PDA

View Full Version : Annihilation Mastering Works

razorsedge
September 10th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Remastered for the best quality and look possible

I have taken this theme and reworked it to be the best in my opinion, hope you all enjoy it :)

Anyone wanting to port this to Windows 10 or any other Windows operating system is more then welcome.

Theme Includes

Custom Sound Pack
Custom Cursors
Explorer Frame Images
Start button
Image Res Icons
Shell32 Images
Custom Wallpapers

Theme Extras

Shellbrd Orb
Genuine Image
Time Date Clocks
Fonts

Download

freak69ize
September 11th, 2016, 12:27 AM
Hey @Shemhamforash .. really loving this one bud.. hint hint.. lol

@Razorsedge Is that Winstep Extreme Workshelf you got going on there?

razorsedge
September 11th, 2016, 12:33 AM

Hey bud actually it's just Object Dock using the tabbed dock setting. I am not a fan of stardock products but... they do make one really good thing and that's object dock plus it's actually pretty cheap for what it does 10 bucks. I like being able to have tons of apps all in one small tab like that instead of a huge long dock lol

very nice and compact :)

Shemhamforash
September 11th, 2016, 12:37 AM

True, I've been working on quite a few of these remasters, unfortunately some of them are having the same problems with the caption buttons as you can see in this screenshot (this is the first of several themes I started working on) it's really close but the caption buttons on the inactive window seem to take no cue from their values, I have the same settings for inactive and active caption buttons, I haven't seen this happen before but it's going on in this one and borg so far, I'm wondering if there is something I need to change for them to look correctly

freak69ize
September 11th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Hey bud actually it's just Object Dock using the tabbed dock setting. I am not a fan of stardock products but... they do make one really good thing and that's object dock plus it's actually pretty cheap for what it does 10 bucks. I like being able to have tons of apps all in one small tab like that instead of a huge long dock lol

very nice and compact :)

Ahh yeah.. i used to use Malice tabbed dock with Object Dock... i might look back into that.. thanks

freak69ize
September 11th, 2016, 12:42 AM
True, I've been working on quite a few of these remasters, unfortunately some of them are having the same problems with the caption buttons as you can see in this screenshot (this is the first of several themes I started working on) it's really close but the caption buttons on the inactive window seem to take no cue from their values, I have the same settings for inactive and active caption buttons, I haven't seen this happen before but it's going on in this one and borg so far, I'm wondering if there is something I need to change for them to look correctly

Yeah thats something i always had a problem with. Caption buttons on Hud Machine series are pretty tight.. make a style hack from it and then add the original images back in.. might work. What are you porting to?

Shemhamforash
September 11th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Yeah thats something i always had a problem with. Caption buttons on Hud Machine series are pretty tight.. make a style hack from it and then add the original images back in.. might work. What are you porting to?

I actually used the magnum edited style I gave you with the caption button fix, since they look very similar to one another. On the borg theme though I noticed other crap would change with style hacks aside from the caption buttons, one thing I noticed was the top frame changed to different values, probably because of the way dwm utilizes it in another theme. Even just copying over settings with no style hacks though on the borg theme did not look right, it worked for the close button, anything after that like the min/max buttons would go to where the content margins were telling them to for maybe 1 second and then fly back to being in their incorrect location, with no way of moving them at all. I will keep testing, but if I can't figure out how to fix the caption buttons to an acceptable degree, generally I won't do a full import of theme as I won't be happy with the way it looks. I'll keep trying a few different things, and if nothing works then I can send you the theme if you want to give it a shot as well, or just to use it as is. I'm porting to TH2 as RS1 has been endless headaches for some reason on virtualbox, so when I port to RS1 I only have to change the taskbar clock.

freak69ize
September 11th, 2016, 01:04 AM
I actually used the magnum edited style I gave you with the caption button fix, since they look very similar to one another. On the borg theme though I noticed other crap would change with style hacks aside from the caption buttons, one thing I noticed was the top frame changed to different values, probably because of the way dwm utilizes it in another theme. Even just copying over settings with no style hacks though on the borg theme did not look right, it worked for the close button, anything after that like the min/max buttons would go to where the content margins were telling them to for maybe 1 second and then fly back to being in their incorrect location, with no way of moving them at all. I will keep testing, but if I can't figure out how to fix the caption buttons to an acceptable degree, generally I won't do a full import of theme as I won't be happy with the way it looks. I'll keep trying a few different things, and if nothing works then I can send you the theme if you want to give it a shot as well, or just to use it as is. I'm porting to TH2 as RS1 has been endless headaches for some reason on virtualbox, so when I port to RS1 I only have to change the taskbar clock.

Caption buttons are really the only thing i couldnt get right.. i dont really know what i could do that you havent done already.. but yeah.. would like to have it if you dont mind. I can even port it to RS1.. that's if WSB will to cooperate.. lol WSB is whats giving me endless headaches on RS1... usually a reboot takes care of it but really annoying.... main reason i havent ported the TH2 themes from my section to RS1 yet

Shemhamforash
September 11th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Caption buttons are really the only thing i couldnt get right.. i dont really know what i could do that you havent done already.. but yeah.. would like to have it if you dont mind. I can even port it to RS1.. that's if WSB will to cooperate.. lol WSB is whats giving me endless headaches on RS1... usually a reboot takes care of it but really annoying.... main reason i havent ported the TH2 themes from my section to RS1 yet

Here's the theme I was working on, I fixed the immersive context menus, and tried to fix the caption buttons (if you want the original theme's settings I'm sure you could just open up the 7 theme and manually enter the content margins for each of the caption buttons). Remember you still need to import to RS1

freak69ize
September 11th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Here's the theme I was working on, I fixed the immersive context menus, and tried to fix the caption buttons (if you want the original theme's settings I'm sure you could just open up the 7 theme and manually enter the content margins for each of the caption buttons). Remember you still need to import to RS1

Ok bud.. much appreciated. Will see what i can do with it tomorrow. Might wanna delete that download so no one downloads and breaks something on their pc.. i got it. We should prolly stop hijacking Razors thread too. lol My bad

Shemhamforash
September 11th, 2016, 02:07 AM
Ok bud.. much appreciated. Will see what i can do with it tomorrow. Might wanna delete that download so no one downloads and breaks something on their pc.. i got it. We should prolly stop hijacking Razors thread too. lol My bad

No problem mate, I was planning on deleting the download. lol

Mr GRiM
September 11th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Hi Tucker, been a while mate, thanks for the awesome collection, some of these I feel like I have not even seen before, loved all 3 of the Startrek themes, I must of missed the original release of the Klingon theme, looks badass.

razorsedge
September 11th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Hi Tucker, been a while mate, thanks for the awesome collection, some of these I feel like I have not even seen before, loved all 3 of the Startrek themes, I must of missed the original release of the Klingon theme, looks badass.

Thanks bud ya man it sure has been a while to be sure. Had a long year so far a very rough last month to be sure but had to be doing something, themeing and vid editing kept me busy as I was not able to move around much but glad you guys are liking these reworkings :)

Erin
September 11th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Awesome :shocked: (sorry to repeat ... but I love it )!!!!!!

freak69ize
September 12th, 2016, 02:07 AM
@Razorsedge Hey bud.. how can i make this topshell like you have there?

Mr GRiM
September 12th, 2016, 02:45 AM

Use the shellstyle.dll from one of my topshell themes.

razorsedge
September 12th, 2016, 03:28 AM

Use the shellstyle.dll from one of my topshell themes.

@freak69ize I assume you are talking for windows 10 right, at least I think so lol. If that's the case do what grim suggested I believe he made those custom shellstyle.dll's for 10 to make topshell's for themes. If windows 7 edit's have to be made in the shell32.dll for it and they are very easy I did a vid tutorial a while back on how to do that here if needed http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/41160-Move-Preview-pane-to-Top-and-Cmd-bar-to-Bottom-Video-Tutorial :)

Once you start using topshell you'll never go back lmao, cause it will feel weird to have it on the bottom lol. On the very very rare occasion that Windows does an update that replaces the shelll32.dll for Windows 7 I piss and moan when seeing my details pane go back to the bottom it bugs me like crazy till I fix it to put it back lmao

freak69ize
September 12th, 2016, 03:49 AM
@freak69ize I assume you are talking for windows 10 right, at least I think so lol. If that's the case do what grim suggested I believe he made those custom shellstyle.dll's for 10 to make topshell's for themes. If windows 7 edit's have to be made in the shell32.dll for it and they are very easy I did a vid tutorial a while back on how to do that here if needed http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/41160-Move-Preview-pane-to-Top-and-Cmd-bar-to-Bottom-Video-Tutorial :)

Once you start using topshell you'll never go back lmao, cause it will feel weird to have it on the bottom lol. On the very very rare occasion that Windows does an update that replaces the shelll32.dll for Windows 7 I piss and moan when seeing my details pane go back to the bottom it bugs me like crazy till I fix it to put it back lmao

I tried every shellstyle.dll from Grims Hud series and none of them wanna play nice. After replacing that file when i open explorer or personalization panel i get a white background and have to sign out and enable high contrast theme so i can delete the file so it will work again

razorsedge
September 12th, 2016, 04:06 AM
I tried every shellstyle.dll from Grims Hud series and none of them wanna play nice. After replacing that file when i open explorer or personalization panel i get a white background and have to sign out and enable high contrast theme so i can delete the file so it will work again

It is Win 10 right your doing this on if so I have to leave this one up to Grim or one of the other 10 users to help you on what to do there, as I am not using or even booting Win 10 on my computer at all anymore so I am unable to problem solve for Windows 10 sorry about that bud :)

freak69ize
September 12th, 2016, 04:09 AM
It is Win 10 right your doing this on if so I have to leave this one up to Grim or one of the other 10 users to help you on what to do there, as I am not using or even booting Win 10 on my computer at all anymore so I am unable to problem solve for Windows 10 sorry about that bud :)

Not a promlem. I agree with ya tho... after using hud topshell.. bottomshell just doesnt look right. lol

Mr GRiM
September 12th, 2016, 11:00 AM

Add a text color property to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text and it will work.

freak69ize
September 12th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Add a text color property to Explorer & Shell > Explorer > ProperTree > Navigation Text and it will work.

Still wont work mate. Do i have it right?

Alienbyte
September 12th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Still wont work mate. Do i have it right?

add Color:Textcolor and delete Fillcolor

Mr GRiM
September 12th, 2016, 03:55 PM
add Color:Textcolor and delete Fillcolor

As he said ;)

Alienbyte
September 12th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I apologize for my intrusion :)

As he said ;)

freak69ize
September 12th, 2016, 04:31 PM
As he said ;)