PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party themes not working in latest RS2 build 14931

dhjohns
September 22nd, 2016, 01:53 AM
First the update failed. I did clean install. Applied customizations with Black Theme Toolkit, and settings app crashes. Can't change themes. Can't even open Themes folder itself. Explorer window closes. Uninstall theme customizations, and all is good. But only default themes are working.

Actually on further examination Uxstlyle screws it all up.

Shemhamforash
September 22nd, 2016, 02:19 AM
Actually on further examination Uxstlyle screws it all up.

Have you tried Theme Signature Bypass (http://virtualcustoms.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=74615&d=1470338612)?

dhjohns
September 22nd, 2016, 02:35 AM
I also have another version of Windows in which UltraUXstyle is supported. So I copied the files over, and it is working now.

Shemhamforash
September 22nd, 2016, 02:38 AM
I also have another version of Windows in which UltraUXstyle is supported. So I copied the files over, and it is working now.

Good to know it's only potentially a UxStyle problem then
Edit: I assume you mean UltraUxThemePatcher and the same build of Windows that you said UxStyle stopped working on ...

dhjohns
September 22nd, 2016, 03:34 AM
Yes UltraUXThemePatcher. When I tried to install on 14391, it said incompatible, so I installed it on AU, and copied the files to System32 in 14931. I took ownership of the originals, and renamed them with a .bak extension. After that all is good. All themes apply properly. Of course I had to restart, but without those files, the themes do not get applied well at all.

I am going to have to put in an extra section just for this build in the Black Theme Installer. If you can extract those dll files from the exe it would be cool. I was not able to do that with winrar. I had to install, then copy them over. I always try to dual boot so this is not a problem.

Shemhamforash
September 22nd, 2016, 03:46 AM
Yes UltraUXThemePatcher. When I tried to install on 14391, it said incompatible, so I installed it on AU, and copied the files to System32 in 14931. I took ownership of the originals, and renamed them with a .bak extension. After that all is good. All themes apply properly. Of course I had to restart, but without those files, the themes do not get applied well at all.

I am going to have to put in an extra section just for this build in the Black Theme Installer. If you can extract those dll files from the exe it would be cool. I was not able to do that with winrar. I had to install, then copy them over. I always try to dual boot so this is not a problem.

So if I understand correctly, those three system files need to be manually replaced to apply custom themes?
If so, it might be a good working solution for you now to be able to replace them, but that could become highly unstable on future builds. Not totally sure if it'd be a safe addition to the installer. You'd probably want to make a *testing* section that's labelled use at your own risk, etc

dhjohns
September 22nd, 2016, 05:05 AM
So if I understand correctly, those three system files need to be manually replaced to apply custom themes?
If so, it might be a good working solution for you now to be able to replace them, but that could become highly unstable on future builds. Not totally sure if it'd be a safe addition to the installer. You'd probably want to make a *testing* section that's labelled use at your own risk, etcYes they need to be manually replaced because the software does not recognize 14931 as a supported build. This is why I had to grab it from another supported build. And, yes it would be at your own risk, but I do include safeguards for unsupported builds as this software we speak of. But, anyone can easily circumnavigate it by editing the code. ;)

September 22nd, 2016, 11:42 AM

still the latest insider?

dhjohns
September 22nd, 2016, 12:59 PM
still the latest insider?Actually I ran it on the Anniversary Update to get the files. I will be releasing an update, but probably later tonight at the earliest. I have a busy day ahead of me.

Ultras1919
October 13th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Any update ?

Ultras1919
October 13th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Any news or updates ? Cause i'm on build 14942 and it's not working !

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 05:14 AM
Any news or updates ? Cause i'm on build 14942 and it's not working !It is now updated through 14946.
http://s22.postimg.org/8c1j37zq9/screenshot_1.png

Ultras1919
October 14th, 2016, 08:25 AM
So Uxstyle is working great ? Cause it's not updated in a while ! Can you give me a link cause i'm really confused right now ?

dhjohns
October 14th, 2016, 12:58 PM
So Uxstyle is working great ? Cause it's not updated in a while ! Can you give me a link cause i'm really confused right now ?In my installer http://virtualcustoms.net/showthread.php/72627-Windows-10-All-In-One-Installer-with-Uninstaller I have the files which are in UltraUXthemepatcher extracted, and they install by command line. Uxstyle installs just fine on its own, and is included in the installer. If you try to download and use UltraUXthemepatcher it probably will not work.