PDA

View Full Version : Possible to disable windows 10 anniversary update emojis?

SneakyLeroy
September 26th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Hello, I recently updated from windows 10 november update to the anniversary one. I have a problem with the new update there's new unicode emoji's, i've been using chrome's emoji's for quite some time now and they look much better in my opinion.

Basically as title says, is there a way to disable them and go back to default ones somehow? I looked around on google but couldn't really find anything and thought if someone would be able to atleast answer the question whether or not it would be possible it would be someone here :p

Any help is much appreciated :peaceful:

Shemhamforash
September 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot? Thanks

SneakyLeroy
September 26th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Sure, can't get identical links as symbols show up different now, so I just took a screenshot from some gameplay before the update.

Before:
75652 75655

After:

They look more "drawed" and have a really thick black outline, basically just wonder if there's a way to reverse the emoji support or disable it all together.

Thanks ^^

Shemhamforash
September 26th, 2016, 03:42 PM
The new ones do look worse imo but I doubt there is a way to "disable" them. Probably you should keep looking for some kind of emoji extension pack that would install all the old ones (like that browser extension that adds more twitch smilies). But that wouldn't work for the person receiving them unless they had the same emoji extension pack installed. :idk:

SneakyLeroy
September 27th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Thanks for your help, I tried some chrome extensions but nothing really I worked "seamlessly" across sites and seems like there's a mix between icons that overwrites windows new emoji's and ones that doesn't.
Anyway, I just ended up going back to previous build I had before and things are back to normal :peace: