PDA

View Full Version : Another HUD Color

Dark Knight
August 10th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Wondering if anyone can do a HUD Machine / White recolor like this ...........

base color is #738199 with a slight gradient

Shemhamforash
August 10th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Here's what it looks like with that color code (Check the left side):

Not what you want so I'm not sure how that recolor would work, probably you'd need the psd's because it's such a light color. At that point it's something much more difficult, and it would pretty much need to be Grim to do it.

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Ahhh, no worries, just thought it was a nice color and would be a nice addition to the HUD series. Thanks for trying tho!

Mr GRiM
August 11th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Something like this using the color you gave?

Or this that is sort of similar that can be done with a simple hue and desaturation change?

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 06:37 PM

Or this that is sort of similar that can be done with a simple hue and desaturation change?

Perfecto!

Either one really, I can't tell the difference in the screen shots.

It's sort of like a slate blue, beautiful.

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 06:45 PM
That would be a nice color highlight for a light style linux theme.

Mr GRiM
August 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Here's what it looks like with that color code (Check the left side):

Not what you want so I'm not sure how that recolor would work, probably you'd need the psd's because it's such a light color. At that point it's something much more difficult, and it would pretty much need to be Grim to do it.

If you want to do a recolor then use the red version with -150 Hue and -80 Saturation ;)

GreywolfsSpirit
August 11th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I like the look of the 2nd one, Mr. Grimm.. I wish I had the talent to create themes like you all do. I would like to see a HUD like that but with a blue marbleized look to it, like a blue granite, perhaps even with a little gradient shading to it.. Not sure how it would look, offhand, but just a thought. After seeing some of the ones I have downloaded by you and from Shemhamforhash, my wife was looking for one with a snow/winter feel, not so much christmas like, but like a snow scene kind of motiff. I know everyone has enough on their plates, but if anyone does come up with something like that, I would love to see them. Thanks again for all everyone does! Great work!

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 07:32 PM
If you want to do a recolor then use the red version with -150 Hue and -80 Saturation ;)

Thanks for info, I am able to reproduce the same type images as your screenshots.

Is there a way of doing HUD Maroon by manipulating each individual image like the values you gave me for this one? Reason I ask is because using the whole psd's for that theme seems almost impossible for me.

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight)
Here's how it would look most likely if I was the one doing the recolor. I haven't really started yet.

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Here's how it would look most likely if I was the one doing the recolor. I haven't really started yet.

Looks good to me ! :daman:

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Looks good to me ! :daman:

OK, if I do this recolor, I would want those icons too, because they look really good with it I think. I'd plan on making it first in 8.1 and then importing if I take it on.
What would you call that color for the HUD title?
The one thing about this is it's a lot of work for a theme I don't plan on posting personally, since Mr GRiM has never released his themes before.

mike 59
August 11th, 2016, 09:31 PM
good colur darknight:Peace:

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 11:12 PM
What would you call that color for the HUD title?

Slate Blue

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Slate Blue

Haha already had it named HUD Machine Slate! lol just need to add Blue.
Almost done the icons, next recolor of the theme, I am actually going to try to use Toady's full tut on recoloring multiple images.

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 11:23 PM
The one thing about this is it's a lot of work for a theme I don't plan on posting personally, since Mr GRiM has never released his themes before.

If you don't have the time I understand, it's not something I absolutely have to have, I just thought it was a nice color. I've never did a theme recolor before as far as what tools you use and how you go about it. Some of you guys do it so quickly I figured you had the tools to do it. If I knew how to and knew what tools were used to do it I would do it myself in my spare time.

Personally, I would give the finished product to Grim so he can add it to the series, should he ever decide to release it.

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 11:25 PM
If you don't have the time I understand, it's not something I absolutely have to have, I just thought it was a nice color. I've never did a theme recolor before as far as what tools you use and how you go about it. Some of you guys do it so quickly I figured you had the tools to do it. If I knew how to and knew what tools were used to do it I' would do it myself in my spare time.

Personally, I would give the finished product to Grim so he can add it to the series, should he ever decide to release it.

Right, I'm probably going to try making it but I'll have to just pm you the link because it's not like I can post it. I would like to the post the icons though, so I do intend sharing those when they're done.

Mr GRiM
August 12th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Right, I'm probably going to try making it but I'll have to just pm you the link because it's not like I can post it. I would like to the post the icons though, so I do intend sharing those when they're done.

I would not ask you to do it if I wasn't planning a big release very soon ;)

Mr GRiM
August 12th, 2016, 02:00 AM
You can post the theme here (http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1262-VC-VIP-Pre-Released-Themes) when your done mate :smile:

Shemhamforash
August 12th, 2016, 02:07 AM
You can post the theme here (http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1262-VC-VIP-Pre-Released-Themes) when your done mate :smile:

OK sounds good, I hadn't seen that new section yet so thanks for the link. I'll start soon, I will say that ToadyShadow's tutorial on Batch recoloring did come in handy so far with the icons.

Would you consider making some final touchups of the theme from the one I post? I'm going to do it first for 8.1 so should I just let you import from that so the modifications don't need to be repeated?

Mr GRiM
August 12th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Never tried to do a batch recolor but looks like it works well, must be pretty quick and easy to make those ipacks as well.

Yeah sounds good mate, do it on 8.1 first and I can do the final import for 10, thanks for taking the time to do these mate.

Nimbi
August 12th, 2016, 02:25 AM

:shocked: This is gorgeous! :shocked:

I would love to have this exact setup for Windows 10 RS1!! [Theme + iPack + AIMP4 skin + Potplayer + Rainmeter suite ( I know I' picky for wanting a Potplayer version as well, but It's my favorite video player, lol)] Please, someone make it!!

Shemhamforash
August 12th, 2016, 02:28 AM
Never tried to do a batch recolor but looks like it works well, must be pretty quick and easy to make those ipacks as well.

Yeah sounds good mate, do it on 8.1 first and I can do the final import for 10, thanks for taking the time to do these mate.

I actually only used the batch recolor on the smaller png images for the linux pack, but I plan on using it for the theme as well. I could've used it for the .ico's as well but first I would have had to of used the Axialis icon app to convert them to 256px pngs, than use the app again to convert those recolored pngs to layered icos.

Recolors are something I mostly enjoy, and you will be able to narrow down where changes need to be made etc - the changes I'm mainly talking about would be changes in color selections. Even a close look at the 8.1 theme and modifications to that one as well would be a welcome idea.

Mr GRiM
August 12th, 2016, 02:32 AM
No worries mate, the VIP Supporters/Beta Testers can give it a good test as well before it gets released to everyone else :smile:

Shemhamforash
August 12th, 2016, 02:41 AM
No worries mate, the VIP Supporters/Beta Testers can give it a good test as well before it gets released to everyone else :smile:

Cool, would you consider adding Annihilator to that section? After corresponding with gsw953 on the Mechanism theme, I think I know the main problem I had with the borders.

Mr GRiM
August 12th, 2016, 02:49 AM
Yeah if you think it will help.

Shemhamforash
August 12th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Yeah if you think it will help.

I was more just thinking it would be a cool theme for you to add to that section eventually.

Dark Knight
August 12th, 2016, 03:06 PM
A couple of re-colored / revamped walls to go with it .........

Here is an oldie but goodie from the Window 7 version of HUD

Shemhamforash
August 12th, 2016, 03:49 PM
A couple of re-colored / revamped walls to go with it .........

Here is an oldie but goodie from the Window 7 version of HUD

Thanks, they look great I'll add them to the theme with creds. Just about to get started :Peace:

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 12:47 AM
Theme's done, anyone see anything that's jumping out at you that needs a fix? This is an actual screenshot of the completed theme:

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 05:48 AM

I went ahead and posted it so you will have something to test, enjoy :smile:

Mr GRiM
August 13th, 2016, 12:38 PM
I went ahead and posted it so you will have something to test, enjoy :smile:

Just testing now, have found a few red images though as well as a few colors that need changing for the copy graph Windows 10 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Task Manager > Performance Charts > Copy

If you open the msstyles in Restorator and pull the image folder out to your desktop then open it and you can see all the unedited images, if you look at the number of the image you can then search in WSB for that image number and change it, at least that's the way I do it, nice work so far though mate, I will fix this one for Windows 10 if you want to do the 8 version.

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Just testing now, have found a few red images though as well as a few colors that need changing for the copy graph Windows 10 (For Testing Purposes Only) > Task Manager > Performance Charts > Copy

If you open the msstyles in Restorator and pull the image folder out to your desktop then open it and you can see all the unedited images, if you look at the number of the image you can then search in WSB for that image number and change it, at least that's the way I do it, nice work so far though mate, I will fix this one for Windows 10 if you want to do the 8 version.

Thanks, that sounds good. I'm trying to open the .msstyles using Restorator but it's coming up with Error: File type not supported.

Dark Knight
August 13th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Theme's done, anyone see anything that's jumping out at you that needs a fix? This is an actual screenshot of the completed theme:

Whoa! that DOES look sweet!

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 03:35 PM

I ended up looking over the .msstyles using WSB. There was a chunk of a section I missed, found a couple images in other locations, and changed the Performance Charts > Copy colors. Updated the theme thread. For some reason I can't seem to open the .msstyles using restorator, please let me know if there are anymore colors or images I missed. :tu:

Mr GRiM
August 13th, 2016, 03:39 PM
I ended up looking over the .msstyles using WSB. There was a chunk of a section I missed, found a couple images in other locations, and changed the Performance Charts > Copy colors. Updated the theme thread. For some reason I can't seem to open the .msstyles using restorator, please let me know if there are anymore colors or images I missed. :tu:

To open with Restorator just drag the msstyles to the left column in Restorator.

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 03:45 PM
To open with Restorator just drag the msstyles to the left column in Restorator.

Ah ok that is working thanks, still got a few images to search for

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Just finished using Restorator to find all the red images and replacing them in WSB. Thanks for all your help on this one mate. Got to learn a few things along the way and now have a great recolor to enjoy.

Mr GRiM
August 13th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Just finished using Restorator to find all the red images and replacing them in WSB. Thanks for all your help on this one mate. Got to learn a few things along the way and now have a great recolor to enjoy.

No worries mate, Windows 10 RS1 version done http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72741-HUD-Machine-Slate-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-Redstone-1 don't think there is much demand for older Windows 10 builds so will just release for the latest I think.

Shemhamforash
August 13th, 2016, 04:35 PM
No worries mate, Windows 10 RS1 version done http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72741-HUD-Machine-Slate-for-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update-Redstone-1 don't think there is much demand for older Windows 10 builds so will just release for the latest I think.

It's pretty sweet. Just updated my thread for a name change, fix wallpapers, add logo image. :smile:

Shemhamforash
August 15th, 2016, 06:21 AM
I finished the black HUD theme, here's a screenshot of 8.1:

Nimbi
August 15th, 2016, 07:05 AM

:crying: I want this soooo bad but I can't get it since it's in a VIP section. :crying:

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I finished the black HUD theme, here's a screenshot of 8.1:

Looks great, you can go ahead and post it in the VIP section :smile:

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 08:05 AM
:crying: I want this soooo bad but I can't get it since it's in a VIP section. :crying:
The VIP section is just 30 days early access to say thanks, after that they will be moved to the normal sections.

Nimbi
August 15th, 2016, 01:49 PM
The VIP section is just 30 days early access to say thanks, after that they will be moved to the normal sections.

Sweet! I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks. :happy:

Shemhamforash
August 15th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Looks great, you can go ahead and post it in the VIP section :smile:

Awesome, thanks for your approval. I will post the theme shortly.

Edit: again, please let me know if you find anything from testing and I can fix it, this time I was using Restorator. Turns out the batch recolor will ask you what file extension to save as if you change the hue/saturation not from the menus, and if you choose it from the menus, it skips this and makes the batch recolor about 2 minutes length total.

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 05:34 PM
no big deal if i didn't know what was going on i might be asking about it. i think LOTS of peeps are going to be DROOLING over this one for 10.

I was just think about it before, the color combo's for both the black and white sets are pretty extensive, for example I was thinking earlier about a HUD Machine Cream for the black set, I could probably mix up a nice cream color.

I know GRiM is probably going to put these sets up in the store and if sold as one complete set it would be nice if we can pack it with a large color selection.

Think about it, it would definitely be a one of a kind set that I really do not think anyone else could compare with because honestly, the HUD series is timeless, most sought after and has stood up better across Windows operating systems more than any other theme on VC.

I can come up with color combos and keep Shem working for quite some time :cheeky:

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I was just think about it before, the color combo's for both the black and white sets are pretty extensive, for example I was thinking earlier about a HUD Machine Cream for the black set, I could probably mix up a nice cream color.

I know GRiM is probably going to put these sets up in the store and if sold as one complete set it would be nice if we can pack it with a large color selection.

Think about it, it would definitely be a one of a kind set that I really do not think anyone else could compare with because honestly, the HUD series is timeless, most sought after and has stood up better across Windows operating systems more than any other theme on VC.

I can come up with color combos and keep Shem working for quite some time :cheeky:

Store is dead, I will be closing it very soon, the machine series is all that's left in there now anyway, I already made all the other premium themes free a while ago, as for more colors, yeah if there is a color that really stands out, I did see one guy mention purple was not very well represented on VC, maybe if look at some shades of purple, I think maybe a slate sort of purple might look nice, not keen on the cream though mate, looks kind of yuck.

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Store is dead, I will be closing it very soon, the machine series is all that's left in there now anyway, I already made all the other premium themes free a while ago, as for more colors, yeah if there is a color that really stands out, I did see one guy mention purple was not very well represented on VC, maybe if look at some shades of purple, I think maybe a slate sort of purple might look nice, not keen on the cream though mate, looks kind of yuck.

1. 74972

2. 74977

3. 74974

4. 74978

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 06:16 PM
OK here is a purple version of HUD using red as the base Hue -110 Saturation -65

MatG-DK
August 15th, 2016, 06:24 PM
OK here is a purple version of HUD using red as the base Hue -110 Saturation -65
Awesome looking :Peace::Smile:

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 06:35 PM

Awesome!

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Maybe some Burnt Orange?

Gradient

#a93420 (light)

#792516 (dark)

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Maybe some Burnt Orange?

Gradient

#a93420 (light)

#792516 (dark)
Something like this? Hue +10 Saturation -15

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Something like this? Hue +10 Saturation -15

That would be it :happy:

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 06:53 PM
HUD Gold?

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Teal Slate .....

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Purple Slate .......

August 15th, 2016, 07:11 PM
1. 74972

2. 74977

3. 74974

4. 74978

i'm no fan of purple but i do like the second one

August 15th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Maybe some Burnt Orange?

Gradient

#a93420 (light)

#792516 (dark)

this really works

Shemhamforash
August 15th, 2016, 08:06 PM
So far I like the burnt orange and purple :tu: Any of the ones Mr GRiM likes I am up for trying. I may only have a few more days time before I will be away from my main PC for a while though. Going to be moving etc.

Mr GRiM
August 15th, 2016, 08:25 PM
So far I like the burnt orange and purple :tu: Any of the ones Mr GRiM likes I am up for trying. I may only have a few more days time before I will be away from my main PC for a while though. Going to be moving etc.

If you want to do those two or just one of them it would be great, I am leaning more towards the purple as I do feel VC is lacking with that color, but the orange is nice as well.

Shemhamforash
August 15th, 2016, 08:35 PM
If you want to do those two or just one of them it would be great, I am leaning more towards the purple as I do feel VC is lacking with that color, but the orange is nice as well.

I'd be happy to do them, it just may take me some time. What would the base for both of the two theme's colors be (what should the two color values be changed to from 255,0,0 and 128,0,0 in WSB)?

Dark Knight
August 15th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I'd be happy to do them, it just may take me some time. What would the base for both of the two theme's colors be (what should the two color values be changed to from 255,0,0 and 128,0,0 in WSB)?

Here is the base gradient for Burnt Orange :

Burnt Orange
#a93420 (light)
#792516 (dark)

Don't know which purple GRiM chose out of the ones I posted otherwise I'd give you that one too.

Shemhamforash
August 15th, 2016, 10:16 PM
The more I look at the blood orange one, the more I think it looks quite similar to the red theme. Last time I made HUD Maroon everyone said it just looks red and no different so I'm not too sure about doing it. I mean I see a slight difference but most likely a lot of people wouldn't really see much

Edit: what's everyone else think? I tried changing a screen and it looked like a light orange-red but still pretty close to red

Shemhamforash
August 15th, 2016, 11:10 PM

I'm going to do the purple HUD themes, I should be able to complete at least one for now.
What would you like the base colors (255,0,0 and 128,0,0) to be for the themes?

Edit: looks like I'll be doing a new iPack as well :whistle:

Lamia
August 16th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Mr GRiM (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/1-Mr-GRiM) you should put screenshot of that edition without color edges (Turn Off edition), that we were planning to work on long time ago, let's see if people dig it! :Smile:

Shemhamforash
August 16th, 2016, 03:05 PM
I'm not going to have time to compile any more themes for a span of a week or two. I will try to create the red-orange icons though, that color has been growing on me.

Mr GRiM
August 16th, 2016, 06:00 PM
I'm not going to have time to compile any more themes for a span of a week or two. I will try to create the red-orange icons though, that color has been growing on me.

All good mate, you deserve a break, I just posted the dark slate version for Windows 10, also did the light mix that I have for all the machine themes as well as topshell variants.

Shemhamforash
August 25th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Still working on purple, out of curiosity anyone like either of these, and if so which one?

freak69ize
August 25th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Still working on purple, out of curiosity anyone like either of these, and if so which one?

Yeah.. i like the top one the best

Dark Knight
August 25th, 2016, 05:35 PM

I don't know ...... Kind of like the bottom one more.

Shemhamforash
August 25th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the input. The top one is the same as my jet black icons recolor, second one is same as my grey icons recolor. Now to see what Mr GRiM thinks, and whether he would change the values for the black/white color levels.

Here's those two themes again only white HUD:

Let me know about these ones as well. For the Black HUD theme I like both, maybe a bit more the first one the white HUD I think I like the second one more.

Dark Knight
August 25th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the input. The top one is the same as my jet black icons recolor, second one is same as my grey icons recolor. Now to see what Mr GRiM thinks, and whether he would change the values for the black/white color levels.

Let me know about these ones as well. For the Black HUD theme I like both, maybe a bit more the first one the white HUD I think I like the second one more.

Again, I would say the bottom one.

Shemhamforash
August 25th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Just to be clear the more black (top) one is using a filter in GIMP that I haven't done yet in PS but I'm sure it could be achieved having the same result in PS, other one is done using PS Black and White > Lighter both using red base theme.

freak69ize
August 25th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Yeah.. im with ya on that bro. 1st one on black and 2nd on the white one. I seen the black one earlier and i laid down to take a nap and kept thinking.. damn i want that! lol.. now i want both lol

August 25th, 2016, 06:27 PM

Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) i'm afraid i don't like either one, i fucken LOVE both of them. :cheeky:

August 25th, 2016, 06:30 PM
im with Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) on this the bottom one in both sets. def prefer the text in it.

Mr GRiM
August 25th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Oh god, no more colors lol

freak69ize
August 25th, 2016, 08:00 PM

awwww but its not really even a color. lol

August 25th, 2016, 08:41 PM

why, he hasn't used baby shit brown yet or pea soup green yet. lol

Nimbi
August 29th, 2016, 02:22 PM

Hard to say. They're both outright amazing. But if I reeeeaaaallllyyy had to choose, I'd probably say the first one. :Peace:

Nimbi
August 29th, 2016, 02:26 PM

hmmmmmm... I gotta say the first one again, lol :Peace:

Shemhamforash
August 29th, 2016, 03:40 PM
hmmmmmm... I gotta say the first one again, lol :Peace:

Good to know, what I would probably do is make the colors and everything like the first one, then only replace the images for the blacker one, since the text is too hard to read on the blacker one. But I like to ask Mr GRiM specifics about the HUD themes when I make them, and it seems like he may not be down with another recolor.

I can also think of a few other HUD Machine projects though lol. Moonique had requested the black slate theme be on Windows 7, so I could do that and same thing probably for the purple. I am not sure how much demand there is for Windows 7 themes though, I don't think a lot of people would care much to be honest. The new HUD Machine themes for 10 also have modified borders so they are smaller. I may want to take another crack at the whole series being ported to Linux, with true transparency this time, and to be honest I don't care if there is not much demand for those because I will continue using Linux and Emerald themes on my own computer lol.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I've been working on the first grey theme, I got thinking though about the "blacker" version of this theme. Maybe I'd make it a bit more charcoal looking and less black? I think it pops a little better in this shade (try and ignore the text in the new images)

old:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75092&d=1472142943

new:

old:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75094&d=1472147252

new:

settings: Black and White > Reds 30

When it's darker like in the old preview images, you slightly lose some of the image quality, imo. I think in the newer ones it's a compromise, and still looks quite different than the "Grey" themes. Let me know what you think

September 8th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) that works very nicely.

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I've been working on the first grey theme, I got thinking though about the "blacker" version of this theme. Maybe I'd make it a bit more charcoal looking and less black? I think it pops a little better in this shade (try and ignore the text in the new images)

old:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75092&d=1472142943

new:

old:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75094&d=1472147252

new:

settings: Black and White > Reds 30

When it's darker like in the old preview images, you slightly lose some of the image quality, imo. I think in the newer ones it's a compromise, and still looks quite different than the "Grey" themes. Let me know what you think

How many different shades of grey are there? LOL , to be honest with you dude, I like the bottom ones more on the older screen caps, the font color gave it a little more pop and was easier to see.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 02:05 PM
How many different shades of grey are there? LOL , to be honest with you dude, I like the bottom ones more on the older screen caps, the font color gave it a little more pop and was easier to see.

I think you're confusing the versions. I'm already doing the grey themes which have the lighter text. Afterwards I was going to do the blacker themes, and that is what the change is about. I know the text is hard to read on the black themes, that is why I was thinking of doing the grey recolor, leaving the text the same and just replacing the images to the more black ones.

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I think you're confusing the versions. I'm already doing the grey themes which have the lighter text. Afterwards I was going to do the blacker themes, and that is what the change is about. I know the text is hard to read on the black themes, that is why I was thinking of doing the grey recolor, leaving the text the same and just replacing the images to the more black ones.

Ohhh, Well as long as you don't make the text darker, because then you'll run into problems where it will be unreadable in certain cases.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Ohhh, Well as long as you don't make the text darker, because then you'll run into problems where it will be unreadable in certain cases.

Yes, I have learned from the dark text once with the dark purple style, and I don't intend on making that mistake again :smile:

Here are the two themes as they currently look (the second could have same text colors as the first, I'll try and figure something out)

Grey (already being worked on):
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75093&d=1472142952

Charcoal:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75262&d=1473312782

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Yes, I have learned from the dark text once with the dark purple style, and I don't intend on making that mistake again :smile:

Here are the two themes as they currently look (the second could have same text colors as the first, I'll try and figure something out)

Grey (already being worked on):
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75093&d=1472142952

Charcoal:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75262&d=1473312782

I know the top one is what you are working on but I still like it better than the bottom. There is nothing on the bottom that "pops" and grabs the eye, not yet at least.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I know the top one is what you are working on but I still like it better than the bottom. There is nothing on the bottom that "pops" and grabs the eye, not yet at least.

I see. Other people seemed to like the dark grey. I guess I will sit on it for a while. I personally like the way the images look in the bottom one. At this point the top one seems like the more complete theme though, since the text can be completely changed to the color you'd expect without everything becoming too dark to read.

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I see. Other people seemed to like the dark grey. I guess I will sit on it for a while. I personally like the way the images look in the bottom one. At this point the top one seems like the more complete theme though, since the text can be completely changed to the color you'd expect without everything becoming too dark to read.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like it, I do, there is just something not grabbing me about it though like the others, maybe fix the font color and see how that works?

freak69ize
September 8th, 2016, 04:17 PM

I like both but i dont see how it matters since Grim said no more colors. You would be the only one that had it. lol

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I like both but i dont see how it matters since Grim said no more colors. You would be the only one that had it. lol

Got permission now mate, that's why Dark Knight is on board :Smile:

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't like it, I do, there is just something not grabbing me about it though like the others, maybe fix the font color and see how that works?

Yes, I will. I will try to see how it looks when the grey one is done, just replacing the images to those darker ones, and will share in this thread. Now here are a few more ideas that may need some more refining

Gold: +30 Hue -10 Saturation

Seagreen: +145 Hue -40 Saturation

freak69ize
September 8th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Got permission now mate, that's why Dark Knight is on board :Smile:

Awesome then. Well for me then i like the charcoal one.. maybe if the text was a lil lighter. I know the idea here is to take all color out but maybe try a lil color in the navigation pane.. a pale color so it doesnt jump out and grab your attention like a bright bold color would

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Yes, I will. I will try to see how it looks when the grey one is done, just replacing the images to those darker ones, and will share in this thread. Now here are a few more ideas that may need some more refining

Gold: +30 Hue -10 Saturation

Seagreen: +145 Hue -40 Saturation

Green looks ok even though green is not my color. IMO, the gold looks too much like HUD Launch.
I think if your gonna do color combos besides the blackout themes we should try to do colors not already in the HUD Machine spectrum.

I have to disappear for a couple of hours but I shall return!

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Green looks ok even though green is not my color. IMO, the gold looks too much like HUD Launch.
I think if your gonna do color combos besides the blackout themes we should try to do colors not already in the HUD Machine spectrum.

I have to disappear for a couple of hours but I shall return!

Sounds good, I'm not too partial to either one myself. The gold was brought up by you originally, and I always thought it would look a lot like HUD launch. To be honest outside of the grey/black themes I can't think of anything else that's not fairly close to another theme in the series already out.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Awesome then. Well for me then i like the charcoal one.. maybe if the text was a lil lighter. I know the idea here is to take all color out but maybe try a lil color in the navigation pane.. a pale color so it doesnt jump out and grab your attention like a bright bold color would

The idea right now is that I'd try swapping out just the images from the lighter grey theme over to the charcoal darker images. I'm aware the text is too dark in the charcoal previews, do you think it would look okay with the same color text as the grey theme?

September 8th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) that green is actually looking pretty good.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 06:02 PM
I still like the idea of maroon, if I could only manage to change one image to this color correctly lol still have problems with creating this recolor. Do you guys see a discernable difference between the two?

Maroon (Mr GRiM screenshot)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73588&d=1462342205

Red (original)

September 8th, 2016, 06:17 PM
grims image seems to be broken. all that's there is the icon like you see instead of gsw953's sig. when i chick on the icon it just sits there saying loading.

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 06:26 PM
The gold was brought up by you originally.

You're right, but after looking at it in your screen it does look a lot like HUD Launch ..... My bad :whistle:

Besides the blackout themes I don't really know if there are too many if any colors left to do that would actually look good on both the black and white themes.

Besides, I don't know if we want to go all that crazy with the colors because on the next Windows major update it is going to be a lot of themes to update.

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 06:30 PM
grims image seems to be broken. all that's there is the icon like you see instead of gsw953's sig. when i chick on the icon it just sits there saying loading.

Me too, I can't see GRiM's image either, can't compare the two.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 06:31 PM

Not sure why anyways here it is reuploaded:

It could be a bit like HUD Corps, quite close to the green but just a bit modified

Original:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75269&d=1473357564

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I still like the idea of maroon, if I could only manage to change one image to this color correctly lol still have problems with creating this recolor. Do you guys see a discernable difference between the two?

Maroon (Mr GRiM screenshot)
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=73588&d=1462342205

Red (original)

Just looking at your screen (I can't see GRiM's) it looks too red, maybe if you flatten out the color a bit? or something like this .......

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Just looking at your screen (I can't see GRiM's) it looks too red, maybe if you flatten out the color a bit? or something like this .......

Grim's screen is the top one.
Edit: Check my last post, the bottom image is HUD Machine Red unmodified

September 8th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) bottom one is britter, but yes both are basically the same shade. Dark Knight (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/199178-Dark-Knight) has it there. lean more towards the red/purple.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 06:51 PM
The idea with the maroon theme was to have a "red" theme that is less strenuous to stare at over long periods of time. So red itself is fine on the more maroon side, but there would be no point in making it if most people don't see much of a difference. I'll try to see if there is a shade I can come up with, this one is hard though.

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I agree with 2635599 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/177825-2635599) there is a difference between the two, GRiM's version looks "flatter" if you know what I mean.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I don't know if we want to go all that crazy with the colors because on the next Windows major update it is going to be a lot of themes to update.

I'm not too worried about that, I have close to a hundred themes in my section that would need to be updated besides just the machine themes. I don't know how to make all those variations Grim has light, topshell, etc so it's not so bad. The main thing is I want to only use a color that most people will enjoy and think it's unique enough to be a HUD machine theme.

I agree with 2635599 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/177825-2635599) there is a difference between the two, GRiM's version looks "flatter" if you know what I mean.

So if I were able to replicate GRiM's settings for his wireframe image, you would like that theme and think it looks different enough?

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 07:20 PM
So if I were able to replicate GRiM's settings for his wireframe image, you would like that theme and think it looks different enough?

Yup most certainly. The one that you did for the fall update came close but the color was still too bright in certain spots.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Yup most certainly. The one that you did for the fall update came close but the color was still too bright in certain spots.

Yes, that one had more of an orange hue of it, I got a bit tired of it. The reason the maroon one is challenging is because it's not only hue and saturation change but also brightness and contrast. I'll keep you updated on if I manage to change to the right color, I have tried though in the past and been unsuccesful because of the brightness and contrast modification. Let me know if you can think of any other good colors for both the themes, I think I am out of recolor ideas for the machine themes though. :tu:

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Yes, that one had more of an orange hue of it, I got a bit tired of it. The reason the maroon one is challenging is because it's not only hue and saturation change but also brightness and contrast. I'll keep you updated on if I manage to change to the right color, I have tried though in the past and been unsuccesful because of the brightness and contrast modification.

The color code on GRiM's wire frame is #8f000a

The color code on your Maroon theme is: #f00000

So yeah there is a definitive difference, try recoloring to GRiM's code.

Let me know if you can think of any other good colors for both the themes, I think I am out of recolor ideas for the machine themes though. :tu:

Can't think of any off hand, I think we should just finish these last ones up and leave well enough alone because if we start going into different shades of blue, red purple, green and what have you it's going to get out of hand and eventually there will be colors that honestly will look like crappola and that was not my intent, I just wanted to do the theme justice and add more of a color spectrum to the pack.

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 08:05 PM

Can't think of any off hand, I think we should just finish these last ones up and leave well enough alone because if we start going into different shades of blue, red purple, green and what have you it's going to get out of hand and eventually there will be colors that honestly will look like crappola and that was not my intent, I just wanted to do the theme justice and add more of a color spectrum to the pack.

I believe the maroon theme cannot be recolored with only a color code, the brightness and contrast must be changed as well as the hue and saturation. In PS I haven't been using color codes to recolor, only modifying the aforementioned parameters to achieve the desired color. Grim said the color he was using is close to #800000.

I agree about the unnecessary recolors, I'm happy to make a couple grey themes and try again at the maroon theme and call it quits. It is also quite time consuming so there's that as well

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 08:58 PM

I think I may have it now, I believe I am using the same settings GRiM said to use in the old thread, the white theme is not looking right though

Settings: As a layer saturation +10 lightness -41
As a layer brightness +41 contrast -10

Grim's:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75270&d=1473359433

Dark Knight
September 8th, 2016, 09:22 PM
I think I may have it now, I believe I am using the same settings GRiM said to use in the old thread, the white theme is not looking right though

Settings: As a layer saturation +10 lightness -41
As a layer brightness +41 contrast -10

Grim's:
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75270&d=1473359433

You're close but using the screen you provided, set your saturation to +34 in photoshop and that will probably be the closest your going to get.

After doing that myself with a side by side comparison I get the color codes as follows at the brightest points:

Grims: 8e00a

Yours: 8e000

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 10:01 PM
You're close but using the screen you provided, set your saturation to +34 in photoshop and that will probably be the closest your going to get.

After doing that myself with a side by side comparison I get the color codes as follows at the brightest points:

Grims: 8e00a

Yours: 8e000

Hmm, those codes only have five numbers. How's this, I changed the order the layers were in, but didn't change the values. It darkened slightly. Were you wanting it to be a bit darker?

Switched order of layers

Old
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75272&d=1473368171

Edit: Saturation to +34

I think the Old one is closest

Dark Knight
September 9th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Hmm, those codes only have five numbers. How's this, I changed the order the layers were in, but didn't change the values. It darkened slightly. Were you wanting it to be a bit darker?

Switched order of layers

Old
http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=75272&d=1473368171

Edit: Saturation to +34

I think the Old one is closest

I don't know, they all look red to me now, could be because I have just woken up too, I'll take another look at it later when I get home from work.

September 9th, 2016, 12:15 PM
o.k. 2 and 3 are brighter that 1, and i see no difference between 2 and 3.

Dark Knight
September 10th, 2016, 12:26 PM
o.k. 2 and 3 are brighter that 1, and i see no difference between 2 and 3.

Yes I agree.

I think all you need to do is to play with the saturation a little on the first one.

Shemhamforash
September 11th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Yes I agree.

I think all you need to do is to play with the saturation a little on the first one.

For some reason I can't access the site at home, so I'm currently using tor browser.

I spent a bit more time trying to match up hues to Mr GRiM's wireframe maroon recolor. The more time I spend with it, the less I like the method in which it's being recolored (using brightness and contrast as well). It effects other parts of the theme, for example the top frame becomes duller and in my opinion slightly degraded because of this. Here's a screenshot where you can see Mr GRiM's wireframe is on the left and the original HUD Machine Red on the right

I have done a bit more testing, this method of recoloring to a darker shade of red appears to be the only option for darkening the hue, the rest of the graphics will darken as well

So I've kind of decided against doing the 2nd set of darker grey themes, mostly because they would be too difficult to match up with a correct color text that's not too dark to read. For certain things like explorer, this might not be so bad, but for other parts of the theme such as the start menu, it would just look wrong.
The maroon theme is also being scrapped by me

The light grey themes on the other hand are both finished, just need to make the cursors

Shemhamforash
September 26th, 2016, 05:19 AM
After porting OMA's pink and blue Zero-G themes, I started thinking that maybe more colors would look good. I'm using the Zero-G Blue theme since it already has color in it. Let me know what you think of these and which ones you like most. I like the way all of these look, the order they're in from the top are the ones I like best

Purple settings: Hue +50, Saturation -65

HUD Machine Corps style green settings: Hue -105, Saturation -77

Gold settings: Hue -160, Saturation -30

Red settings: Hue +150, Saturation -40

freak69ize
September 26th, 2016, 10:02 AM
After porting OMA's pink and blue Zero-G themes, I started thinking that maybe more colors would look good. I'm using the Zero-G Blue theme since it already has color in it. Let me know what you think of these and which ones you like most. I like the way all of these look, the order they're in from the top are the ones I like best

Purple settings: Hue +50, Saturation -65

HUD Machine Corps style green settings: Hue -105, Saturation -77

Gold settings: Hue -160, Saturation -30

Red settings: Hue +150, Saturation -40

They all look good bud but i think gold pops out at me best.. then the red one

Shemhamforash
April 8th, 2017, 03:13 AM
What do you think of this black and white?

mike 59
April 8th, 2017, 10:22 AM

77040reallly cool nice:Smile: fanstastic

April 8th, 2017, 12:29 PM
really cool nice :Smile: fantastic
sorry mike 59 (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/259593-mike-59) i plagiarized you're post, please don't sue lol

Dark Knight
April 8th, 2017, 02:32 PM

I could go for that, you really cannot have too many color variations of HUD :Smile:

Although I seem to remember some years back seeing a HUD knock off in black and white on YouTube, can't remember who did it but they tried redistributing it in an exe file ....... my momma didn't raise no fool :cheeky:

Shemhamforash
April 8th, 2017, 07:30 PM
I could go for that, you really cannot have too many color variations of HUD :Smile:

Although I seem to remember some years back seeing a HUD knock off in black and white on YouTube, can't remember who did it but they tried redistributing it in an exe file ....... my momma didn't raise no fool :cheeky:

Thanks guys. I had the idea for that black and white, so I made a linux icon pack. The Dark Blue and Yellow screens are the same filter I used with my new icon sets. HUD Machine Salmon I just thought of today.

HUD Machine Dark Blue

HUD Machine Yellow

HUD Machine Salmon (new one, could still be improved)

mike 59
April 8th, 2017, 11:13 PM
cool themes shemhamforash likeing you docks can you share them please :Smile::peace:

mike 59
April 8th, 2017, 11:23 PM
can you if possibla share these themes and docks please thanks for your time and work very much appreciation :peace:

Shemhamforash
April 9th, 2017, 12:13 AM
can you if possibla share these themes and docks please thanks for your time and work very much appreciation :peace:

None of the docks or themes are made yet. I just recolored the screenshot.

The dock is by lahercoll

ROCKETDOCK SKIN SIR : http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/36882-SIR
ROCKETDOC SKIN SIR V2 : http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/36883-SIR-V2

April 9th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Shem (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) i really like the 3rd screenshot out of the 3 in you post.

mike 59
April 10th, 2017, 11:14 PM
thnks bud could you please do the samond colourfor hud theme thanks again for your time and work mike 59:peace::Smile:

Shemhamforash
February 2nd, 2018, 06:42 PM

Hud Machine Rose Gold:

Poison Black and Rose Gold:

deviantdon
February 2nd, 2018, 06:51 PM
Hud Machine Rose Gold:

hmmm.. :) theses are nice :)

ミறѳѳղղįզվદ彡
February 11th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Hud Machine Rose Gold:

looks really amazing:happy::greedy: