PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 All-In-One Installer with Uninstaller

Pages : [1] 2

dhjohns
August 8th, 2016, 05:41 PM
VERSION 2.5.0 Stable on ALL BUILDS Released Thus Far Including Insider Builds.
THIS IS THE LAST UPDATE. FURTHER DEVELOPEMENT CONTINUES HERE
http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/79004-3rd-Party-Theme-Enabler-for-Creators-Update-to-RS4-builds?p=331151&viewfull=1#post331151

Special Thanks to Shemhamforash for All His Help

I HAVE INCORPORATED A FIX SO THAT 3RD-PARTY THEMES WORK ON BUILDS 15025 & ON UP TO RS4. THE CLASSIC PERSONALIZATION IS NOW AUTOMATICALLY INSTALLED IN CREATORS UPDATE & RS3/RS4 BUILDS. RIGHT-CLICK ON DESKTOP, CHOOSE PERSONALIZE (CLASSIC) -> THEME SETTINGS TO CHANGE YOUR THEME. AS ALWAYS BE SAFE AND BACK UP YOUR INSTALL.

INSTRUCTIONS

Download file using link below.
Double-click on the file to extract it to your computer. Shortcuts will be placed on your desktop.
Double-click the shortcut for the Windows Black Theme.

BLACK THEME TOOLKIT IS NOW ACCESSED IN THE CONTROL PANEL UNDER ICON VIEW
Follow the instructions to install the patches and themes for your version of Windows 10.
You can install additional customizations at any time, but you MUST restart your computer to use the themes.
Any additional themes you download can be copied into the \Windows\Resources\Themes folder at a later time to use.

I have created an All-In-One Installer/Uninstaller for Mr GRiM's Black Themes. This works on Windows 10 builds 10240, 10586, 14393, and RS2/RS3/RS4 including any NEW builds. If you try to run it on any other versions of Windows it will not let you do anything. There are plenty of safeguards so you will not BORK your system. Other customizations are available also, and you can also create a restore point if you wish. This program is self extracting, and new versions will over write older ones. A shortcut will be placed on your desktop to the program, and to the readfirst file. You do not have to run as administrator as it is self elevating. Just run the program, and make your choices.

If you are updating from one Insider Build to another, I recommend switching to a DEFAULT Windows theme BEFORE upgrading, then when finished run the Black Theme Installer, and reinstall the Black Themes. This should alleviate any problems. Nothing is guaranteed with an update. Clean install works best.

Enjoy!

This Experimental Version installs the NEW Old New Explorer v1.1.8.4 by Tihiy

v2.1.1
Shortcut to Black Theme Toolkit now installed in Control Panel. Classic Personalization now installed by default.
v2.1.0
Updated ONE to v1.1.8.4, clarified using Classic Personalization to change themes in CU & up.
v2.0.0
Major Code rewrite, removed WinAero Personalization Control Panel
v1.4.5 Fixed small code problem where removing network icon from File Explorer failed to remove it when choosing files in 32-bit applications. Added new Shell directory to themes to improve appearance of Control Panel. Now contains option to add Classic Personalization Menu to right-click on desktop.
V1.4.2 Added WinAero Personalization Control Panel
v1.4.1 Added different Shell folder in themes. Enables Icons in Windows Explorer. Thanks to Shemhamforash of Virtual Customs.
V1.4.0 Added Compatibility for Build 15025
v1.3.1 Added Code to Fix Upgrade Issues
v1.3.0 Removed Restrictions for future RS2 (Creative Edition) Builds.
v1.2.5 Added support for Windows builds up to and including 14951.
v1.2.4 Fixed issues with color themes not reproducing when restarting from Sleep, Hibernate, Lock, or Safe Mode.
v1.2.3 Added support for Windows builds up to and including 14946.
v1.2.2 Added support for Windows builds up to and including 14942. Updated UltraUXThemePatcher to version 3.1.4. Clarified that UltraUXThemepatcher is included in RS1/RS2 installs.
v1.2.1 Added support for Windows builds up to and including 14396. Updated UltraUXThemePatcher to version 3.1.2.
V1.2.0 Added support for Windows builds up to and including 14931.
v1.1.2 Added support for Windows 10 build 14915, updated UltraUXThemePatch to version 3.1.2
v1.1.1 Reduced confusion/show Winver after applied, put regedit for super black customizations in different category.
v1.1.0 Added Windows Version Window Customizations
v1.0.0 Many Improvements to Menu Selections. Better categorization, easier selection process. Added Restart Explorer. Add/Remove Homegroup, Add/Remove Network Icon, Add/Remove Libraries, Add/Remove Details Pane.
v0.9.4 Fixes Themes not resuming properly after sleep/lock/safemode.
v0.9.3 Added UltraUXThemePatcher v3.1.1
v0.9.2 Added Code to allow 14901 build
v0.9.1 Added User Account Choices
v0.9 Added disabling of immersive context menu. Fixed issue where enough changes have been made to promote to v0.9.
v0.8.2 Added options for program display colors, changed appearance setting to include control panel.
v0.8.1 Corrected a configuration error
v0.8 Added option for two preconfigurations of ONE or do it yourself.
v0.7 Updated code for Anniversary Edition.
v0.6 Options to Enable/Create Restore Points. Added Protections so that if you are not using the correct version of Windows this program will not run! Also when adding or removing themes the program checks to see which Windows version you are using, and if you made the wrong choice you will be redirected back to the main menu. Minor appearance updates.
v0.1-v0.5 Minor Bug Fixes to Quit Menu No longer needs to be run as administrator -- elevates automatically

Black Themes for: 10240
TH2
RS1

Remove Black Themes for all above.
Add Classic Appearance Settings to Desktop Right-Click Menu
Remove Quick Access
Remove Delegate Folders
Remove Both Quick Access, and Delegate Folders
Hide One Drive Icon from File Explorer Navigation Pane
Hide Removable Drives from File Explorer Navigation Pane
Increase Taskbar Transparency
Enable Blur in Taskbar and Start Menu
Change Alt-Tab View to Transparent, and Show Desktop

Note: Alt-Tab View can be easily customized in the registry. Open Regedit, and navigate to here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MultiTaskingView\AltTabViewHost]
"Wallpaper"=dword:00000001
"Grid_backgroundPercent"=dword:00000000

Setting the dword in Wallpaper to 0 is the default.
Setting the dword in Grid_backgroundpercent to anything between 0 and 100 will adjust the transparency.

UNINSTALLS INCLUDED FOR EVERYTHING!

AFTER USING THIS PROGRAM SIMPLY COPY ANY OTHER 3RD-PARTY
THEMES YOU DOWNLOAD TO THE THEMES FOLDER TO USE.

Shemhamforash
August 8th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I am adding a link to this thread in all of my imports to RS1 theme threads, thanks for your work dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns)

dhjohns
August 8th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Just a heads up, if anyone has obtained the leaked 2016 LTSB, this Toolkit works perfectly on that build, also. One caveat though, LTSB 2016 has no way to create a restore point, so that feature will fail. Don't worry about it. If it isn't there, it isn't there.

dhjohns
August 11th, 2016, 10:43 PM
RS2 build 14901 is out. If all works after testing I will upload an updated version.

Thor-Agena
August 12th, 2016, 02:27 AM
Thank you Sir,

Works like a charm on W10/1607 :encouragement:

dhjohns
August 12th, 2016, 02:00 PM
UPDATED OP TO INCLUDE SUPPORT FOR THE NEW WINDOWS INSIDER BUILD 14901.RS_PRERELEASE.160805-1700. THIS IS ALSO KNOWN AS RS2. I HAVE TESTED IT ON BOTH PRO, AND ENTERPRISE EDITIONS.

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 04:23 AM
The Black Theme Toolkit is working for me on RS2, as are all of the themes for RS1 at this early build.
dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) Was just realizing how useful that disable UAC prompt is. Overall the installer saves a huge amount of time.

Here's a screenshot of the latest build I'm referring to:

August 14th, 2016, 01:39 PM
i might have at least one reason why themes don't want to work in rs1 sometimes. just finally did my fresh install of rs1, tweaked windows itself, installed bitdefender, installed you all-in-one, chose the black/blue theme, installed most of the rest of my apps, reverted to the default win theme cause i couldn't read a couple of boxes on apps i was installing, checked my downloads to make sure i had everything i want and i did, went to change theme back to the black/blue and only the explorer window background changed, decided to run your all-in-one on top of itself and that fixed the issue. i haven't tested other themes yet though.

Poisoned-talent-
August 14th, 2016, 06:35 PM
i might have at least one reason why themes don't want to work in rs1 sometimes. just finally did my fresh install of rs1, tweaked windows itself, installed bitdefender, installed you all-in-one, chose the black/blue theme, installed most of the rest of my apps, reverted to the default win theme cause i couldn't read a couple of boxes on apps i was installing, checked my downloads to make sure i had everything i want and i did, went to change theme back to the black/blue and only the explorer window background changed, decided to run your all-in-one on top of itself and that fixed the issue. i haven't tested other themes yet though.

Glad I'm not the only one having issues as the same thing has been happening to me, though on some themes even the background of the explorer window doesn't change for me when it breaks. Seems that whenever I decide to try a new theme out it breaks (seems to happen like 98% of the time) and it ends up just going to the default theme (even trying to go back to the theme that I was just on that was working before I switch themes doesn't seem to do anything) sometimes a restart seems to fix the issue if I go to default theme and restart and as soon as I hit desktop I go and switch the theme, but there have been a couple times where I have had to do a re-install of the all-in-one before themes start working again..

Shemhamforash
August 14th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Glad I'm not the only one having issues as the same thing has been happening to me, though on some themes even the background of the explorer window doesn't change for me when it breaks. Seems that whenever I decide to try a new theme out it breaks (seems to happen like 98% of the time) and it ends up just going to the default theme (even trying to go back to the theme that I was just on that was working before I switch themes doesn't seem to do anything) sometimes a restart seems to fix the issue if I go to default theme and restart and as soon as I hit desktop I go and switch the theme, but there have been a couple times where I have had to do a re-install of the all-in-one before themes start working again..

Sounds like you might need to run a second patcher on top of UxStyle... Maybe UltraUXThemePatcher https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)

Poisoned-talent-
August 14th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Sounds like you might need to run a second patcher on top of UxStyle... Maybe UltraUXThemePatcher https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)

Could possibly be a solution (currently on a theme that I like so it's fine for the moment so don't wanna mess with system files for now), looks like it has a silent installation method so maybe it could be incorporated into the AIO installer possibly as an extra step after UXstyles is installed and everything if John wants to do that of course.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Sounds like you might need to run a second patcher on top of UxStyle... Maybe UltraUXThemePatcher https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en (https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)I can put that in as an optional install. I have run my Black Theme Toolkit countless times on different builds w/o a single issue, so I am not going to throw this in as a default. This UltraUXThemePatcher says it modifies system files, so I think a choice as to whether or not to use it is wise.

Shemhamforash
August 14th, 2016, 06:55 PM
I can put that in as an optional install. I have run my Black Theme Toolkit countless times on different builds w/o a single issue, so I am not going to throw this in as a default. This UltraUXThemePatcher says it modifies system files, so I think a choice as to whether or not to use it is wise.

I've never had any problems with using only UxStyle either. But if this really is the solution for people to install UltraUXThemePatcher on top, than it might not be a bad idea having it as a choice. I know I had problems not using the all in one installer and switching themes, UltraUXThemePatcher installed on top seemed to fix the issue.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 07:03 PM
I've never had any problems with using only UxStyle either. But if this really is the solution for people to install UltraUXThemePatcher on top, than it might not be a bad idea having it as a choice. I know I had problems not using the all in one installer and switching themes, UltraUXThemePatcher installed on top seemed to fix the issue.I can make it so it can't be run on TH2/1511 since it is not supported/will bork. Unfortunately I can not find a silent install for it. I will try some things.

Poisoned-talent-
August 14th, 2016, 07:06 PM
I can make it so it can't be run on TH2/1511 since it is not supported/will bork. Unfortunately I can not find a silent install for it. I will try some things.

On the "changes" page it says "Functions

silent installation with parameter /S"

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 07:18 PM
On the "changes" page it says "Functions

silent installation with parameter /S"

I installed it on my 14901, and it went fine. Had trouble finding the uninstall, but it was in Program Files (x86). I copied it to the download folder where I had the installation file. When I did the uninstall.exe /S it reverted computer to default theme, and deleted the installation program. I will figure this out. I don't want the installation program deleted. I will probably need to direct the uninstall command in the batch file to uninstall from the uninstall program in Program Files (x86) instead of putting the uninstall program in my batch file. Further testing will determine.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 07:24 PM
It will work. It will not restart automatically, but I can put in that option also. I will update probably before the end of the day.

August 14th, 2016, 07:48 PM
hey guys like i said i really think the issues are due to a endusers software setup. 2 aren't having any issues, 1 is having to rerun all-in-one almost every time they change themes, and myself so far i only had to rerun all-in-one once to solve my issue. as a fyi i doubt all-in-one is causing any problems. i really do believe it is other software and or personal settings for the affected endusers. now i have one question for you guys. i need something to change my login screen, cause....

https://github.com/PFCKrutonium/Windows-10-Login-Background-Changer/blob/master/README.md

i have already disabled the lock screen.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 07:54 PM
hey guys like i said i really think the issues are due to a endusers software setup. 2 aren't having any issues, 1 is having to rerun all-in-one almost every time they change themes, and myself so far i only had to rerun all-in-one once to solve my issue. as a fyi i doubt all-in-one is causing any problems. i really do believe it is other software and or personal settings for the affected endusers. now i have one question for you guys. i need something to change my login screen, cause....

https://github.com/PFCKrutonium/Windows-10-Login-Background-Changer/blob/master/README.md

i have already disabled the lock screen.Don't you just do this under settings? But, I don't know why you would want to disable the lock screen. Perhaps you should just re-enable it, and you can change your login screen to whatever you wish.

August 14th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Don't you just do this under settings? But, I don't know why you would want to disable the lock screen. Perhaps you should just re-enable it, and you can change your login screen to whatever you wish.

yea i guess then i can disable it after words

Poisoned-talent-
August 14th, 2016, 08:37 PM

i have already disabled the lock screen.

It's got to be something to do with AU because I never had this issue on TH2 at all, just started happening after I updated to AU (even on a clean install) and I'm running the same software that I was running in TH2 so don't think it is a software problem on my end..

August 14th, 2016, 09:33 PM
well i no sooner commented and i got the problem back. nothing i did fixed it, so i installed uxthemepatcher and rebooted. that seems to have done the trick. once back on the desktop i switch from the default to asus green, black v3 blue, and finally thinwhite line with no issues. i'll test again in a bit and post my results.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 09:38 PM
UPDATED OP TO VERSION 0.9.3 WHICH INCLUDES THE ULTRAUXTHEMEPATCHER V3.1.1 AS AN OPTION

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 09:47 PM
well i no sooner commented and i got the problem back. nothing i did fixed it, so i installed uxthemepatcher and rebooted. that seems to have done the trick. once back on the desktop i switch from the default to asus green, black v3 blue, and finally thinwhite line with no issues. i'll test again in a bit and post my results.Now you do know that locking the computer, going to safe mode, or putting the computer to sleep will screw up the theme. There is no fix I know of for that. Just go to Personalization, and reset your theme.

August 14th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Now you do know that locking the computer, going to safe mode, or putting the computer to sleep will screw up the theme. There is no fix I know of for that. Just go to Personalization, and reset your theme.

well in my case the only way is to go to safe mode, cause the system is up 24/7/365. i do appreciate the heads up thought cause i have a few peeps that won't know that that do use sleep. thanks for the update to include uxthemepatcher. now there is one odd bug left that i can actually live with since it's the only thing wrong with anything on my system, and that is when i change themes and then close the personalization window the wallpaper disappears. if i go to background it appears, but the second i click save and close it disappears again. the only thing that fixes it is a logoff or a restart, then it stays. like i said i can live with that. once again thanks for the all-in-one update.

MatG-DK
August 14th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Now you do know that locking the computer, going to safe mode, or putting the computer to sleep will screw up the theme. There is no fix I know of for that. Just go to Personalization, and reset your theme.
Well, i recall that Grim has a reg-fix for that called "RemoveDefaultColor"
And it's working :)

Found this:

Got this from Mr. Grim a while back, I used to have the same problem on Windows 8.1 ...........

Getting rid of white areas in themes after coming out of lock or sleep in Windows 8.1

Windows 8 loads defaults from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors] after every lock/sleep/hibernate.
Make a backup of that key, take ownership of it, and then delete that whole key (defualtcolors).
Then you wont have a problem.

Don't worry, it works on Windows 10 too :Peace:

Almost every theme from Mr.Grim has this reg-fix in the "Extra" Folder

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2016, 10:15 PM

Found this:
Yep I include that reg with all my themes to remove the default colors, it has no negative effect but it stops sleep/lock/hibernate from changing to the default colors.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 10:16 PM

Found this:

Almost every theme from Mr.Grim has this reg-fix in the "Extra" FolderTotally freaking awesome. Thank you. I will check it out shortly, and put it in the toolkit, with proper permissions. :-D

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 10:21 PM
Yep I include that reg with all my themes to remove the default colors, it has no negative effect but it stops sleep/lock/hibernate from changing to the default colors.Now borders come back as blue. All else is good though.

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Now borders come back as blue. All else is good though.

I don't see why, default colors have nothing to do with window borders.

If your using BM's new experimental build maybe that's the problem, I tried it and border colors were not changing as they should.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I don't see why, default colors have nothing to do with window borders.

If your using BM's new experimental build maybe that's the problem, I tried it and border colors were not changing as they should.I just found out that if you Leave
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\HighContrastin but take out the other, everything works absolutely perfectly.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 10:43 PM
No, I don't use BM's experimental build. I tried it for about 1 min. Anyway, I have not used Aeroglass in months. I am always way ahead of BM in builds. I am on the insider program. But, removing Standard, and leaving in High Contrast seems to be the way to go.

Mr GRiM
August 14th, 2016, 10:51 PM
I just found out that if you Leave
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors\HighContrastin but take out the other, everything works absolutely perfectly.

I have always removed the entire DefaultColors key and never had an issue nor heard of anyone else having any, regardless just remove the standard key and it works just as well.

dhjohns
August 14th, 2016, 10:59 PM
I have always removed the entire DefaultColors key and never had an issue nor heard of anyone else having any, regardless just remove the standard key and it works just as well.Yea, I don't know about others, but I set my border to black, and removing everything it came back blue. Removing just the standard it comes back to whatever color I have it set. :)

Devildude4427
August 15th, 2016, 01:47 AM
This is my first time using a theme, so maybe I'm doing it incorrectly, but unless I go to try to change the colour of the theme manually, the taskbar has a very uncomplimentary blue, which doesn't seem to appear on any of the Windows Black edition screenshots. Perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly here? As far as I can tell, everything else works correctly, so maybe I am doing something wrong. 74946

dhjohns
August 15th, 2016, 03:23 AM
This is my first time using a theme, so maybe I'm doing it incorrectly, but unless I go to try to change the colour of the theme manually, the taskbar has a very uncomplimentary blue, which doesn't seem to appear on any of the Windows Black edition screenshots. Perhaps I'm doing something incorrectly here? As far as I can tell, everything else works correctly, so maybe I am doing something wrong. That is the way it always worked for me. I open personalization and make it black. If anyone has a fix, let me know! But....

I HAVE UPDATED THE OP TO VERSION 0.9.4
THIS FIXES THEMES NOT APPLYING PROPERLY AFTER SLEEP OR LOCK.

Devildude4427
August 15th, 2016, 03:35 AM
Oh, alright. It said that a custom colour was applied, and when I changed that custom colour, it changed the header colour of the file explorer, so I thought that maybe the colour wasn't being applied to the taskbar as it was being applied somewhere else. Last question, is nearly every bit of text supposed to go to a very light gray? While replying to a YouTube comment, my text was super light gray, barely readable (became normal black once posted) and going through the installation of another bit of software, the text was a super light gray on the installer's white background. Alright, thanks for the response!

dhjohns
August 15th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Oh, alright. It said that a custom colour was applied, and when I changed that custom colour, it changed the header colour of the file explorer, so I thought that maybe the colour wasn't being applied to the taskbar as it was being applied somewhere else. Last question, is nearly every bit of text supposed to go to a very light gray? While replying to a YouTube comment, my text was super light gray, barely readable (became normal black once posted) and going through the installation of another bit of software, the text was a super light gray on the installer's white background. Alright, thanks for the response!I have not noticed that.

dhjohns
August 16th, 2016, 01:46 PM
It is very strange that if I need to boot into safe mode with the Black Theme installed, when I reboot into normal desktop the theme is not applied properly across all areas. There are white areas where there should not be. The only way I have found to stop this from happening is to save my theme, then using Winaero's Theme Switcher (http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.209) I paste a batch file in the startup folder (shell:startup,) and it applies if the theme has not been set properly. During normal usage there is no theme switching so it doesn't run, but coming back from Safe Mode it runs, and my theme is back to the way it should be.

August 16th, 2016, 02:25 PM
It is very strange that if I need to boot into safe mode with the Black Theme installed, when I reboot into normal desktop the theme is not applied properly across all areas. There are white areas where there should not be. The only way I have found to stop this from happening is to save my theme, then using Winaero's Theme Switcher (http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.209) I paste a batch file in the startup folder (shell:startup,) and it applies if the theme has not been set properly. During normal usage there is no theme switching so it doesn't run, but coming back from Safe Mode it runs, and my theme is back to the way it should be.

i don't think the problem is strictly with safemode. i'm running a test in vm so solve a icon problem and when i did a restart i got some areas as white. i reapplied the theme and all was fine. even tested with another theme to make sure i could still switch themes and all was good.

dhjohns
August 16th, 2016, 02:32 PM
i don't think the problem is strictly with safemode. i'm running a test in vm so solve a icon problem and when i did a restart i got some areas as white. i reapplied the theme and all was fine. even tested with another theme to make sure i could still switch themes and all was good.Yea, it isn't safe mode which is the problem. I also found that if I switch to the standard Windows default theme, then use the theme switcher (directed at my saved theme) to switch to my saved theme all works well, but if I am on another Windows theme, e.g. Flowers the Windows borders come back as a different color from what is in my saved theme.

dhjohns
August 21st, 2016, 11:58 PM
UPDATED OP TO NEW VERSION 1.0.0. THIS VERSION CONTAINS MANY IMPROVEMENTS. HERE IS WHAT IS NEW FROM THE CHANGE LOG:

v1.0.0
Many Improvements to Menu Selections. Better categorization, easier selection process. Added Restart Explorer, Add/Remove Homegroup, Add/Remove Network Icon, Add/Remove Libraries, Add/Remove Details Pane.

Agelyk
August 22nd, 2016, 12:24 AM
v1.0.0
Many Improvements to Menu Selections. Better categorization, easier selection process. Added Restart Explorer, Add/Remove Homegroup, Add/Remove Network Icon, Add/Remove Libraries, Add/Remove Details Pane.
Thanks to improve it dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns)

August 22nd, 2016, 12:30 AM
dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) great update, much appreciated. one quick question. you have anything to hide the user folder from the desktop. i have always hated there. one of microsours biggest mistakes. i lied one more question. did you replace your copies of grims themes with his updated versions?

dhjohns
August 22nd, 2016, 01:04 AM
dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) great update, much appreciated. one quick question. you have anything to hide the user folder from the desktop. i have always hated there. one of microsours biggest mistakes. i lied one more question. did you replace your copies of grims themes with his updated versions?I do not know anything about a user folder on the desktop. Can you explain? I have never had one there. Can you provide a link to the updated versions?

August 22nd, 2016, 01:17 AM
looks like you actually released .94 after grim did the updates. i just checked when he last edited the thread. as for the user folder look like winstep is the only thing showing it. i changed it's behavior for the desktop to solve the problem.

dhjohns
August 22nd, 2016, 01:20 AM
I just downloaded his files; his dates match mine, so I guess I am good.

dhjohns
August 22nd, 2016, 04:54 AM
IF YOU RECENTLY DOWNLOAD THE NEW UPDATE, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AGAIN. I FIXED AN ISSUE WITH TASK BAR TRANSPARENCY. THANK YOU.

August 22nd, 2016, 06:46 PM
just tested 1.0.0 and once again perfect

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 04:14 AM
Just updated OP to include Mr GRiM's Windows Version Window (basebrd.dll) Customizations in Version 1.1.0.

August 27th, 2016, 11:38 AM
VERSION 1.1.0

I have created an All-In-One Installer/Uninstaller for Mr GRiM's Black Themes. This works on Windows 10 builds 10240, 10586, 14393, 14901, and 14905 ONLY. If you try to run it on any other versions of Windows it will not let you do anything. There are plenty of safeguards so you will not BORK your system. Other customizations are available also, and you can also create a restore point if you wish. This program is self extracting, and new versions will over write older ones. A shortcut will be placed on your desktop to the program, and to the readfirst file. You do not have to run as administrator as it is self elevating. Just run the program, and make your choices. Enjoy!

Click on spoiler to see changes for version 1.1.0
v1.1.0 26 August 2016

v1.1.0
Added Windows Version Window Customizations

v1.0.0
Many Improvements to Menu Selections. Better categorization, easier selection process. Added Restart Explorer,
Add/Remove Homegroup, Add/Remove Network Icon, Add/Remove Libraries, Add/Remove Details Pane.

v0.9.4
Fixes Themes not resuming properly after sleep/lock/safemode.

v0.9.3
Added UltraUXThemePatcher v3.1.1

v0.9.2
Added Code to allow 14901 build

v0.9.1
Added User Account Choices

v0.9
Added disabling of immersive context menu. Fixed issue where enough changes have been made to promote to v0.9.

v0.8.2
Added options for program display colors, changed appearance setting to include control panel.

v0.8.1
Corrected a configuration error

v0.8
Added option for two preconfigurations of ONE or do it yourself.

v0.7
Updated code for Anniversary Edition.

v0.6
Options to Enable/Create Restore Points
Added Protections so that if you are not using the correct version of Windows this program will not run!
Also when adding or removing themes the program checks to see which Windows version you are using, and if you made the wrong choice you will be redirected back to the main menu.
Minor appearance updates.

v0.1-v0.5
Minor Bug Fixes to Quit Menu
No longer needs to be run as administrator -- elevates automatically

Black Themes for: 10240
TH2
RS1

Remove Black Themes for all above.

Add Classic Appearance Settings to Desktop Right-Click Menu
Remove Quick Access
Remove Delegate Folders
Remove Both Quick Access, and Delegate Folders
Hide One Drive Icon from File Explorer Navigation Pane
Hide Removable Drives from File Explorer Navigation Pane
Increase Taskbar Transparency
Enable Blur in Taskbar and Start Menu
Change Alt-Tab View to Transparent, and Show Desktop

Note: Alt-Tab View can be easily customized in the registry. Open Regedit, and navigate to here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MultiTaskingView\AltTabViewHost]
"Wallpaper"=dword:00000001
"Grid_backgroundPercent"=dword:00000000

Setting the dword in Wallpaper to 0 is the default.
Setting the dword in Grid_backgroundpercent to anything between 0 and 100 will adjust the transparency.

UNINSTALLS INCLUDED FOR EVERYTHING!

dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) i really think ALL the fonts are WAY TOOOOOOO small. not sure anyone can read it. seriously though you release this just hours AFTER i did my fresh install to correct my icon problem. you know that really figures. thanks a lot for the update though, much appreciated.

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 01:17 PM
dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) i really think ALL the fonts are WAY TOOOOOOO small. not sure anyone can read itWhich fonts?

August 27th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Which fonts?

i'd say you're joking but since it's already been established that you CAN'T take a joke i won't. i'm pretty sure there are at least two others i can speak for when i say you must be a robot, cause you have no sense of humor what so ever.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 04:51 PM
@DHJONS .. installed the latest Windows 10 Dark theme installer on another machine . I can't see the icons in the settings window and the Winver window has a white box around Windows 10 . Did I miss a step on the Installer ? Also when I click on the start menu click power I don't see any options I did before I installed the theme .

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 06:29 PM
@DHJONS .. installed the latest Windows 10 Dark theme installer on another machine . I can't see the icons in the settings window and the Winver window has a white box around Windows 10 . Did I miss a step on the Installer ? Also when I click on the start menu click power I don't see any options I did before I installed the theme .
75123I know nothing about the icons in the settings window. I do not see the icons either. That would probably be a MS issue. I also do not know anything about the start menu power button. Try restarting. I do not see that behavior in 14393 or 14905. But I do know about the Winver window. That is a separate setting under Desktop Customizations, Option 1.

Edit: If you want to see the icons in settings run this reg file
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]

squee666
August 27th, 2016, 06:37 PM
I know nothing about the icons in the settings window. I do not see the icons either. That would probably be a MS issue. I also do not know anything about the start menu power button. Try restarting. I do not see that behavior in 14393 or 14905. But I do know about the Winver window. That is a separate setting under Desktop Customizations, Option 1.

Getting the exact same issue on 14393

http://i.imgur.com/UW4xMAF.jpg

Also it makes all my fonts Black on Black in Settings under Themes

http://i.imgur.com/U6XFWb5.jpg

Oh and it also locks my accents to Black ONLY changing them does nothing and it reverts to black. Even after using your uninstall option and UX theme patching only

gsw953
August 27th, 2016, 07:54 PM
It is because icons and some fonts in the Setting Windows are the accent color so if you have black set as the accent color they will be black

magnus33
August 27th, 2016, 08:13 PM
It is because icons and some fonts in the Setting Windows are the accent color so if you have black set as the accent color they will be black

Man nailed it if you go back to the light theme in colors everything comes back.

Simple fix change the font color.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 08:35 PM
I fixed the Winver Windows 10 white square around it by downloading the basebrd.dll file .

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 08:52 PM
It is because icons and some fonts in the Setting Windows are the accent color so if you have black set as the accent color they will be blackI wish there were some sort of registry setting so that I could set the colors of the settings app icons the same as the theme.

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I fixed the Winver Windows 10 white square around it by downloading the basebrd.dll file .They are all included in my new Black Theme Toolkit v1.1.0

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 09:19 PM
They are all included in my new Black Theme Toolkit v1.1.0

I downloaded that version . When I ran the tool I selected white on black. Inside Windows Personalization I selected Windows 10 Black Theme v3 checked Winver and Windows 10 had white square around it . Was it suppose to change the dll file for me or Id have to do it manually myself ?

I am am still having an issue with the theme inside Notepad with the paper color change . Which I posted on that theme post .

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 09:31 PM
I downloaded that version . When I ran the tool I selected white on black. Inside Windows Personalization I selected Windows 10 Black Theme v3 checked Winver and Windows 10 had white square around it . Was it suppose to change the dll file for me or Id have to do it manually myself ?

