PDA

View Full Version : hud red theme start menu floating text cant figure out how to get rid of it

Quasimodo
September 24th, 2016, 06:38 AM
to make a long story short i had win7 upgraded to the RS1 edition of win 10, but i wanted to just have a clean install of win 10 RSI so i could free up a ton of space which it did, and now i have just this one issue of the floating text
i just formatted and installed a clean version of win 10 rs1 and when i installed it everything seems to work perfect but when i click the start orb and the start menu pops up i get some floating test over the shut down button. i have this on 2 different computers and this one is the only one i see it on. i have uploaded a pic so you can see it, if you look closely you will see it just off to the right of where it says core systems, it floats over where it should say reactor and blocks it out . i am sure it has to be something in the settings for winaero or in the start is back settings that i did wrong, but i have looked and looked and can not for the life of me see anything where it says show text on shut down button.

after further messing around i discovered on one computer i have the version of hud red that was meant for win 8.1 its the one that works with out the floating text that says shut down over where it says reactor, so it seems it is only on the version of hud red that is meant specifically for RS1 that has the floating text

does anyone have any ideas about where i should look to get rid of the floating text?

thanks in advance for your help on this.

freak69ize
September 24th, 2016, 12:00 PM
I have it too. Odd that ive never noticed it before.. but then again i never use the start menu to shut down or restart. I may be wrong but i think the problem is in the theme file... lets see what @Mr Grim says though

Dark Knight
September 24th, 2016, 12:56 PM
I have it too. Odd that ive never noticed it before.. but then again i never use the start menu to shut down or restart. I may be wrong but i think the problem is in the theme file... lets see what @Mr Grim says though

Right click in an empty area on your start menu, click properties, this will bring up the SIB settings page, untick "Display glyph icons" then Apply. That should take care of it for you.

Shemhamforash
September 24th, 2016, 02:45 PM
It's the blank font included with the theme, you need to install it

Quasimodo
September 24th, 2016, 04:55 PM
thanks a million shemhamforash that solved the problem. i hadnt installed the fonts for the rs1 theme because i looked and at quick glance it appeared they had been installed with the win 8.1 version of hud red. i updated the hud red on my other machine to the rs1 version and did the same thing now they are both perfect. i felt a little petty asking about it since it was such a minor thing but i figured that you guys on here wouldnt turn out something that wasnt perfect, so i figured it was something i missed or skipped, in the settings. thanks again for all the help the people on Virtual Customs has given me

Quasi