PDA

View Full Version : Extra Large Context Menu (Taskbar)

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, with StartisBack enabled for current user, huge taskbar right click:

Disable StartisBack normal, smaller right click:

I doubt this is an intended feature of StartisBack and was wondering why it happens or if anyone else has it.

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 03:11 PM
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, with StartisBack enabled for current user, huge taskbar right click:

Disable StartisBack normal, smaller right click:

I doubt this is an intended feature of StartisBack and was wondering why it happens or if anyone else has it.

Now that you mention it ........yes

Agelyk
August 11th, 2016, 03:13 PM
I happen to me the same, but do not think the problem is "StartisBack" if not the latest build of Windows 10.

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 03:17 PM
I happen to me the same, but do not think the problem is "StartisBack" if not the latest build of Windows 10.

I can test later on if the same problem happened in TH2 but I think it is RS1 only. In my screenshots the one is with StartisBack and the other is with StartisBack disabled, both are taken in RS1.

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 03:18 PM
As long as it looks normal and skins properly, doesn't REALLY bother me.

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 03:22 PM
As long as it looks normal and skins properly, doesn't REALLY bother me.

Same here. It's the reason I changed the style of almost all my import's immersive context menus, because the size of it throws some designs way off. Probably it's something Tihiy would need to fix in the program to have changed. But as you say, it's not too bothersome. I've been taking a break from SiB for a while anyways. I'd say less than half of people using custom themes on 10 are actually using SiB, judging by a survey neiio took on DA that said only about 30% were using it (I assume more would use it on here, but still).

Mr GRiM
August 11th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I have never noticed as I have always used SiB but either way MS did a terrible job with that context menu, even without SiB it's still oversized with a load of unnecessary padding, I get that it's made like this for tablet users but surely that could have been set when in tablet mode only.

Also as it's clearly a bug with SiB this should be raised on MSFN where Tihiy can see it and I am sure he will make a fix for it.

Dark Knight
August 11th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Same here. It's the reason I changed the style of almost all my import's immersive context menus, because the size of it throws some designs way off. Probably it's something Tihiy would need to fix in the program to have changed. But as you say, it's not too bothersome. I've been taking a break from SiB for a while anyways. I'd say less than half of people using custom themes on 10 are actually using SiB, judging by a survey neiio took on DA that said only about 30% were using it (I assume more would use it on here, but still).

Just speculating but I don't think SIB is as widely popular and advertised as much as something like Classic Shell, you don't hear much about SIB on DA which is most likely why neiio got the response he did, also I do not think Classic Shell is skinnable either, we use Windows 8.1 at work and they make us use classic shell, I hate it, it is just a basic Windows 7 style start menu and has no where near the functions as SIB. I think if SIB was advertised more Tihly would get a better response to it, I just hate that Stardock is taking 90% of the credit of being able to skin the start menu and taskbar while SIB which is better than start 10 hands down and costs less but sits in the shadows.

Shemhamforash
August 11th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Also as it's clearly a bug with SiB this should be raised on MSFN where Tihiy can see it and I am sure he will make a fix for it.

OK Mr GRiM, following your advice I have added it to his thread on MSFN so he will see http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174021-startisback-13/?page=19#comment-1127879

Edit: I also commented on the idea of CiB and suggested an implementation of something similar to Aero Glass.