PDA

View Full Version : Installing themes on Windows 10 Anniversary Update 1607 Build 14393.10 Redstone One

Mr GRiM
August 5th, 2016, 02:32 AM
Good news, RS1 is out and we can all update from TH2, bad news, all our TH2 themes are no longer going to work.

So first things first, what do you need to use a custom theme on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update aka Redstone One?

Step 1. Download the following, Uxstyle (https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle/releases/download/0.2.4.2/UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe), Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) and UltraUxThemePatcher v3.1.0 (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)

Now you have done that I strongly recommend you create a System Restore Point.

Next you need to get your system ready to use custom themes by installing your theme patcher.

Step 2. Right-click the EXE file UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview, select Run as administrator and hit Install.

Step 2.1. Alternatively run UltraUXThemePatcher_3.1.0 as administrator and go through its installation process.

Step 3. Restart your PC.

Step 4. Download a compatible Windows 10 Anniversary update theme, copy the contents inside and paste them into the Windows > Resources > Themes folder within the Windows installation directory.

Step 5. Right-click an empty space on the desktop, select Personalize > Themes > Theme settings.

Scroll down to Installed Themes and select the newly added theme.

If you are still having problems applying themes using Uxstyle then follow the next steps.

Step 6. Next Right-click the EXE file Theme Signature Bypass, select Run as administrator and hit Install then go back to Step 3.

Additional Tools you may need:

ONE version 1.1.8.2(OldNewExplorer) (http://tihiy.net/files/OldNewExplorer.rar)

StartIsBack ++1.3.2 (http://startisback.com/)
http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.4.5 - change log (http://www.glass8.eu/out/changelog81.txt)
Works but needs updating for RS1

Installer (32-bit+64-bit Windows) (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71754&d=1450737758)
32-bit Windows (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71756&d=1450737758)
64-bit Windows (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=71755&d=1450737758)

Important info if you have just updated to Windows 10 Anniversary Update aka Redstone One

One of the most important things to remember when using AeroGlass if you are having display driver crashes is to hold the Ctrl button and it will stop loading AeroGlass and then you can rename or move the symsrv.dll to stop it using the symbols or disable Aero Glass.

This is what I did, I made a new folder in the aeroglass folder and put the symsrv.dll file in there, at least doing it that way you can keep using your donate key and remove the desktop watermark.

Currently if you are using AeroGlass on RS1 you will get artifacts, the solution to this is to use the AeroGlass GUI and disable the blur, also change Caption glow effect mode to either no glow effect or use theme setting.

other than the changelog all the blue text above are download links. i suggest before attempting to setup custom themes on your system on the anniversary update aka redstone one you download all the tools even if you already have them. this way you have the most current version of the tools before you start using items in this guide.

If you do not want to learn how to apply custom themes then you can use this AIO installer by dhjohns that will automate the whole thing for you http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller?highlight=installer

I take no responsibility for anyone using this guide, Use Custom themes at your own risk!!

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 03:04 AM
Or you can just download my tool from here
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller and it will do all the work for you. I have tested it many, many times, and it works. :) It does not include Aeroglass.

jwilco
August 5th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Mr. Grim where do I go to get themes for the anniversary update? is there a way to convert the theme we have from build 10586 to work with build 1607 (14393)?

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 03:15 AM
Mr. Grim where do I go to get themes for the anniversary update? is there a way to convert the theme we have from build 10586 to work with build 1607 (14393)?If you follow link in my previous post, you can run the program, uninstall themes from 10586, then install themes for anniversary update, and be ready to go in less than a few minutes with no restart. It is really easy.

August 5th, 2016, 03:34 AM
GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) thanks for creating a post that will help all those who want to MANUALLY patch their system to run custom themes.

jwilco
August 5th, 2016, 03:48 AM
If you follow link in my previous post, you can run the program, uninstall themes from 10586, then install themes for anniversary update, and be ready to go in less than a few minutes with no restart. It is really easy.

Ok I saw that post but what if you do not like the black theme? are there other themes for the anniversary update? if so where?

Mr GRiM
August 5th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Or you can just download my tool from here
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72293-All-in-One-Black-Edition-Installer-Uninstaller-for-all-3-Windows-Editions?p=315317&viewfull=1#post315317 and it will do all the work for you. I have tested it many, many times, and it works. :) It does not include Aeroglass.
This is a guide for those who want to learn how to do it manualy but I will also add a link to your AIO installer

Ok I saw that post but what if you do not like the black theme? are there other themes for the anniversary update? if so where?
Have a look in the side bar for latest themes, you will find many updated themes by Shemhamforash there, I will be making some new sections for the different versions so they will be easier to find.

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 03:57 AM
This is a guide for those who want to learn how to do it manualy but I will also add a link to your AIO installer

Have a look in the side bar for latest themes, you will find many updated themes by Shemhamforash there, I will be making some new sections for the different versions so they will be easier to find.Thanks, yea I have been perusing those newly updated themes. They are very cool, made by some very talented people! Perhaps I can add those in to the toolkit. I will take a look at them.

jwilco
August 5th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Thanks. My favorite theme was Nome and the theme I created to look like Mac OS X but I have not seen any themes created by other people like mine

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 04:12 AM
Thanks. My favorite theme was Nome and the theme I created to look like Mac OS X but I have not seen any themes created by other people like mineAre they compatible with AU, and are they on this forum? Can you give me a link so I don't have to look to hard?

jwilco
August 5th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Are they compatible with AU, and are they on this forum? Can you give me a link so I don't have to look to hard?

No it is not compatible for AU only build 10586 but I want to convert it so I can still use it if it's possible.

The Mac OS X Ultimate theme I posted on virtual customs sometime last year so you can search my name jwilco and you should find it.

If you could convert it to AU I would be very happy.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 04:40 AM
Thanks, yea I have been perusing those newly updated themes. They are very cool, made by some very talented people! Perhaps I can add those in to the toolkit. I will take a look at them.

The problem with that is that I might have to update themes somewhere down the line for compatibility with customization app updates, for example start is back. I like there to be only one download in case I need to push updates.

parginos
August 5th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Thanks for this very helpful thread.
I have win 10 64bit anniversary version installed, my problem is, i do everything you suggest in here installed all the apps, the v2 black theme works fine, but when im installing the updated themes from Shemhamforash everything looks great except that the task bar stays the same and it looks awful.
What am i missing, or what am i doing wrong? Is there some special settings at OldNewExplorer or at Startisback?

Thanks

Edit: Ok i fixed it, i was running an old StartisBack version.

Axel23
August 5th, 2016, 02:05 PM
A big thank you to you for your work MR. GRIM, both for your custom theme and for your tutorial very helpful! :tu:

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Got a little problem.. Installed UxStyle, ThemeSignatureBypass, and tried installing UltraUXThemePatcher aswell.
I have problems with Aeroglass, so have not installed. Is that why it looks like this?

