PDA

View Full Version : Nova Theme for Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Agelyk
September 9th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Nova (Alpha Edition)

previews of how it looks with all the extras themes.

Theme Includes

custom cursors (in proccess)
custom sound pack
image res icons
start button
wallpaper

note:I put 2 versions (the only difference is the font)

macacaldo
September 10th, 2016, 12:55 AM
Very nice.

Nimbi
September 10th, 2016, 01:48 AM
Awesome theme! Awaiting the cursors. Please make a matching iPack as well; those imageres icons look awesome in this theme. [basically one with imagres.dll, imagesp1.dll, and zipfldr.dll icons at the least plz (also, if possible, plz make sure it spreads to all of the control panel's catagory view icons as well)]. :Peace:

---EDIT---

P.S. If you do get around to making an iPack, plz make icons for these two icons as well

The OneDrive icon has been redone in other iPacks so i know that one can be redone, but I'm not sure on the Bluetooth icon since mine is from a CSR Harmony USB Bluetooth receiver. I've noticed that it does get read as a built in Bluetooth card without installing the driver, so perhaps the icon is in the same place? I personally dunno where it would be either way.

---EDIT 2---

Welp, I noticed a slight issue with the theme. Here's the screenshot,

The fonts aren't applying like in your screenshot to v1 [v2 doesn't have custom fonts anywhere so i'm guessing that one doesn't use them], the start menu's right side doesn't position itself properly, the 'apagar' button's 'r' gets cut off if the glyph icons are disabled, and the text on the taskbar's clock is showing the weekday in the center as it's own row while in your screenshot it's not. Other than that, I've yet to notice any other issues.

P.S. At the time of the screenshot my volume button and battery button were for some reason disabled and couldn't be re enabled, however this more than likely isn't a glitch with the theme as it's happened before several times while using other themes [I'm guessing it's probably a bug with RS1].

---EDIT 3---

Found another issue. Here's the screenshot.

Basically there's some text being cut off. The 'Restore Default' button is cut off in all three tabs tabs of the folder options.

P.S. I should probably mention that my screen resolution is 1366x768. However I tested the start menu problem on my T.V. via an HDMI cord to see if that fixed it and it didn't, so I'm guessing the other issues persist on it as well [my T.V. supports a resolution of 1920x1080].

Agelyk
September 10th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Awesome theme! Awaiting the cursors. Please make a matching iPack as well; those imageres icons look awesome in this theme. [basically one with imagres.dll, imagesp1.dll, and zipfldr.dll icons at the least plz (also, if possible, plz make sure it spreads to all of the control panel's catagory view icons as well)]. :Peace:

many questions here lol.
1) "icons" I'll post it later (for a mistake that I have when patching with iPack Builder)
2) for buttons with letters that do not fit (I put 2 versions with different fonts), use the version 2 (it is the only way to solve that problem there).
3) in the part of "clock", you should change the "date format"
4) in the "start menu" does not fit because it does not apply the font "Eurostile Extended" and the number of items there.

Nimbi
September 10th, 2016, 06:11 PM
many questions here lol.
1) "icons" I'll post it later (for a mistake that I have when patching with iPack Builder)
2) for buttons with letters that do not fit (I put 2 versions with different fonts), use the version 2 (it is the only way to solve that problem there).
3) in the part of "clock", you should change the "date format"
4) in the "start menu" does not fit because it does not apply the font "Eurostile Extended" and the number of items there.

Okay I can understand numbers 1, 2, and 4, but I've tried changing the date format on the clocks and nothing seems to get rid of the row with the weekday in it. What format do I need? [i've only been able to find methods for Windows 7 and those don't seem to work on Windows 10 RS1]

Agelyk
September 10th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Okay I can understand numbers 1, 2, and 4, but I've tried changing the date format on the clocks and nothing seems to get rid of the row with the weekday in it. What format do I need? [i've only been able to find methods for Windows 7 and those don't seem to work on Windows 10 RS1]

if I find a way to solve it, I'll let you know :Peace:

Nimbi
October 17th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Hello, angel960. How ya doing?

I've spotted a few more issues with this theme That I thought I should let you know about.

1.) There seems to be an issue with the min/max/close buttons on system/metro/universal apps when using the ModernFrame.dll [not sure if this is currently fixable but I thought you should know about it]. Basically although the function is still there, the buttons themselves aren't. Here's a screenshot for reference.

2.) It seems that the properties area and library view area of Task Scheduler are having issues. Basically the Properties area of Task Scheduler appears to have been missed in the theming and is having some rather odd text issues. And the Libraries view portion is having those same odd text issues. Here are some screenshots for reference.

Libraries View

Properties Dialog

I noticed the ModernFrame.dll issue some time ago but wasn't sure if it was just a problem on the theme's side or the ModernFrame.dll's side so I waited a while to see if it got fixed with later updates to ModernFrame.dll. However it is still there so I decided to mention it to you in case it might be a portion of the theme that has to be adjusted for use with it. As for the Task Sheduler issues, I just noticed those today upon scheduling a new task and figured I should let you know about them.

I hope this can be of some use to you in figuring out a fix for these issues. Thanks for all the work you put into this theme. It's still one of my favorites. :Peace:

devillnside
October 18th, 2016, 12:36 AM
looking real nice indeed:beautiful:

Agelyk
October 18th, 2016, 02:09 AM
thank u :Peace:
looking real nice indeed:beautiful:

Agelyk
October 18th, 2016, 02:15 AM
Hello, angel960. How ya doing?

I've spotted a few more issues with this theme That I thought I should let you know about.

I think the problem of the first image is the dpi (although I'm not sure), because in my normally works the theme.
Fixed errors picture 2 and 3.

i hope you like the new theme I'm doing 3d style again (I'll upload the preview after tomorrow)...and thanks for your notice :Peace:

Nimbi
October 18th, 2016, 03:22 AM
I think the problem of the first image is the dpi (although I'm not sure), because in my normally works the theme.
Fixed errors picture 2 and 3.

i hope you like the new theme I'm doing 3d style again (I'll upload the preview after tomorrow)...and thanks for your notice :Peace:

Ah okay. It probably is the dpi on the first one then. I'm on a rather small screen resolution so it makes sense [supposing that has anything to do with dpi, lol]. And thanks for the fix. Will download the fixed version ASAP. And no prob, I'm glad I could be of some help [even if it's just by spotting issues and pointing them out, lol].

Looking forward to the new theme. 3D style themes are something I'm definitely interested in. :Peace: