it just disappears. This might be after a long time with windows being idle, if the PC goes to sleep, coming out of a game etc. It is random in time or past usage.

I first notice that the right click context menu is back to its plain white self and windows boarders are a very basic white, very boring looking. Sometimes the right context menu will be dark still but with a thin white outline around the menu, somethings it seems to half retain the chosen theme but screws up certain aspects of application theming (happens a lot with Task Manager and Process Lasso)

I then have to re-apply the skin and it works fine until it is lost again, reverting back to a basic with windows theme. (basically no theme).

This happens with all themes, some it occurs more often though.

I have no conflicts or issues with the PC from what I know, no driver issues etc.

I'll wait for the next time it mucks up and past some images

Thanks,
Shane

Mr GRiM
July 13th, 2016, 06:37 AM
If you are using sleep/hibernate/lock then you should use this reg hack to remove default colors otherwise every time you PC sleeps it will mess up the applied theme colors.

You will notice this more on dark themes as the default colors will return some elements back to the default white colors.

twerg
July 13th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Thank you Mr Grim - so far so good, appears working fine.

Appreciate the help

twerg
July 26th, 2016, 12:32 PM
74530Hi all,

MR Grim, thank for your help earlier, worked a treat. But now, I have issues with ALL skins, it will not render the out skirts of any windows or menu etc, they allways stay white except for certain areas of a window as shown in this picture.

What could be the issue? Could a windows update have broken these skins? Any one else reporting same issues?

Thanks

twerg
July 26th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Nevermind - I have completed a System Restore back to 12 July and this has restored skinning..

Not sure what happened. EIther a system update, or some dodgy application install..

Back to normal now, so much better looking74531