August 5th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Got a little problem.. Installed UxStyle, ThemeSignatureBypass, and tried installing UltraUXThemePatcher aswell.
I have problems with Aeroglass, so have not installed. Is that why it looks like this?

are you sure you're running the anniversary update? the reason i ask is you have no images for the wallpaper for the various themes you dropped in your themes folder. please press the windows key aka the flag key, type winver, hit enter, then post what build the box that pops up says you have. thanks

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 02:48 PM
are you sure you're running the anniversary update? the reason i ask is you have no images for the wallpaper for the various themes you dropped in your themes folder. please press the windows key aka the flag key, type winver, hit enter, then post what build the box that pops up says you have. thanks

August 5th, 2016, 02:54 PM
MatG-DK (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/262284-MatG-DK) o.k. you are on the anniversary update, so i'm at a lost. you can uninstall everything you installed in the reverse order, or you can wait for someone with more experience to respond. personally i get i little nervous uninstalling customization apps and tend to want help with what i have installed, but it's up to you.

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 03:18 PM
MatG-DK (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/262284-MatG-DK) o.k. you are on the anniversary update, so i'm at a lost. you can uninstall everything you installed in the reverse order, or you can wait for someone with more experience to respond. personally i get i little nervous uninstalling customization apps and tend to want help with what i have installed, but it's up to you.
Strange, i just did a rollback from a restore point i made before installing any custom theme apps.
Then i installed UltraUXThemePatcher as the only one..and now it works, strange?
For now i think i don't need UxStyle, ThemeSignatureBypass or AeroGlass as they seems to mess my system up :(

But thanks for trying to help :)

Mr GRiM
August 5th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Strange, i just did a rollback from a restore point i made before installing any custom theme apps.
Then i installed UltraUXThemePatcher as the only one..and now it works, strange?
For now i think i don't need UxStyle, ThemeSignatureBypass or AeroGlass as they seems to mess my system up :(

The only problem I could see in your screens is that ONE wasn't working or wasn't installed, can you can confirm that ONE was updated and installed?

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 04:08 PM
The only problem I could see in your screens is that ONE wasn't working or wasn't installed, can you can confirm that ONE was updated and installed?

I can confirm that ONE 1.1.8.2 was installed and should be working.
But why you suggest ONE as an additional and not required in this guide?
Is it that important?

I had AeroGlass installed earlier and got the graphic driver problem. So maybe that had something to do with it..?

Mr GRiM
August 5th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I can confirm that ONE 1.1.8.2 was installed and should be working.
But why you suggest ONE as an additional and not required in this guide?
Is it that important?

I had AeroGlass installed earlier and got the graphic driver problem. So maybe that had something to do with it..?

It's additional because themes will still work without ONE, it is not a requirement for all themes, only themes that have included support for ONE will benefit, without ONE working on supported themes you will not have custom explorer backgrounds, Control Panel Navigation images, details pane etc.

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 04:39 PM
It's additional because themes will still work without ONE, it is not a requirement for all themes, only themes that have included support for ONE will benefit, without ONE working on supported themes you will not have custom explorer backgrounds, Control Panel Navigation images, details pane etc.

Well, i did forget to say that your "Black Edition Themes" worked as they should. Black panels all the way..
Did i mention that when the problem occured, the "Windows 10 branding logo" was there? Now that i dont have any problem, the branding logo is gone! I thougt you might use this as "troubleshooting info" ;)

Mr GRiM
August 5th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Well, i did forget to say that your "Black Edition Themes" worked as they should. Black panels all the way..
Did i mention that when the problem occured, the "Windows 10 branding logo" was there? Now that i dont have any problem, the branding logo is gone! I thougt you might use this as "troubleshooting info" ;)

Again the branding logo will only show if ONE is installed and you also need to have the custom shellstyle.dll, if those 2 are there and everything is up to date then you should have everything working.

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Again the branding logo will only show if ONE is installed and you also need to have the custom shellstyle.dll, if those 2 are there and everything is up to date then you should have everything working.
The branding logo also show when ONE is not installed, i guess? (no custom theme)
But before i got myself too confused, i should say that i primary use the ASUS Dark Premium theme and dont think theres any branding logo included in that theme.

I did noticed that your Black themes has Branding logo included ;)

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 09:32 PM

This problem seems to be related to the order that the patchers are installed in.
I just experienced the same problem with UxStyle installed after first installing Theme Signature Bypass.
It was solved by uninstalling both, rebooting and installing any one of the three theme patchers mentioned in the OP, rebooting and reapplying theme.
Edit: Actually, it seems to be important to install UxStyle first, since I installed that first and installed a second patcher afterwards and that is also working. So the solution you may want to follow if you want more than one patcher installed for safety reasons is to install UxStyle first and than the other patcher.

MatG-DK
August 5th, 2016, 09:38 PM
This problem seems to be directly related to having more than one patcher installed at a time.
I just experienced the same problem with UxStyle installed on top of Theme Signature Bypass.
It was solved by uninstalling both, rebooting and installing any one of the three theme patchers mentioned in the OP, rebooting and reapplying theme.

But as i read this guide, Grim suggest that you Install UxStyle "and" ThemeSignatureBypass?
Im positive that it was that way i installed the theme.

So for not to be too confused - Only one of the patchers are necessary, right?

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 09:43 PM
But as i read this guide, Grim suggest that you Install UxStyle "and" ThemeSignatureBypass?
Im positive that it was that way i installed the theme.

So for not to be too confused - Only one of the patchers are necessary, right?

The reason he suggests that is because with UxStyle for a lot of people on boot up from shutdown you are unable to change themes. A full reboot is necessary to apply themes. When Theme Signature Bypass is installed on top of UxStyle it removes the problem of not being able to switch themes.

I used to have the same problem on 8.1 and solved it by installing UltraUXThemePatcher on top of UxStyle.

So no, especially since you're using UltraUXThemePatcher you shouldn't need to install more than one.

Also, you've had problems with UxStyle in the past so maybe wait and see if it has an update before going back to use it.

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I do not use UltraUXThemePatcher, nor any other theme patchers on RS1, and themes work perfectly. I do not need to restart after installation of Mr GRiMs themes.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 10:16 PM
I do not use UltraUXThemePatcher, nor any other theme patchers on RS1, and themes work perfectly. I do not need to restart after installation of Mr GRiMs themes.

Probably what you mean is that UxStyle on it's own is working perfectly. Same thing in my experience when I tried it on it's own. The problem seems to happen when UxStyle is installed on top of an already installed patcher.

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Probably what you mean is that UxStyle on it's own is working perfectly. Same thing in my experience when I tried it on it's own. The problem seems to happen when UxStyle is installed on top of an already installed patcher.Well that is a bad thing to do. When installing RS1 from TH2 you must remove all themes, and replace with RS1 themes. The themeui.dll, uxinit.dll, and uxtheme.dll must be original MS files installed with RS1. ONE may need to be restarted. It did in my case, but I was upgrading from 14393.5 to 14393.10. With a clean installation of RS1, I have had absolutely no issues what-so-ever with installing UxStyle, and the themes, and ONE. I have found the system does not need restarting to use any of Mr GRiM's themes.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Well that is a bad thing to do. When installing RS1 from TH2 you must remove all themes, and replace with RS1 themes. The themeui.dll, uxinit.dll, and uxtheme.dll must be original MS files installed with RS1. ONE may need to be restarted. It did in my case, but I was upgrading from 14393.5 to 14393.10. With a clean installation of RS1, I have had absolutely no issues what-so-ever with installing UxStyle, and the themes, and ONE. I have found the system does not need restarting to use any of Mr GRiM's themes.

You're talking about the UxThemePatcher method of patching on TH2 with the three system files text, not UltraUXThemePatcher (an entirely different app used for patching).

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 10:35 PM
You're talking about the UxThemePatcher method of patching on TH2 with the three system files text, not UltraUXThemePatcher (an entirely different app used for patching).All I am saying is that the system files do not need fixing in RS1.

August 5th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Well that is a bad thing to do. When installing RS1 from TH2 you must remove all themes, and replace with RS1 themes. The themeui.dll, uxinit.dll, and uxtheme.dll must be original MS files installed with RS1. ONE may need to be restarted. It did in my case, but I was upgrading from 14393.5 to 14393.10. With a clean installation of RS1, I have had absolutely no issues what-so-ever with installing UxStyle, and the themes, and ONE. I have found the system does not need restarting to use any of Mr GRiM's themes.

geeze dude like we all said a dozen yimes the problem comes from installing one of the other patchers before installing uxstyle. you are only using uxstyle so no problem.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 10:40 PM
All I am saying is that the system files do not need fixing in RS1.

Yeah, that's a given.
And anyone upgrading from TH2 doesn't have to worry about it since they will be replaced by the upgrading process anyways.

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 10:41 PM
geeze dude like we all said a dozen yimes the problem comes from installing one of the other patchers before installing uxstyle. you are only using uxstyle so no problem.All I was saying was that it is a bad idea to stack patchers.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 10:43 PM
All I was saying was that it is a bad idea to stack patchers.

It's not a bad idea though, the idea is to stack them on top of UxStyle.
A lot of people have problems with applying a different theme after a shutdown, rebooting and applying another theme is the only fix for people with this problem.
When you install another theme patcher on top of UxStyle than this problem is eliminated.

August 5th, 2016, 10:50 PM
All I was saying was that it is a bad idea to stack patchers.

you got called out by more than one member cause you're not helping. now lets get back on topic, which is to help peeps get their sr1 systems up and running with custom themes.

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 10:52 PM
OFF TOPIC, TEXT DELETED

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 10:58 PM
I think it's fair to say that if there is a problem with the control panel images being white backgrounds, it's either a problem with that person's installation of ONE or it's a problem with stacking patchers in the wrong order ie. installing them before UxStyle. Also, if that doesn't solve the problem uninstall all patchers, apply default theme, reboot, install new patcher, reboot, and apply theme. At least 2 out of 3 possible patchers will work without fault and the theme will display properly.

That being said I don't know how this UltraUXThemePatcher will handle updates for RS1, I know in the past I always installed UxStyle as a failsafe and installed UltraUXThemePatcher on top of it because it would fail with updates on 8.1, UxStyle is update proof.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 11:34 PM
OK I'm having the same white control panel backgrounds problem again. I had UxStyle installed, and UltraUXThemePatcher installed on top. Everything was working, after a reboot or so it stopped working, now getting the white backgrounds. Have tried uninstalling every patcher, rebooting, installing ThemeSignatureBypass, rebooting, applying theme (white backgrounds), uninstalling, rebooting, installing UxStyle, rebooting, applying theme (white backgrounds), uninstalling, rebooting, installing UltraUXThemePatcher, rebooting, applying theme (white backgrounds).

At this point I'm not sure what to try other than sfc/scannow
Edit: sfc/scannow won't run, gets stuck at a Verification complete %.

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 11:45 PM
OK I'm having the same white control panel backgrounds problem again. I had UxStyle installed, and UltraUXThemePatcher installed on top. Everything was working, after a reboot or so it stopped working, now getting the white backgrounds. Have tried uninstalling every patcher, rebooting, installing ThemeSignatureBypass, rebooting, applying theme (white backgrounds), uninstalling, rebooting, installing UxStyle, rebooting, applying theme (white backgrounds), uninstalling, rebooting, installing UltraUXThemePatcher, rebooting, applying theme (white backgrounds).

At this point I'm not sure what to try other than sfc/scannow
Edit: sfc/scannow won't run, gets stuck at a Verification complete %.Which theme are you using?

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Which theme are you using?

Any theme (Windows 10 Black Edition, fresh download).

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Any theme (Windows 10 Black Edition, fresh download).All you need it the theme itself, uxstyle, and OldNewExplorer for it to work. If it isn't working with those three try uninstalling ONE and installing it again. I don't mean deleting it from your system, just hit uninstall button which unregisters the dlls. If you have the theme, uxstyle installed, and ONE installed it should work. You need to have your original dll files from system32 also. It should work very well.

Shemhamforash
August 5th, 2016, 11:54 PM
All you need it the theme itself, uxstyle, and OldNewExplorer for it to work. If it isn't working with those three try uninstalling ONE and installing it again. I don't mean deleting it from your system, just hit uninstall button which unregisters the dlls. If you have the theme, uxstyle installed, and ONE installed it should work. You need to have your original dll files from system32 also. It should work very well.

dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns), thanks for the info but I already had tried everything including installing/uninstalling ONE.
I have to congratulate you though, your Black Theme Toolkit appears to have saved the day, themes are applying properly after installing it (didn't install from any backups or snapshots, already had tried every other patcher) :tu:

dhjohns
August 5th, 2016, 11:57 PM
dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns), thanks for the info but I already had tried everything including installing/uninstalling ONE.
I have to congratulate you though, your Black Theme Toolkit appears to have saved the day, themes are applying properly after installing it (didn't install from any backups or snapshots, already had tried every other patcher) :tu:I am glad it worked for you.

August 6th, 2016, 12:12 AM
I have to congratulate you though, your Black Theme Toolkit appears to have saved the day, themes are applying properly after installing it (didn't install from any backups or snapshots, already had tried every other patcher) :tu:

seems to be hit or miss for what actually works. i used dhjohns auto-installer and grim's themes looks flawless. so i dropped one of your themes in and lost the ability to changes after being give the default theme by window itself. now in vm i have uxstyle, one, sib, and grim's and your themes and cn'rt find anything wrong with any of them.

Shemhamforash
August 6th, 2016, 12:18 AM
seems to be hit or miss for what actually works. i used dhjohns auto-installer and grim's themes looks flawless. so i dropped one of your themes in and lost the ability to changes after being give the default theme by window itself. now in vm i have uxstyle, one, sib, and grim's and your themes and cn'rt find anything wrong with any of them.

That's odd, because I had all my themes installed and then installed the Black Theme Toolkit, reapplied one of my imports and it's working. Like you said it's hit or miss, at least there's several different options for patching, hopefully one of them works for someone if they have this problem, instead of having to rollback.

Shemhamforash
August 9th, 2016, 10:23 PM
New build number 14393.51

dhjohns
August 9th, 2016, 10:38 PM
New build number 14393.51LOL, now the new build is 14393.67! All themes working great!

Shemhamforash
August 9th, 2016, 10:45 PM
LOL, now the new build is 14393.67! All themes working great!

I'd bet there won't be any problems with themes until RS2 next year, seeing how themes have always worked since the early RS1 insider builds til now. The one thing that has changed was the taskbar clock having the same properties as previous Windows versions, later on in the RS1 branch they moved them to a different location, where they are now.