I am am still having an issue with the theme inside Notepad with the paper color change . Which I posted on that theme post .You need to go to Desktop Customizations, press 1, and choose your color.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I did that but I don't see a change or like it did anything . After I Pressed 1 inside Desktop Customizations and selected [2] Black it just went back to Desktop Customizations screen.

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 09:46 PM
That is what it does. Run winver, and you will see the change. Try other colors, too and pick which one you like.

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 09:53 PM
I did that but I don't see a change or like it did anything . After I Pressed 1 inside Desktop Customizations and selected [2] Black it just went back to Desktop Customizations screen.I will fix that on the next version. After changing it will run Winver, and show you what it has done. Thank you for your input.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 10:01 PM
No Problem . Thank you for your help on trying to help me fix this issue I am having on the Windows Black Edition v3 theme.

Is this suppose to be like this ? Some of the Font is not visible .

dhjohns
August 27th, 2016, 10:21 PM
No Problem . Thank you for your help on trying to help me fix this issue I am having on the Windows Black Edition v3 theme.

75127Mine looks just like yours.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Can we get Mr.Grim to fix that ?

August 27th, 2016, 10:37 PM

which theme is that on so i can check it herte. ok i read the previous post. this is me on the same theme.

August 27th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Can we get Mr.Grim to fix that ?

if you look at my images it's not the theme. i am surprised dh is getting the same thing as you considering he created the all-in-one-installer. when i reran windows it was ipack icons first, all-in-one-installer second, uxthemepatcher third, starisback fourth, then my various tweaks.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I was using the Dark default theme that came within the Windows 10 anniversary update ( including the Insider Builds ) with the same color and didn't have that issue . Once I installed the theme I started having these issues where the Notepad paper was dark gray , and some of the text in the settings were not visible . On my other computer which I have the same theme it displays the paper inside Microsoft Word 2016 with a dark gray paper along with Notepad . So i don't think it is windows .

gsw953
August 27th, 2016, 11:17 PM
if you look at my images it's not the theme. i am surprised dh is getting the same thing as you considering he created the all-in-one-installer. when i reran windows it was ipack icons first, all-in-one-installer second, uxthemepatcher third, starisback fourth, then my various tweaks.
did you not see my reply http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller?p=317320&viewfull=1#post317320
If the accent color is set to black the font will be black,if it is set to blue the font will be blue

August 27th, 2016, 11:18 PM
ok i just reapplied the theme and checked both word and outlook and i black paper and the background for emails is black, but all the text is readable. as for word if you're just doing a simple doc should print normally if i remember correctly.

Shemhamforash
August 27th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Settings and its text and icons has nothing to do with the visual style. Modern apps cannot be themed by msstyles, to theme universal apps on Windows 10 you need Visual Studio 2015 Express (https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx) with SDK for the same Windows build that you are using. So you need to change accent color in settings app to make the text and icons visible again.

August 27th, 2016, 11:22 PM
did you not see my reply http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller?p=317320&viewfull=1#post317320
If the accent color is set to black the font will be black,if it is set to blue the font will be blue

guess i should of asked if he switched the built in windows theme back to it's default.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 11:47 PM
Settings and its text and icons has nothing to do with the visual style. Modern apps cannot be themed by msstyles, to theme universal apps on Windows 10 you need Visual Studio 2015 Express (https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx) with SDK for the same Windows build that you are using. So you need to change accent color in settings app to make the text and icons visible again.

I don't want the the blue color font . I would like it to be the light gray font or at least white.

guess i should of asked if he switched the built in windows theme back to it's default.

No I didn't change anything to default . Still running windows 10 insider build 14905.

VistaKing
August 27th, 2016, 11:56 PM
ok i just reapplied the theme and checked both word and outlook and i black paper and the background for emails is black, but all the text is readable. as for word if you're just doing a simple doc should print normally if i remember correctly.

Yes I get the paper in word , notepad and outlook 2016 paper black . I would like that to be the default white paper color . When I print the font color is light gray . Also I came across if I am using Skype for business 2016 hyperlinks are not readable . The font color of those are white to the other user that I am sending the link to plus when I am typing the hyperlink I can't see what I am typing I woud have to highlight the thing for it to be readable with white font and blue highlight .

Note : Moderator(s). Please delete the #78 post for me please

Shemhamforash
August 28th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Yes I get the paper in word , notepad and outlook 2016 paper black . I would like that to be the default white paper color . When I print the font color is light gray . Also I came across if I am using Skype for business 2016 hyperlinks are not readable . The font color of those are white to the other user that I am sending the link to plus when I am typing the hyperlink I can't see what I am typing I woud have to highlight the thing for it to be readable with white font and blue highlight .

And what happens if you use the Mix themes (compatible with office backgrounds), and change the accent color to something other than black or blue?

Most of the points you're listing is the reason Mr GRiM makes a Mix theme for Windows 10 Black Edition as well as some of his other themes.

VistaKing
August 28th, 2016, 12:12 AM
And what happens if you use the Mix themes (compatible with office backgrounds), and change the accent color to something other than black or blue?

Most of the points you're listing is the reason Mr GRiM makes a Mix theme for Windows 10 Black Edition as well as some of his other themes.

To be honest I really like the look of how Windows 10 Black Edition v3 looks . Tried the v2 mix did not like it as much .

Shemhamforash
August 28th, 2016, 12:15 AM
To be honest I really like the look of how Windows 10 Black Edition v3 looks . Tried the v2 mix did not like it as much .

You will have to compromise or switch themes if you want a light office and notepad background. There is no other way.

That being said, the new insider office previews have their own in-built themes that override the custom theme's settings, also the web apps for office are an option

VistaKing
August 28th, 2016, 12:19 AM
You will have to compromise or switch themes if you want a light office and notepad background. There is no other way.

That being said, the new insider office previews have their own in-built themes that override the custom theme's settings, also the web apps for office are an option

My office is not an Insider Build. You would need Office 365 subscription which I do not have and to get into the Office Insider . I use the theme that comes within the actual office itself which is Dark Gray

Shemhamforash
August 28th, 2016, 12:21 AM
My office is not an Insider Build. You would need Office 365 subscription which I do not have and to get into the Office Insider . I use the theme that comes within the actual office itself which is Dark Gray

I'm only letting you know it's an option. You'll need to use the Mix theme, the Windows default theme or another Windows 10 theme that has a light background if you don't want your backgrounds to change to grey. If you'd like I can link you to some themes on the site that will function the way you want with your version of Office.

VistaKing
August 28th, 2016, 12:36 AM
Changed the theme to Windows Black Edition Blue and Blue mix and this is what I am getting inside the Theme settings inside Settings

dhjohns
August 28th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Changed the theme to Windows Black Edition Blue and Blue mix and this is what I am getting inside the Theme settings inside Settings

75130I guarantee this will fix it for you. Close settings app. Copy the following code to notepad, and save it with a .reg extension. If you don't know how ask me. Then run it. Re-open your settings, and it will be fixed.

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]

VistaKing
August 28th, 2016, 12:55 AM
I guarantee this will fix it for you. Close settings app. Copy the following code to notepad, and save it with a .reg extension. If you don't know how ask me. Then run it. Re-open your settings, and it will be fixed.

Thank you for this fix . Saved the fix as .reg merged it and it made my start menu Blue , The icons in settings blue along with blue font inside Theme settings section inside Settings.

August 28th, 2016, 12:57 AM

please either do what Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) suggest or dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) suggest. as for needing a 365 sunscribtion no. i can signin right now with just my microsoft account info to signup fofor the insider preview builds.

dhjohns
August 28th, 2016, 12:58 AM
I put this in the Toolkit --the file that made things "go wrong" for you. So, what I think I will do is put it in as an option, as you, and I am sure others, find it annoying.

VistaKing
August 28th, 2016, 01:17 AM
please either do what Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) suggest or dhjohns (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) suggest. as for needing a 365 sunscribtion no. i can signin right now with just my microsoft account info to signup fofor the insider preview builds.

I did use the fix that dhjohns mentioned on post 85 . Where do you sign up for the insider preview builds for Office ? I don't see an option for that while I am signed in with my account inside Word .

I put this in the Toolkit --the file that made things "go wrong" for you. So, what I think I will do is put it in as an option, as you, and I am sure others, find it annoying.

Thank you . Would that fix the page color of Notepad and Word as well ?

dhjohns
August 28th, 2016, 09:26 PM
​UPDATED OP

VistaKing
August 28th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Does this update also fix the Notepad and Word paper color issue ? I would like to keep using the v3 of the Black theme where all Windows are dark .

dhjohns
August 29th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Does this update also fix the Notepad and Word paper color issue ? I would like to keep using the v3 of the Black theme where all Windows are dark .Only the themes, and how notepad, etc handle them effect that.

VistaKing
August 29th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Only the themes, and how notepad, etc handle them effect that.

Will I have to uninstall anything before I download and run the new version 1.1.1 ?

dhjohns
August 29th, 2016, 10:48 AM
No, just download it. Double click on it, and it will overwrite the previous version.

August 29th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Will I have to uninstall anything before I download and run the new version 1.1.1 ?

the only items you should have to uninstall before installing a new one are icon packs.

No, just download it. Double click on it, and it will overwrite the previous version.

i was think for those that don't want the black themes there is no reason there can't be a installer that doesn't include any themes. may be name them like this:

All-In-One-Themer.exe

All-In-One-Patcher.exe

dhjohns
August 29th, 2016, 01:15 PM
i was think for those that don't want the black themes there is no reason there can't be a installer that doesn't include any themes.I could include the option without any difficulty.

August 29th, 2016, 07:08 PM
I could include the option without any difficulty.

COOL thought of that after i logged out. don't get me wrong i love the black series by grim, but i typically test out themes then revert back to one of gsw953's themes.

VistaKing
August 29th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Installed the latest version 1.1.1 did not see any change except for the new option for Ultra Black . But the notepad and Word still having dark paper . Its not my Office theme cause if I change the theme to something else like the Windows default the word paper is white again along with Notepad.

GreywolfsSpirit
August 31st, 2016, 05:21 PM
Well, I installed the current insider preview for 14905.1000 and the uxthemepatcher will not patch the files. Says it's not supported. Will have to wait until the patcher is updated I guess.

Edit: Found an apdated UXPatcher program.. 3.1.2 that fixes this..

https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en

Edit again: Well, now that I had that fixed, MS released update 14915, which now breaks it, as the all in one isnt recognized with this release yet.. Oh well.. back to the 14905 for me I think lol. I have to have my themes lol
(https://www.syssel.net/hoefs/software_uxtheme.php?lang=en)

bachbeet
September 6th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I am still using Win7. I like the fleibility of being able to use theme resource changer to alter the dll folders with pngs of my choosing. Does Windows 10 have the same feature/program? If not, how does one change the start orb, shell 32 pngs, navigation pngs in Win10?

Shemhamforash
September 6th, 2016, 10:29 PM
I am still using Win7. I like the fleibility of being able to use theme resource changer to alter the dll folders with pngs of my choosing. Does Windows 10 have the same feature/program? If not, how does one change the start orb, shell 32 pngs, navigation pngs in Win10?

bachbeet (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/212304-bachbeet) there is no Theme Resource Changer in Windows 8+. The Start Orb must be changed manually using the program StartIsBack++ which also skins the start menu and taskbar. The shell32 and control panel navigation images are built-in to custom themes on Windows 8+, and change automatically with the theme thanks to the program OldNewExplorer. Another add-on you can use is Aero Glass, which brings back the glassy look in window frames, among other things. Hope this helps

dhjohns
September 6th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Well, I installed the current insider preview for 14905.1000 and the uxthemepatcher will not patch the files. Says it's not supported. Will have to wait until the patcher is updated I guess.

Edit: Found an apdated UXPatcher program.. 3.1.2 that fixes this..I will have updated version later tonight.

dhjohns
September 7th, 2016, 02:03 AM
UPDATED OP TO INCLUDE SUPPORT FOR BUILD 14914, AND LATEST ULTRAUXTHEMEPATCH V3.1.2. Note: I have never found any reason to use this patch, but it is there regardless.

Shemhamforash
September 7th, 2016, 02:40 AM
UPDATED OP TO INCLUDE SUPPORT FOR BUILD 14914, AND LATEST ULTRAUXTHEMEPATCH V3.1.2. Note: I have never found any reason to use this patch, but it is there regardless.

Let us know if anything in these RS2 builds eventually stops working with the black themes, I'm personally done with trying insider builds until very close to the time when RS2 comes out next spring.

bachbeet
September 7th, 2016, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Shem. What you are saying is that one doesn't have the same fleibility in Win10 to change the nav buttons, etc.

Shemhamforash
September 7th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the reply Shem. What you are saying is that one doesn't have the same fleibility in Win10 to change the nav buttons, etc.

No, the explorer navigation buttons are also built-in to the .msstyles on Windows 8+ themes.

September 7th, 2016, 03:30 PM
thread is back on topic

Nimbi
September 8th, 2016, 02:21 AM
Slight bug in this I do believe. I installed this earlier and ran it. It 'seemed' to be working fine. Themes switched over flawlessly (unlike UxStyle), everything 'appeared' to have applied properly, everything 'appeared' to be working. But when I went to sign back onto my computer after taking a nap (and having done no other mods after applying this), I was unable to sign in. Every attempt to logon to my computer simply refreshed the login screen. I'm not sure what part of this did it, but I'm pretty sure this is the cause of the problem since I had never had this issue before. Luckily I created a restore point and was able to restore my laptop. But I would really like to see this et fixed because UxStyle is a bitch for people like me who tend to change themes on occasion.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Slight bug in this I do believe. I installed this earlier and ran it. It 'seemed' to be working fine. Themes switched over flawlessly (unlike UxStyle), everything 'appeared' to have applied properly, everything 'appeared' to be working. But when I went to sign back onto my computer after taking a nap (and having done no other mods after applying this), I was unable to sign in. Every attempt to logon to my computer simply refreshed the login screen. I'm not sure what part of this did it, but I'm pretty sure this is the cause of the problem since I had never had this issue before. Luckily I created a restore point and was able to restore my laptop. But I would really like to see this et fixed because UxStyle is a bitch for people like me who tend to change themes on occasion.

UxStyle is what's used to patch in the Black Theme Toolkit. Still, it seems to have better results on some occasions than just downloading and installing UxStyle for some reason.

Nimbi
September 8th, 2016, 02:45 AM
UxStyle is what's used to patch in the Black Theme Toolkit. Still, it seems to have better results on some occasions than just downloading and installing UxStyle for some reason.

I used the UltraUxThemePatcher method in it. Perhaps it was caused by UxStyle being used with UltraUxThemePatcher? Dunno, but I just found UltraUxThemePatcher via google search and I'm testing it out. Login is still working so I'm hoping themes will as well. (I lost all my stuff because I decided to run factory reset to get rid of excess crap anyways. I wanted to make sure i didn't have any corrupt crap adding to the issue).

:cheeky:

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 02:46 AM
I used the UltraUxThemePatcher method in it. Perhaps it was caused by UxStyle being used with UltraUxThemePatcher? Dunno, but I just found UltraUxThemePatcher via google search and I'm testing it out. Login is still working so I'm hoping themes will as well. (I lost all my stuff because I decided to run factory reset to get rid of excess crap anyways. I wanted to make sure i didn't have any corrupt crap adding to the issue).

:cheeky:

Totally forgot about UltraUXThemePatcher being added in. Just goes to show how long I haven't been keeping up with this installer for

Nimbi
September 8th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Totally forgot about UltraUXThemePatcher being added in. Just goes to show how long I haven't been keeping up with this installer for

lol no worries. it appears to be working flawlessly (we'll see how long that lasts lol). The only remaining issue is that it still creates an unsaved version of the theme when switching. But it still loads it perfectly now. :cheeky:

Castielle679
September 18th, 2016, 04:07 AM
Thanks! This is just what I was looking for.

You guys rock!

THempleman
September 22nd, 2016, 08:35 PM
I came hoe to a bricked pc last night. BFD. I clean installed 14926 and tried to make it black again, and it bricked 2 times. I'm on my 3rd install of 14926, and I want a professional opinion: Take ownership, rename,replace the three files, install ONE and pray, or wait for another All in one. I love my Black/ Aqua theme.
P.S. as your disqualifier states, DON"T USE IT ON THIS VERSION...
P.P.S. I probably could find a compatible .iso. Maybe I'll do that

THempleman
September 22nd, 2016, 08:56 PM
P.P.P.S. I will try to use the themes without the Take ownership method.
P.P.P.P.S. I found 14393 if this fails.

As always, thanks to all for your work.

THempleman
September 22nd, 2016, 09:09 PM
(Choir of angels) It worked! ONE, UxStyle and Mr. GRiM's custom-for-me aqua .msstyles file.(aqua scroll bar)
I did not use take ownership/ rename/replace, or SiB or Aero-Glass.

dhjohns
September 23rd, 2016, 04:21 AM
FINALLY UPDATED OP TO INCLUDE SUPPORT FOR ALL RS2 BUILDS UP TO AND INCLUDING BUILD 14931. ENJOY!!!

THempleman
September 23rd, 2016, 02:35 PM
You ROCK!

dhjohns
September 25th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I REUPLOADED TOOLKIT DUE TO MISSING ICON ON DESKTOP. INSTEAD OF REDOWNLOADING YOU CAN ASSIGN THE ICON WHICH IS LOCATED IN FILES\REGISTRY\ICO.ICO. ENJOY!!!

mike 59
September 25th, 2016, 08:22 PM
thanks dhjohns for your work:Smile::peace:

dhjohns
September 28th, 2016, 04:01 AM
It appears something has changed with the new update which brings us to 14393.222. Try as I may, I can not get themes to work. :(

http://s17.postimg.org/mq4hzfmb3/screenshot_5.png​

iSpithash
September 28th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Hey guys i just found this forum and it is great! :)

I'm on version 14393.187 and none of the methods/pathcers found on internet work (including All-in-One).
No mater what theme i choose it always shows the default theme.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 05:59 AM
It appears something has changed with the new update which brings us to 14393.222. Try as I may, I can not get themes to work. :(

This may have been a fluke. I do know the AU can be a bit touchy at times with regard to theme changing.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 06:01 AM

I'm on version 14393.187 and none of the methods/pathcers found on internet work (including All-in-One).
No mater what theme i choose it always shows the default theme.I don't know why it wouldn't. Run the installer again, then make sure you reboot.

September 29th, 2016, 02:26 PM

has to be a fluke like you said in your one post cause it makes no sense for all-in-one to work on the preview releases and not the anniversarty update. i'll create a restore point and update see what i get.

September 29th, 2016, 02:30 PM

No mater what theme i choose it always shows the default theme.

I don't know why it wouldn't. Run the installer again, then make sure you reboot.

i'm with dhjohns try rerunning the installer. remember once everything is extracted you still need to click the desktop icon to actually install, and you will see all your options once it starts.

September 29th, 2016, 02:38 PM
not being offered the cumulative update to bring me up to 14393.222

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I think it is an insider update.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 02:44 PM
I think it is an insider update.Here is MS link for x64 version https://t.co/wZZhTKhydN

September 29th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I think it is an insider update.

Here is MS link for x64 version https://t.co/wZZhTKhydN

that link opens the download window and wants you to download "windows10.0-kb3194496-x64_2cacef6b46462af81dd957d5b883f32665aad56e.cab". if this is a inside release that is a stupid move by mickysour. a insider release to an official release, geeze and as if i don't already think how they handle updates is bullshit.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 05:08 PM
that link opens the download window and wants you to download "windows10.0-kb3194496-x64_2cacef6b46462af81dd957d5b883f32665aad56e.cab". if this is a inside release that is a stupid move by mickysour. a insider release to an official release, geeze and as if i don't already think how they handle updates is bullshit.There are always links to updates available as a simple download. This has been true for ever. If you are a member of Insider Preview track or something like that you get it in WU like normal. Others, who do testing, and know how to install updates from cab files prefer this way.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 05:09 PM
geeze and as if i don't already think how they handle updates is bullshit.MS gives updates like any other OS. Over the internet. Did you expect UPS?https://theprolink.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Approved-Notary.png

Sux
September 29th, 2016, 09:15 PM
I just received an upgrade to 14393.222 for my win10 Pro x64 and theme work normally as before.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 09:27 PM
I just received an upgrade to 14393.222 for my win10 Pro x64 and theme work normally as before.

75695Awesome. I tried again, and I also got it to work just fine!

iSpithash
September 29th, 2016, 10:14 PM
i'm with dhjohns try rerunning the installer. remember once everything is extracted you still need to click the desktop icon to actually install, and you will see all your options once it starts.

I did it again with no success. Maybe it's an app or something?
I use Start10, some tweaks with Winaero tweaker and a custom icon pack. Note that no theme/patcher works.

Any suggestion? Maybe if i try sfc /scannow ?

September 29th, 2016, 10:31 PM
I did it again with no success. Maybe it's an app or something?
I use Start10, some tweaks with Winaero tweaker and a custom icon pack. Note that no theme/patcher works.

Any suggestion? Maybe if i try sfc /scannow ?

unless anyone else wants to chime in with an idea i'd suggest at this point rolling back to before you installed anything for custom themes, restart, then use the patcher.

dhjohns
September 29th, 2016, 11:18 PM
unless anyone else wants to chime in with an idea i'd suggest at this point rolling back to before you installed anything for custom themes, restart, then use the patcher.Yea, try it without the Start10. I think that may be the issue. I don't know exactly what files Start10 changes, but I have used the installer with a boatload of other programs without issue. I have never, ever altered the Start menu though.

EDIT: I see that Start10 is from Stardock. I am sure that is the problem.

September 29th, 2016, 11:50 PM

Sux (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/259234-Sux) thanks for the info, much appreciated

iSpithash
September 30th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Yea, try it without the Start10. I think that may be the issue. I don't know exactly what files Start10 changes, but I have used the installer with a boatload of other programs without issue. I have never, ever altered the Start menu though.

EDIT: I see that Start10 is from Stardock. I am sure that is the problem.

I uninstalled Start10 and used CCleaner to clean Registry, i ran the Installer twice with no success!!!!
What is going on here?

dhjohns
September 30th, 2016, 09:30 AM
I uninstalled Start10 and used CCleaner to clean Registry, i ran the Installer twice with no success!!!!
What is going on here?Did any of the other customizations work for you? You did double click the desktop shortcut, and go through all the menus right? You must do more than just extract it, you must actually run it, and go through the prompts, there are many options, and customizations included.

iSpithash
September 30th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Did any of the other customizations work for you? You did double click the desktop shortcut, and go through all the menus right?

Yes of course i went through the menus. OldNewExplorer works (I had it installed anyway).
What are the files it patches inside the Windows folder? Maybe it can't patch them because of permissions or something...

dhjohns
September 30th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Yes of course i went through the menus. OldNewExplorer works (I had it installed anyway).
What are the files it patches inside the Windows folder? Maybe it can't patch them because of permissions or something...All permissions are taken care of. I have run this program with every update, and every version, and never had a problem. You did restart right?

iSpithash
September 30th, 2016, 09:37 AM
All permissions are taken care of. I have run this program with every update, and every version, and never had a problem. You did restart right?
I did Restart.
Then i messed my Windows somehow...

dhjohns
September 30th, 2016, 09:40 AM
The patched files in \System32 are themeui.dll, UXInit.dll, and uxtheme.dll. There should be backups with a .bak extension. But these are not even actually necessary in RS1. In RS2 they are absolutely. Check in Windows\Resources\Themes to make sure all the themes are there.

dhjohns
September 30th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I did Restart.
Then i messed my Windows somehow...Can you just reinstall Windows, and give it another shot?

iSpithash
September 30th, 2016, 09:45 AM
The patched files in \System32 are themeui.dll, UXInit.dll, and uxtheme.dll. There should be backups with a .bak extension. But these are not even actually necessary in RS1. In RS2 they are absolutely. Check in Windows\Resources\Themes to make sure all the themes are there.
Yes they all have backups, whatever i don't know what else to do except from a clean install of Windows :P

dhjohns
September 30th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Yes they all have backups, whatever i don't know what else to do except from a clean install of Windows :PYea, I don't know. It seems the Windows Theme Changer Program is not working. :(

September 30th, 2016, 11:46 AM
iSpithash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312242-iSpithash) i and dhjohns had you recheck everything and you can't seem to find anything wrong. so i agree with dhjohn on doing a clean install of windows. belowe is exactly what i would do.

maske sure you backup anything you don't want to loose
wipe the drive
reinstall windows using the custom settings and a local account
once in windows go to user accounts and change user account control to not to notify
do your updates
install the all-in-one-installer

dhjohns
September 30th, 2016, 11:55 AM
iSpithash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/312242-iSpithash) i and dhjohns had you recheck everything and you can't seem to find anything wrong. so i agree with dhjohn on doing a clean install of windows. belowe is exactly what i would do.

maske sure you backup anything you don't want to loose
wipe the drive
reinstall windows using the custom settings and a local account
once in windows go to user accounts and change user account control to not to notify
do your updates
install the all-in-one-installerLocal account and custom settings are ok if you wish but unnecessary. I always install local, but switch immediately to MS, and I ALWAYS use express settings. So do what you wish, but I suggest default.

iSpithash
September 30th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Thank you guys. I'll do a clean install somewhere in near future. I'll post back when this time comes!

dhjohns
October 1st, 2016, 03:08 PM
I UPDATED OP TO NEW VERSION 1.2.1. THIS BRINGS SUPPORT UP TO LATEST RS2 BUILD 14936. FOR ANNIVERSARY UPDATE'S LATEST CU TO 14393.222, THEMES SWITCHING, AND APPLICATION SHOULD BE MUCH IMPROVED.

October 1st, 2016, 04:09 PM
I UPDATED OP TO NEW VERSION 1.2.1. THIS BRINGS SUPPORT UP TO LATEST RS2 BUILD 14936. FOR ANNIVERSARY UPDATE'S LATEST CU TO 14393.222, THEMES SWITCHING, AND APPLICATION SHOULD BE MUCH IMPROVED.

nice timing dude since i just installed 14393.222 in vm for testing with your previous all-in-one.

THempleman
October 1st, 2016, 04:58 PM
14931 isn't my favorite build.

dhjohns
October 9th, 2016, 06:31 PM
I UPDATED THE OP TO VERSION 1.2.2 WHICH INCLUDES SUPPORT FOR THE LATEST INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD 14942. I ALSO CLARIFIED THAT I HAVE INCLUDED ULTRAUXTHEMEPATCHER IN ALL VERSIONS EXCEPT FOR BUILD 10240. ULTRAUXTHEMEPATCHER IS AVAILABLE TO INSTALL ON THAT BUILD ONLY. SINCE IT IS NECESSARY FOR THEMES TO WORK IN THE OTHER BUILDS IT IS INSTALLED AUTOMATICALLY.

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 05:16 AM
UPDATED OP TO INCLUDE SUPPORT FOR ALL BUILDS UP TO AND INCLUDING RS2 14946!!! ENJOY.

Poisoned-talent-
October 14th, 2016, 07:09 AM
"Includes UltrUXThemePatcher"

You say it includes UltraUXThemePatcher for all the builds except for 10240 but when I run through the stuff (for Build 14393/14901-31) in the end it doesn't seem to install UltraUXThemePatcher at all (I've checked install logs and everything), I have to manually go in and install it myself, looking through the code of the bat file it doesn't seem like you included the install process at all for any of the builds for UltraUXThemePatcher other than for the option 5 thing on the main menu and we can't use that to install UltraUXThemePatcher as it'll only allow us to install it on 10240.. oh and all this is on the latest version of your AIO installer (1.2.3)

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 12:45 PM
It's my first time using your tool how can i install only dll's for 14946 ?

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 12:54 PM
It's my first time using your tool how can i install only dll's for 14946 ?This tool works with every Windows 10 permutation. It allows you to customize several aspects of Windows, and lets you install 3rd party themes. I have included Grim's Black Themes, but the rest of the themes available on this forum can be just dropped into the themes folder in Windows, then used. It does install OldNewExplorer, but NOT classic shell. I don't know what you mean by installing only dlls for 14946. The only dlls it installs are for OldNewExplorer, and the three dlls which enable 3rd party themes, all the rest are theme files, and registry edits.

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 12:57 PM
I mean i don't wan to install OldNewExplorer i only want support for 3rd party themes dll's

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I mean i don't wan to install OldNewExplorer i only want support for 3rd party themes dll'sThen select that you want to configure it yourself during 3rd party theme install.

October 14th, 2016, 01:06 PM
It's my first time using your tool how can i install only dll's for 14946 ?

i quoted this from the main post.

"I have created an All-In-One Installer/Uninstaller for Mr GRiM's Black Themes. This works on Windows 10 builds 10240, 10586, 14393, and RS2 up to and including build 14946."

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Ok, i'll try it sorry if i bothered you but in which step ?

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 01:08 PM
"Includes UltrUXThemePatcher"

You say it includes UltraUXThemePatcher for all the builds except for 10240 but when I run through the stuff (for Build 14393/14901-31) in the end it doesn't seem to install UltraUXThemePatcher at all (I've checked install logs and everything), I have to manually go in and install it myself, looking through the code of the bat file it doesn't seem like you included the install process at all for any of the builds for UltraUXThemePatcher other than for the option 5 thing on the main menu and we can't use that to install UltraUXThemePatcher as it'll only allow us to install it on 10240.. oh and all this is on the latest version of your AIO installer (1.2.3)LOL, it is there. It installs automatically.
takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll themeui.dll.bak
copy Patch14931\themeui.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\

takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll uxinit.dll.bak
copy Patch14931\uxinit.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\

takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.dll.bak
copy Patch14931\uxtheme.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 01:08 PM
I saw that, i'm just asking if i can install 3rd party theme dll's without OldNewExplorer !

October 14th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Ok, i'll try it sorry if i bothered you but in which step ?

Ultras1919 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/268592-Ultras1919) welcome aboard by the way, and no bother. rather regular member, vip, or staff we're here to help if we can.

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 01:15 PM
I saw that, i'm just asking if i can install 3rd party theme dll's without OldNewExplorer !If you really do not want it, and you have not registered the ONE dlls then just delete the whole folder from Program Files (x86).

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Last thing man, i installed W10_Black_Theme_Toolkit_v1.2.3 in C drive i opened folder and i found bunch of folders (Backup - Patch - Patch 14931 - Themes10240 - ThemesRS1 - THEMESTH2...... ), so which files do i need to copy to sys32 cause there is no folder mentioning RS2 files ? And i'm really sorry i already told you this is my first time using your toolkit

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 03:48 PM
There is a shortcut on your desktop. You run it from there.

http://s22.postimg.org/8fdw399k1/screenshot_2.png

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Yes i know but which version do i have to select RS1 - 10240 Cause there is no mention of RS2 or 14946 or 14942 !!!!

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Choose Option 3. Sorry, I will update. It does work for all RS1 and RS2 builds.

http://s22.postimg.org/8w3p3fmox/screenshot_4.png

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 04:07 PM
OK, I reupped it, and now it looks like this.

http://s22.postimg.org/dac6f9x9d/screenshot_5.png

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 06:55 PM
That's what i'm talking about thank you :D

Poisoned-talent-
October 14th, 2016, 09:58 PM
LOL, it is there. It installs automatically.
takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\themeui.dll themeui.dll.bak
copy Patch14931\themeui.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\

takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxinit.dll uxinit.dll.bak
copy Patch14931\uxinit.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\

takeown /F %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll
icacls %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll /grant "Everyone":F
REN %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.dll.bak
copy Patch14931\uxtheme.dll %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\

Ah gotcha, but just doing the install through the cmd stuff seems to have initiated the problem I used to have..

Once I went in and installed UltraUXThemePatcher again manually things started working like normal again.. so something is up with this.

dhjohns
October 15th, 2016, 10:04 PM
UPDATED TO VERSION 1.2.4 TO FIX ISSUE WITH THEMES NOT LOADING PROPERLY WHEN RESTARTING FROM SLEEP MODE, LOCK, HIBERNATE, OR SLEEP.

talkable
October 16th, 2016, 04:27 AM
Hmm.. this worked really well on the Windows Black, but how do I apply this on other themes?

dhjohns
October 16th, 2016, 05:16 AM
Hmm.. this worked really well on the Windows Black, but how do I apply this on other themes?You download themes from forum. Extract, and copy them over to Windows\resources\themes folder, then just change your themes the way you normally would. I usually copy over the fonts to the fonts folder, too.

THempleman
October 17th, 2016, 03:22 AM
Your AiO is the only way I can get the themes to display correctly. If only I could remember to revert to a Windows theme before I upgrade...20/20 hindsight!
Thanks again for all your work.

dhjohns
October 20th, 2016, 02:38 PM
UPDATED OP TO INCLUDE SUPPORT FOR ALL WINDOWS BUILDS UP TO AND INCLUDING BUILD 14951.

http://s22.postimg.org/4nvmwdajl/screenshot_22.png

THempleman
October 21st, 2016, 03:48 AM
It didn't work on 14951 for me...BUT I DIDN'T BRICK IT!!!!!!

dhjohns
October 21st, 2016, 05:44 AM
It didn't work on 14951 for me...BUT I DIDN'T BRICK IT!!!!!!I upgraded, and it didn't work at first but I switched themes a few times, rebooted, switched themes, it started working and is fine now. With clean install it worked right off.

dhjohns
October 21st, 2016, 11:19 PM
I do not know if this will be of any help but here is a link to BigMuscle's new UxThemeSignatureBypass dll.

http://glass8.eu/out/UxTSB-2016-10-19.7z

THempleman
October 22nd, 2016, 02:57 AM
Zip, zero nada. I've installed/ uninstalled and rebooted countless times. I copied the dll to system32, correct? Maybe I'll clean-it Sunday.
As always, thanks for everything!

dhjohns
October 22nd, 2016, 03:40 AM
That really sucks.

THempleman
October 23rd, 2016, 11:42 PM
I clean-installed 14951 and 1.2.5 works flawlessly!
Thanks as always.

dhjohns
October 23rd, 2016, 11:45 PM
I clean-installed 14951 and 1.2.5 works flawlessly!
Thanks as always.Thank you for letting me know. I do not know what the problem is with the upgrade, and why I was able to get it to work, and you couldn't. I switched back, and forth between several themes. I think probably one of Mr Grim's Black themes, Jarvis, Chrononaut, and perhaps Poison. During one of the switchings it just kicked in. SMH

THempleman
October 24th, 2016, 01:31 AM
I only go black, er, I only use Mr. GRiM's black themes and switched between those and windows' standard themes.
Thanks again.

hyf5
October 27th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I Love this toolkit but can you add an option to bring back the one level up button in the file explorer ?
Or tell me how to bring it back, please.

October 27th, 2016, 12:27 PM
I Love this toolkit but can you add an option to bring back the one level up button in the file explorer ?
Or tell me how to bring it back, please.

click on the part if the address in the address bar for the folder you wand to go to. for instance i have j:/Downloads - Torrents/Downloads/Desktop Downloads open, and i want to go to Downloads i just click on where it says downloads in the address.

Ultras1919
October 27th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Any news about build 14955 ?

dhjohns
October 27th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I updated the OP to v1.3.0. I lifted restrictions for future RS2 builds, so use at your own risk for them. I have tried several ways to get this to work with an update instead of requiring clean install, and it appears that simply switching to a default Windows theme before upgrading, then running the installer again after the update works.

dhjohns
October 27th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Any news about build 14955 ?It works with 14955. Download v1.3.0. Set theme to Default Windows before upgrading, then rerun installer to get all your stuff back. It works with clean install also, of course.

http://s17.postimg.org/uoit4s9f3/screenshot_1.png

THempleman
October 28th, 2016, 12:40 AM
Upside down smiley face. Oh well, it's been almost a week since I clean installed!
As always, thanks for all your work!

fester
October 28th, 2016, 01:30 AM
looks awsome cant wait to try it out

naur
November 1st, 2016, 02:52 AM
Hi dhjohns, I'm having a very minor issue with the theme that I need some help with. Basically, in a video I recently saw, the Dark Theme by Mr. GRiM had a completely grey file explorer. I very much liked the look of this, yet for some reason when I installed the theme (both through your installer and the video's instructions) The center, or I guess actual explorer part of file explorer, is now a dark black, rather than the gray that the rest of the explorer is. Can you help?

dhjohns
November 1st, 2016, 12:50 PM
Hi dhjohns, I'm having a very minor issue with the theme that I need some help with. Basically, in a video I recently saw, the Dark Theme by Mr. GRiM had a completely grey file explorer. I very much liked the look of this, yet for some reason when I installed the theme (both through your installer and the video's instructions) The center, or I guess actual explorer part of file explorer, is now a dark black, rather than the gray that the rest of the explorer is. Can you help?Can you post screenshots, and the actual names of the themes you are having issues with?

naur
November 2nd, 2016, 03:03 AM
Can you post screenshots, and the actual names of the themes you are having issues with?

Yeah, of course!
This is what my folder currently looks like

This is what I'd like it to look like

The theme is Windows Black Edition, and any version as I can't really tell a difference. Thanks for the help!

dhjohns
November 2nd, 2016, 03:23 AM
You want this theme by gsw953. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72575-Gray10-for-Anniversary-Upate just copy theme to theme folder in windows\resources.

naur
November 2nd, 2016, 03:50 AM
You want this theme by gsw953. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72575-Gray10-for-Anniversary-Upate just copy theme to theme folder in windows\resources.

So I just installed that theme, and it was a slightly too light of a grey, and the highlighted areas were a bright blue, which I found a little annoying. However, when I switched back to the black theme, the folder fixed itself! It was a uniform grey again, just like the second link I posted earlier. However, upon clicking a new folder, it once again went back to the black background. I'm terribly confused, do you know if there's any way to keep that grey middle area while using the black theme?

dhjohns
November 2nd, 2016, 03:56 AM
So I just installed that theme, and it was a slightly too light of a grey, and the highlighted areas were a bright blue, which I found a little annoying. However, when I switched back to the black theme, the folder fixed itself! It was a uniform grey again, just like the second link I posted earlier. However, upon clicking a new folder, it once again went back to the black background. I'm terribly confused, do you know if there's any way to keep that grey middle area while using the black theme?You should be able to get rid of the blue color in settings > personalization > colors. Other than that I don't know. I would start a thread in Help and Support. http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1203-Help-and-Support

naur
November 2nd, 2016, 03:59 AM
You should be able to get rid of the blue color in settings > personalization > colors. Other than that I don't know. I would start a thread in Help and Support. http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1203-Help-and-Support
I did try that, and it changed the color of the title bar up at the top, but the highlights remained blue for some reason. Either way, I think I'll just stick with the black theme until the grey theme gets a few more color options, as it was an interesting skin. Thanks for the help!

dhjohns
November 2nd, 2016, 04:24 AM
I did try that, and it changed the color of the title bar up at the top, but the highlights remained blue for some reason. Either way, I think I'll just stick with the black theme until the grey theme gets a few more color options, as it was an interesting skin. Thanks for the help!Check this out. http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72599-Gray10-Colors-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update

naur
November 2nd, 2016, 06:18 AM
This is perfect. Thank you so much!

adhek90
November 2nd, 2016, 04:21 PM
i will try as soon as possible. thanks

dhjohns
November 4th, 2016, 04:37 AM
THIS NEW VERSION 1.3.1 MAY WORK AFTER UPGRADING TO A NEW INSIDER BUILD.

I HAVE NOT TESTED IT, BUT IT MIMICS WHAT I DID TO GET THE THEMES WORKING. BEFORE UPGRADING SWITCH TO THE DEFAULT WINDOWS THEME.

AFTER UPGRADING, AND OF COURSE DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS NEW VERSION SIMPLY INSTALL THE THEMES FOR RS2, AND RESTART.

HOPEFULLY IT WILL WORK.

Tarzangold
November 4th, 2016, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE = dhjohns; 316214] Just a heads - up, if someone has received the leaked 2016 LTSB, the toolkit will work perfectly to build it, too. However, a restriction to LTSB 2016 has no way to create a restore point, so function will fail. Do not worry about it. If it does not exist, it is not there. [/ QUOTE]

Look here,please.........

https://s22.postimg.org/s8hv5tkdt/ayaya.png (https://postimg.org/image/u0au0q3ql/)

please only use english, thanks

Ultras1919
November 7th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Can i prevent the installed from changing fonts on RS2 ?

dhjohns
November 7th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Can i prevent the installed from changing fonts on RS2 ?Nothing in the installer messes with the fonts.

Ultras1919
November 7th, 2016, 07:40 PM
Nothing in the installer messes with the fonts.

Maybe it's messing with DPI, cause fonts are little bit bigger in explorer.exe

Ultras1919
November 7th, 2016, 08:03 PM
I just installed version 1.3.1 and it's not working for build 14955 ? Any fix

dhjohns
November 7th, 2016, 08:09 PM
I just installed version 1.3.1 and it's not working for build 14955 ? Any fixIt works just fine. Did you run it by clicking on the desktop icon? You most also restart.

Ultras1919
November 7th, 2016, 08:10 PM
So it's simple as that ? i just uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and rebooted, themes still don't apply

dhjohns
November 7th, 2016, 08:12 PM
So it's simple as that ? i just uninstalled it and reinstalled it again and rebooted, themes still don't applyI really don't know what to tell you. What does it look like when you try to apply the themes.

Ultras1919
November 7th, 2016, 08:13 PM
I really don't know what to tell you. What does it look like when you try to apply the themes.

Windows 10 default theme, how can i completly uninstall it ?

dhjohns
November 7th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Windows 10 default theme, how can i completly uninstall it ?You have to select a different theme and apply it. You must actually change your theme.

Ultras1919
November 7th, 2016, 08:34 PM
You have to select a different theme and apply it. You must actually change your theme.

Take a look here, i've selected Light Alpha CC1 theme and nothing happened ! Maybe because i updated from 14951 to 14955 but i set it to default W10 theme before upgrading

https://i.gyazo.com/40581c71488be7fa88c5f352ca872a57.png

dhjohns
November 7th, 2016, 08:54 PM
OK, do this. Open the Black Theme Toolkit folder, then the files folder, and finally the Patch14931 folder. Now open a new Windows Explorer window, and go to the Windows\System32 folder. Delete the files in the System32 folder which match the ones in the Patch14931 folder, and the .bak files also. Now Copy and Paste the files from the Patch14931 folder into your system32 folder, and restart. Try the theme selection again.

Ultras1919
November 8th, 2016, 06:46 AM
OK, do this. Open the Black Theme Toolkit folder, then the files folder, and finally the Patch14931 folder. Now open a new Windows Explorer window, and go to the Windows\System32 folder. Delete the files in the System32 folder which match the ones in the Patch14931 folder, and the .bak files also. Now Copy and Paste the files from the Patch14931 folder into your system32 folder, and restart. Try the theme selection again.

Same thing themes won't apply !

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Same thing themes won't apply !What do you mean exactly when you say themes won't apply?

DigDogg
November 8th, 2016, 12:04 PM
So after reading many a forum post I think I'll go ahead and give DrJohns install a try. It sounded like a better idea being that I think I read it did have uninstall options, helping making it easier for any possible future issues when re applying a theme and patches.
No my question would be this... My plan is to use the installer to install all necessary patches and features... but being that it installs Mr. Grimm's themes will I have any trouble when I go to apply the Zero-G Blue theme? I understand that any theme can be applied to the themes resources folder but Zero-G has a few Reg Edits I must apply for that theme, will they bump heads with anything that maybe applied through the installer for Grimm's themes?

Thanks for your time and hard work everyone!

Ultras1919
November 8th, 2016, 12:40 PM
What do you mean exactly when you say themes won't apply?

As i showed you yesterday when i set a custom theme in personnalisation panel it just doesn't apply

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 12:51 PM
As i showed you yesterday when i set a custom theme in personnalisation panel it just doesn't applyDid you try any of GRiM's Black themes?

November 8th, 2016, 01:27 PM
So after reading many a forum post I think I'll go ahead and give DrJohns install a try. It sounded like a better idea being that I think I read it did have uninstall options, helping making it easier for any possible future issues when re applying a theme and patches.
No my question would be this... My plan is to use the installer to install all necessary patches and features... but being that it installs Mr. Grimm's themes will I have any trouble when I go to apply the Zero-G Blue theme? I understand that any theme can be applied to the themes resources folder but Zero-G has a few Reg Edits I must apply for that theme, will they bump heads with anything that maybe applied through the installer for Grimm's themes?

Thanks for your time and hard work everyone!

no you should't have any issues

DigDogg
November 8th, 2016, 02:49 PM
No problems at all! My Windows had one of the approved updates for the program with the 1607 14393 Build, Ran that.... Contemplated running the ULTRA BLACK... But that is one heck of a warning so I figured hold of for a little bit with that. Ran a couple of the Desktop Customizations... restarted the computer, installed Reg Edits for the theme I wanted. Threw Zero-G blue in the themes folder and just added it through windows personalization and was good. I didnt install the Personalization Menu... ...that and 6 Enable or Revert Alt-Tab View to Transparent... a few of the things I wasn't sure what they did. I did read through this forum but I'll have to take a look see if somebodys has any screenshots photos of what the Desktop Customizations do and look. I'm still curious about that Ultra Black if you get a change I'd like to know more of what that is DHJohns. Kickass!

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 02:54 PM
The ultra black just turns everything that can be black black. If you hover over the start button, it will be black. The start menu will be black as will the background colors for many of the tiles. The lock screen and shutdown screen will be black. The icons on the settings menu will be black and you won't see them, just the text. The only issue is that in settings some of the choices won't be apparent until you hover over them. You can try it. Explorer must be restarted, and all is easily reversed again after an explorer restart.

Ultras1919
November 8th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Did you try any of GRiM's Black themes?

Yes, same thing happened. Is there anything i can do to fix this issue ? I don't like that default W10 theme.

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Yes, same thing happened. Is there anything i can do to fix this issue ? I don't like that default W10 theme.Switch to a different theme. You guys are clicking on the desktop shortcut and running the actual installer aren't you? Just putting the files on the computer does not do crap, you must run the installer. You download the file. Double click, it extracts, and puts two shortcuts on the desktop. One is a read me. Double click on the other to run it.

Ultras1919
November 8th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Switch to a different theme. You guys are clicking on the desktop shortcut and running the actual installer aren't you? Just putting the files on the computer does not do crap, you must run the installer. You download the file. Double click, it extracts, and puts two shortcuts on the desktop. One is a read me. Double click on the other to run it.

This is not first time i'm using your installed so i know what i'm doing, and i always do it the same way extract it in C:/BlackThemeToolkit run the .exe in desktop as administrator select your preferred settings and always install with option number 3 (RS2 Builds), restart and select 3rd party theme and voila! But in this build thermes won't just apply nothing changes.

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 08:34 PM
This is not first time i'm using your installed so i know what i'm doing, and i always do it the same way extract it in C:/BlackThemeToolkit run the .exe in desktop as administrator select your preferred settings and always install with option number 3 (RS2 Builds), restart and select 3rd party theme and voila! But in this build themes won't just apply nothing changes.I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but you do not run the shortcut as administrator. It is self elevating. I don't know what you did. Perhaps a clean install? Do you have any other modifications? I really don't know. I have installed it countless times. What build are you on.

Ultras1919
November 8th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but you do not run the shortcut as administrator. It is self elevating. I don't know what you did. Perhaps a clean install? Do you have any other modifications? I really don't know. I have installed it countless times. What build are you on.

That's the problem i don't have any other modifications, and i know a clean install will fix this but i have so much games and programs that i don't want to re-download and i'm running build 14955.

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 08:45 PM
That's the problem i don't have any other modifications, and i know a clean install will fix this but i have so much games and programs that i don't want to re-download and i'm running build 14955.Check you Windows Themes folder to make sure all the theme files are there just for shits and giggles. Then follow the directions in post #216.

November 8th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Check you Windows Themes folder to make sure all the theme files are there just for shits and giggles. Then follow the directions in post #216.

dh (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) you should consider updating the first post with ALL the instructions for using this. it really is TOO general.

dhjohns
November 8th, 2016, 10:30 PM
dh (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/298513-dhjohns) you should consider updating the first post with ALL the instructions for using this. it really is TOO general.Sounds like a good idea. I will take care of it. Just probably not tonight.

Ultras1919
November 12th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Any news about 14965 ?

dhjohns
November 12th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Any news about 14965 ?I have issues with my video card when I upgrade. I had to do a clean install not related to the toolkit. So, I can not tell you what it does with an upgrade. I do know that with a clean install it works perfectly. I posted detailed instructions in OP.

THempleman
November 12th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Updated to 14965 and 1.3.1 worked GREAT!
As always, thanks for all your work.

dhjohns
November 12th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Updated to 14965 and 1.3.1 worked GREAT!
As always, thanks for all your work.Was this an update or a clean install?

THempleman
November 12th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Update. Reverted to Windows 10 theme, uninstalled AiO and disabled Comodo IS (free).

Ultras1919
November 13th, 2016, 12:38 PM
It's working great after updating from from 14955 to 14965.

dhjohns
November 13th, 2016, 12:48 PM
It's working great after updating from from 14955 to 14965.Great! What steps did you take in preparation for your upgrade?

Ultras1919
November 13th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Great! What steps did you take in preparation for your upgrade?

Uninstalled Black Theme Toolkit, set default Windows theme, upgrade and reinstall your Toolkit. That's it but i have one small problem take a look at picture 1 and 2, there is a difference in font type or dpi ?

http://i.imgur.com/0aiS0oq.png

http://i.imgur.com/iBIgpws.png

dhjohns
November 13th, 2016, 01:07 PM
They look the same to me.

Ultras1919
November 13th, 2016, 01:18 PM
They look the same to me.

Please take a look at this !

http://i.imgur.com/DMLFExW.png

dhjohns
November 13th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Please take a look at this !OK, slight difference, but I don't know what you expect me to do. I suppose you should try installing a different system metrics. These are often included in the extras folders when you download custom themes.

November 13th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Please take a look at this !

http://i.imgur.com/DMLFExW.png

Ultras1919 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/268592-Ultras1919) try this after the update run sfc, just because you uninstalled the AIO doesn't mean your fonts reset to default. then install the AIO and whatever else you want to.

Ultras1919
November 17th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Hello again, anyone tested build 14971 ?

dhjohns
November 17th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Hello again, anyone tested build 14971 ?Yup. It works.

dhjohns
November 18th, 2016, 03:20 AM
Here it is running in a stripped down pre-activated version of Enterprise 14971.

http://s18.postimg.org/j3p4zlcyh/screenshot_2.png

THempleman
November 20th, 2016, 04:26 AM
2 in a row. I feel empty not clean installing every week.
Happy Thanksgiving to all, even to the down-under. I'll bet nothing says late spring like a turkey dinner in front of a fire!
:tired:

TO05XY
November 20th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Thanks

BrX
December 2nd, 2016, 09:54 PM
Hello, I have a problem with the latest version of the installer on top of 14393.479. When I install the package on top of the system, leading color is set to blue. I can change it to red for example and it will affect all the elements, until I press ctr+alt+del or go to lockscreen, it will be imidiatelly set back to blue again. When I uninstall themes using this utility, everything works fine again on login and lockscreen leading color is the same as selected in themes window. I saw that this should be fixed as there is an entry in changelog, but somehow it got broken again - "Fixed issues with color themes not reproducing when restarting from Sleep, Hibernate, Lock, or Safe Mode." . I already tried uninstall/reinstall the package (this is clean install of Windows 10 Pro).

@dhjohns Any ideas?