PDA

View Full Version : Custom effects

archmage94
September 8th, 2016, 04:48 AM
Now I doubt this is possible but I think that custom effects for things like opening and closing windows, minimizing, maximizng, etc. would be awesome, like doing something Tron style when you open a window it looks like it's Rezzing the window, similar to a program or vehicle (Light Cycle, jet, etc) being Rezzed, and when you close the window, it looks like it's derezzing, that's to name an example, you could think of any effect you want if it was possible

Alienbyte
September 8th, 2016, 06:20 AM
only program able to animate the icons is called aniexplorer

Agelyk
September 8th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Now I doubt this is possible but I think that custom effects for things like opening and closing windows, minimizing, maximizng, etc. would be awesome, like doing something Tron style when you open a window it looks like it's Rezzing the window, similar to a program or vehicle (Light Cycle, jet, etc) being Rezzed, and when you close the window, it looks like it's derezzing, that's to name an example, you could think of any effect you want if it was possible

if u are looking animations to close, open, minimize etc ...try "Windows FX (https://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/)".

Shemhamforash
September 8th, 2016, 05:26 PM
if u are looking animations to close, open, minimize etc ...try "Windows FX (https://www.stardock.com/products/windowfx/)".

Problem with it is the bloat it takes on the resources, also it overrides theme settings for some things like "Aero Snap", and when I used it a long time ago I also found it annoying how when moving a window with "Wobbly Windows" enabled, the blur would flicker between full blur behind dwm frames, and then no blur when it's being moved. As far as I know it is the only option on Windows for effects. It is actually a rip off of a linux window manager that has many animation effects, "Wobbly Windows" for example is named the same and directly attempts to mimic it.

September 8th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Problem with it is the bloat it takes on the resources, also it overrides theme settings for some things like "Aero Snap", and when I used it a long time ago I also found it annoying how when moving a window with "Wobbly Windows" enabled, the blur would flicker between full blur behind dwm frames, and then no blur when it's being moved. As far as I know it is the only option on Windows for effects. It is actually a rip off of a linux window manager that has many animation effects, "Wobbly Windows" for example is named the same and directly attempts to mimic it.

i'm with Shemhamforash (http://virtualcustoms.net/member.php/280089-Shemhamforash) stardock products are just that over bloated and resource intensive. now under vista there was a app that would animate your icons. what it did specifically was when you opened a window it would cascade you icons in that folder from the top left to the bottom right till they all showed. problem with it on 7 when i tried it was it would mess up your view settings, so i gave up on it. someone here may remember what it's called.

archmage94
September 10th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Speaking of cool effects can I request new gifs for my avatar and my signiature picture? I'd like something sci-fi style? Like if it was in the style of Tron i'd say make it look like my user name in the Tron font for my Avatar and for my Signiature picture make it look like my user name is rezzing and derezzing.

Or perhaps something in the style of Mass Effect, your choice if you choose to take this request

this request is for anyone willing to take it and actually knows how to make these custom gifs