PDA

View Full Version : 10 XI ... a Windows 10 VS for Anniversary Update aka RS1

devillnside
August 30th, 2016, 02:37 AM
This is for RS1 1607 Builds Builds: 14393.51 & 14393.82 only.

BEFORE YOU START CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT

You need:
UX Style Patch 0.2.4.2 (Included In The Zip)
Theme Signature Bypass (Included In The Zip)

a.Extract the contents of the theme folder & copy them to:
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

b.From Personalization select the theme.

You'll also need 'Start Is Back' to apply the start menu style & 'Old New Explorer' for windows explorer to look exactly like it is in the screenshot.
Download:

Start Is Back:
http://startisback.com/

Old New Explorer:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

Agelyk
August 30th, 2016, 03:40 AM
looks great :Peace:

devillnside
August 30th, 2016, 03:42 AM
thanks a lot!!!!!:Smile:

August 30th, 2016, 11:46 AM
actually this should work on ANY anniversary release build.

devillnside
August 30th, 2016, 04:03 PM
so since rs1 there's no new surprises & changes from each build to the next one?? WAT UP WITH THAT??:worried: SERIOUSLY THOUGH.. THATS A RELIEF!!

Nimbi
August 30th, 2016, 09:04 PM
so since rs1 there's no new surprises & changes from each build to the next one?? WAT UP WITH THAT??:worried: SERIOUSLY THOUGH.. THATS A RELIEF!!

Well, to be honest, the builds are the MAJOR updates such as the upgrades. the smaller ones in between are basically just cumulative updates. And as for whether they might break anything, that has yet to be seen. For now though all themes made for the ANNIVERSARY UPDATE should work on all currently available versions of RS1. Hopefully Microsoft won't shove their head back up their ass by re-enstating TH2's theming style (DOWN WITH TH2) or breaking theming in future cumulative updates (GOD NO!! DON'T BREAK IT MICKYSAUR!!:worried:)
:Peace:

devillnside
September 1st, 2016, 01:23 AM
Well, to be honest, the builds are the MAJOR updates such as the upgrades. the smaller ones in between are basically just cumulative updates. And as for whether they might break anything, that has yet to be seen. For now though all themes made for the ANNIVERSARY UPDATE should work on all currently available versions of RS1. Hopefully Microsoft won't shove their head back up their ass by re-enstating TH2's theming style (DOWN WITH TH2) or breaking theming in future cumulative updates (GOD NO!! DON'T BREAK IT MICKYSAUR!!:worried:)
:Peace:

you'd think that they keep doing these things to stop us because we are causing serious system meltdowns or something by the theming our pcs!!! I mean its a PC for a reason for gods sake.

Shemhamforash
September 1st, 2016, 01:50 AM
you'd think that they keep doing these things to stop us because we are causing serious system meltdowns or something by the theming our pcs!!! I mean its a PC for a reason for gods sake.

Microsoft dropped all support for custom themes after Windows 7. It's just the community that has kept it viable, TH2 was buggy in regards to themeing, I doubt any themes for RS1 will stop working until RS2 next year though.

Edit: Changed your thread title to reflect what build it's for. Always good to add that to your thread title

devillnside
September 1st, 2016, 02:28 AM
Microsoft dropped all support for custom themes after Windows 7. It's just the community that has kept it viable, TH2 was buggy in regards to themeing, I doubt any themes for RS1 will stop working until RS2 next year though.

Edit: Changed your thread title to reflect what build it's for. Always good to add that to your thread title

yeah sorry forgot about the title bit.....:D\'oh!:

Hactpump
February 6th, 2019, 02:43 AM
I knew about that. Need to find a way to continue the theme of the start menu onto those images. Do you have the margins etc for that?