TimOsman
August 11th, 2016, 01:17 AM
The directions are easy... Why won't this work for me? :sad:

dhjohns
August 11th, 2016, 01:41 AM
The directions are easy... Why won't this work for me? :sad:It is always good to try to figure out how to do it yourself, but if you become too frustrated, I have an automated installer which works great! LINK (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller)

XLDS
August 12th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Can anyone please help me? This was working great for TH1... I tried following the guide to update it for RS and it looks like this.
http://i.imgur.com/uZXjxAd.jpg
Please help ;_;

Mr GRiM
August 12th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Can anyone please help me? This was working great for TH1... I tried following the guide to update it for RS and it looks like this.
http://i.imgur.com/uZXjxAd.jpg
Please help ;_;

Use DjJohns AIO installer if you are having problems http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller

Agelyk
August 16th, 2016, 07:38 PM
1. Download the following, Uxstyle (https://github.com/riverar/uxstyle/releases/download/0.2.4.2/UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview.exe), Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612) and UltraUxThemePatcher v3.1.0 (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)

Grim just a question.
u need to install the 3 patches (UxStyle, Theme Signature Bypass and UxThemePatcher)?
i tell you because I just installed the first and so far I have not errors with the display of themes

August 16th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Grim just a question.
u need to install the 3 patches (UxStyle, Theme Signature Bypass and UxThemePatcher)?
i tell you because I just installed the first and so far I have not errors with the display of themes

angel960 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/261036-angel960) no you shouldn't need to install all three. in fact to make things a bit easier install dhjohns all-in-one-installer. then only if you have problems install uxthemepatcher on top of that. then you can come back to this thread for startisback and whatever else isn't included in the all-in-one.

Agelyk
August 17th, 2016, 12:28 AM
angel960 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/261036-angel960) no you shouldn't need to install all three. in fact to make things a bit easier install dhjohns all-in-one-installer. then only if you have problems install uxthemepatcher on top of that. then you can come back to this thread for startisback and whatever else isn't included in the all-in-one.
the truth is I had some doubts, thanks a lot for the answer 2635599 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/177825-2635599).

Mr GRiM
August 17th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Updated the guide a bit to make it a bit more clear on what patchers you need to run.

Shemhamforash
August 17th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Seems very clear to me, thanks for guide update. Noticed a lot of explaining had to be made with more than one patcher being installed, hopefully this straightens some of that out.

Nimbi
August 20th, 2016, 04:25 AM

Ya, I've noticed that the ThemeSignatreBypass thing doesn't work on mine. It even breaks themes when using it alongside UxStyle. I don't really know why, though.

MrPanda
September 1st, 2016, 12:48 PM
Hey,
I've been trying to install theme for a while now. But I'm still having issues.
I'm running W10 Anniversary version 1607 (OS Build 14393.105)

What I did :
I installed UxStyle => UXThemePatcher => Reboot => ONE (ver 1.1.8.2) => StartIsBack++ (ver 1.3.3) => WinAeroTweaker.
Then I copied the files contained into the Theme Folder of Shemhamforash's Special Edition Theme (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72460-Special-Edition-SE-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-aka-Redstone-One)
And then I applied the theme.
It does applies, but I have a lot of missing parts. The folders and hard drive images are not updated, neither the start menu nor the control panel, Computer properties
Like so :

I did a lot of rollback and reinstall but nothing changed. I also tried multiple theme, the icons never change. It's not only this specific theme that is not working for me.
The only thing I never installed is the AeroGlass soft, because I can't manage to install it.

September 1st, 2016, 01:41 PM
MrPanda (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312001-MrPanda) can you rollback to before you installed anything for patching your system? if so please do so and then i would suggest using dhjons all-in-one-installer, then copy shemhamforash's themes to your themes folder. personally right now i would avoid aeroglass till there is a stable version for 10 anniversary release. as for winaero tweaker there is also windows tweaker, each as some features the other doesn't. you can see the order i installed items for custom themes in post 560 here http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/69794-Post-Your-Windows-10-Desktop

wiondows tweaker
http://www.thewindowstweaker.com/ (http://www.thewindowstweaker.com/)

Shemhamforash
September 1st, 2016, 02:29 PM
Hey,
I've been trying to install theme for a while now. But I'm still having issues.
I'm running W10 Anniversary version 1607 (OS Build 14393.105)

What I did :
I installed UxStyle => UXThemePatcher => Reboot => ONE (ver 1.1.8.2) => StartIsBack++ (ver 1.3.3) => WinAeroTweaker.
Then I copied the files contained into the Theme Folder of Shemhamforash's Special Edition Theme (http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72460-Special-Edition-SE-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-aka-Redstone-One)
And then I applied the theme.
It does applies, but I have a lot of missing parts. The folders and hard drive images are not updated, neither the start menu nor the control panel, Computer properties
Like so :

I did a lot of rollback and reinstall but nothing changed. I also tried multiple theme, the icons never change. It's not only this specific theme that is not working for me.
The only thing I never installed is the AeroGlass soft, because I can't manage to install it.

Hi MrPanda (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312001-MrPanda) it looks to me like you're just missing installing ONE and selecting the start menu from SiB++ settings. You should also install the fonts included with the theme and reapply your theme. As for AeroGlass, you can leave that not installed, what you'll see without it installed is the title bar caption text rendered incorrectly though. As for the drive icons, you need an iPack for that http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1230-iPacks-Win-8-8-1-and-10

MrPanda
September 1st, 2016, 03:22 PM
Thank you 263559 I will try with the AIO. The only thing I have to do is to press install for ver 14393 and then patch with UXThemePatcher ?

And thank you too Shemhamforash, I fixed the startmenu problem, didn't know I had to select it by myself using SiB++.
I'll check the iPacks available too, thanks.

How can I miss installing ONE ? I mean, I only have to press install... I checked everything you've checked and that's it.

Shemhamforash
September 1st, 2016, 03:52 PM
Thank you 263559 I will try with the AIO. The only thing I have to do is to press install for ver 14393 and then patch with UXThemePatcher ?

And thank you too Shemhamforash, I fixed the startmenu problem, didn't know I had to select it by myself using SiB++.
I'll check the iPacks available too, thanks.

How can I miss installing ONE ? I mean, I only have to press install... I checked everything you've checked and that's it.

For ONE, check the download page for the latest version http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-118/
Uninstall the older version if you are using an older one, then reboot and install the latest version

MrPanda
September 1st, 2016, 04:03 PM
I'm using the 1.1.8.2 version as I said in my previous post

Configured like that, pressed install and done. I didn't do anything else.

EDIT :
Uninstalled, Reinstalled ONE fixed the problem. I didn't change version or what so ever, I just uninstalled then reinstalled and then going back to W10 classic theme then back again to Special Edition theme and it was working.
Now everything is perfect, from the taskbar to the control panel !
Thank you two for the help tho ! I think it might be a good idea to say that the Icon pack is not included with the theme and that the startmenu and startbutton has to be changed manually :)

Shemhamforash
September 1st, 2016, 04:20 PM
I'm using the 1.1.8.2 version as I said in my previous post

Configured like that, pressed install and done. I didn't do anything else.

EDIT :
Uninstalled, Reinstalled ONE fixed the problem. I didn't change version or what so ever, I just uninstalled then reinstalled and then going back to W10 classic theme then back again to Special Edition theme and it was working.
Now everything is perfect, from the taskbar to the control panel !
Thank you two for the help tho ! I think it might be a good idea to say that the Icon pack is not included with the theme and that the startmenu and startbutton has to be changed manually :)

OK good, hard to know sometimes what ONE is up to, might have been the order everything was installed in. When you said you didn't get where the icons were from and now that you suggest it, I may add a link to the iPacks section and expand a bit on the SiB++ link. I could also link to the specific iPack I use in the screenshot.

Shemhamforash
September 2nd, 2016, 04:32 PM
I think it might be a good idea to say that the Icon pack is not included with the theme and that the startmenu and startbutton has to be changed manually :)

Following your advice, I updated all the RS1 threads in my section, hopefully you will find everything you could need in them now.

dakillis
September 3rd, 2016, 07:43 AM
Great Themes

EJgrfx
September 16th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Works great! Thanks!

Martastic
October 5th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Thank you!

DeathMerchant
October 16th, 2016, 09:40 PM
http://www.glass8.eu/download added support for 14939 aka 1607 of windows 10

-- 1.5.1 (16.10.2016) --
* optimization: don't use glass safety zone when rendered region does not contain glass
* fixed glass safety zone render transformation
* DWM\ColorizationColor(Inactive) settings can be used again for setting frame edge color
* DWM\ColorPrevalence settings is respected

-- 1.5 --
* version designed for Windows 10 Anniversary (Redstone 10.0.14393)

it's 14393 not 14939 Death (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280299-DeathMerchant)

voyager456
October 16th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone i tried both uxstyle and ultraUX theme patcher but themes wont apply only thing that change is wallpaer and sound

Elfman
October 17th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Awesome tutorial. :)
Anyway, when another version of windows will come out, all of these stuff will not go in conflict with the new version?
Another question, the aero glass is really necessary, or it could work also without it?

Thx

Nimbi
October 17th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Awesome tutorial. :)
Anyway, when another version of windows will come out, all of these stuff will not go in conflict with the new version?
Another question, the aero glass is really necessary, or it could work also without it?

Thx

Themes should work without AeroGlass. However, they will look their best with AeroGlass. The Caption Font on the title bars will more than likely have a grey or white bar behind it on most themes without AeroGlass. Also, to get themed title bars in system apps such as the settings app for instance, the ModernFrame.dll for AeroGlass is required. However the only version of that currently available on Windows 10 RS1 is still a debug version, and I'm not sure if there is an actual download for the current debug version of ModernFrame.dll left anywhere on the webesite it was shared on my BigMuscle. ModernFrame.dll also requires secure boot to be disabled for it to have any effect at all.

As for whether the themes will work on upcoming Windows 10 builds, no, they won't. With each new build update themes have the be updated to work with them again. Cumulative updates however are fine in that area, they won't break themes unless Microsoft makes some sort of change that directly effects third party themes or patching. To be honest the reason special programs are even needed to make third party themes work is because Microsoft pulled official support for custom themes back in the Windows 7 days [correct me if I'm wrong, lol].

October 17th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Nimbi (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) congrats on becoming a mod, someone who shall remain nameless should of mentioned it.

Elfman
October 17th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Themes should work without AeroGlass. However, they will look their best with AeroGlass. The Caption Font on the title bars will more than likely have a grey or white bar behind it on most themes without AeroGlass. Also, to get themed title bars in system apps such as the settings app for instance, the ModernFrame.dll for AeroGlass is required. However the only version of that currently available on Windows 10 RS1 is still a debug version, and I'm not sure if there is an actual download for the current debug version of ModernFrame.dll left anywhere on the webesite it was shared on my BigMuscle. ModernFrame.dll also requires secure boot to be disabled for it to have any effect at all.

As for whether the themes will work on upcoming Windows 10 builds, no, they won't. With each new build update themes have the be updated to work with them again. Cumulative updates however are fine in that area, they won't break themes unless Microsoft makes some sort of change that directly effects third party themes or patching. To be honest the reason special programs are even needed to make third party themes work is because Microsoft pulled official support for custom themes back in the Windows 7 days [correct me if I'm wrong, lol].
Thx for the answer.
But I think I will leave this things till it will become more stable. I just finished to make my pc work, because after applying a theme, a gray screen apeared and it didn't allowed to do anything. I've tried so many things, that now, even I dont know which worked and which not.:D
Damn all these things were so easy in win7.

dhjohns
October 17th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Thx for the answer.
But I think I will leave this things till it will become more stable. I just finished to make my pc work, because after applying a theme, a gray screen apeared and it didn't allowed to do anything. I've tried so many things, that now, even I dont know which worked and which not.:D
Damn all these things were so easy in win7.Themes are all working great even with RS2 latest build 14946. You need to install, and run this http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller it works every time! It installs GRiM's Black themes, all patches, and more! Then you just drag, and drop any other theme you want to the themes directory, and apply them normally. Make sure to restart your computer after you run the installer.

Elfman
October 17th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Themes are all working great even with RS2 latest build 14946. You need to install, and run this http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller it works every time! It installs GRiM's Black themes, all patches, and more! Then you just drag, and drop any other theme you want to the themes directory, and apply them normally. Make sure to restart your computer after you run the installer.
I will try it for sure, but to prevent any risk, and break the OS again, I will try it on a virtual machine for first then after on the physical one. It should work on a VM, right?

dhjohns
October 17th, 2016, 08:19 PM
I will try it for sure, but to prevent any risk, and break the OS again, I will try it on a virtual machine for first then after on the physical one. It should work on a VM, right?Yes it does.

Nimbi
October 17th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Thx for the answer.
Damn all these things were so easy in win7.

Understandable. Glad you got it working. If you have anymore issues feel free to let us know and we'll do our best to help. Also what theme did you apply when you got the grey screen issue? That sounds like a theme incompatability issue. Usually using themes for other builds or O.S. can cause that issue. It can also be caused by using incompatable theming software such as older versions of UxThemePatcher. Maybe you accidentally used the wrong version of UxThemePatcher? Or perhaps if you were using dhjohns autho-installer you may have been one of the people having that issue from it [not saying it always does that but some people have reported that happening, I know it happened to me once, lol].

Either way, depending on the issue it might be something we can figure out quickly enough. We'd be glad to help out as much as we can. :Peace:

Elfman
October 17th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Understandable. Glad you got it working. If you have anymore issues feel free to let us know and we'll do our best to help. Also what theme did you apply when you got the grey screen issue? That sounds like a theme incompatability issue. Usually using themes for other builds or O.S. can cause that issue. It can also be caused by using incompatable theming software such as older versions of UxThemePatcher. Maybe you accidentally used the wrong version of UxThemePatcher? Or perhaps if you were using dhjohns autho-installer you may have been one of the people having that issue from it [not saying it always does that but some people have reported that happening, I know it happened to me once, lol].

Either way, depending on the issue it might be something we can figure out quickly enough. We'd be glad to help out as much as we can. :Peace:
Then it's my fault, I've used a theme from another site, they said that it compatible even with 1607, but it doesn't.
No problem, now I will create a Virtual machine and I will test all themes there, before testing on my pc.
thx for all guys. :)

Nimbi
October 17th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Then it's my fault, I've used a theme from another site, they said that it compatible even with 1607, but it doesn't.
No problem, now I will create a Virtual machine and I will test all themes there, before testing on my pc.
thx for all guys. :)

Alright. Glad you got it sorted out. And yes, using a VM to test themes before use is actually a very good idea. It will save you a lot of hassle in cases like these, lol. Glad to be of help. :Peace:

Nimbi
October 18th, 2016, 03:55 AM
Nimbi (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280551-Nimbi) congrats on becoming a mod, someone who shall remain nameless should of mentioned it.

Thanks! And no worries. I was actually pm'd about it so it was definitely mentioned. :Peace:

October 18th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Thanks! And no worries. I was actually pm'd about it so it was definitely mentioned. :Peace:

hahaha not funny, but again congrats

Yaevinn
November 1st, 2016, 01:41 PM
Nice one! I love it

creator
November 19th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Greatjob Mark,:tu:

ThePathOfBlood
November 19th, 2016, 06:40 PM
my comment was deleted?

November 19th, 2016, 07:01 PM
my comment was deleted?

what comment was that then if it was deleted we can tell you why

Shemhamforash
November 19th, 2016, 08:42 PM
my comment was deleted?

Looks like I removed a post of yours on the 26 of september, but I can't say I remember why or what the post said. Maybe by accident?

dhjohns
November 19th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Looks like I removed a post of yours on the 26 of september, but I can't say I remember why or what the post said. Maybe by accident?Don't moderators delete every third post?

Shemhamforash
November 19th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Don't moderators delete every third post?

:laughing:I rarely delete other's posts unless they're spam or duplicates. Sometimes off-topic posts or rant inducing ones get deleted though
I doubt PathofBlood's post was offtopic though, might've just been a duplicate. Either way that was like two months ago :idk:

November 19th, 2016, 10:16 PM
Don't moderators delete every third post?

NOT even REMOTELY funny

dpcdpc11
December 15th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Anyone having problems with WSB (Windows Style Builder) in the latest Build 14393? Themes are working if applied from the Personalize menu but I can't create a new theme from scratch. WSB crashes or gives out a compiling error.

December 15th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Anyone having problems with WSB (Windows Style Builder) in the latest Build 14393? Themes are working if applied from the Personalize menu but I can't create a new theme from scratch. WSB crashes or gives out a compiling error.

i vaguely remember a post the other day from a member say couldn't save newly created themes in swb because of a windows 10 build update.

innuendo
December 15th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Have no pb to run wsb under 14393.576 x64
You may try to reboot then retry using wsb , I remember few time ago having some testing errors messages which disapeared at reboot.

dpcdpc11
December 16th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Have no pb to run wsb under 14393.576 x64
You may try to reboot then retry using wsb , I remember few time ago having some testing errors messages which disapeared at reboot.
WSB runs fine but I can't create a new theme from scratch (File>New) and save it successfully. I can edit and save old themes or even duplicate existing themes and work on theme but I just can't save a newly created theme. This either crashes WSB or gives a compile error when saving. Can you save a new theme?

innuendo
December 17th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Yes , I tried reproduce from scratch ( aero theme by default ) then edited some part and save it in another location than original one of course.
wsb asked if I wanna use it as usual and all is fine .
Did you try save your theme elsewhere than previous ?

dpcdpc11
December 18th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Yes , I tried reproduce from scratch ( aero theme by default ) then edited some part and save it in another location than original one of course.
wsb asked if I wanna use it as usual and all is fine .
Did you try save your theme elsewhere than previous ?

Weirdly enough, saving the new style elsewhere does the trick!
Thanks a lot for the tip!

Flotonydu71
December 30th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Hey i'm on win10 1607 build 14393.576 and i want to know if is possible to install hud machine red or others theme on this build ? yes or no ( i'm new in win theme) thx

December 30th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Hey i'm on win10 1607 build 14393.576 and i want to know if is possible to install hud machine red or others theme on this build ? yes or no ( i'm new in win theme) thx

yes you will be fine as long as you stick to any theme built for 1607 which covers all build of 14393. i'm actually running 14393.576 and no issues here with custom themes.

ralphonzo
December 31st, 2016, 12:37 AM
I am NOT new to this... I've used custom themes since XP. I've used UxStyle since 7.

Whenever I attempt to activate a custom theme, I get a "Please Wait" screen, followed by blackness, followed by another "Please Wait" screen which will stay up hours if I let it (I let it sit overnight once). Sometimes when I apply the theme, I get "Please Wait", blackness, and then am logged out. When I log back in, I get the infamous black screen where the cursor occasionally spins and nothing can be done. Whichever of these things happen, the solution is always the same: recovery mode followed by system restore.

I've tried with UxStyle and with UltraUxThemePatcher v3.1.0/3.1.5, each with Theme Signature Bypass. I've tried repeatedly. I always reboot after, confirm the files are correctly patched with UltraUxThemePatcher, and the result is always the same: one of those two 'system is screwed' scenarios above. This is a new install of 1607/14393.576. I've verified I'm on the right build. It's a legit Pro license. SFC checks out fine just prior to patching the dlls. I'm baffled. I can't find reports of anyone else experiencing this upon applying themes. I only hear about the black screen happening when someone uninstalls UxStyle and reboots with a custom theme still enabled. I've tried RS1 and a few other known-good 1607-compatible themes.

Has ANYONE had this happen to them? Did you find a resolution? There's nothing I can possibly be doing wrong here. It's just too simple and I've done it too many times before. The ONLY thing I can think of as making a difference: the fact that I'm using the real Administrator account. I'm sure some of you are, too, though...

Shemhamforash
December 31st, 2016, 12:58 AM
I am NOT new to this... I've used custom themes since XP. I've used UxStyle since 7.

Whenever I attempt to activate a custom theme, I get a "Please Wait" screen, followed by blackness, followed by another "Please Wait" screen which will stay up hours if I let it (I let it sit overnight once). Sometimes when I apply the theme, I get "Please Wait", blackness, and then am logged out. When I log back in, I get the infamous black screen where the cursor occasionally spins and nothing can be done. Whichever of these things happen, the solution is always the same: recovery mode followed by system restore.

I've tried with UxStyle and with UltraUxThemePatcher v3.1.0/3.1.5, each with Theme Signature Bypass. I've tried repeatedly. I always reboot after, confirm the files are correctly patched with UltraUxThemePatcher, and the result is always the same: one of those two 'system is screwed' scenarios above. This is a new install of 1607/14393.576. I've verified I'm on the right build. It's a legit Pro license. SFC checks out fine just prior to patching the dlls. I'm baffled. I can't find reports of anyone else experiencing this upon applying themes. I only hear about the black screen happening when someone uninstalls UxStyle and reboots with a custom theme still enabled. I've tried RS1 and a few other known-good 1607-compatible themes.

Has ANYONE had this happen to them? Did you find a resolution? There's nothing I can possibly be doing wrong here. It's just too simple and I've done it too many times before. The ONLY thing I can think of as making a difference: the fact that I'm using the real Administrator account. I'm sure some of you are, too, though...

Did your pc come with Windows 10 pre-installed or have you upgraded or clean installed? Just fishing around, I can't really think of anything that might work other than doing a clean install. You could try using the media creation tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10 to create a bootable disk.

Dark Knight
December 31st, 2016, 01:28 AM

I have only heard of things like that happening to those who try to run a theme designed for a specific build on other Windows builds, for example you cannot run RTM or TH2 themes on the Anniversary update (RS1). Are you sure you are not doing that?

Make sure any and all security tools are disabled before installing the theme patcher and such also, some security, antivirus and antimalware software inadvertently messes with it.

ralphonzo
December 31st, 2016, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've installed Windows 10 from scratch, slipstreamed to latest build. It's an otherwise totally unmodified package.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain I've only tried using 1607/14393 themes. I don't use any security garbage except an on-demand scanner when I require it so nothing like that could be interfering.

December 31st, 2016, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've installed Windows 10 from scratch, slipstreamed to latest build. It's an otherwise totally unmodified package.

Yes, I'm absolutely certain I've only tried using 1607/14393 themes. I don't use any security garbage except an on-demand scanner when I require it so nothing like that could be interfering.

use dhjohns all-in-one installer on a fresh install.

ralphonzo
December 31st, 2016, 05:13 PM
It works. Thanks to you, and to dhjohns, of course. I'm at a loss still. The hashes of the modified uxtheme.dll and other .dlls matches the ones of when I used UltraUXThemePatcher. Whatever. Just glad it works. ;)

Edit: Now my only issue is the theme color reverts to blue whenever I lock the PC. I hit the lock shortcut and the screen flashes blue for ~100ms, then shows the lock screen, I unlock and am left with this:

Any ideas?

Edit2: This is kind of interesting... The blunt object approach of changing the value of "Color 3" to the value used by the theme does not work--it still reverts to the blue color, though if you select the "Color 3" blue swatch in the selection menu, you get the gray color I specified in the registry.

dhjohns
December 31st, 2016, 09:17 PM
It works. Thanks to you, and to dhjohns, of course. I'm at a loss still. The hashes of the modified uxtheme.dll and other .dlls matches the ones of when I used UltraUXThemePatcher. Whatever. Just glad it works. ;)

Edit: Now my only issue is the theme color reverts to blue whenever I lock the PC. I hit the lock shortcut and the screen flashes blue for ~100ms, then shows the lock screen, I unlock and am left with this:

Any ideas?

Edit2: This is kind of interesting... The blunt object approach of changing the value of "Color 3" to the value used by the theme does not work--it still reverts to the blue color, though if you select the "Color 3" blue swatch in the selection menu, you get the gray color I specified in the registry.Did you change the color in personalization to something else, and click both boxes in show accent color on following surfaces?

ralphonzo
December 31st, 2016, 10:13 PM
Change it to something else meaning other than blue? Yeah, always reverts. Reverts to blue also when I don't touch the setting and just let the theme change it. I've tried with both "Show Color on" options on and off. Reversion to blue only happens with unsigned themes, not with the stock theme. Accent color always sticks with stock Windows theme. :/

Dark Knight
January 1st, 2017, 12:10 AM

Any ideas?

Edit2: This is kind of interesting... The blunt object approach of changing the value of "Color 3" to the value used by the theme does not work--it still reverts to the blue color, though if you select the "Color 3" blue swatch in the selection menu, you get the gray color I specified in the registry.

Install the attached reg hack and that will take care of the problem for you. When you go into sleep, hibernation and so on Windows wants to go back to the original colors when you come out of it, this reg hack will prevent that from happening.

ralphonzo
January 2nd, 2017, 12:27 AM
Thank you! This seems to have done it.

Dark Knight
January 2nd, 2017, 02:40 AM
Thank you! This seems to have done it.

:peace:

yordanfy
January 11th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Thanks for this thread and detailed instruction, Mr Grim....

Nimbi
January 11th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Thanks for this thread and detailed instruction, Mr Grim....

Just remember that there is now a windows 10 RS1 version of AeroGlass available at www.glass8.eu (http://www.glass8.eu)

Alternatively MrGRiM has a unofficial installer somewhere on this site that includes all of the extras for AeroGlass as well, including a custom desktop context menu entree for it. I'll update that into this post for ya as soon as I find the thread for it.

-EDIT-

Ok, found it. Here's the thread for it http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72751-Aero-Glass-for-Windows-10-RS1?highlight=AeroGlass

January 11th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Just remember that there is now a windows 10 RS1 version of AeroGlass available at www.glass8.eu (http://www.glass8.eu)

Alternatively MrGRiM has a unofficial installer somewhere on this site that includes all of the extras for AeroGlass as well, including a custom desktop context menu entree for it. I'll update that into this post for ya as soon as I find the thread for it.

-EDIT-

Ok, found it. Here's the thread for it http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72751-Aero-Glass-for-Windows-10-RS1?highlight=AeroGlass

actually a lot of us found the 1.4.5 version for 8.1 works for 1607 better. shem and i both noticed this.

Nimbi
January 12th, 2017, 12:01 AM
actually a lot of us found the 1.4.5 version for 8.1 works for 1607 better. shem and i both noticed this.

hmmm.... i'll probs have to test that one out then sometime, thanks. I'm currently using the RS1 version... Can you possibly tell me which parts of it actually work better in case it might be something I might personally find more useful than the RS1 version?

Shemhamforash
January 12th, 2017, 12:07 AM
hmmm.... i'll probs have to test that one out then sometime, thanks. I'm currently using the RS1 version... Can you possibly tell me which parts of it actually work better in case it might be something I might personally find more useful than the RS1 version?

Basically on gsw953's themes that are supposed to be plain black and transparent, the frames come out as a light grey, and the inactive windows can be white for the later builds, same with Black Edition. I've tried changing values in regedit, Winaero Tweaker and the Aero Glass GUI without being able to get these themes to look right.

Nimbi
January 12th, 2017, 12:12 AM
Basically on gsw953's themes that are supposed to be plain black and transparent, the frames come out as a light grey, and the inactive windows can be white for the later builds, same with Black Edition. I've tried changing values in regedit, Winaero Tweaker and the Aero Glass GUI without being able to get these themes to look right.

hmmm... ok.. i'll give it a go. pesonally ive always got the windows to show properly with this one, but I may be mistaking something. But I'll test this to see if it turns out better for me.. thanks for the info. :Peace:

[Mind I'm actually using one of gsw's theme's so if I'm reading this wrong I'm probs gonna have to switch back lol]

Shemhamforash
January 12th, 2017, 12:14 AM
hmmm... ok.. i'll give it a go. pesonally ive always got the windows to show properly with this one, but I may be mistaking something. But I'll test this to see if it turns out better for me.. thanks for the info. :Peace:

[Mind I'm actually using one of gsw's theme's so if I'm reading this wrong I'm probs gonna have to switch back lol]

There is also this issue

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76070&d=1478730303

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72751-Aero-Glass-for-Windows-10-RS1/page5?p=320469&viewfull=1#post320469

Nimbi
January 12th, 2017, 12:19 AM
There is also this issue

http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=76070&d=1478730303

http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72751-Aero-Glass-for-Windows-10-RS1/page5?p=320469&viewfull=1#post320469

That might not be too big of an issue for me, lol. We'll see how it looks on my end. Just created a restore point for safety, lol.

Shemhamforash
January 12th, 2017, 12:28 AM
That might not be too big of an issue for me, lol. We'll see how it looks on my end. Just created a restore point for safety, lol.

The newer versions of Aero Glass have both the issues of incorrect dwm frame color rendering with transparent themes and the issue with the corners in the top left/right. But I do like how Modern Frame is installed by default with the official installer since 1.5.2. For now I still prefer version 1.4.5. :peace:

Nimbi
January 12th, 2017, 01:19 AM
The newer versions of Aero Glass have both the issues of incorrect dwm frame color rendering with transparent themes and the issue with the corners in the top left/right. But I do like how Modern Frame is installed by default with the official installer since 1.5.2. For now I still prefer version 1.4.5. :peace:

Just finished trying it out. In most areas it worked, but for some reason Aerohost in it didn't work properly. It wasn't applying the transparency and some themes require that to show up properly. It was practically the same effect as downloading the RS1 version and then disabling it via Task Scheduler, basicaaly good for me if i were sticking solely to themes that don't require transparency. But as i have a few on my system that do require it to look properly i will have to stick to the RS1 version, lol. I did like how there was no watermark, though that can also be gained by disabling the RS1 version via Task Scheduler, lol.

SyluxDelanos
January 23rd, 2017, 08:11 PM
Hi, i might be new to custom theme on w10 but i am familliar with the process on w7, i am on the CIB branch of W10 (slow ring) and i just got aniversary update friday, tried to install the prerequirement on the first post (tried without admin at first since i disabled UAC then with admin) and only the optional transparency mod for glass style window and the explorer mod worked. Did they modified the system file for it or it's because CIB's different of the other one. I also tried the bypass executable after and before applying theme and reload explorer from task manager, nothing work. I don't know if i am missing a step or something and i rarely have problem following a guide.

Chris Massagee
February 2nd, 2017, 12:17 AM
im running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit . applied all the steps in first post .. every theme i apply the task bar and start menu doesnt work . i do have Start is back for win10 paid.the task bar is black . how ever if i install this same OS in virtual box . all the themes and taskbar work .

February 2nd, 2017, 12:02 PM
im running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit . applied all the steps in first post .. every theme i apply the task bar and start menu doesnt work . i do have Start is back for win10 paid.the task bar is black . how ever if i install this same OS in virtual box . all the themes and taskbar work .

good day Chris (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199689-Chris-Massagee) i've remove your copy of your above post from dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) all-in-one installer thread. please once post the post once. thanks

Chris Massagee
February 2nd, 2017, 03:47 PM
good day Chris (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199689-Chris-Massagee) i've remove your copy of your above post from dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) all-in-one installer thread. please once post the post once. thanks

OK .. so is there a fix for my issue ??.

February 2nd, 2017, 03:56 PM
OK .. so is there a fix for my issue ??.

you'll have to wait for dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) or someone else to answer this.

dhjohns
February 2nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
im running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit . applied all the steps in first post .. every theme i apply the task bar and start menu doesnt work . i do have Start is back for win10 paid.the task bar is black . how ever if i install this same OS in virtual box . all the themes and taskbar work .In virtual box, do you have SIB installed? I have absolutely no experience with SIB other than installing it to see what it does. I then took it out. I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. But, if SIB is not installed in the VB, then that appears to be the problem.

Chris Massagee
February 2nd, 2017, 04:43 PM
yes sib is installed in vb

dhjohns
February 2nd, 2017, 05:15 PM
I don't know what to tell you.

Dark Knight
February 2nd, 2017, 07:00 PM

Sometimes all in one installers like this are a pain in the butt.

If I were you I would uninstall the All in one and try to install everything individually in this order ........

1.) AeroGlass
2.) ThemeSignatureBypass
3.) ONE (OldNewExplorer)

I say to use the ThemeSignatureBypass because IMO it is a lot more stable then any UxStyle Theme patcher and personally I have never had a problem with it. You can use it stand alone or in conjunction with UxStyler, it's up to you, personally I have never had a need to use it in conjunction with another patcher.

I am thinking the all in one installer has messed with something because if you have a legitimate copy of SIB installed there is no reason why you should be able to see the start menu and taskbar themed.

Remember, before you uninstall or install anything, ALWAYS revert back to the Windows default theme before doing so, until the uninstall(s) and installs are complete, when everything is done THEN select your modified theme.

February 2nd, 2017, 08:18 PM

If I were you I would uninstall the All in one and try to install everything individually in this order ........

1.) AeroGlass
2.) ThemeSignatureBypass
3.) ONE (OldNewExplorer)

I say to use the ThemeSignatureBypass because IMO it is a lot more stable then any UxStyle Theme patcher and personally I have never had a problem with it. You can use it stand alone or in conjunction with UxStyler, it's up to you, personally I have never had a need to use it in conjunction with another patcher.

I am thinking the all in one installer has messed with something because if you have a legitimate copy of SIB installed there is no reason why you should be able to see the start menu and taskbar themed.

Remember, before you uninstall or install anything, ALWAYS revert back to the Windows default theme before doing so, until the uninstall(s) and installs are complete, when everything is done THEN select your modified theme.

actually the aio is pretty much as simple as it gets. as for it working with sib rather cracked, paid, or free version it works perfectly with sib.

Dark Knight
February 2nd, 2017, 09:14 PM
actually the aio is pretty much as simple as it gets. as for it working with sib rather cracked, paid, or free version it works perfectly with sib.

Just trying to help the guy out and maybe narrow down what his problem may be. I haven't used the aio but once back in it's beginnings and haven't since. Something is causing his problem, just figured maybe if we do things one step at a time instead of throwing everything in all at one time we might be able to figure it out.

February 2nd, 2017, 10:40 PM
Just trying to help the guy out and maybe narrow down what his problem may be. I haven't used the aio but once back in it's beginnings and haven't since. Something is causing his problem, just figured maybe if we do things one step at a time instead of throwing everything in all at one time we might be able to figure it out.

fair enough, but i think he should post what he installed and what order he installed in first. then we can go from there. i'm referring to everything. like my order normally. i found with the below order i run into less issues.

windows
tweaks(both windows and 3rd party)
customization
security
then the rest of my programs.

Chris Massagee
February 5th, 2017, 03:57 AM

1.) AeroGlass
2.) ThemeSignatureBypass
3.) ONE (OldNewExplorer)

this didnt work for me either

BraFromZA
March 30th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Many thanks, got the black theme fully up n running perfectly thanks to your awesome patch guide! ;))

:loving:

EHPDJFrANKy
June 22nd, 2017, 07:20 PM
Thanks so much for this very useful guide to give to the Windows Interface a total new style.

shobhit92bhar
April 29th, 2018, 01:43 AM
Quick question: how to remove this tool from machine? One option is to delete the folder from local drive, but that is not removing the icon from control panel. How to remove control panel icon as well?

IsoPack
August 21st, 2018, 01:27 AM
http://uxstyle.com/ or this UxStyle_0242_x86_x64_preview

BOTH dont install please look at Image

Its not installing Please help