PDA

View Full Version : CiB Customization is Back by Tihiy

Mr GRiM
August 3rd, 2016, 07:41 PM
I am trying to get support for a new project by Tyhiy, if there are others who like this idea please show that you care and let Tihiy know that customization matters and that it was called a PC (personal computer) for a reason http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173158-beta-channel/?do=findComment&comment=1127449 I believe if there is enough interest shown he might consider this project

August 3rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
done, and done again lol

Shemhamforash
August 3rd, 2016, 09:15 PM
I think it's a good idea. An included alternative to Aero Glass would be great. I'd settle for something like Winaero Glass, and one that renders caption titles correctly. Overall I'm a bit tired of Aero Glass having not great support and am not a fan of the donationware model he uses. Not to say it isn't a good tool, just that there are problems with things like symbols that most users are not even going to attempt to fix (so he calls it a tools intended for advanced users). It works pretty well on 8.1 and 10 RTM but it definitely needs some work as of late.

Dark Knight
August 3rd, 2016, 09:37 PM
I too would like to see an alternative to AeroGlass.

August 3rd, 2016, 10:24 PM
I think it's a good idea. An included alternative to Aero Glass would be great. I'd settle for something like Winaero Glass, and one that renders caption titles correctly. Overall I'm a bit tired of Aero Glass having not great support and am not a fan of the donationware model he uses. Not to say it isn't a good tool, just that there are problems with things like symbols that most users are not even going to attempt to fix (so he calls it a tools intended for advanced users). It works pretty well on 8.1 and 10 RTM but it definitely needs some work as of late.

I too would like to see an alternative to AeroGlass.

DITTO, i stopped using it a GOOD while back cause rerun 10 install areoglass and set it up the same way as before and have problems with it. it was hit and miss even with the instruction open right in front of you.

Dark Knight
August 3rd, 2016, 10:30 PM
DITTO, i stopped using it a GOOD while back cause rerun 10 install areoglass and set it up the same way as before and have problems with it. it was hit and miss even with the instruction open right in front of you.

Yeah, I used v1.4 right up until the anniversary update without having to use 1.4.5, after doing a clean install and getting all setup last night I tried to install 1.4.5 knowing that 1.4 probably would not work and my system went berserk, started beeping, locking up and freezing, luckily I set a restore point and was able to get back. AeroGlass is a good tool but I just don't think Big Muscle spends enough time on it.

I like the glass effect but I don't view it as a necessity, most themes look just as good without it.